Taste of the Jets - worth it?

Augustiniak

14 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Next wednesday there's a dinner in nyc for $250 you can meet a bunch of jets including the 2016 draft class.  anyone ever go to this and is it worth it, do you actually meet/greet take pictures with them, etc or is it a waste?

Limo Lady (Sue) goes every year and has a blast..

I too was debating whether to go or not as well.

Sounds interesting, but the 2016 venue  (small convention venue on 18th St.) isn't as great compared to last year's  (4 World Trade Center, 54th floor) it's one of those open spaces where it's more of a wedding venue. The main motivator for me to go is to personally thank Nick Mangold (an all-time favorite Jet) as a fan before he suddenly retires ala Brick. 

But the set-up seems a bit lame & forced :

"All the players then posted up at the 20 stations representing restaurants from the New York area, plus dessert stations by ShopRite and Calandra's, where fans could meet the players and get autographs, purchase raffle tickets, and sample "tastes" of each restaurant's signature dish"

If you're not a naturally gregarious chap, it' kind of "meh" but for a good cause. I'd probably just be one of these guys standing against the wall just observing the scene:

sc3_copy0.jpg

:-) 

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

I too was debating whether to go or not as well.

Sounds interesting, but the 2016 venue  (small convention venue on 18th St.) isn't as great compared to last year's  (4 World Trade Center, 54th floor) it's one of those open spaces where it's more of a wedding venue. The main motivator for me to go is to personally thank Nick Mangold (an all-time favorite Jet) as a fan before he suddenly retires ala Brick. 

But the set-up seems a bit lame & forced :

"All the players then posted up at the 20 stations representing restaurants from the New York area, plus dessert stations by ShopRite and Calandra's, where fans could meet the players and get autographs, purchase raffle tickets, and sample "tastes" of each restaurant's signature dish"

If you're not a naturally gregarious chap, it' kind of "meh" but for a good cause. I'd probably just be one of these guys standing against the wall just observing the scene:

sc3_copy0.jpg

:-) 

thanks for the info.  i wish they said which 2016 draft picks would be there.  would like to meet lee and hack.

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

thanks for the info.  i wish they said which 2016 draft picks would be there.  would like to meet lee and hack.

I think all of them:

Come enjoy an unforgettable evening with us at the Metropolitan Pavilion. Join us
for tastings from some of the city’s best restaurants while you mingle with Jets players,
coaches, alumni, and Flight Crew Cheerleaders. All proceeds benefit the New York Jets
Foundation to tackle hunger. Coach Bowles will be there and check out the players scheduled to appear!
Tommy Bohanon
Ryan Clady
James Carpenter
Nick Folk
Breno Giacomini
Nick Mangold
Lorenzo Mauldin
Dexter McDougle
Bryce Petty
Buster Skrine
Leonard Williams
And the Jets 2016 rookie class!

I have been to this event a few times. It is expensive but it definitely a lot of fun. You have a lot of access to the players. There is a line for each player so you can't talk to them for 5 minutes each. But you definitely can get a lot of pictures and autographs.

Last year or the year before I spent like 5 or 10 minutes talking to Chad Pennington. It is definitely a fun event if you can get past the price.

Archived