RSP Film Room LB Darron Lee, Ohio State

F.Chowds

33 minutes ago, afosomf said:

watched some of video and they were echoing my analysis, not great vs run will take awhile for him to be an impact player.

Beauty is pretty much no one agrees with your analysis. 

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Beauty is pretty much no one agrees with your analysis. 

+1

This guy is going to be all over the field and shine early for us. Does everybody forget that he is playing behind one of the best d-lines in football? It gives him that much more flexibility to fly around. Can't wait to see what this defense looks like with a revamped linebacking corps.

45 minutes ago, LWC611 said:

Who are these guys?!?

Seems to me that they are trying to become football analysts. Maybe they could have watched the film before they made a video. 

Sounds for sure like they had preconceived notions, and that they were trying to find those. They then admit that they have no idea what the players responsibilities might be.

23 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

+1

This guy is going to be all over the field and shine early for us. Does everybody forget that he is playing behind one of the best d-lines in football? It gives him that much more flexibility to fly around. Can't wait to see what this defense looks like with a revamped linebacking corps.

It does seem evident that he was being miscast as a Sam backer at OSU. In our defense he will very rarely have to take on linemen. Our line does not allow a center to come free, and Harris' job will be to protect Lee. 

2 hours ago, afosomf said:

watched some of video and they were echoing my analysis, not great vs run will take awhile for him to be an impact player.

Well, here's the good news.

I think Jenkins is coming off the field on 3rd downs as he figures out how to rush the passer, and Lee isnt on the field on 1st downs until he learns how to stop the run.  So, we should have a nice rotation for these guys. 

Just now, JiF said:

Well, here's the good news.

I think Jenkins is coming off the field on 3rd downs as he figures out how to rush the passer, and Lee isnt on the field on 1st downs until he learns how to stop the run.  So, we should have a nice rotation for these guys. 

Jenkins can play , bama had more issues with him than sleepy.  Not sure it was wise to invest a 1st rounder for a 1 down player, when Doctson has a chance to replace an aging Marshall. 

Just now, afosomf said:

Jenkins can play , bama had more issues with him than sleepy.  Not sure it was wise to invest a 1st rounder for a 1 down player, when Doctson has a chance to replace an aging Marshall. 

Jenkins can play, he's just a slug.  He's an edge setter.  No first step.  No pass rush moves.  He'll be solid vs. the run D1.

Lee has a very valuable skill set and you cant over look that but yeah would have preferred one of the WR's there. 

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

+1

He's been called a complete LB by everyone, who's all over he field.  F' these negative Nancy's and the twits who come here killing every pick as if they have a clue.  

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He's been called a complete LB by everyone, who's all over he field.  F' these negative Nancy's and the twits who come here killing every pick as if they have a clue.  

plus, everyone here is watching the same  youtube film of him vs Mich St.  Remember that video has film from 2 different seasons, beginning with Lee 2 years ago and after only a portion is from last year.

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

plus, everyone here is watching the same  youtube film of him vs Mich St.  Remember that video has film from 2 different seasons, beginning with Lee 2 years ago and after only a portion is from last year.

Exactly.  

15 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

How many offenses in the NFL run the Michigan St. 3 downs, and a cloud of dust type of O anymore besides Rex?

Lol!

How many college LBs go to a team that has Mo Wilkerson-Leonard Williams- Sheldon Richardson in front of them! I think he's gonna be flying around uninhibited.

29 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Lol!

How many college LBs go to a team that has Mo Wilkerson-Leonard Williams- Sheldon Richardson in front of them! I think he's gonna be flying around uninhibited.

McClendon/Simon might not be as good at penetrating as Snacks was, but as far as taking up a couple of blockers, I see Lee being able to fly around behind tha DL, sideline to sideline.

He'd be my "SPY" on Tyrod Taylor, Russel Wilson, RG3 and my coverage guy when L'eveon Bell, McCoy, Lewis,Bernard, Charles, Gurley and Forsett roll out of the backfield.

Could you imagine any of our current LB's having to face that game after game this season?? Disastrous to say the least.

Hopefully Lee can keep these guys contained and allow our "D" to focus on getting after the QB.

Dump offs killed us last yr and we will be facing some very mobile QB's this yr and top level RB's. 

20 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

complete LB?????????????????? lmao

a 1 down LB is complete I got it mon

8 minutes ago, afosomf said:

He'll watch and learn from Henderson this yr, get in on nickleand dime packages.

Some ST maybe. Next year Harris departs and a "Beefier"and stronger Lee takes over.

We don't need him to be Keuchly his 1st yr. Only playing LB for 2 seasons..... already has developed into an impact player at a college powerhouse.

Get his feet wet this yr. on a couple of hundred snaps, ST and as DPR when you bring the house and get him ready to shine in 2017.

gotta love how some on this board are using only one single youtube game  video to assess Lee in his entirety.  Plus, because most of these people are used to watching silly "highlight" reels instead of full game tape so watching game tape in comparison always seems lackluster.  The video all over youtube shows Lee vs Mich St in 2014 (most of the video) and then in 2015.  I think we need a little more than this to condemn Lee.

I love this quote, and I forget the source:

The Darron Lee pick has more thought to it than just “Jets got a LB”. What really happened is Todd Bowles got the X factor of his trademark defense. Darron Lee is Todds new Deone Bucannon. A tweener LB/S/weapon who’s ultra flexible and never comes off the field. Don’t be surprised if this cat leads the team in tackles. 

50 minutes ago, Dcat said:

gotta love how some on this board are using only one single youtube game  video to assess Lee in his entirety.  Plus, because most of these people are used to watching silly "highlight" reels instead of full game tape so watching game tape in comparison always seems lackluster.  The video all over youtube shows Lee vs Mich St in 2014 (most of the video) and then in 2015.  I think we need a little more than this to condemn Lee.

I love this quote, and I forget the source:

Heh bub, i watched the entire Bama game, he made a nice sack on simms, a nice tackle on cooper, for the most part most of his tackles for 8 yrs from LOS. we shall see if this was a good pick.  Doctson will be a freaking star. 

23 hours ago, JiF said:

Jenkins can play, he's just a slug.  He's an edge setter.  No first step.  No pass rush moves.  He'll be solid vs. the run D1.

Lee has a very valuable skill set and you cant over look that but yeah would have preferred one of the WR's there. 

Agree on all points. The two rookies will split the 3 downs with Mauldin hopefully taking the leap on the other side with Harris and Henderson in the middle. Lee, even though he was a 1st round pick, is nothing more than a sub on 5 and 6 defensive back looks. Hopefully a STs contributor as well.

6 hours ago, afosomf said:

Keep dreaming.  Everyone, everywhere called him a 3 down LB.

Somehow, youre the last person who I'll believe over the pundits who have been saying it since last thursday

I have a novel approach for all these people that want to critique every pick.

Actually watch some college football. A guy like Lee was on national tv every weekend.  Then you wouldn't need to watch clips on YouTube.

You would've got to see a great player who is everywhere, sideline to sideline, who impacts the game every series.

1 hour ago, Obrien2Toon said:

I have a novel approach for all these people that want to critique every pick.

Actually watch some college football. A guy like Lee was on national tv every weekend.  Then you wouldn't need to watch clips on YouTube.

You would've got to see a great player who is everywhere, sideline to sideline, who impacts the game every series.

I posted the Bama game every play condensed in just 30 minutes, give it a watch, Lee made a few nice plays,  None of them in the run game. 

10 hours ago, afosomf said:

Heh bub, i watched the entire Bama game, he made a nice sack on simms, a nice tackle on cooper, for the most part most of his tackles for 8 yrs from LOS. we shall see if this was a good pick.  Doctson will be a freaking star. 

I always wait for the cliche he made most of his tackles 8 yards ( I assume, duh) from the LOS.  Its the tell tale, I have no fu(king clue line.  People whined about Farrior, Vilm etc for the same thing.  The ones who dont understand that is.  Until they played well elsewhere, then it was the CSs fault for getting rid of them.

You guys are thinking about the old NFL. Teams are in nickel packages 75% of the time in today's game. People are questioning his ability in the run game need to realize he has only been playing LB for two years, he used to be a safety. His UPSIDE is ridiculous. People love to grades these cats and disregard and player development. 

9 hours ago, afosomf said:

Much preferred Doctsun or Treadwell myself. So I am right there with you on that.  

I wish the trade talks with Dallas got somewhere. Get thier 2nd, 3rd and another pick but that's where they couldn't agree. If you're hot for OLB at #34 you can take Spence or even consider Jaylon Smith or Myles Jack and if you dont like his ecstasy history or the others' injuries then take OT Spriggs or whoever else you see there you like and Mac can still have his QB at 51.  An extra third round pick plus something else maybe a 5th, for a mere swap of Lee/Spence could work out very well. 

Didn't you say the same thing when the Jets drafted Milliner 9th overall?

These guys are good evaluators, I actually do watch some of their videos.  FWIW, they were super high on Devin Smith last year.  There are some concerns with his size, but I think he'll fit in nicely with the defense.  

Archived