Jets Offensive n Defensive Breakout Player Prediction

j4jets

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PatsFanTX said:

Forte is on the wrong side of 30 and already has over 2,000 NFL carries.

RB is a young player position.

TX Happy Mothers Day! 

You never STOP do you? 

New England isn't really one to be measuring RBs by when was the last time they had a 1000 yard rusher and isn't Blount nearing 30 he was recently re-signed. 

23 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Forte is on the wrong side of 30 and already has over 2,000 NFL carries.

RB is a young player position.

When Cory Dillon went to the Pats he was around 30 and that worked at well for them.. Plus Forte just had one 300+ carry year for the bears(316) as a rookie. Dillon had 5 300+ years one of which was 345 for the Pats at age 30..

When Cory Dillon went to the Pats he was around 30 and that worked at well for them.. Plus Forte just had one 300+ carry year for the bears(316) as a rookie. Dillon had 5 300+ years one of which was 345 for the Pats at age 30..

The day the Jets signed Forte, I said it was a very good signing. And it was.

But to say he will be the best Jets RB of all-time is a little silly.

23 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

More like insane or is a very young fan..;)

26 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Yes, a little silly. But, it's certainly not unreasonable to think he'll put together a better 2-year run than, yes, Curtis or freeman. 

IMO, he's a better all-around back than either one of them. The lifetime stats might not say it, but, IMO, I'll take Forte over either one. 

And this is coming from me, a fan, that has Curtis as my #2 all-time favorite Jet.  That all-time favorite is about his class, on and off the field. After that, though, Curtis frustrated me with his inability to break the big one. 

12 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

Again, best all-time is not what I meant. My bad. But, as per my post above, he might be capable of big time numbers for the next two years.

OK lets see him beat Thomas Jones 1312 on 290 carries 13 tds, 4.5 ypc and 1402 on 331 carries 14 tds and 4.2 ypc that was TJ's last 2 with the Jets at age 30 and 31..

34 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

OK lets see him beat Thomas Jones 1312 on 290 carries 13 tds, 4.5 ypc and 1402 on 331 carries 14 tds and 4.2 ypc that was TJ's last 2 with the Jets at age 30 and 31..

With this offensive production and the defense he had backing him, Josh Freeman might have been a SB champion QB. 

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

Damn..that'll be tough sledding..who were the lineman? Those the faneca years?

I have faith. I don't see him getting that many carries, but I see 1800+ all-purpose yards!! ?

4 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

Damn..that'll be tough sledding..who were the lineman? Those the faneca years?

I have faith. I don't see him getting that many carries, but I see 1800+ all-purpose yards!!

I just listed over 2700 yds and that was just rushing for 2 years.. I assume your 1800 was for 1 year?? If you add catches you need to add 2 tds and 265 more yds to the 2714 which would make it 2979 total yards..

There should be more short passes to running backs with Forte and Bilal. And if Amaro is any kind of a factor it might take some numbers away from Marshall and Decker but in a good way. We'll have a more sustained passing game and a reliable short game esp. Geno could actually handle that unless he keeps running backwards. 

30 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

I just listed over 2700 yds and that was just rushing for 2 years.. I assume your 1800 was for 1 year?? If you add catches you need to add 2 tds and 265 more yds to the 2714 which would make it 2979 total yards..

Ha..feels like the offseason

So I'll say 2800 all purpose yds. 

#offseason

4 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Come on Savage, not fair, we had a kickazz Oline with Thomas "no cut" Jones.

Archived