Jets are going to have a great year

Jetster

6 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

It's all about the QB. The Jets are talented on both sides of the ball and, as noted, ST's have gotten better. Neither Geno nor Fitz is going to substantially upgrade the Jets offense. They're at best hold the fort guys. I'm guessing mild regression but stability if they sign Fitz, but not as bad as Is being predicted here. Geno is a high-risk wild-card who hasn't shown he can sustain growth.  Hope I'm wrong.

i really don't think fitzpatrick is better than geno smith anyway. obviously the FO doesn't think so eaither since they arent too worried about fitzpatrick not signing

6 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

What are all the Jets "successes"?

Can you list 3 or 4?

I will interject myself here for a moment.  I know the Jets aren't exactly known for being a successful franchise but I will say that we've been a little better since 2000.  We made 2 AFC CGs a few years ago under Rex.  And while this next one might get laughed at, the Jets did make the playoffs 5 times in the "aughts" (2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2009).  We only made it 2x in the 90's.  Admittedly we haven't made it at all in the 2010's.  

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 9:39 AM, Jetster said:

You can just tell by how many negative comments are being made about our team we're gonna have a great year. I had to endure Ross Tucker claiming "the Jets are just not very talented" yesterday on Sirius NFL radio.

Espn giving us an F for drafting Hackenberg. It's another how can we trash the NYJets this offseason. Even our own posters on this board have joined in the fray, guaranteeing a 4 win season. These seem to always be the times that we surprise everybody. 

Every fan looks at the schedule & starts marking off wins & losses. The funny thing about this is based on opinions of sports talking heads the Jets have no chance, will be one of the worst teams in the league next year & there's really no chance for success in 2016.

But when look at this more objectively from an opposing fans point of view, I imagine they gather around the TV for the game, see the Jets come out on defense and realize, "damn, this Jet team has some players!" Revis, Mo, Sheldon, Leo, Harris, Pryor, mixed with a hungry group of fast young guys. 

Then we get the ball on offense, line up & the opposing fan sees Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, and Matt Forte in the backfield. Um, that's a pretty imposing trifecta of offensive talent. I think it's ludicrous to look at this 2016 NY Jet team in Bowles 2nd season & call them an urn talented football team. If we get average QB play we could beat ANY TEAM in this watered down league.

Ross Tucker is 100% correct. This team very clearly regressed during the offseason. They're back to being the laughingstocks of the league and Mac/Bowles personally orchestrated such a debacle. 6-10 here we come.

2 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Ross Tucker is 100% correct. This team very clearly regressed during the offseason. They're back to being the laughingstocks of the league and Mac/Bowles personally orchestrated such a debacle. 6-10 here we come.

Dude WTF? 

This constant negativity is disappointing coming from a fellow Mainer.....

In what areas BESIDES QB has this team "very clearly regressed"?

8 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Dude WTF? 

This constant negativity is disappointing coming from a fellow Mainer.....

In what areas BESIDES QB has this team "very clearly regressed"?

OL - They got a year older and did nothing to confront very questionable right side to begin with. Giacomini sucks.

Still no TE means still ZERO offense used to beat cover 2.

RB is a push at best. Forte might be a little more versatile than Ivory, but the OL is worse than last year, so the blocking won't be there.

But the biggest thing is they did nothing but add depth out of the draft. They did not yield any starters. ZERO. Their 1st round pick is very clearly miscast in this defense. He will be useful as a situational pass rusher at best.

But if you don't believe me, read the articles there's plenty of NNFL writers that claim this team has regressed, especially when you consider we have a playoff schedule this season.

3 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

OL - They got a year older and did nothing to confront very questionable right side to begin with. Giacomini sucks.

Still no TE means still ZERO offense used to beat cover 2.

RB is a push at best. Forte might be a little more versatile than Ivory, but the OL is worse than last year, so the blocking won't be there.

But the biggest thing is they did nothing but add depth out of the draft. They did not yield any starters. ZERO. Their 1st round pick is very clearly miscast in this defense. He will be useful as a situational pass rusher at best.

But if you don't believe me, read the articles there's plenty of NNFL writers that claim this team has regressed, especially when you consider we have a playoff schedule this season.

Holy crap, the O-line got older. Effing REGRESSION right there! The right side is the same, so no regression. The left side protection should be better without Brick, so no regression.

TE? Same, therefore no regression. Sucks to not have a weapon at TE, but weve been dogging that since Shuler was here.

I highly doubt Peake wont start this season in a limited fashion, because we still have nice weapons in Decker and Marshall after all. Lee will start as a situational rusher, but will be in the mix in coverage. Bet on that.

6 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Ross Tucker said the Jets would be lucky to win 4 games in 2015. He's a classic Jet hater, he's an ex-Bill & biased as sh*t!

6 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Holy crap, the O-line got older. Effing REGRESSION right there! The right side is the same, so no regression. The left side protection should be better without Brick, so no regression.

TE? Same, therefore no regression. Sucks to not have a weapon at TE, but weve been dogging that since Shuler was here.

I highly doubt Peake wont start this season in a limited fashion, because we still have nice weapons in Decker and Marshall after all. Lee will start as a situational rusher, but will be in the mix in coverage. Bet on that.

Don't feed the trolls

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 0:07 PM, Rangers9 said:

You know a few years back I foolishly went on an NEP an board, identified myself as a Jets fan and tried to have a little fun. Unlike you I didn't put their team down or tell them they sucked. But a few jokes didn't win me too many fans and I was called a troll and I got it and left. One thing I learned: no one loves a troll and NEP fans have no sense of humor at all. 

no one loves cheaters either

On May 14, 2016 at 2:26 PM, SenorGato said:

For me it comes down to believing in themselves, each other, and setting their minds to winning.

It would help if the other teams would talk smack. Then the Jets will play extra hard. 

On 5/14/2016 at 7:21 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I will interject myself here for a moment.  I know the Jets aren't exactly known for being a successful franchise but I will say that we've been a little better since 2000.  We made 2 AFC CGs a few years ago under Rex.  And while this next one might get laughed at, the Jets did make the playoffs 5 times in the "aughts" (2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2009).  We only made it 2x in the 90's.  Admittedly we haven't made it at all in the 2010's.  

I agree... and while we havent had playoff success yet in the 2010 era, we are , from memory, a better team than much of the 90's.

At least thats my memory...   maybe i'm just getting more accepting of losing.   I literally hated the 90's pre Parcells.

4 hours ago, Thor99 said:

It would help if the other teams would talk smack. Then the Jets will play extra hard. 

+1

Or do the Jets have an agent Coulson? Someone needs to kill him so that these guys can realize their folly and start working together.

On 5/14/2016 at 2:26 PM, SenorGato said:

For me it comes down to believing in themselves, each other, and setting their minds to winning.

As long as they come together for one common goal, practice like its the game and hold each other accountable to getting better each day, the Jets will be the best Football team on the planet.  NO MATTER WHAT!

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

As long as they come together for one common goal, practice like its the game and hold each other accountable to getting better each day, the Jets will be the best Football team on the planet.  NO MATTER WHAT!

Confidence, focus, will

2 hours ago, Mainejet said:

The Jets will be picking in the top ten pick come April 2017 and that will not be due to trade. This team really is that bad.

Any chance you're a lumberjack?

The Jumping Frenchmen of Maine is history's most startling mental disorder

In the 1870s, something very strange happened to the French-Canadians working as lumberjacks in Northern Maine...

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5893214/the-jumping-frenchmen-of-maine-is-historys-most-startling-mental-disorder

4 hours ago, Mainejet said:

The Jets will be picking in the top ten pick come April 2017 and that will not be due to trade. This team really is that bad.

This guy has to be a phoney using someone elses name. There is no way a real Jet fan has this much anger & hatred towards their own team. He hates Macc, hates Bowles, hates you, hates me, lmao, the dude hates everything. Must be suffering from SAD living way up north in cloudy gray Maine.

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Any chance you're a lumberjack?

The Jumping Frenchmen of Maine is history's most startling mental disorder

In the 1870s, something very strange happened to the French-Canadians working as lumberjacks in Northern Maine...

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5893214/the-jumping-frenchmen-of-maine-is-historys-most-startling-mental-disorder

Great find. Now we know exactly who & where Mainejet has come from & his family history, see excerpt below. Something tells me Mainejet comes from a VERY CLOSELY KNIT FAMILY.

So what exactly caused this behavior? This particular instance may have had some genetic component, considering most of the sufferers were closely related and came from one of four families, but that may just speak to the insular nature of the French-Canadian lumberjack community in 19th century Maine. 

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

Great find. Now we know exactly who & where Mainejet has come from & his family history, see excerpt below. Something tells me Mainejet comes from a VERY CLOSELY KNIT FAMILY.

So what exactly caused this behavior? This particular instance may have had some genetic component, considering most of the sufferers were closely related and came from one of four families, but that may just speak to the insular nature of the French-Canadian lumberjack community in 19th century Maine. 

Wow. Brutal response. Well played, @Jetster. And my heritage is French-Canadian. But when my ancestors arrived in America, they settled in Florida, not Maine. Phew!

Archived