Undrafted Free Agent Thread

Sarge4Tide

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

This one is interesting there were rumors we had interest in this kid. Competition at punter is probably a good thing for us though

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

you have to have 2 legs for camp

12 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Duke K Ross Martin signs with the Jets.

PLAYER OVERVIEW

A four-year starter, Martin earned the starting job as a true freshman and didn't miss a game since he became a Blue Devil. He leaves Duke with a number of records, including points in a single season (120), which he set as a senior. Martin holds four of the top-five spots in Duke history for most points in a season.

A model of consistency, Martin lacks the desired power traits for the next level, but his technique, accuracy and self-confidence are all NFL quality. Questions about whether or not he can handle kickoff duties in the NFL could hurt his chances of being drafted.

STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES

STRENGTHS: Fundamentally sound process and timing. Smooth athleticism and doesn't play with any rigid movements. Stays cool under pressure, displaying a locked-in and professional demeanor. Career-long is only 53 yards, but he is accurate from deep, making 8-of-10 tries in his career on field goal attempts over 50 yards. Missed only one extra point in his career (196-of-197). Productive career, finishing second in ACC history in points (430) and third in ACC history in field goals made (78). Physically and mentally tough, finishing his career with 13 tackles.

WEAKNESSES: Relies more on precision than power and lacks the leg strength to drive consistently from deep distance. Lost his duties on kickoffs as a junior and only 29-percent of his kickoffs in 2015 results in touchbacks. Three of his four field goal misses as a senior came on the road.

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

WoW! Didn't know that.... why wasn't he drafted??? And why did we take the other guy with our 7th?

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

He's one of those college punters who runs with it and then punts

1 hour ago, Jet in PA said:

Check that: Terron Beckham will be in the Jets rookie minicamp, per source.

Beckham's cousin

29191012f73d20053510555ef3f116db.jpg

So he has the same stupid haircut as Odell?

2 hours ago, Jet in PA said:

Check that: Terron Beckham will be in the Jets rookie minicamp, per source.

Beckham's cousin

29191012f73d20053510555ef3f116db.jpg

It's important to me that our RB has the biggest arms in the NFL and we haven't had that since Thomas Jones. This signing to me was a must have. I'm just hoping he got the memo on drug tests, cause some of his GNC stuff could be a potential red flag.

4 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I think Hackett is the best punter in this draft. Hope it's true.

He was ranked the #1 punter pre draft and was projected to go in rounds 4-5. He is listed at 5'10" and 198. Only 3 punters were drafted the smallest being 6'2" 212. ( Drew Kaser) . Maybe his size made him undrafted?

Robby Anderson, WR, Temple
Tarow Barney, DT, Penn State
Quenton Bundrage, WR, Iowa State
Kyle Friend, OL, Temple
Tom Hackett, P, Utah
Dave Hedelin, OT, Purdue
Jalin Marshall, WR, Ohio State
Ross Martin, K, Duke
Doug Middleton, DB, Appalachian State
Romar Morris, RB, UNC
Claude Pelon, DT, USC
Daniel Sobolewski, K, Albright