sometimes fans sadly know more

kmnj

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Dcat said:

I get it.  You know more than Mac, Bowles and the Jets FO.  Thanks for educating us.

I wonder if people like this have other accounts on our forum so that when they are proven wrong they can post about how great they knew these players were going to be

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

He was a complete fraud and the biggest coward I've ever seen in a Jets jersey.

Never despised an NFL player more - Rapists, Murderers, Brady's and all.

I agree. I never liked Dustin Keller at all. Would have much preferred DeSean Jackson, and NOT in hindsight. I wanted him then.

3 hours ago, kmnj said:

it is posted often on here about jets doom and gloom fans. There is a reason for that besides the obvious being we have not won in pretty much forever. Many times for whatever the reason Jets have people in place that have made some mind numbing dumb choices when even the casual fan sees it is wrong.

The ones that stick in my craw the worst are passing over marino and sapp for kenny and brady(kyle brady that is) but our history is full of bad draft picks and bad choices by bad coaches and gms. 

We have heard "we have a plan have to stick with it" our gm knows best "(over and over again even though these guys have no history of winning), "this guys a player", "the guy we wanted"," best player available"gives us the best chance to win so much the mere sound of those phrases makes me tremble with fear and sick with nausea.

This brings me to this draft-the majority of fans that watch college football know what their eyes allow them to see. I watched almost every psu game as family goes there. I have been to many of the games and we drafted a guy that I believe will be beyond awful. I dont know what the coaches/scouts see. It is like they are telling me fire is cold but in all of my being I know it is hot. I wanted Lynch but even though  they passed on him , I understood because they did not want a "project". Then this pick comes through and it has left me sick and questioning my fandom once again.

I am in my early 40s and have been going to almost every game since I walking and in that time I have seen more then my share of heartbreak. I own numerous psls includuing some of the best in the house.  A man can only take so much especially watching the giants win rings and every few years building a championship type team.

I hope my fears are wrong but my gut and eyes tell me the future is muddled with 4-8 win seasons.

I wanted no part of Fitz coming back and hated how he choked away the playoffs last year and now after seeing our newly drafted qb I would welcome fitz back with open arms and carry his luggage back to his locker.

And what makes you think YOU are one of those fans who "sadly knows better"? 

8 picks later...

In the 6th round of the 2000 draft, the Patriots selected DB Antwan Harris over Tom Brady.

BB knew Brady would still be there at #199.

In the 6th and 7th rounds of that draft, the Pats came away with Tom Brady, Antwan Harris and Patrick Pass.

Just now, PatsFanTX said:

BB knew Brady would still be there.

In the 6th and 7th rounds of that draft, the Pats came away with Tom Brady, Antwan Harris and Patrick Pass.

How quickly you forget David Nugent.

He was throwing mud against the wall with late round picks. Hit big on one of them and taught him how to cheat effectively. Then a year or so later you watched your first Patriots football game and learned who Bill Belichick is. :) 

25 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

BB knew Brady would still be there at #199.

So, conversely, he was worried Brissett wouldn't be there after the 3rd?  Come on, man.  Brady wasn't even an afterthought, let alone a plan at 199.  He got lucky, plain and simple.

40 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

And what makes you think YOU are one of those fans who "sadly knows better"? 

Because Paxton Lynch is going to reinvent the game of football.  Call me when he beats out Sanchez for the starting job because that might be 3 years from now

4 hours ago, kmnj said:

it is posted often on here about jets doom and gloom fans. There is a reason for that besides the obvious being we have not won in pretty much forever. Many times for whatever the reason Jets have people in place that have made some mind numbing dumb choices when even the casual fan sees it is wrong.

The ones that stick in my craw the worst are passing over marino and sapp for kenny and brady(kyle brady that is) but our history is full of bad draft picks and bad choices by bad coaches and gms. 

We have heard "we have a plan have to stick with it" our gm knows best "(over and over again even though these guys have no history of winning), "this guys a player", "the guy we wanted"," best player available"gives us the best chance to win so much the mere sound of those phrases makes me tremble with fear and sick with nausea.

This brings me to this draft-the majority of fans that watch college football know what their eyes allow them to see. I watched almost every psu game as family goes there. I have been to many of the games and we drafted a guy that I believe will be beyond awful. I dont know what the coaches/scouts see. It is like they are telling me fire is cold but in all of my being I know it is hot. I wanted Lynch but even though  they passed on him , I understood because they did not want a "project". Then this pick comes through and it has left me sick and questioning my fandom once again.

I am in my early 40s and have been going to almost every game since I walking and in that time I have seen more then my share of heartbreak. I own numerous psls includuing some of the best in the house.  A man can only take so much especially watching the giants win rings and every few years building a championship type team.

I hope my fears are wrong but my gut and eyes tell me the future is muddled with 4-8 win seasons.

I wanted no part of Fitz coming back and hated how he choked away the playoffs last year and now after seeing our newly drafted qb I would welcome fitz back with open arms and carry his luggage back to his locker.

You are so delusional that you think you know more than any FO? Lol, rich.

how come you don't realiz that every single team has a list of players they passed on in the draft who turned into stars?  

There are ofcourse hits and misses, but most fans base their like/dislikes on the general media, but rarely can pick out the stars consistently.  There are people who watch tape, and break things down, but even they don't have much idea, because they don't really have access to play calls or All 22 tapes from college.  And that's just the on-field performace.  Then we have to think about system fits (Player A is better, but Player B fits the system better), off the field concerns, and gauge their ability to transition to the NFL.

Examples:  

Milliner was a shut down corner at Alabama, a consensus top 10 pick, yet his injuries keep him off the field.  When we made those picks, I guarantee you the board was "Yaaay" for Milliner and "WTF" for Sheldon.  

Geno Smith, consensus top QB in the draft, drops like a rock.  Before the draft, threads about moving up for him.  I'm not sure if it's still there, but there was some Chiefs fan who made a 20 minute Youtube video advocating Geno for the No. 1 overall pick.  Most people were thrilled when we got him in the 2nd.  

People were gaga over Manziel, after he did his pro day in a helmet, saying he had "it" factor.  

The root of all this is that no one is perfect, fans make mistakes, GM's make mistakes.  No one fan is going to do collectively better than most GMs (except Idzik with the 12 picks, that was a sham) but collaboratively the fans are going to do better because there is just more people involved, so the law of probability states that 10 people are going to hit on draft picks more than one person when you choose to overlook the misses.

9 hours ago, kmnj said:

Did you watch the Gruden camp w/Hackenberg or some of the recent articles posted here-1 by Jenny Vrentas? 

17 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Did you watch the Gruden camp w/Hackenberg or some of the recent articles posted here-1 by Jenny Vrentas? 

I went to a good portion of his games and watched almost every one of them-my eyes dont lie and I am not alone in my opinion -I value the opinion of elway as well as my eyes and he traded up for lynch so you can say I know nothing but the gm that just won the superbowl traded up to get lynch and did not want our pick

as I said i loved the bmarsh move and LOVE forte-the pick I Have a big problem with is the QB and once again I will go with Elway over Mac's opinion as well-Elway just won a ring and was a ten top all time qb

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

how come you don't realiz that every single team has a list of players they passed on in the draft who turned into stars?  

I was out the draft where the jets passed on marino and at the draft jets passed on sapp-everybody in the room was smarter that the FO those days-watch the video as fans cheered for marino and sapp and the reactions of the picks then get back to me.

3 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I went to a good portion of his games and watched almost every one of them-my eyes dont lie and I am not alone in my opinion -I value the opinion of elway as well as my eyes and he traded up for lynch so you can say I know nothing but the gm that just won the superbowl traded up to get lynch and did not want our pick

Ok. May I ask your experience as a QB coach? Just take 20 minutes and watch Grudens QB camp. Read MMQB article on Hackenberg by Jenny Vrentas. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

But not Jets fans. God forbid if we ran this team! When you see the insanity that we witness here every day. Thank god the people who run this team aren't Jets fans.

It would be glorious. We would not pick anyone, because everyone would suck, except for the guys who were picked by the other teams, but it would be too late because they were picked already.

9 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I was out the draft where the jets passed on marino and at the draft jets passed on sapp-everybody in the room was smarter that the FO those days-watch the video as fans cheered for marino and sapp and the reactions of the picks then get back to me.

that's a hell of a resume.  are you open to considering career opportunities ?

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Big friggen deal, every fan made those picks.  Easy when the only reason not to make the pick is a drug rumor hanging over them and you don't have a job on the line if you pick a guy with drug shadow hanging over him. 

Dont pat yourself on he back, I was at the Sheridan waiting to scream for Marino too.  Neither one of us know more than FOs

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

Ok. May I ask your experience as a QB coach? Just take 20 minutes and watch Grudens QB camp. Read MMQB article on Hackenberg by Jenny Vrentas. 

I will go with elways opinion

17 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I will go with elways opinion

You know, for all the praise Horseface gets as a GM, he hasn't done jacksh*t except throw money at Manning and a bunch of FA's.  He's real fortunate that Peyton had one last playoff run in him because it's gonna buy him some time if Lynch bombs.  All I have heard here is that Osweiler isn't worth his price, is average, etc...and yet all of you guys lament the fact that we didn't draft the poor man's Osweiler at 20.  Not only that, but I'd be willing to bet that Elway would have preferred to keep Brock if he had the choice.

Archived