Voodoo Island Mafia - Game On

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Verbal made one terrific play this game, he voted and told you "I gotcha" which was a doc hint. I figured at that point, he was probably town - so I started cratering on him, because cratering on a townie usually helps you avoid NK. 

I was only able to self-protect once in this game, as a constraint of my role. I never did. I was saving it for end-game, if I made it that far. Given all the talk about shooting me last night, I probably would have self-protected. DPR ended night before letting me submit my action though.

Anyways, I really enjoyed this game. 80, you played "lights out". For me, it was just good to take a step back in play style. Doc was a perfect role for me to land here, because as Doc with the Cop out in the open, you kind of can't look like you're "on your game" to scum. Or they'll NK you. So, I had lots of bluffing to do, while trying to find subtle ways to help along the lynches on my actual scum suspects. It was a welcome challenge, and a great change of pace from being the domineering, interrogating Ape.

I also feel like me toning it down gradually encouraged others to take more ownership of game momentum.

Really, really well played game - even if scum got nuked, this game felt more like old times. :)

OMG STFU!!!

haha

good game

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JiF said:

OMG STFU!!!

haha

good game

oh wait, at first i thought verb was scum for doc hinting, but then hess did it too - then i started assuming verb was town too.

anyway, i had one job to do, which was protect 80 - part of that is avoiding NK by scum - never really considered town would shoot me. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

OMG STFU!!!

right? good grief

fwiw, this game was not fun cause the entire town was all over scum. Many of us had 2-3 scum in our top list by the end of day 1 (jif, 80, leeloyu, crusher, me, dan). It had nothing to do with setup, which was fun and well written, just a mostly inactive scum team. 

80 investigated from bottom up in post activity and did well on that strategy alone (also i believe would've found lily the past night if he just stuck to it)

If there's one thing i hope sticks from this game it's that scum stop thinking they can hide their way to victory. There's been a growing sentiment the last two games about lynching inactives after doggin made it frowned up years ago, it's paid off the last 2 games

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, if we're making honest assessments... this was probably your worst game of the season

lucky for you JIF and Pac played, so nobody will notice

Yeah right lol.. if you'd like to interrupt your victory lap solely for being the guy no scum team would ever nk and explain why i'm all ears

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

fwiw, this game was not fun cause the entire town was all over scum.

I've been saying this since Monday.  Why do you think I started entertaining myself.

Part boredom, part feeling bad for that abysmal scum team.

8 minutes ago, CTM said:

right? good grief

fwiw, this game was not fun cause the entire town was all over scum. Many of us had 2-3 scum in our top list by the end of day 1 (jif, 80, leeloyu, crusher, me, dan). It had nothing to do with setup, which was fun and well written, just a mostly inactive scum team. 

80 investigated from bottom up in post activity and did well on that strategy alone (also i believe would've found lily the past night if he just stuck to it)

If there's one thing i hope sticks from this game it's that scum stop thinking they can hide their way to victory. There's been a growing sentiment the last two games about lynching inactives after doggin made it frowned up years ago, it's paid off the last 2 games

Agreed...outside of Lily that was the biggest coward scum team we've possibly ever seen.  

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It is 9AM on Friday right now, and I never submitted my night action. I asked you a question yesterday, and you never responded.

Game = kaput.

I did answer, but it became moot as the actions of the night unfolded. Don't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory - you did great as Doc.

40 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Verbal made one terrific play this game, he voted and told you "I gotcha" which was a doc hint. I figured at that point, he was probably town - so I started cratering on him, because cratering on a townie usually helps you avoid NK. 

I was hoping that post would make scum think I was Doc.  I figured I wasn't really trying to scumhunt, so the best I could do was take one for the real Doc.  As it looks like more than a couple people thought I was Doc, I'm glad it worked.

And I was pushing at you to try and toe that line between townie enough to not lynch, but suspicious enough to not NK....needed time to allow myself to drop a Doc hint at the right time.  I was hoping the real Doc would recognize it as such.

So, there was nothing personal in my attack - just to clear the air.  That said, you are an annoying bitch sometimes, lol. ;-)

26 minutes ago, CTM said:

right? good grief

lol, what an arrogant piece of sh*t that he thinks he can dictate what constitutes "fun" for others.

i enjoyed the game, for the reasons I stated

1 minute ago, Verbal said:

I was hoping that post would make scum think I was Doc.  I figured I wasn't really trying to scumhunt, so the best I could do was take one for the real Doc.  As it looks like more than a couple people thought I was Doc, I'm glad it worked.

And I was pushing at you to try and toe that line between townie enough to not lynch, but suspicious enough to not NK....needed time to allow myself to drop a Doc hint at the right time.  I was hoping the real Doc would recognize it as such.

So, there was nothing personal in my attack - just to clear the air.  That said, you are an annoying bitch sometimes, lol. ;-)

I mentioned RL stuff this game, ftr.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, what an arrogant piece of sh*t that he thinks he can dictate what constitutes "fun" for others.

i enjoyed the game, for the reasons I stated

you pathetic egomaniac. I said the game wasn't fun, i didn't say ape didn't have fun

3 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Your WIFOM worked so well, it confused your teammates too!  Well played.  H8 and <3 you. 

27 minutes ago, Pac said:

I've been saying this since Monday.  Why do you think I started entertaining myself.

Part boredom, part feeling bad for that abysmal scum team.

God forbid you were just off this game. Nope, you knew the scum team so well that you "pretended" to be utterly clueless. my god ok. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

you pathetic egomaniac. I said the game wasn't fun, i didn't say ape didn't have fun

no, I said I personally had fun... and you followed that, as you have to follow EVERYTHING I SAY, with an attempt to set the record straight about the fun level... it is the insecure one-up-manship we've come to expect from you

shut up now, you're making an ass of yourself

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

CTM and Ape, can you continue your bickering in the Forbidden Forest instead of gaying up the victory lap?  K thx.

ape can't help himself. He has to respond to anything i say

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

God forbid you were just off this game. Nope, you knew the scum team so well that you "pretended" to be utterly clueless. my god ok. 

Hey broseph, sorry about messing up your play early on, lol.  I was angling for my Doc hints, and probably bungled that a bit.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

CTM and Ape, can you continue your bickering in the Forbidden Forest instead of gaying up the victory lap?  K thx.

lol, if I leave this wet blanket unchecked, he's eventually going to ruin the entire world... 

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

He had the whole scum team figured out from Day 1 and spent each day trying to get us to lynch Leelou and JiF.  Such an asset. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Verbal said:

Hey broseph, sorry about messing up your play early on, lol.  I was angling for my Doc hints, and probably bungled that a bit.

I thought it was all well played.  Hess claimed doc, Verbal soft claimed doc, while Ape was the actual doc, while I thought you were the doc and thus was confident Wombat was lying, and Doc didn't die until JiF shot him.  All in all I'd say it was handled great, lol.

• Upvote 2