Voodoo Island Mafia - Game On

1 hour ago, Leelou said:

Ugh

vote Lily

hmm, didn't expect this at all. It almost has to be lily unless you fooled us all on day 1, which I'd give you a ton of credit for 

I am not scum though, so if you aren't. This should be game over

Nervous glances between the last 5 guests were followed by votes.

"If we get it wrong, 80 is dead." Everyone nodded.

"That means tomorrow is it." Everyone nodded again.

"Here goes..."

"WAIT!"

The spirit of Pac rustles through the bottles behind the bar, now trapped in an afterlife of eternally searching for his beloved Kahlua...  

Okay, never mind, keep voting.

In the end, Lily was the one they chose...

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, CTM said:

hmm, didn't expect this at all. It almost has to be lily unless you fooled us all on day 1, which I'd give you a ton of credit for 

I am not scum though, so if you aren't. This should be game over

It was the fact that the scene only depicted that I shot at you and no one else did. 

Just now, Leelou said:

It was the fact that the scene only depicted that I shot at you and no one else did. 

i see.. well her post after pac's lynch naming me as last scum already gave her away imo.. 

Just now, CTM said:

i see.. well her post after pac's lynch naming me as last scum already gave her away imo.. 

I know, I was just torn. There were a few of your posts that really were worded scummy. And all of Lily's always sound scummy, plus how much the scum team was pushing her. 

17 minutes ago, CTM said:

nice. day 2 was spent arguing between which of two scum to lynch, as was day 4

I nominate Jif for TownMvp, who killed the ape last night before he was able to lead scum's comeback

It was the natural thing to do.  He would have weaved some wild theory together and had you lynch Leelou or 80.

you are welcome.

great game both 80 and Leelou.  Both on fire 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JiF said:

It was the natural thing to do.  He would have weaved some wild theory together and had you lynch Leelou or 80.

you are welcome.

absolutely, lead lynch of me today, 80 dies tonight as cop, ape puts tinfoil hat on and goes after leelou who said you were innocent.. game over 

it's all right there, clear as day

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

you are welcome.

Thanks! I really was playing lazy all game. I didn't feel like casing anyone or doing much of anything. LOL I had some personal stuff going on and just wanted to play crazy. :)

No regrets lynching Pac. XD

• Upvote 2

As much as we'd like to give scum MVP to people like JiF, Ape or Pac, it was Lily.  I didn't investigate her at all because I kept flip flopping, and really did think she was town until the process of elimination said it had to be her.  It didn't help that her entire scum team seemed willing to vote her, which I didn't interpret as distancing at the time.  I still can't read her at all.  Well played lasting as long as you did, Lily!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

As much as we'd like to give scum MVP to people like JiF, Ape or Pac, it was Lily.  I didn't investigate her at all because I kept flip flopping, and really did think she was town until the process of elimination said it had to be her.  It didn't help that her entire scum team seemed willing to vote her, which I didn't interpret as distancing at the time.  I still can't read her at all.  Well played lasting as long as you did, Lily!

Lily was given up by SMC and caught heat because of that vote,  she did finally trip up at the end but weathered a ton of pressure well

13 hours ago, D P R said:

The guns only work for tonight. You don't have to use them, but they won't be in play tomorrow. 

Night ends when all regular night actions are in.

12 hours ago, D P R said:

Need those night actions.

DEADLINE 10 am FRIDAY

It is 9AM on Friday right now, and I never submitted my night action. I asked you a question yesterday, and you never responded.

Game = kaput.

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well played Ape staying hidden as doc, I honestly had Verbal pegged as the doc.  lol.  It was all based on this post by him on page 68:

Verbal made one terrific play this game, he voted and told you "I gotcha" which was a doc hint. I figured at that point, he was probably town - so I started cratering on him, because cratering on a townie usually helps you avoid NK. 

I was only able to self-protect once in this game, as a constraint of my role. I never did. I was saving it for end-game, if I made it that far. Given all the talk about shooting me last night, I probably would have self-protected. DPR ended night before letting me submit my action though.

Anyways, I really enjoyed this game. 80, you played "lights out". For me, it was just good to take a step back in play style. Doc was a perfect role for me to land here, because as Doc with the Cop out in the open, you kind of can't look like you're "on your game" to scum. Or they'll NK you. So, I had lots of bluffing to do, while trying to find subtle ways to help along the lynches on my actual scum suspects. It was a welcome challenge, and a great change of pace from being the domineering, interrogating Ape.

I also feel like me toning it down gradually encouraged others to take more ownership of game momentum.

Really, really well played game - even if scum got nuked, this game felt more like old times. :)

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, JiF said:

you are welcome.

you shot me? oh, scummvp.... there you are!

hook_thereyouarepeter.gif

38 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Lily played amazing.  Literally the one bright spot on one of the worst scum teams ever.  She didnt play scared like the rest of them too.  She was on the radar for days, kept battling and stayed in to the end.  Great game, Lily.  I cant read you for sh*t!

• Upvote 1