2016 DRAFT: Day 3 Thread

Fibonacci

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Larz said:

special teams and depth are needs.  you aren't getting starters after rd 4, (spare me the jason ferguson legend).   I wasn't referring to starters.  teams are looking at developmental prospects and special teams here, as they should be.

btw, using  italics for emphasis is really lame, lol

Italics is decidedly good for emphasis.

Beyond that, we'd have to be so incredibly overloaded at a position for any prospect to fit neither at a starting position of need nor for depth. Like drafting a CB when we already have 10+ of them under contract, or something like that.

1 minute ago, derp said:

Pretty sure I'm not wrong. You don't just get comp picks for losing guys.

Those three qualifying UFA's the Jets lost are cancelled out by the signings of Forte, McLendon, and Jenkins. Believe there's a chance they get a late compensatory pick based on the salary difference, and they would get a compensatory pick if they lose another qualifying UFA. But as things stand right now they are projected to get 0 compensatory picks next year. Certainly not three.

McClendon and Jenkins are not on the same tier of free agents as Snacks and Ivory

8 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I'm gonna throw out Auburn WR Duke Williams for a 7th round pick.  Physically gifted WR who got kicked off the team for being an immature knucklehead .  High reward / low risk in the 7th round 

We gotta go Cody Core, deep threat and can run routes good, but he was second man to treadwell, so he couldn't display his game too much, but when he stretched the field it opened up the field for treadwell

1 minute ago, Colgateman said:

We gotta go Cody Core, deep threat and can run routes good, but he was second man to treadwell, so he couldn't display his game too much, but when he stretched the field it opened up the field for treadwell

Be very happy with him

People don't understand thats the value of picks. Want a 4th round pick by trading next year picks? It'll cost a 3rd. Want a 3rd?itll cost next year's 2nd..that  how it goes.  Why would the receiving team trade for a pick a year away when it's the same round? Makes no sense.  Use ur noggin peoole

9 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

There goes the punter

I just read something that the Syracuse punter who doesn't have a big leg but has a good percentage inside the 20 (kind of like Quigley) worked out with the Jets ST coach and is hoping he won't be drafted. He thinks he might end making more money and having a better chance to make the team if he's a UFA. So maybe the plan is not to draft one and to try and sign him. We'll see.

I'm not a dumb guy but half the time I have no idea what the hell these tweets are talking about.

It was just him in 2012 talking sh*t about Tony Romo. Now he plays in Dallas. Also the One kid was hating on Philly and now he plays there

17 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

McClendon and Jenkins are not on the same tier of free agents as Snacks and Ivory

Click the link I posted in the response to you. It's about being over a certain salary level - a million are so. Those guys are so they reportedly will cancel them out. We can always revisit this when it happens. I'll gladly eat crow and be happy to have the picks.

But my understanding is that the 3 signed qualifying UFA's cancel with the 3 lost qualifying UFA's despite the difference in salary. Which, again, is why I wasn't happy with how the offseason went. Because if that understanding is correct not only did Forte, McLendon, and Jenkins cost the Jets cap space, they also cost them a future 4, 5, and 6. 

Also even if not, Forte would more than cancel out Davis which would mean 2 picks. But my understanding is, as things currently stand, it's 0.

2 minutes ago, derp said:

Click the link I posted in the response to you. It's about being over a certain salary level - a million are so. Those guys are so they reportedly will cancel them out. We can always revisit this when it happens. I'll gladly eat crow and be happy to have the picks.

But my understanding is that the 3 signed qualifying UFA's cancel with the 3 lost qualifying UFA's despite the difference in salary. Which, again, is why I wasn't happy with how the offseason went. Because if that understanding is correct not only did Forte, McLendon, and Jenkins cost the Jets cap space, they also cost them a future 4, 5, and 6. 

Also even if not, Forte would more than cancel out Davis which would mean 2 picks. But my understanding is, as things currently stand, it's 0.

I just posted from the wiki page on comp picks. Even if they gain and lose the same amount of players, they can get comp picks in the seventh round, which you. Can use to trade up

49 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Trading a 4th for a 5th for a bottom tier OLineman?

I'm starting to feel sorry for Jets fans.

Wow.

I usually don't feed into this because I know how you roll lol, but the Patriots have zero ground to stand on after the draft they have had so far.  Of course not having having a first doesn't help but man...it's not a pretty class.

I know, rings blah blah blah. I just need to bust someone's balls because our own fans are really pissing me off this week. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

Trading a 4th for a 5th for a bottom tier OLineman?

I'm starting to feel sorry for Jets fans.

Wow.

Tx - we give you a ton of rope here. But don't troll Jets fans in a draft thread on draft day. That is bullsh*t.

I like having you post here but you can't piss all over the welcome mat we set out for you. Cmon man. @PatsFanTX

Archived