2016 DRAFT: Day 3 Thread

Fibonacci

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

What is the purpose of the the draft?

To see how many All-Pro and Pro-Bowl players you can land or improve you overall roster to win in the NFL?

The Pats have totally dominated in the NFL for the last 15 years. What do the Jets have to show for their piss poor drafts over the last decade?

That would be 0 AFCE titles, 0 AFC Championships and 0 Super Bowl appearances.

This year's blunders will not help them at all in achieving any of the above.

Hey, im not one for the moral victories, but the Jets drafting, particularly in the first round, has blown NE (and many others) out of the water.  Problem is you guys have the one thing we lack.  Without a franchise quarterback we will go nowhere.  When you have arguably the greatest QB of all time I get why it seems ok to have a sh*tty draft and not worry.  Objectively speaking though, if you guys didn't have Brady, I'd be crying over the draft you've had so far. 

All that said, I know better with ya.  I love this class so far, as do many people who have graded it up to this point.  Gr8 b8 m8, but you won't rile me up lol.  You're still good people though.

Hey, im not one for the moral victories, but the Jets drafting, particularly in the first round, has blown NE (and many others) out of the water.  Problem is you guys have the one thing we lack.  Without a franchise quarterback we will go nowhere.  When you have arguably the greatest QB of all time I get why it seems ok to have a sh*tty draft and not worry.  Objectively speaking though, if you guys didn't have Brady, I'd be crying over the draft you've had so far. 

All that said, I know better with ya.  I love this class so far, as do many people who have graded it up to this point.  Gr8 b8 m8, but you won't rile me up lol.  You're still good people though.

Damn Mogglez, I deleted that post after Max's request.

And you are right, I'm not happy with the Pats draft.

They should have went OLineman at #60 AND OLineman at #61 instead of trading down. They could have gotten 2 impact players right there.

Now we have another Ellis Hobbs shrimp-like CB.

2 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

You do realize what the Jets lost and what they signed, they are currently looking at 0 comp picks next year?

No I already looked it up. The salary differential will get them 1 or 2 comp picks. You can gain and lose the same amount of players and still get company picks.

Plus Wilkerson will probably be gone

Brisette is pretty good

You know why the Pats did that, right?

I don't think the Pats are 100% sold on Jimmy G as Brady's replacement.

If he goes 3-1 in the first 4 games and looks good, Pats can easily trade him away next year before he hits FA.

Brisset just allows the Pats to totally evaluate both QB's and make a decision.

This is yet another chess move instead of a triple jump playing checkers.

Just now, Powpow said:

they must really like this guy. He's an athlete but there were 2 other punters who graded higher.  He must have impressed them to spend the pick rather than see if he could have been had as a free agent. 

Averaged 54 yards a punt at Sam Houston State.

Also are we really going punter grades now?

Archived