Voodoo Island Mafia - Game On

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hallia?

Considered trying to clear up the Leelou mess but she hasn't given me one iota of a scum vibe.  And I really wanted to take my best shot at going 3/3, lol.

Yeah, she's in the conversation for sure, especially on what I'd consider a last minute buss attempt on SMC.

I'm fairly confident Leelou is town in the 1 shot vig fashion.  We havent seen any extra shots or deaths or anything.  Though, I dont really understand who I didnt die but I guess that's something we'll eventually find out but at this point, I've got her firmly planted as town.

JVOR is probably my #1 but I cant get what looked like a last minute bus attempt by Hali out of my head.  And I think she came out voting Lily today because she figured so would everyone else. 

In the spirit of competing trains:

Vote Hali

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

Meh, how many votes did Wbat have? That could go either way...but I understand your logic and trying to shrink the pool of townies. 

That was the 4th vote on Wombat at the time.  SMC may have been trying to help steer momentum in that direction.  Not ruling him out as scum, but he isn't a top contender for me today.

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

You have Hali on Wbat and SMC here.  Is this where she tried to swoop in last minute and hammer SMC before Pac did? 

I believe you are correct.  Something was funky about that vote count from DPR, either he missed someone who was on SMC's train or he failed to delete her from the Wombat train.

47 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just did a re-read to see what I could find.  JVOR looks a lot worse to me than Lily now.  Especially with this post on D1:

^^^ This vote occurred as Ballin's train picked up.  Reads to me like JVOR knows Ballin is scum, not a genuine read.  Then he lays his vote on low-hanging fruit.

^^^ This post is on D2, as SMC was being run up.  Worth noting.

^^^ 6th vote on SMC's train.  I think this is a bus vote.

^^^ SMC switched from Lily to Wombat here purely for self-preservation.  I want to believe that Wombat is town to limit our lynch pool today, so for now, this is the evidence I needed to make that possible.  I didn't list Wombat as a player I'm willing to lynch today and still will not.

if wwombat is town and jvor is scum, why would jvor not drop the vote on wwombat there? in your opinion

to me the scummiest move is the SMC's vote on lily.. it looks like a very transparent distancing attempt..  it's possible however that this is what he wanted us to think but we've got a lead and I'm inclined to go after what is most likely. SMC afterall is the one that pounded the idea of "they can't be that obvious" out of my head last year

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

if wwombat is town and jvor is scum, why would jvor not drop the vote on wwombat there? in your opinion

My thinking was JVOR might have seen the writing on the wall at that point.  He also dropped the L-1 vote on Smash so coupled together it seemed like both were potential bus moves to me.  But I could be wrong.

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh, and when JVOR did vote Lily in the post I quoted....forgot to mention Hess pointed out how disgusting it was at the time.  Gotta give proper credit there to Hand Solo*

Hess = chronic masturbator

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My thinking was JVOR might have seen the writing on the wall at that point.  He also dropped the L-1 vote on Smash so coupled together it seemed like both were potential bus moves to me.  But I could be wrong.

what was the count.. if i remember it was close

Neither JVOR or Verbal are scum hunting. I would kill either. Verbal's biggest contribution was to troll me as soon as I started focusing on SMC on D1. JVOR is much more astute as a scum hunter than he has been this game. He's doing just enough to look like a participant, but isn't questioning any logic or motives. Not typical for him as a townie.

Pac is not scum hunting either. He did some over-the-top routine on D1 to make it look like he was setting traps, but all that did was lead to a townie lynch. Since then, he has regressed to hiding. Hiding is his m.o. as scum. I would kill him.

I am surprised JC was the view choice, he seemed pretty obviously town to me. Not helpful at all, but town just the same. That said, the more townies we clear, the easier this will get. Good job 80.

vote Verbal

On 5/6/2016 at 2:41 PM, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Yeah.. That's what it is starting to looks like to me too. 

My strongest scum read right now is still lily, but that's getting no traction right now for some reason, but really i'm more than happy with these two as the leading train getter anyways. Wombat might either genuinely be busy at work, but he's still up there for me based on his posts so far. Would want him to chime in on his thoughts on lily and smc. 

Pac is also playing little league mafia right now for some reason. 

Unvote

vote smc

On 5/6/2016 at 3:39 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Current Vote Count:

SMC (6) - 80, Ape, Lily, Dan, Verbal, JVOR

Wombat (5) - Hally, Leelou, CTM, Hess, AVM

Lily (2) - Wombat, SMC

Ape (2) - Smash, JC

CTM (1) - Pac

Dan (1) - JiF

With 17 Players, it takes 9 to feed the sharks.

It's possible that was a bus, but I feel as though already down 1 memeber most scum mates would of voted wwwombat there.

I'd have voted SMC but that's me

that being said, wwombat could be scum too which makes this whole conversation moot

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

It's possible that was a bus, but I feel as though already down 1 memeber most scum mates would of voted wwwombat there.

I'd have voted SMC but that's me

that being said, wwombat could be scum too which makes this whole conversation moot

True.  Does that make Wombat the most informative lynch?

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

True.  Does that make Wombat the most informative lynch?

if your target is jyoy, wwwombat would be informative for sure.. If you like jyoy for scum however, we can just lynch himl. I don't see a big reason to lynch for information here

I'm inclined to go after lilly and then regroup from there.

does anyone know how to iso SMC in thread? this pos forum doesn't seem to allow, even a search doesn't work cause name is too short i guess. I know i can find all his posts on his profile, but if he's posting in the football forum too it will be time consuming

1 minute ago, CTM said:

does anyone know how to iso SMC in thread? this pos forum doesn't seem to allow, even a search doesn't work cause name is too short i guess. I know i can find all his posts on his profile, but if he's posting in the football forum too it will be time consuming

I did a "manual iso"  on him on the bottom of the page 55, if it helps.

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Neither JVOR or Verbal are scum hunting. I would kill either. Verbal's biggest contribution was to troll me as soon as I started focusing on SMC on D1. JVOR is much more astute as a scum hunter than he has been this game. He's doing just enough to look like a participant, but isn't questioning any logic or motives. Not typical for him as a townie.

Pac is not scum hunting either. He did some over-the-top routine on D1 to make it look like he was setting traps, but all that did was lead to a townie lynch. Since then, he has regressed to hiding. Hiding is his m.o. as scum. I would kill him.

I am surprised JC was the view choice, he seemed pretty obviously town to me. Not helpful at all, but town just the same. That said, the more townies we clear, the easier this will get. Good job 80.

vote Verbal

Totally forgot Verb was playing and he's just they type of player to hide as scum.  Pac too.  Both huge cowards. 

JVOR, Verb, Pac, Hali - I could dig killing either/or. 

I don't have much to say, really. My reads are my reads. If you need to lynch me for information go for it. I think you're reading the smc vs wombat thing a little too much like a bus vote then what it is, which is i was fine with either wombat or smc. but i can also see where the thought process is coming from. Smash's lynch was follow the cop so reading anything into that is dumb imo. 

Just to clarify as to what you're saying i did as scum to bus: take wombat from 6 votes to smc's 5 votes and make it smc 6 votes and wombat 5 votes. So saying wombat were town, that means i actively derailed a townie lynch to lynch a teammate. Why would that make any sense?

if wombat is scum, then it's partially moot, but why would i bother switching between scum at that point with a pivotal vote? The only scenario would be if wombat is some roled up scum or something so i guess that's the logic. 

Anyways, 

vote lily

34 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

vote Verbal

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

Totally forgot Verb was playing and he's just they type of player to hide as scum.  Pac too.  Both huge cowards. 

JVOR, Verb, Pac, Hali - I could dig killing either/or. 

My question to both of you, why leave Lily out?  Have you seen something from her that I  haven't?

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I just dunno why SMC would drop his vote on Lily there.  Doesn't seem like a smart distancing move.

well this is what I was saying about pac and i think ape and someone else when SMC was using Mafia Paint by Numbers to destroy the scum team. They can't be that bad (or obvious) is what I kept saying .. but they were

22 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I don't have much to say, really. My reads are my reads. If you need to lynch me for information go for it. I think you're reading the smc vs wombat thing a little too much like a bus vote then what it is, which is i was fine with either wombat or smc. but i can also see where the thought process is coming from. Smash's lynch was follow the cop so reading anything into that is dumb imo. 

Just to clarify as to what you're saying i did as scum to bus: take wombat from 6 votes to smc's 5 votes and make it smc 6 votes and wombat 5 votes. So saying wombat were town, that means i actively derailed a townie lynch to lynch a teammate. Why would that make any sense?

if wombat is scum, then it's partially moot, but why would i bother switching between scum at that point with a pivotal vote? The only scenario would be if wombat is some roled up scum or something so i guess that's the logic. 

Anyways, 

vote lily

That's a pretty level headed response.

Why Lily? 

12 minutes ago, Hallia said:

My question to both of you, why leave Lily out?  Have you seen something from her that I  haven't?

You can add her in there but as I explained, I havent really seen it.  She's been participating and adding her thoughts.  Not sure what pinged everyone to be honest but like I said, she's a tough read for me.

Based on play or lack there of...thats how I came up with that list.

This is obviously a team of cowards who are avoiding the game at all costs based on the flips and the time it took to get NA's in.  So, it makes sense to me that that remaining scum arent active ie: Pac, Verb, JVOR and while you're a little active, I think you're going through the motions and it's a little scummy...but it does give me a slight pause that you're a bit more active than those 3 who I dont recall ever being this inactive.