Trout Sweepstakes (Let the Speculation Begin)

PFSIKH

The Globe had an article speculating on what 10 teams could afford a trade for Trout if the Angels elected to go that route.  There are not any rumors the Angels are inclined to trade Trout (yet).  The article speculates the Angels farm system is so bare that trading Trout for several prospects will help kick start their rebuild.  Of course, they still owe Albert Pujols 140 million from 2017-2020 which is not helping a rebuild.

The typical names were mentioned, Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs, Mets and Sox.

As far as the Sox, it would be nice to have Trout, but I do not want them to gut their young corps they have now. 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/here-are-10-teams-that-could-pull-off-a-trade-for-mike-trout/ar-BBt2Vst

21 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Sox don't need him unless he's a starting pitcher. They have Betts, Bradley, and lots of young guns in the outfield under much cheaper contracts. Trout is really good, but I don't see the point. 

They do not need him, but do they want him...or more importantly does Dombrowski?

If the Angels starts any discussion with Bogaerts...Dombrowowski should shut him down and end the conversation.

I am good with there current starters, but we have Bientendi now at AA and Castillo.  Plus, Swihart who is not supplanting Vazquez and cannot seem himn bumping an OF.

Use some of the pieces they have that are blocked at the major league level and try to get Trout who has power and is not even 25.  His lowest OPS against the AL East is .875 at Toronto. 

2 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

They do not need him, but do they want him...or more importantly does Dombrowski?

If the Angels starts any discussion with Bogaerts...Dombrowowski should shut him down and end the conversation.

I am good with there current starters, but we have Bientendi now at AA and Castillo.  Plus, Swihart who is not supplanting Vazquez and cannot seem himn bumping an OF.

Use some of the pieces they have that are blocked at the major league level and try to get Trout who has power and is not even 25.  His lowest OPS against the AL East is .875 at Toronto. 

If The Sox can get him without giving up Xander, JBJ, Mookie, ERod, Shaw, etc. then that's fine. I wouldn't give up anyone at the major league level right now for him. He's a luxury they don't need. They need pitching. 

If he actually became available I think the Cubs would be the leaders, legitimately. He's got that mid-western personality where he doesn't ask for the spotlight, something I think works for the Cubs and Wrigley. Yep....that's what I'm going with.

On 5/17/2016 at 10:31 AM, Maxman said:

Trout is a Marlin. You heard it here first.

On 5/17/2016 at 10:31 AM, Maxman said:

He is thinking of becoming a two sport star and will also play for the Dolphins.

And you kept going? 

My god man. 

Archived