sometimes fans sadly know more

kmnj

If I had a dollar for every thread whining about all the players we "missing in the draft" I'd be rich. I am not a SOJ whiner and I will not wave pom poms either. All of the personnel that were involved in those "misses" are fired or dead. Also the last time I looked, 20 other teams passed on Marino as well as other players. As far as I'm concerned I will wait and see what happens with this new crop and won't wring my hands about it.  

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Keller was billed as a speedy athletic tight end but never really was that. He was a jag that had a knack for inexplicably tripping over the hash marks after a reception.

Keller was a Mangini pick.  Mangini was the greatest drafter everer.

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Our drafts since Elway took over have been pretty decent. I just feel it's also important to note that a lot of those FA's came because they knew Peyton Manning gave them the best shot at a championship and for that reason alone.  They were also willing to take team friendlier deals which helped. Has he landed a few good ones?  Yeah, definitely.  If I'm being totally honest though, have his drafts been significantly better than ours since he took over? No.  He just had Peyton Manning leading the charge not Geno Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Mark Sanchez.  

This whole "trusting Elway" talk got brought up because of Paxton Lynch.  Problem with that is that a lot of these posters seem to forget that Elway was in this position because of Osweiler.  There's a whole lot of discussion to be had with that situation but the skinny is this:  Either Elway realized Brock will never become what he envisioned and he let him walk (least likely scenario and if true, also proves he isn't this QB genius everyone makes him out to be) OR he stupidly played hardball a little to hard and lost Brock to another team because he got a little full of himself (more likely and says he still has some stuff to learn as a GM).  Also, before I get to my next point, let's not forget that he also blew the Kaep situation because he thought after a Super Bowl win those "John Elway discount FA's" would just keep rollllling in.  Why in the world would any reasonable human in Kaepernick’s situation take the massive paycut Elway wanted him to take?  

You know, we just went 10-6 with a journeyman QB, our GM is fresh off executive of the year, and although we don't have a clear long-term answer just yet at QB, we didn't NEED to take the Paxton Lynch gamble.  A gamble like that failing could mean the end for a GM like Macc...for Elway?  Not only would that have been BPA and filled a need for him, but the Super Bowl win grants him a tonnnn of leeway when making decisions like that. If Paxton bombs in Denver, Elway will get another chance to get it right and no one will second guess him because they're all high on championship confetti.  Macc makes that move and his seat gets A LOT warmer.  I don't believe Paxton was worth doing that to himself and I'm glad Macc agreed.

Well we disagree, then. His first draft was 2011. 

I don't see how he blew anything with Kaepernick. He didn't want to pay him $12M like we didn't want to pay Fitzpatrick $16-18M. What of it?

Next, I forget when it was I ever called him a genius at anything. You must have me confused with another poster. You're also confusing me with people in love with Lynch or who hate Hackenberg. So your ire is misdirected.

That said, I don't think Lynch failing is any more of an "end for a GM like Macc" than if Hackenberg is a total bust. Lynch was largely viewed as the next-best prospect, and was probably projected to go to the Jets in half the mock drafts out there (both amateur and professional). Hackenberg was viewed by many/most as being between the 4th-best and 7th-best QB in this draft. Taking him at #51 is a bigger leap than taking Lynch at #26. If he is a total bust for us, he passes on a QB high next year, and neither he nor Petty develop into a reliable starter, he'll be no less safe than if he'd taken Lynch.

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I don't see how he blew anything with Kaepernick. He didn't want to pay him $12M like we didn't want to pay Fitzpatrick $16-18M. What of it?

Next, I forget when it was I ever called him a genius at anything. You must have me confused with another poster. You're also confusing me with people in love with Lynch or who hate Hackenberg. So your ire is misdirected.

That said, I don't think Lynch failing is any more of an "end for a GM like Macc" than if Hackenberg is a total bust. Lynch was largely viewed as the next-best prospect, and was probably projected to go to the Jets in half the mock drafts out there (both amateur and professional). Hackenberg was viewed by many/most as being between the 4th-best and 7th-best QB in this draft. Taking him at #51 is a bigger leap than taking Lynch at #26. If he is a total bust for us, he passes on a QB high next year, and neither he nor Petty develop into a reliable starter, he'll be no less safe than if he'd taken Lynch.

Draft's- You're right we'll have to agree to disagree. 

Kaep- a discussion for another time because I don't want to derail this thread.

Just want to make it clear that my ire isn't directed towards you...like at all actually. You're a level headed guy. It's more directed to those like OP, who despise the fact we passed on Lynch.  You're a good guy Sperm and I respect your opinions even if I disagree with them.  

As for Macc and Hack, I personally feel that if the recovery project fails, not only will he be quick to move on but I believe he'll at least be given a shot with a first round QB.

On April 30, 2016 at 0:08 PM, Irish Jet said:

He was a complete fraud and the biggest coward I've ever seen in a Jets jersey.

Never despised an NFL player more - Rapists, Murderers, Brady's and all.

I agree with you on hating Keller.  Maybe it was watching this athletic freak be so uncoordinated.  Maybe it was watching him never break a single tackle in his career.  Maybe I was still burned from the Kyle Brady/Anthony Becht first round picks.  How is it that NO, NE, and SD find home runs at the position deep in the draft and we waste first rounders on a position like TE?

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Draft's- You're right we'll have to agree to disagree. 

Kaep- a discussion for another time because I don't want to derail this thread.

Just want to make it clear that my ire isn't directed towards you...like at all actually. You're a level headed guy. It's more directed to those like OP, who despise the fact we passed on Lynch.  You're a good guy Sperm and I respect your opinions even if I disagree with them.  

As for Macc and Hack, I personally feel that if the recovery project fails, not only will he be quick to move on but I believe he'll at least be given a shot with a first round QB.

I don't think Macc is gonna get the opportunity to use a first rounder on a QB now. He had his shot and passed.  It's not like we "fans" we're the only ones with the belief that Lynch would eventually be a very good QB.  It was Dal, KC, AZ, and the team that traded up and got him, Den.

Macc has had his ass handed to him this offseason.  He misplayed the Wilkerson situation, quite poorly I might add.  Because of this, we lost Ivory, Harrison, and Davis.  And because he decided to sign a bunch of aging/declining vets in Forte, McLendon, Jenkins,, we won't even recoup a single comp pick from it.

he has misplayed the Fitzpatrick situation just as poorly as Wilkerson.  I know there is not a lot of love for Fitz around here but he had a better year than Bradford, Osweiler, are about the same as cousins.  All three are getting paid north of $18M this offseason.  Like or not, this is the going rate.  

That said, even if Macc wanted to sign Fitz to a appropriate contract, he has mishandled our cap in his short stint, so it's not possible.

now back to the QB position.  I think we can all agree Hack is not going to play in 2016.  So regardless of what happens at the position this year, Macc can't use a #1 pick on a QB, next year because he already invested a 2 on Hack.  Only two ways this would be acceptable.  One, the team ends up with the number one pick over all or Hack has to play this year and is as bad as he was in college.

franchise QBs are a rarity.  You don't get the opportunity to draft one let alone two with the "luxury" so losing a ton of games and not getting fired because of it in the process.  

My only guess is that Wilkerson is still getting traded and they are going to use the cap space to sign Fitz long term.  I am not saying this is the right thing to do, but because he currently has Geno and two very raw, long shots at the only position on the field that really matters.  I just hope Bowles can shut a lot of teams out.  If not, it's going to be a very long year.

On April 30, 2016 at 0:41 PM, PatsFanTX said:

In the 6th round of the 2000 draft, the Jets selected DE Tony Scott over Tom Brady.

And you were a Jets fan, you didn't give a shlt that they passed on him. 

9 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The Jets Brain Trust worked out Paxton Lynch and Christian Hackenburg.  The choose to go with Hackenburg; I know some folks think that makes them idiots but to me that simply makes them shrewd.  Unless there is a injury neither will probably see the field this year.  While Hack needs to refine some of his mechanics, (a process that began a few months ago working out with QB Jordan Palmer) Lynch needs to learn how to play under center AND work on his mechanics.   Hackenburg and proven he can actually RUN a pro style offense (albeit three years ago) and he has the perfect OC in Chan Gailey who made  3,000 yard passer out of Tyler Thigpen.    Hackenburg also passes the character test for me; he could have left that train wreck that was PSU.  Nick Saban practically had him on speed dial trying to convince him to leave and come to Alabama where he probably regains his form, playing for  MUCH BETTER TEAM, and who knows, maybe he is the first or second quarterback taken instead of Goff or Wentz.   He decided to stick it out, a weaker man would have left but he remained commited to PSU for better or worse.   How can that not be part of the evaluation process when comparing these players?  The point is I think it was with Mac and Co.   Btw, I think Paxton Lynch went to the perfect place for him.  There is no pressure for him to start, the team is coming off of a SB victory and has arguably the best defense in the league.  

The bottom line is I truly believe that Hackenburg will develop into an elite quarterback and at the end of the day will be every bit as good or better than any quarterback taken in this draft.  To just see the potential this kid has I encourage everyone to watch the video of his freshman season and realize that was when he played in pro style offense.  If Gailey, Patulo and Bowles can help he recapture this form....  our long wait for a franchise quarterback will finally be over. 

8 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

The Jets Brain Trust worked out Paxton Lynch and Christian Hackenburg.  The choose to go with Hackenburg; I know some folks think that makes them idiots but to me that simply makes them shrewd.  Unless there is a injury neither will probably see the field this year.  While Hack needs to refine some of his mechanics, (a process that began a few months ago working out with QB Jordan Palmer) Lynch needs to learn how to play under center AND work on his mechanics.   Hackenburg and proven he can actually RUN a pro style offense (albeit three years ago) and he has the perfect OC in Chan Gailey who made  3,000 yard passer out of Tyler Thigpen.    Hackenburg also passes the character test for me; he could have left that train wreck that was PSU.  Nick Saban practically had him on speed dial trying to convince him to leave and come to Alabama where he probably regains his form, playing for  MUCH BETTER TEAM, and who knows, maybe he is the first or second quarterback taken instead of Goff or Wentz.   He decided to stick it out, a weaker man would have left but he remained commited to PSU for better or worse.   How can that not be part of the evaluation process when comparing these players?  The point is I think it was with Mac and Co.   Btw, I think Paxton Lynch went to the perfect place for him.  There is no pressure for him to start, the team is coming off of a SB victory and has arguably the best defense in the league.  

The bottom line is I truly believe that Hackenburg will develop into an elite quarterback and at the end of the day will be every bit as good or better than any quarterback taken in this draft.  To just see the potential this kid has I encourage everyone to watch the video of his freshman season and realize that was when he played in pro style offense.  If Gailey, Patulo and Bowles can help he recapture this form....  our long wait for a franchise quarterback will finally be over. 

Hackenberg might have too much talent for Gailey. If you are talented Gailey wouldn't know what to do with you since he has never been in that situation before with a QB. :)

7 hours ago, JetBlue said:

1. I was not in the tank for Lynch, nor do I despise Hackenberg, so you're arguing with the wrong person. 

2.  It's unconvincing to award Hackenberg "he would've" success he didn't have, if only he was on another team. He would have been in a better situation, but it's still baseless imagination as to what his numbers would have been. Just like if Fitz was knocked out of the Buffalo game in the 3rd Q and Geno then threw those 3 picks, then everyone would claim that never would have happened, and we would have definitely won, made the playoffs, etc. if only Fitz was still out there.

I hope you're right. Just like I hoped those touting the Sanchez and Geno picks were right. Both were reasonable picks at the time, regardless of how they turned out. Out of the 3, in general only 1 was considered a reach where he was taken during their respective drafts, and it seems he's a riskier prospect than either of the other 2 (i.e. most likely to completely fail, due to some wild inaccuracy).

That said, I've admitted several times I've never seen a full game of his (let alone most/all of them), nor from Lynch either. So I'm not all over Lynch's dick (and think his height is overstated because it looks to me like he throws sidearm, or it only looks overhand when he dips/lowers his whole torso to his left).

15 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I tend to agree, especially if Lee turns out to be a player. That'll give him a lot of cover. 

If neither Hack nor Petty see the field this year, and the team feels that neither one is ready for prime time by the end of the season, I really don't think anyone will blink if the Jets take a QB in the first round in 2017. I hope it doesn't come to that, but it won't be a catastrophe. Had they gone with Lynch in the first, I don't think Mac has the same wiggle room. 

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

1. I was not in the tank for Lynch, nor do I despise Hackenberg, so you're arguing with the wrong person. 

2.  It's unconvincing to award Hackenberg "he would've" success he didn't have, if only he was on another team. He would have been in a better situation, but it's still baseless imagination as to what his numbers would have been. Just like if Fitz was knocked out of the Buffalo game in the 3rd Q and Geno then threw those 3 picks, then everyone would claim that never would have happened, and we would have definitely won, made the playoffs, etc. if only Fitz was still out there.

I hope you're right. Just like I hoped those touting the Sanchez and Geno picks were right. Both were reasonable picks at the time, regardless of how they turned out. Out of the 3, in general only 1 was considered a reach where he was taken during their respective drafts, and it seems he's a riskier prospect than either of the other 2 (i.e. most likely to completely fail, due to some wild inaccuracy).

That said, I've admitted several times I've never seen a full game of his (let alone most/all of them), nor from Lynch either. So I'm not all over Lynch's dick (and think his height is overstated because it looks to me like he throws sidearm, or it only looks overhand when he dips/lowers his whole torso to his left).

Not arguing at all.  Just adding some perspective in terms of why they may have looked at both guys and selected Hackenburg.  Perhaps I should not made this comment a reply to your particular post. 

43 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Not arguing at all.  Just adding some perspective in terms of why they may have looked at both guys and selected Hackenburg.  Perhaps I should not made this comment a reply to your particular post. 

There are big t*ts in your avatar. 

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 11:51 AM, kmnj said:

it is posted often on here about jets doom and gloom fans. There is a reason for that besides the obvious being we have not won in pretty much forever. Many times for whatever the reason Jets have people in place that have made some mind numbing dumb choices when even the casual fan sees it is wrong.

The ones that stick in my craw the worst are passing over marino and sapp for kenny and brady(kyle brady that is) but our history is full of bad draft picks and bad choices by bad coaches and gms. 

We have heard "we have a plan have to stick with it" our gm knows best "(over and over again even though these guys have no history of winning), "this guys a player", "the guy we wanted"," best player available"gives us the best chance to win so much the mere sound of those phrases makes me tremble with fear and sick with nausea.

This brings me to this draft-the majority of fans that watch college football know what their eyes allow them to see. I watched almost every psu game as family goes there. I have been to many of the games and we drafted a guy that I believe will be beyond awful. I dont know what the coaches/scouts see. It is like they are telling me fire is cold but in all of my being I know it is hot. I wanted Lynch but even though  they passed on him , I understood because they did not want a "project". Then this pick comes through and it has left me sick and questioning my fandom once again.

I am in my early 40s and have been going to almost every game since I walking and in that time I have seen more then my share of heartbreak. I own numerous psls includuing some of the best in the house.  A man can only take so much especially watching the giants win rings and every few years building a championship type team.

I hope my fears are wrong but my gut and eyes tell me the future is muddled with 4-8 win seasons.

I wanted no part of Fitz coming back and hated how he choked away the playoffs last year and now after seeing our newly drafted qb I would welcome fitz back with open arms and carry his luggage back to his locker.

DARRON LEE is exactly that guy. This is a blown pick as far as I am concerned. This guy will not help the Jets. Please, can someone PLEASE tell me how this guy is going to shed blocks from 6'5" 300 + pound men????? The simple fact is he won't. He lacks the size to do that. Bowles claims he'll be starting him as an ILB. He'll get eaten alive even worse on the inside. This guy is just another example of a very good prototypical 4-3 LB trying to play in a 3-4 and falling flat on his face. I will believe this small fry can help the Jets ONLY when I see it. For crying out loud, I probably look bigger than him. This pick set the Jets back for at least a few seasons.

On top of that, Mac did NOTHING to improve the offense. There are NO offensive starters out of this bunch. The only thing they did this offseason was to put Band Aids over player losses. They will not win anything more than 6 games this season. Mac screwed the pooch on this draft. Suffice it to say, there will be sharp criticism for Mac after this season. The Jets went backward, they did not makes themselves a better team. At best, they are treading water and that does not make us SB winners. Which by the way, is the whole point behind this thing. We don't root for this team just to have a guy that wants to go 10-6 every season. We WANT a guy that can combat/fill every hole created each and every year while SIMULTANEOUSLY making the team better. That did not happen this offseason.

On 4/30/2016 at 11:51 AM, kmnj said:

I wanted no part of Fitz coming back and hated how he choked away the playoffs last year and now after seeing our newly drafted qb I would welcome fitz back with open arms and carry his luggage back to his locker.

So you're covered no matter what happens.  

2 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

DARRON LEE is exactly that guy. This is a blown pick as far as I am concerned. This guy will not help the Jets. Please, can someone PLEASE tell me how this guy is going to shed blocks from 6'5" 300 + pound men????? The simple fact is he won't. He lacks the size to do that. Bowles claims he'll be starting him as an ILB. He'll get eaten alive even worse on the inside.

same way Ryan Shazier does (6'1", 237 lbs when drafted).  

same way Bobby Wagner does (6'0", 233 lbs when drafted).

same way Lavonte David does (6'1", 233 lbs when drafted).

I could throw Willis and Bowman into the mix as they were the same height and an inch shorter than Lee, but both were 242, a weight that Lee could easily attain without much effort.

11 hours ago, Pcola said:

I don't think Macc is gonna get the opportunity to use a first rounder on a QB now. He had his shot and passed.  It's not like we "fans" we're the only ones with the belief that Lynch would eventually be a very good QB.  It was Dal, KC, AZ, and the team that traded up and got him, Den.

Macc has had his ass handed to him this offseason.  He misplayed the Wilkerson situation, quite poorly I might add.  Because of this, we lost Ivory, Harrison, and Davis.  And because he decided to sign a bunch of aging/declining vets in Forte, McLendon, Jenkins,, we won't even recoup a single comp pick from it.

he has misplayed the Fitzpatrick situation just as poorly as Wilkerson.  I know there is not a lot of love for Fitz around here but he had a better year than Bradford, Osweiler, are about the same as cousins.  All three are getting paid north of $18M this offseason.  Like or not, this is the going rate.  

That said, even if Macc wanted to sign Fitz to a appropriate contract, he has mishandled our cap in his short stint, so it's not possible.

now back to the QB position.  I think we can all agree Hack is not going to play in 2016.  So regardless of what happens at the position this year, Macc can't use a #1 pick on a QB, next year because he already invested a 2 on Hack.  Only two ways this would be acceptable.  One, the team ends up with the number one pick over all or Hack has to play this year and is as bad as he was in college.

franchise QBs are a rarity.  You don't get the opportunity to draft one let alone two with the "luxury" so losing a ton of games and not getting fired because of it in the process.  

My only guess is that Wilkerson is still getting traded and they are going to use the cap space to sign Fitz long term.  I am not saying this is the right thing to do, but because he currently has Geno and two very raw, long shots at the only position on the field that really matters.  I just hope Bowles can shut a lot of teams out.  If not, it's going to be a very long year.

Ugh, you pretty much missed the point of every personnel move Macc went with this offseason.  Ivory was done here, knew he was gone and talked about it before the season ended. Had nothing to do with Mo.  Harrison isn't worth 9 mil per and you're b1tching that we dumped the jag Davis?  

Had to stop here, go blame Woody or some imaginary person for the moves the Jets made 

Just because other QBs are overpaid doesn't mean the Jets have to join the stupidity.

As for Darron Lee, he is going to play in subpackages. And as Mike Mayock said in the draft, teams play in their subpackages 60-70% of the time. So he will get a lot of playing time. In terms of shedding blocks, I'm not concerned. He had to deal with B10 OL, who are bulkier by nature, and he did pretty well.

The only real risky pick is the QB, and we will see how that works out. He addressed every single position of immediate need in FA and the draft. (TE doesn't count because we have Amaro coming back and Sexton waiting in the wings.)

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

same way Ryan Shazier does (6'1", 237 lbs when drafted).  

same way Bobby Wagner does (6'0", 233 lbs when drafted).

same way Lavonte David does (6'1", 233 lbs when drafted).

I could throw Willis and Bowman into the mix as they were the same height and an inch shorter than Lee, but both were 242, a weight that Lee could easily attain without much effort.

Ryan Shazier is I inch taller and 5 pounds heavier than Lee to begin with. Shazier was drafted in 2014 and had a very mediocre rookie season. last season he only played 12 games and wasn't much of a contributor. He's not a difference maker.

Bobby Wagner is 245 pounds and plays a base 4-3.

Lavonte David is a prototypical sized 4-3 LB (just like Lee) that plays in a 4-3 base defense.

The Jets play a 3-4 formation that Todd Bowles REFUSED to switch up to a 4-3 even though he probably had better personnel for a 4-3 last season than he did a 3-4. Therefore, Lee will be playing a 3-4 base defense something he is NOT built for. This is a bad pick, pure and simple. He will get consumed by blockers far larger than him.

1 minute ago, Mainejet said:

Ryan Shazier is I inch taller and 5 pounds heavier than Lee to begin with. Shazier was drafted in 2014 and had a very mediocre rookie season. last season he only played 12 games and wasn't much of a contributor. He's not a difference maker.

Bobby Wagner is 245 pounds and plays a base 4-3.

Lavonte David is a prototypical sized 4-3 LB (just like Lee) that plays in a 4-3 base defense.

The Jets play a 3-4 formation that Todd Bowles REFUSED to switch up to a 4-3 even though he probably had better personnel for a 4-3 last season than he did a 3-4. Therefore, Lee will be playing a 3-4 base defense something he is NOT built for. This is a bad pick, pure and simple. He will get consumed by blockers far larger than him.

Shaz is listed at the exact same height as Lee and  played very well after the injury.  You don't know what you are talking about with him, obviously. Bowles plays a variety of formations.  It is not a strict 3-4 as you imply. So you're wrong there.  Wagner is a MLB in the 4-3 and is still considered "undersized" for that position as you consider Lee is the same.  Yet he is a stud.  Tampa also mixes schemes and is not always in the base 4-3.  

You are missing the point entirely, which shouldn't surprise anyone.  There are many talented LBs in 3-4, 4-3 both inside and out that play exceptionally well.  Yet you harp on about his size as though that is the determining factor or even the most important.  The reference to the others in my post shows that your approach is closed minded, rigid and just freaking stupid as sh!t.    You sound like TX.  

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Shaz is listed at the exact same height as Lee and  played very well after the injury.  You don't know what you are talking about with him, obviously. Bowles plays a variety of formations.  It is not a strict 3-4 as you imply. So you're wrong there.  Wagner is a MLB in the 4-3 and is still considered "undersized" for that position as you consider Lee is the same.  Yet he is a stud.  Tampa also mixes schemes and is not always in the base 4-3.  

You are missing the point entirely, which shouldn't surprise anyone.  There are many talented LBs in 3-4, 4-3 both inside and out that play exceptionally well.  Yet you harp on about his size as though that is the determining factor or even the most important.  The reference to the others in my post shows that your approach is closed minded, rigid and just freaking stupid as sh!t.    You sound like TX.  

GFY if you don't like it a$$hole. If Bowles were playing a base 4-3, then this pick would make sense. He's an excellent athlete in a 4-3. In a 3-4, he'll get consumed by blockers. He may turn to be a decent pass rusher for us ONLY in the off chance that he never gets blocked. He is Jonathan Vilma. A guy that was a true difference maker in a 4-3 and completely useless in a 3-4.

13 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

GFY if you don't like it a$$hole. If Bowles were playing a base 4-3, then this pick would make sense. He's an excellent athlete in a 4-3. In a 3-4, he'll get consumed by blockers. He may turn to be a decent pass rusher for us ONLY in the off chance that he never gets blocked. He is Jonathan Vilma. A guy that was a true difference maker in a 4-3 and completely useless in a 3-4.

not sure which is a worse insult.  Me saying you post like TX or you calling me an a-hole.  I vote that mine was a far worse insult and far more accurate than yours.  You are the TX of Jets fans in your inaccuracy.  And, you are clueless if you think Lee has no fit in Bowles defense.  Why not go back to JI, where you really belong, after all?

On 5/1/2016 at 9:47 PM, Rangers9 said:

But not Jets fans. God forbid if we ran this team! When you see the insanity that we witness here every day. Thank god the people who run this team aren't Jets fans.

Lol the people who run this team fire a coach or GM every couple of years, sometimes based on billboards!  Pete Carroll lasted one season.  It is insanity the way the organization is run. 

1 minute ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Lol the people who run this team fire a coach or GM every couple of years, sometimes based on billboards!  Pete Carroll lasted one season.  It is insanity the way the organization is run. 

That's the ownership you're talking about. But a good point. But you'd have to admit. This Jets fan base is off the wall! I'm sure many of our fans in real life aren't unreasonable people. But when it comes to this team they go bonkers?.

9 hours ago, slats said:

I tend to agree, especially if Lee turns out to be a player. That'll give him a lot of cover. 

If neither Hack nor Petty see the field this year, and the team feels that neither one is ready for prime time by the end of the season, I really don't think anyone will blink if the Jets take a QB in the first round in 2017. I hope it doesn't come to that, but it won't be a catastrophe. Had they gone with Lynch in the first, I don't think Mac has the same wiggle room. 

Mmmmm I love the taste of sound logic.  Good looks Slats.

Archived