Buffalo News Writer: Rex Ryan Isn't That Smart

joewilly12

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

God.. You're a real a$$hole aren't you? at first I thought you had at least SOME value in your posts...but you really seem like you have nothing to do. It's just the same recycled bullsh*t every post with you.

It really is time for Max and the Mod Squad to get rid of this doosh. If this idiot's posts in this thread don't show how utterly useless he is, then maybe the site needs anew group of mods Really,   ...  when is this forum  to take out its trash?  It's long overdue and this snot rag of an senior citizen troll is getting moldy and rancid, leaving his fecal droppings everywhere he goes.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys this isn't JI, from my experience around here you don't get banned for being a troll, or for having a different opinion.  Yes if you start taking personal shots, and actively attack others aggressively for not sharing your opinion then they gone, take off your skirts, and deal with it, or use the block user function. 

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It really is time for Max and the Mod Squad to get rid of this doosh. If this idiot's posts in this thread don't show how utterly useless he is, then maybe the site needs anew group of mods Really,   ...  when is this forum  to take out its trash?  It's long overdue and this snot rag of an senior citizen troll is getting moldy and rancid, leaving his fecal droppings everywhere he goes.

I understand some people like the guy and sometimes he DOES crack a funny. He has been here for awhile but 95% of his posts are so uncalled for and annoying. I don't understand him...why he's here or why he wants anything to do with a Jets message board. The other Pat fans that post here RARELY post and when they do it isn't at the same ignorant volume and pace that TX posts at.

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Guys this isn't JI, from my experience around here you don't get banned for being a troll, or for having a different opinion.  Yes if you start taking personal shots, and actively attack others aggressively for not sharing your opinion then they gone, take off your skirts, and deal with it, or use the block user function. 

Fair enough...not really. But I won't cause an uproar over it so fair enough.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

That's horsecrap. He repeats himself incessantly, denigrates the franchise at every opportunity, and posts merely to provoke. Most of us come here to get away from ordinary day to day crap and shouldn't have to read his diarrhea. Nor should anyone be  asked to lift a finger, not even a pinky, to press an ignore button. That's  tantamount to saying that this particular trolls behavior and motives are acceptable here.  

If any of this is true, it just proves Rex is doing what he thinks is best for his team.  Because a coach more worried about his job than the team would never take a guy that he knows won't even produce when he needs it most.  The sky is blue and Rex is not a Rhodes Scholar.  No kidding.  Intelligence never was the defining trait of football coaches and players.  But to question the guy's integrity? The writer doesn't know what integrity is.

That said, Rex is best suited for and will probably end up enjoying life more in a DC/assistant HC type of role.  But he will have to humble himself a little.  And too proud is definitely something he can reasonably be accused of.

Rex Ryan says he tried to trade for Odell Beckham while Jets' coach

• Rich Cimini ESPN

That Rex Ryan, he's one funny guy. In an interview with Don Banks of SI.com, the Buffalo Bills coach mentioned in passing that he attempted to trade for Odell Beckham Jr. in 2014. That, of course, was when Ryan was coaching the New York Jets. What prompted the Beckham reference? Ryan was defending the injury-prone Sammy Watkins, and he threw out Beckham's name to show that even great players have to deal with injuries. Take it away, Rex: "Has he missed a little time? Yeah. Big deal. He and everyone else," Ryan said of Watkins. "The Beckham kid came out the same year, and he missed how many games with a hamstring issue? Believe me, I was trying to trade for him when he had the hamstring. I was reading the [New York] papers, and I was like, ‘Well, hell, we’ll take him.’ But Sammy’s not even going to miss any time. He’s going to be ready to roll when it matters.” Beckham's hamstring injury, which cost him the first four games of his rookie season, was a daily soap opera in New York in the summer of '14. It's not clear if the idea of trading for Beckham made it from Ryan's brain (imagination?) to his boss, general manager John Idzik. Chances are it was a case of Rex being Rex, trying to get something he knew he couldn't have. It probably never happened, but let's try to imagine how the phone conversation might have gone with New York Giants general manager Jerry Reese:

Idzik: Jerry, we're interested in trading for Beckham.

Reese: Are you serious? You've got a better chance of getting David Beckham than Odell.

That Ryan brought it up now may have been another of his many post-firing tweaks at Idzik, who failed miserably in the area of talent procurement. Heck, the Jets didn't need Beckham anyway. They drafted three receivers that year -- Jalen Saunders, Shaq Evans and Quincy Enunwa. Two busts and a backup.

Typical Rex BS.

3 hours ago, Ken Shroy said:

Rex Ryan says he tried to trade for Odell Beckham while Jets' coach

• Rich Cimini ESPN

That Rex Ryan, he's one funny guy. In an interview with Don Banks of SI.com, the Buffalo Bills coach mentioned in passing that he attempted to trade for Odell Beckham Jr. in 2014. That, of course, was when Ryan was coaching the New York Jets. What prompted the Beckham reference? Ryan was defending the injury-prone Sammy Watkins, and he threw out Beckham's name to show that even great players have to deal with injuries. Take it away, Rex: "Has he missed a little time? Yeah. Big deal. He and everyone else," Ryan said of Watkins. "The Beckham kid came out the same year, and he missed how many games with a hamstring issue? Believe me, I was trying to trade for him when he had the hamstring. I was reading the [New York] papers, and I was like, ‘Well, hell, we’ll take him.’ But Sammy’s not even going to miss any time. He’s going to be ready to roll when it matters.” Beckham's hamstring injury, which cost him the first four games of his rookie season, was a daily soap opera in New York in the summer of '14. It's not clear if the idea of trading for Beckham made it from Ryan's brain (imagination?) to his boss, general manager John Idzik. Chances are it was a case of Rex being Rex, trying to get something he knew he couldn't have. It probably never happened, but let's try to imagine how the phone conversation might have gone with New York Giants general manager Jerry Reese:

Idzik: Jerry, we're interested in trading for Beckham.

Reese: Are you serious? You've got a better chance of getting David Beckham than Odell.

That Ryan brought it up now may have been another of his many post-firing tweaks at Idzik, who failed miserably in the area of talent procurement. Heck, the Jets didn't need Beckham anyway. They drafted three receivers that year -- Jalen Saunders, Shaq Evans and Quincy Enunwa. Two busts and a backup.

Typical Rex BS.

He meant during the draft, and it's almost definitely true. He's a fat idiot but he's not making that up.

For 2014 Rex got fired but with the press he never really wore out his welcome. Most if not all that of the blame went to Idzik who was disliked by the press while Rex was loved. I mean all of the spin went in Rex's favor. Poor Rex didn't get one cornerback so Idzik was trying to sabotage him. 

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

For 2014 Rex got fired but with the press he never really wore out his welcome. Most if not all that of the blame went to Idzik who was disliked by the press while Rex was loved. I mean all of the spin went in Rex's favor. Poor Rex didn't get one cornerback so Idzik was trying to sabotage him. 

Idzik sat on 50 million that could have been used to upgrade the team and you think that was a wise decision??  That's not spin that's fact..:blink:

Just now, Savage69 said:

Idzik sat on 50 million that could have been used to upgrade the team and you think that was a wise decision??  That's not spin that's fact..:blink:

Don't you wish we had some of that money now? Or did you want to give it all to Revis. 

The Jets signed a second tier corner in Patterson who wasn't a bad player when he was healthy. You see Mac getting a bargain deal on an injured player like Clady and getting away with it. We'll see what happens if it doesn't work out like it didn't with Patterson. Actually Idzik tried to sign the two best FA corners that season but they chose other teams rather than wanting to play for the great Rex Ryan. 

The Jets signed a second tier corner in Patterson who wasn't a bad player when he was healthy. You see Mac getting a bargain deal on an injured player like Clady and getting away with it. We'll see what happens if it doesn't work out like it didn't with Patterson. Actually Idzik tried to sign the two best FA corners that season but they chose other teams rather than wanting to play for the great Rex Ryan. 

They went to where the most money was and that's also a fact.. That would have also been the best time to sign Mo to a deal..

11 minutes ago, Savage69 said:
6 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

They went to where the most money was and that's also a fact.. That would have also been the best time to sign Mo to a deal..

I don't think either GM wanted to sign Mo to a contract like that. Mac made a good deal for Marshall whose value had gone down so like Idzik he was shopping for deals and taking chances on injured players and guys with problems. And Idzik did spend money on receivers: he signed Decker and traded for Harvin. 

7 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

If we had great DB's under Idak Mac wouldn't have had to sign 4 the year would he??

Agreed, but I was just wondering who was available that he should have signed or was allowed to sign ?

35 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Don't you wish we had some of that money now? Or did you want to give it all to Revis. 

Did you wish we didnt spend last season during the 5 game winning streak, while we were winning and pushing towards a playoff spot?  Isnt that what you want for your money?  Dont remember an outcry that we needed to hold off on spending while we were winning games.  Its a nice spin a year after though.  Especially coming from someone who wants to give Fitz money just because

Idzik got killed by fans for passing on good receivers in the 2014 draft. But he got Pryor in round 1 and I'll take that guy. And the secondary was a weakness. Instead of a receiver in round two he took Amaro at a position we were weak at. And the guy was the leading rookie TE receiver that year. He had extra picks and later in the draft took 3 wide receivers. Two didn't make it one is a starter. I'll take that, too. In Mac's 2015 draft 2 out of his 6 draft picks he cut. So when you draft 12 guys what's the big deal there's no way you're keeping all 12. And 2 of the picks he cut were signed by other teams and he couldn't PS them. They were on active rosters and played. The 2 guys Mac cut weren't picked up by any team. 

3 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Agreed, but I was just wondering who was available that he should have signed or was allowed to sign ?

One DB a former Jet was available and he went to the Pats for a year and Cro went to the cards and had a good year for Bowles..And the other Cro  Dominique Rogers went to the Giants for more money.. 

24 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

No,they didnt sign a corner who wasnt bad when healthy.  They signed a flawed player who was always hurt first.  Makes a huge difference. 

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

One DB a former Jet was available and he went to the Pats for a year and Cro went to the cards and had a good year for Bowles..And the other Cro  Dominique Rogers went to the Giants for more money.. 

Cro had a bad year for the Jets in 2013 and nobody at that time complained about cutting him. And no one's complaining about letting him go now. And his contract for 2015 wasn't a good one for the Jets. 

Cro had a bad year for the Jets in 2013 and nobody at that time complained about cutting him. And no one's complaining about letting him go now. And his contract for 2015 wasn't a good one for the Jets. 

I agree on Cro who had hip problems in 2013 but I was answering a question for Tinstar on who was available..

27 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Well you negotiate and don't always offer the most money. He offered competitive deals. The guy he went after the most was Vontae Davis. He preferred re-signing with his own team. Most players would do the same thing if the money was close. That criticism was unwarranted and the spin on it orchestrated by Rex. And don't forget Idzik is the one who signed Marcus Williams who now might be a starting caliber corner. 

Archived