Jets are going to have a great year

Jetster

You can just tell by how many negative comments are being made about our team we're gonna have a great year. I had to endure Ross Tucker claiming "the Jets are just not very talented" yesterday on Sirius NFL radio.

Espn giving us an F for drafting Hackenberg. It's another how can we trash the NYJets this offseason. Even our own posters on this board have joined in the fray, guaranteeing a 4 win season. These seem to always be the times that we surprise everybody. 

Every fan looks at the schedule & starts marking off wins & losses. The funny thing about this is based on opinions of sports talking heads the Jets have no chance, will be one of the worst teams in the league next year & there's really no chance for success in 2016.

But when look at this more objectively from an opposing fans point of view, I imagine they gather around the TV for the game, see the Jets come out on defense and realize, "damn, this Jet team has some players!" Revis, Mo, Sheldon, Leo, Harris, Pryor, mixed with a hungry group of fast young guys. 

Then we get the ball on offense, line up & the opposing fan sees Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, and Matt Forte in the backfield. Um, that's a pretty imposing trifecta of offensive talent. I think it's ludicrous to look at this 2016 NY Jet team in Bowles 2nd season & call them an urn talented football team. If we get average QB play we could beat ANY TEAM in this watered down league.

What bugs me are the talking heads.  These guys have to fill the air and spew out some inane garbage.

Then there is PFF who think numbers mean something is this sport.  There are just too many moving parts and unknowns to give numbers any weight.

Finally there are the posters here that can't/don't think for themselves and just regurgitate all of the above.  These numb skulls actually argue their "points" ad infinitum making these boards unreadable.  Sometimes less is more.       

15 minutes ago, Jetster said:

You can just tell by how many negative comments are being made about our team we're gonna have a great year. I had to endure Ross Tucker claiming "the Jets are just not very talented" yesterday on Sirius NFL radio.

Espn giving us an F for drafting Hackenberg. It's another how can we trash the NYJets this offseason. Even our own posters on this board have joined in the fray, guaranteeing a 4 win season. These seem to always be the times that we surprise everybody. 

Every fan looks at the schedule & starts marking off wins & losses. The funny thing about this is based on opinions of sports talking heads the Jets have no chance, will be one of the worst teams in the league next year & there's really no chance for success in 2016.

But when look at this more objectively from an opposing fans point of view, I imagine they gather around the TV for the game, see the Jets come out on defense and realize, "damn, this Jet team has some players!" Revis, Mo, Sheldon, Leo, Harris, Pryor, mixed with a hungry group of fast young guys. 

Then we get the ball on offense, line up & the opposing fan sees Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, and Matt Forte in the backfield. Um, that's a pretty imposing trifecta of offensive talent. I think it's ludicrous to look at this 2016 NY Jet team in Bowles 2nd season & call them an urn talented football team. If we get average QB play we could beat ANY TEAM in this watered down league.

When did you become 'Carnac the Magnificent' ? 

images (1).jpg

if they get decent to ok QB play, the addition of forte could be yuge for this offense. if smith and amaro give them literally anything it could be a really potent offense

the $LB could be the 3rd down closer this defense has needed for a decade.

ST's could be much better

but the schedule is brutal.  the jets will most likely be in a hole and have to rally in december

59 minutes ago, no psls said:

When did you become 'Carnac the Magnificent' ? 

images (1).jpg

It's simple. Every Time they predict the Jets to be good they suck, and every time they predict us to suck we play well.

We were predicted to win anywhere from 2-6 games last year, and everyone knew our schedule. 

It's all about the QB. The Jets are talented on both sides of the ball and, as noted, ST's have gotten better. Neither Geno nor Fitz is going to substantially upgrade the Jets offense. They're at best hold the fort guys. I'm guessing mild regression but stability if they sign Fitz, but not as bad as Is being predicted here. Geno is a high-risk wild-card who hasn't shown he can sustain growth.  Hope I'm wrong.

I wish we had the brutal schedule last year and the easy on this year, could you imagine what they would be saying about 

us if we won 5 games last year ?  Hack undraftable, okay ESPN and fans that think Marshall is too short, youre crediblility

would be on the line if you had any.

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

What bugs me are the talking heads.  These guys have to fill the air and spew out some inane garbage.

Then there is PFF who think numbers mean something is this sport.  There are just too many moving parts and unknowns to give numbers any weight.

Finally there are the posters here that can't/don't think for themselves and just regurgitate all of the above.  These numb skulls actually argue their "points" ad infinitum making these boards unreadable.  Sometimes less is more.       

^ dis guy getz it

2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

There are so many shows on now that discuss football the over analyzing of everything has gotten unbearable. Same has happened for the draft. As you get closer to the draft they start tearing down the prospects. Last I looked Mangold has gotten older but he's still a kickazz center. Clady "when healthy" is actually better than Brick. Carpenter was awesome last year (a Rock), it's the right side of our that needs to be shored up. Just imagine an uptick in our special teams, that alone will change the complexion of a game when you have a strong defense, (we lost 2 games due to our horrific special teams, Bills & Eagles. Anyone can throw out the INJURY card. "IF" Gronk gets hurt the Pats are f*cked!

How do you know Bryant won't be injured when we play Seattle? (They already lost Irvin & Marshawn) and our running game is going to be pretty damn good. Any team that we play next year better have a deep secondary as we throw the ball a lot more than we use to. If the CB the Jets picked turns out to be a player, we'll have one of the deepest secondaries in the league after Denver. 

We have Miamis number (while Tannyhill seems to have career games vs the Pats), we have to flip our fortunes with Buffalo. A lot will ride on how we come out of the gate. We'll get better as the year progresses. We need a fast start.

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

It's all about the QB. The Jets are talented on both sides of the ball and, as noted, ST's have gotten better. Neither Geno nor Fitz is going to substantially upgrade the Jets offense. They're at best hold the fort guys. I'm guessing mild regression but stability if they sign Fitz, but not as bad as Is being predicted here. Geno is a high-risk wild-card who hasn't shown he can sustain growth.  Hope I'm wrong.

NFL Network is all about letting Fitz walk and playing Geno. In his last four games as a starter his numbers were surprisingly very good. He didn't look very good when Fitz went down with the thumb injury, but rust and learning a new offense could have had an effect. I am not a fan of Geno and I don't think the Jets can win 10 games with him under center, but this whole circus with Fitzpatrick is getting old. Plus, it seems to be dividing the team, with Decker and Forte and obviously Marshall all wanting Ryan back. Well, what if he doesn't come back? How much confidence will the team have in Geno and how will he respond to his teammates statements and media reaction? My guess is nuclear implosion by the bye week.

16 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

NFL Network is all about letting Fitz walk and playing Geno. In his last four games as a starter his numbers were surprisingly very good. He didn't look very good when Fitz went down with the thumb injury, but rust and learning a new offense could have had an effect. I am not a fan of Geno and I don't think the Jets can win 10 games with him under center, but this whole circus with Fitzpatrick is getting old. Plus, it seems to be dividing the team, with Decker and Forte and obviously Marshall all wanting Ryan back. Well, what if he doesn't come back? How much confidence will the team have in Geno and how will he respond to his teammates statements and media reaction? My guess is nuclear implosion by the bye week.

We all know that the problem with Geno is his head. He's not a leader, he's sulky and over-sensitive, and he lacks football intelligence (specifically the ability to rapid read a defense and see openings for his receivers). He's mentally slow and he tries to compensate by buying time or running. If Geno had Tom Brady's brain, he'd actually be a very good QB. But he doesn't.

14 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

They weren't so high on Fitz during the offseason. After weeks of going to war together they developed team chemistry. Same can happen with Geno or Hack.

Geno knows he's rising from the dead to prove himself and it better be good.

13 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

What are all the Jets "successes"?

Can you list 3 or 4?

You know a few years back I foolishly went on an NEP an board, identified myself as a Jets fan and tried to have a little fun. Unlike you I didn't put their team down or tell them they sucked. But a few jokes didn't win me too many fans and I was called a troll and I got it and left. One thing I learned: no one loves a troll and NEP fans have no sense of humor at all. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You know a few years back I foolishly went on an NEP an board, identified myself as a Jets fan and tried to have a little fun. Unlike you I didn't put their team down or tell them they sucked. But a few jokes didn't win me too many fans and I was called a troll and I got it and left. One thing I learned: no one loves a troll and NEP fans have no sense of humor at all. 

Why do you think Tex and some others come here?? Even they can't stand the Mod's on the Pat board..

I am not a troll.

I am a valuable, contributing member to the board.

14 minutes ago, pointman said:

Fitz isn't good, but he played with balls and heart. Any of the guys we have slinging it have more talent. Now if they show some heart too, I don't think we take a step back.

Balls and heart are fine but if Geno had a brain look out..:)

29 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm glad you think so. Want to do a poll on that? 

I hate having to say this but in fact PFTX contributes more to this message board than some of the actual Jets fans that spew nothing 24/7 but negativism.  This is a sad but true fact.  Sometimes, sure, he needles us but I've seen a  lot worse from our so called fans.  He seems like a good guy to me. (for a f'ing Pats fan:))    

8 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I hate having to say this but in fact PFTX contributes more to this message board than some of the actual Jets fans that spew nothing 24/7 but negativism.  This is a sad but true fact.  Sometimes, sure, he needles us but I've seen a  lot worse from our so called fans.  He seems like a good guy to me. (for a f'ing Pats fan:))    

I wouldn't go that far but I get where you're coming from. But needling Jets fans on a Jets board (when you can go on any NEP board to say how great and how "honest" they are) seems like it should be his proper destination not here. I know there's something called freedom of speech but what's his end game except shoving it in our faces. There is bitter blood between these two franchises and our fan bases. Hatred is not too strong a word. Except for injuries or illness I only wish bad things on that franchise.

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I wouldn't go that far but I get where you're coming from. But needling Jets fans on a Jets board (when you can go on any NEP board to say how great and how "honest" they are) seems like it should be his proper destination not here. I know there's something called freedom of speech but what's his end game except shoving it in our faces. There is bitter blood between these two franchises and our fan bases. Hatred is not too strong a word. Except for injuries or illness I only wish bad things on that franchise.

Tex always comes and take's crap after a Pat loss some Pat fans disappear for weeks..AFCEast is a good Pat fan also..

2 hours ago, jetrider said:

Because we're categorized as a team with no QB.

not unfairly either

Jets fans who think the team will have a great year forget that the QB is the most important position. Or alternatively, they hope that that Geno, Petty or Hack will somehow be good in 2016. 

That dog doesn't hunt. They are a good team but with no starting QB they aren't doing jack squat. 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

not unfairly either

Jets fans who think the team will have a great year forget that the QB is the most important position. Or alternatively, they hope that that Geno, Petty or Hack will somehow be good in 2016. 

That dog doesn't hunt. They are a good team but with no starting QB they aren't doing jack squat. 

And he can't play QB either..costumes-for-dogs-football-star-qb.jpg

Archived