Ross Martin, K, Duke
Doug Middleton, DB, Appalachian State
Romar Morris, RB, UNC
Claude Pelon, DT, USC
Daniel Sobolewski, K, Albright
Lawrence Thomas, DE, Michigan State
Jason Vander Laan, QB, Ferris State

I'm surprised only 2 o-linemen.

Is this a list of our UDFA? I don't get a few if it is. More from their prospective than ours

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Is this a list of our UDFA? I don't get a few if it is. More from their prospective then ours

yes. this is it as of 11pm tonight

also Dahon Taylor, OT, Virginia Union

32 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

He was ranked the #1 punter pre draft and was projected to go in rounds 4-5. He is listed at 5'10" and 198. Only 3 punters were drafted the smallest being 6'2" 212. ( Drew Kaser) . Maybe his size made him undrafted?

I believe he is a roll out style punter. Not sure it can work in the NFL. This may account for his not being drafted and the unknown of his ability to punting with a 3 step approach 

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Not sure if that can work with the speed of the NFL, but that is pretty amazing. We could have the most epic punter battle in camp ever.

I don't know either, but I really like it. 

The DB from App. St., the punter, possibly the OSU WR, and possibly the MSU DE might be interesting. Anyone else think the *Temple* OL is a clue into the Wilkerson situation? What OL could the Jets get for Wilkerson? Obviously this guy has to be a *friend,* but friend to whom? Or is it a sign that extension talks have gotten more *friendly* between the Jets and the *Temple* drafted star? Intriguing to say the least...

Found the following blurb in the article below:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000659077/article/jets-invite-odell-beckhams-cousin-to-rookie-camp-tryout

Beckham's path to the NFL has been a highly unusual one. The 5-11, 230-pound running back hasn't played football since high school, after which he became a personal trainer and a fitness model. At age 23, he's now trying to renew his football career on the strength of some spectacular workout numbers, including a reported 45-inch vertical jump and 4.5 speed.

So he's definitely a long shot since he hasn't played since HS.

3 hours ago, CPH said:

This Hackett dude is awesome B)

What the hell is THIS -- this is a real compilation & isn't some computer simulation a Hollywood non-football fan conjured up for an unrealistic movie? And we drafted a different punter instead of this machine? "Tom Hackett, who can just place it on a postage stamp..." lol.  

I don't care if it ends up being a failed experiment, and Maccagnan has to swallow his pride by cutting a punter he just used a draft pick to get. Unless this video is just skipping over 15 shanks or something, I want to see THIS for at least one season. We're not winning this year anyway. Holy crap.

4 hours ago, CPH said:

This Hackett dude is awesome B)

Wow! Talk about Flipping field position. With our Defense, making a team go 70+ yds every drive can only help our offense!

Seems to be a bit of a flake.... but what Aussy isn't.

Will be curious to see the terms of his FA offer. I'm sure a LOT of teams were interested(Rex )

1 hour ago, KSJets said:

Found the following blurb in the article below:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000659077/article/jets-invite-odell-beckhams-cousin-to-rookie-camp-tryout

Beckham's path to the NFL has been a highly unusual one. The 5-11, 230-pound running back hasn't played football since high school, after which he became a personal trainer and a fitness model. At age 23, he's now trying to renew his football career on the strength of some spectacular workout numbers, including a reported 45-inch vertical jump and 4.5 speed.

So he's definitely a long shot since he hasn't played since HS.

ST gunner and the guy who will consistently down Hackett's punts within the 5 yard line.

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

The DB from App. St., the punter, possibly the OSU WR, and possibly the MSU DE might be interesting. Anyone else think the *Temple* OL is a clue into the Wilkerson situation? What OL could the Jets get for Wilkerson? Obviously this guy has to be a *friend,* but friend to whom? Or is it a sign that extension talks have gotten more *friendly* between the Jets and the *Temple* drafted star? Intriguing to say the least...

Just as MacDaddy reached for a QB, SenorGato reaches for Insight! LOL!

2 hours ago, jetsfan719 said:

45dcfe21b767c6992d1ca82f746e6a96.jpg

Lmao cmon now. Be great if he is a legit rb and can powerhouse through

Defenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like he stuffed a sock in his crotch! LOL!

As Keyshawn would say.... C'Mon Man?!!:wtf:

V29BNGn.gif?noredirect

ST will be much improved this season. It will be good to snag a few games this way. We certainly lost a few last season due to the ST. Poor tackling. Poor kicking and poor punting. I never really watched a highlight video of a punter before. That was great.

59 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What the hell is THIS -- this is a real compilation & isn't some computer simulation a Hollywood non-football fan conjured up for an unrealistic movie? And we drafted a different punter instead of this machine? "Tom Hackett, who can just place it on a postage stamp..." lol.  

I don't care if it ends up being a failed experiment, and Maccagnan has to swallow his pride by cutting a punter he just used a draft pick to get. Unless this video is just skipping over 15 shanks or something, I want to see THIS for at least one season. We're not winning this year anyway. Holy crap.

Lol. Also, "8-ball... Corner pocket!"

What I really, really like about it is, if you look at the 7.44 mark in the video. You see the coverage team starting at the 45 yard line and before his foot even touches the ball, they are 15 yards downfield. Meanwhile the return team is still facing the punter out of fear he might run it.

10 minutes ago, CPH said:

What I really, really like about it is, if you look at the 7.44 mark in the video. You see the coverage team starting at the 45 yard line and before his foot even touches the ball, they are 15 yards downfield. Meanwhile the return team is still facing the punter out of fear he might run it.

Was thinking the same thing. The "roll out" punt certainly will cause the receiving team to hold their blocks longer at the LOS 

Also impressed how he can still punt with his right leg while running left when the rush came up the middle.

6 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Was thinking the same thing. The "roll out" punt certainly will cause the receiving team to hold their blocks longer at the LOS 

Also impressed how he can still punt with his right leg while running left when the rush came up the middle.

I guess NFL teams could game plan it a little better, but that roll buys another 2, almost 3 seconds (when the type of rush allows it, he didn't do it every time which is a good sign).

I really hope he makes the team, this would be really fun stuff to watch. 

34 minutes ago, CPH said:

Well he's buying them extra time by running 5 yards (laterally) with it himself, so yeah. 

It was a fun compilation to watch. I actually watched it a 2nd time. Really amazing. I don't think he'll make the team. Bowles barely lets rookies see the field as it is, you think he's going to take a chance as unorthodox as this? Would love to see it, though. Unless rolling to his right, kicking down the right sideline, he gets a good share of punts that go OOB after only 20 yards. That would suck. 

44 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Well he's buying them extra time by running 5 yards (laterally) with it himself, so yeah. 

It was a fun compilation to watch. I actually watched it a 2nd time. Really amazing. I don't think he'll make the team. Bowles barely lets rookies see the field as it is, you think he's going to take a chance as unorthodox as this? Would love to see it, though. Unless rolling to his right, kicking down the right sideline, he gets a good share of punts that go OOB after only 20 yards. That would suck. 

Can't have happened often with a 47.95-yard gross average and winning the Ray Guy Award 2 years in a row.

He can punt traditionally as well, so why not take a chance? It's not like it can get much worse than what we had.

I don't think this beauty was in the highlights: http://uk.businessinsider.com/aussie-punter-tom-hackett-had-perfect-punt-2015-12?r=US&IR=T

Who knew punting could be fun and still very effective?

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Rex signs Gronk's brother as undrafted free agent, guess they were Bills fans growing up?

Oh yeah. They grew up out here ( Williamsville) . They even interviewed him last nite on the news.

15 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

WoW! Didn't know that.... why wasn't he drafted??? And why did we take the other guy with our 7th?

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

The 7th rd guy has a talent of getting his punts inside the 20 plus he never had a punt blocked.. Hackett is a good one too either has to be better the Quigley who signed with the Eagles..

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No

7 hours ago, jetsfan719 said:

45dcfe21b767c6992d1ca82f746e6a96.jpg

Lmao cmon now. Be great if he is a legit rb and can powerhouse through

Defenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This-thread-is-inconceivably-gay.jpg

Archived