PCP63

Hackenberg Is Our Franchise QB

On 5/29/2018 at 12:24 PM, Philc1 said:

And when Jon Gruden cuts this clown you will still be crying he never got a fair chance

You called it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I guess all that off season work he did.....didn’t work!

• Haha 2

It was so obvious at the time that I almost feel bad for saying I told you so. I mean not really but still.

• Upvote 1

Why is this still around is the better question?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

I guess all that off season work he did.....didn’t work!

If anything it expedited his departure from the league. One month after it was reported he altered his throwing motion, two teams gave up on him. So much for all that talk on his way out. 

He must have gone from hitting reporters on the sideline to hitting coaches in the back of the head. 

• Haha 1

On 5/25/2018 at 9:38 AM, PCP63 said:

I stand by my position. If Carr gets hurt, Raiders will be fine.

As soon as you come back to reality from whatever PCP trip you've been on in some insane, hallucinatory world where Hack is a quarterback...

we can probably put this thread to rest permanently.  

Ready to wake up yet?

• Upvote 2

I do think he would have been better than Bryce Petty. Petty had the worst pocket presence I ever saw. Hack never had a chance to show much. Hack's biggest problem was his attitude, uppity spoiled brat, know it all, that rubbed coaches wrong.

• Thumb Down 3

27 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I do find it hilarious that the guy who started a thread about not anointing Darnold as a franchise QB started this thread.  Omfg, too hilarious.  This literally sums up 75% of the posters here. 

Well, I think he had the tools. I was wrong. Still wish we could've seen him reunited with O'Brien.

Just now, PCP63 said:

Well, I think he had the tools. I was wrong. Still wish we could've seen him reunited with O'Brien.

O'Brien doesn't.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

If by tools you mean he had arms, hands and fingers then I agree with you. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

I do think he would have been better than Bryce Petty. Petty had the worst pocket presence I ever saw. Hack never had a chance to show much. Hack's biggest problem was his attitude, uppity spoiled brat, know it all, that rubbed coaches wrong.

Which coach has ever said this, seriously.  I wouldnt doubt it but have never read this

36 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

He was with the Jets, Raiders, Eagles and Bengals. 

Failed with 4 NFL teams

Worse he was benched by Memphis in the AFF, where he had a 51.6 comp%, 4.5 per att, 0 TDs, 3 INTs and a QB rating of 43.6.  Thats hideous.  

I could see failing in the NFL, happens all the time but Hacks NFL career is head scratching bad

• Post of the Week 1

56 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

There's not a single person on the planet Earth who agrees O'Brien could have salvaged his career -- except for maybe one.

yhshca4ac63vjfvmewz2.thumb.jpg.12e4b5979be2f3c1ae30b0e062981e6f.jpg

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He was with the Jets, Raiders, Eagles and Bengals. 

Failed with 4 NFL teams

Worse he was benched by Memphis in the AFF, where he had a 51.6 comp%, 4.5 per att, 0 TDs, 3 INTs and a QB rating of 43.6.  Thats hideous.  

I could see failing in the NFL, happens all the time but Hacks NFL career is head scratching bad

Didn't mean to revitalize his career. I meant from the start. Perhaps, if he was behind a competent OL, and had a few weapons, he could have rediscovered what everyone saw his freshman season. Not that it matters, though. He started here and failed.

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

Are you kidding me?  The dude went and played in the AAF.  He still couldn't hit the ocean.  

Final stat-line:  51.6 % completions, 0 TD's (1 rushing), 3 INTs, 2 fumbles.

Dude sucks, always sucked, and always was going to suck.  If you can't complete 60 % of your throws against Indiana or AAF corners, you were never going to be a pro QB at any level.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I stand by that he was worth a swing without hindsight.

Many here with foresight knew it was a failure of a pick the moment it happened.  If you can't complete throws at a decent % in college, against the likes of Indiana, you're not going to suddenly do it against the pros.

Geno Smith was worth a swing.  Christian Hackenberg was not.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Didn't mean to revitalize his career. I meant from the start. Perhaps, if he was behind a competent OL, and had a few weapons, he could have rediscovered what everyone saw his freshman season. Not that it matters, though. He started here and failed.

He never got out of training camp and into a game for 3 years.  Couldn't make it through camp with the Raiders or The Eagles either.  

All QBs in camp have the same weapons, OL and tools at their disposal yet he couldn't stick anywhere.  Its not he OL or WRs fault.

Unfortunately he just sucked.  Happens and doenst have to be anyone but the players fault 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

This is some quality necro-threading.

It really is...

I love how much JN loves the Necro.

Necromancy such a fine art.

army of darkness skeleton war GIF

• Upvote 1

If they kept running the offense they ran on his first preseason drive then Hack would be halfway to the hall of fame by now.

The worst draft pick in the history of the NFL.

Never seen a player taken so high that stood less of a chance of success. Or anything even close. He wasn’t good enough for the Arena League, Canada League, Justice League, any f*cking league. 2nd round pick. I nearly cried.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Which coach has ever said this, seriously.  I wouldnt doubt it but have never read this

Just my own assumptions. The Jets were as sh*tty as ever with Petty at the helm. Hack probably wouldn't have been any worse. Petty never won a game outside of preseason.

On 5/1/2016 at 8:03 PM, PCP63 said:

Every QB makes mistakes sometimes.

You got me there.

33 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I stand by that he was worth a swing without hindsight.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

In the 6th round, sure.

Just think, if we had taken Kevin Byard there, we wouldn't have needed to draft a safety at 6 the following year, opening us up to take Patrick Mahommes, and save a 1st, and 3 2nds.

So, basically, Hackenberg is the reason we suck.

• Upvote 1

Mac also took Hackenberg over Yannick Ngakoue and Dak Prescott.

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

In the 6th round, sure.

Just think, if we had taken Kevin Byard there, we wouldn't have needed to draft a safety at 6 the following year, opening us up to take Patrick Mahommes, and save a 1st, and 3 2nds.

So, basically, Hackenberg is the reason we suck.

MaccanBerg is the reason we suck. 

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Mac also took Hackenberg over Yannick Ngakoue and Dak Prescott.

That way of thinking is flawed. You could use that same logic to say, "oh, the dumbass Pats passed on Brady five times!"

Hindsight is 20/20.