WR Charone Peake ~ ~ ~

kelly

Your team can win without the cheating. But Belichick is just a little crazy. You can call him compulsive. The thing about him is that he gets caught. Kind of stupid don't you think. 

Sure it is stupid.

BB is the most arrogant, ego-maniac, control freak that has ever coached in the NFL.

I've learned along time ago, you can never change an individual's personality.

I'm thrilled he is the Pats HC.

8 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Sure it is stupid.

BB is the most arrogant, ego-maniac, control freak that has ever coached in the NFL.

I've learned along time ago, you can never change an individual's personality.

I'm thrilled he is the Pats HC.

Look I don't hold it against Belichick that he quit on our team. It was a smart move and I don't blame him for not wanting to work for Woody. But I'm glad he's not here! Even with all of the incompetency. 

3 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

4 Super Bowl**** titles in 15 years?

Who the hell cares about a 1st round draft pick?

Look at the Jets top 10 first round draft picks over the same time the Pats won 4 Super Bowl titles:

DFat, Gholston, Sanchez and Milliner?

How many Super Bowl titles did those top 10 draft picks produce for the Jets?

Fixed

17 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Do you know what the percentage of 7th round draft picks that make the final roster, let alone turn out to be a contributing player?

But isn't that precisely the point of these articles? Finding the rare gem in the 7th or UFA's? Noting that a guy who was projected higher fell and became a potential steal? Other than being snarky, your comment is pointless in this context.

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

But isn't that precisely the point of these articles? Finding the rare gem in the 7th or UFA's? Noting that a guy who was projected higher fell and became a potential steal? Other than being snarky, your comment is pointless in this context.

Well the Patriots trade down to get players who are not rated as elite but can fill a role in BB's system. To him this is more important than drafting superstars. And NEP's first round picks haven't been all that great, either. 

Well the Patriots trade down to get players who are not rated as elite but can fill a role in BB's system. To him this is more important than drafting superstars. And NEP's first round picks haven't been all that great, either. 

7 out of BB's 14 first round picks have been Pro Bowl players.

Also, he does not have 3, top 10 complete busts on his resume.

4 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

He's right. And some of the other guys weren't that bad either. But during that same period of time the Jets first round picks were mostly contributors and pretty good players. The only true bust was Gholston. Coples just signed a decent contract with the Rams. And De-Fat was ok for a couple of years. Not a complete bust. 

16 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

4 Super Bowl titles in 15 years?

Look at the Jets top 10 first round draft picks over the same time the Pats won 4 Super Bowl titles:

Bragging about the "***Super Bowl***" wins still?  Haha

Might as well start trying to convince us that Lance Armstrong is really a great, honest humanitarian. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

That's only because the Jets are way better than the Pats at getting top-10 picks. 

17 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

4 Super Bowl titles in 15 years?

TX nothing for nothing I like you but really man over and over badgering the hell out of Jets fans for something we cannot control dont you get tired of the same old sh*t day in and day out. 

TX nothing for nothing I like you but really man over and over badgering the hell out of Jets fans for something we cannot control dont you get tired of the same old sh*t day in and day out. 

Nah, Jets fans do a pretty good job of crapping all over me with their retorts.

It's not life and death, it's only a game.

It's all good jw.

16 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Look I don't hold it against Belichick that he quit on our team. It was a smart move and I don't blame him for not wanting to work for Woody. But I'm glad he's not here! Even with all of the incompetency. 

It wasn't Woody he didn't want to work for, it was Parcells.  He felt tht at some point during the season Parcells would have taken the team over again.  He was never going to be THE BOSS, with Parcells in the building

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

It wasn't Woody he didn't want to work for, it was Parcells.  He felt tht at some point during the season Parcells would have taken the team over again.  He was never going to be THE BOSS, with Parcells in the building

This is true but he also didn't want to work with Woody. He wanted an owner he knew and felt he could work with and was not incompetent. It's obvious they're on the same page. Parcells didn't want to work with Woody, either. 

This is correct, Woody had nothing to do with BB's decision to resign on a napkin (that is still funny as hell).

It was all about Parcells.

7 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

This is correct, Woody had nothing to do with BB's decision to resign on a napkin (that is still funny as hell).

BB made the best decision of his life when he left here and went to NE 

8 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Based on what I've read not true. It was both. As the case with most head coaches they care a lot about ownership and the Jets were in a transition period from Hess to Woody. And BB claimed his deal had been with Hess. 

9 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Yeah real funny to steal a million dollars from a dying man. But, hey, that sounds about right coming from you. 

2 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Some day I will understand why a Pats fan is allowed to high jack threads.  He brings nothing to the table and makes the site hard to read.  I have him on ignore but tons of his posts get quoted so I still have to see them.

I could understand if he brought something to the table but no...

@Maxman is a very patient man.

• 1 year later...

-- The expectations aren't high for the Jets' receiving corp this year. After releasing Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker in the offseason, and losing Quincy Enunwa to a season-ending neck injury this week, most analysts have labeled them the worst group in the league. 

It's understandable, too. On paper, things don't look pretty. But Charone Peake doesn't care about paper. In fact, he believes the wideouts will be just fine this year. 

"There definitely is a 1,000-yard receiver [on the roster]," Peake said. "Could be more than one. There's a lot of good receivers in that room."The top of the Jets' depth chart is unofficially set. Robby Anderson and Peake are the starters outside, and Jalin Marshall -- although he's suspended the first four weeks of the season -- is the man in the slot. Behind them, there are camp stars Myles White and Chris Harper, along with rookies ArDarius Stewart and Chad Hansen. 

Through 10 practices, the unit hasn't been great. There have been more than a handful of miscommunications, poor routes, and an abundance of drops. Several players have flashed -- Robby Anderson on Tuesday, and Chris Harper at various points -- but nothing consistent. Peake is in the latter category, but his play has improved recently.After dropping an uncanny amount of passes in early August, last year's seventh-round pick seems to have settled down. On Wednesday, Peake caught an impressive touchdown on a fade route in which he beat cornerback Dexter McDougle in 1-on-1 drills."I've been happy with it," Peake said. "I've been trying to take advantage of everything given to me ... The biggest change is I feel like I'm a little bit more smarter this year. I'm understanding coverages. Understanding a lot more that's going on, rather than just what I have on a play. I understand the whole concept."

Still, that doesn't change that outside criticism. Which is fine with Peake. 

It's not hard to prove the naysayers wrong: Just play well."We don't pay any attention to it," Peake said. "We just come out here every day, grinding, working ... We don't pay attention to it. We just come out here every day and work."

>    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/08/charone_peake_jets_definitely_have_1000-yard_recei.html#incart_river_index

• 3 weeks later...

Some fans and reporters looked at the Jets-Lions play count numbers and scratched their heads. Two offensive plays for Charone Peakeicon-article-link.gif? Isn't he supposed to be one of the main men in the young, restructured wideouts unit ? On the other hand, maybe it was a sign of confidence that head coach Todd Bowles and coordinator John Morton felt Peake was peaking well enough in camp that, as Bowles put it "I just wanted to see some other guys."

Peake himself wasn't worried at all about what the numbers foretold.

"Everything's up to Coach. It's not really in my hands," the 6'2" second-year man told me after practice this week. "He's given me two plays, so it's up to me to make those two plays the best two plays I can make them and do the best I can. I'm out there on special teams a lot, too, so it's just however many plays I do get, just help in any way I can, help the team win."Peake has demonstrated he can help when called on. Last season he had 19 receptions on a limited number of 35 targets. Four of those catches converted third downs, he had a team-leading two fourth-down conversion catches, and his 86% rate of six "crunch-down" conversions on seven total first-down catches was easily tops on the offense.

This summer, at Detroit, he and Christian Hackenbergicon-article-link.gif couldn't hook up on an early third-down slant. But in the opener vs. Tennessee, he converted the early third down for the Jets' only touchdown of the preseason on Josh McCownicon-article-link.gif's 4-yard toss.The small sample size may skew the numbers, but as Peake said, "I take pride in those moments. That's when your team needs you the most and that's how you win games, fourth and third down, so you really have to sharpen up on those downs and take advantage of them."

We anticipate Peake will get more exposure Saturday night against the Giants. He's anticipating the contest, but not because it's the Green & White going up against Big Blue."I know a good bit of guys on their team. I went to high school with one of their safeties, Trey Robinson, I played with [linebacker] B.J. Goodson at Clemson, and [former Clemson RB] Wayne Gallman's there. I'm looking forward to playing against them."And it's another chance to help the wide receiver group make greater strides.

"We lost our leader in Quincy [Enunwa], we're aware of it," Peake said. "We all know we have to step up more and just take advantage of the opportunity that's given."

>    http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7/Peake-Seeks-to-Maximize-Opportunities/32bba4f9-9399-4be7-b1df-8a57dc61d3f8

Archived