Buffalo News Writer: Rex Ryan Isn't That Smart

joewilly12

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I'm really enjoying the Buffalo Beat Writers working loop holes in the Media policy already.

Pretty funny and they are totally exhibiting why the new media policy is just plain stupid.  They will still find ways to report what they see.

This is hilarious! Circus be in town in buffalo lol

9 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

How'd that work out last year, with the incredibly brutal schedule they had last year? 

they fell short, had some key injuries they couldn't overcome but swept us and prevented us from going to the playoffs and he outcoached our coach both times.

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

I guess when you put it that way, Rex should have won coach of the year.

he failed just as our coach failed and most of the coaches in the league failed but his job was a lot harder than Bowles' job.  he had a team full of players that had never even been to the playoffs let alone make it and win and they had some key injuries.  Imagine us w/o Fitz, Ivory and Marshall for multiple games?  you think we win 10 games?

Just now, nyjunc said:

he failed just as our coach failed and most of the coaches in the league failed but his job was a lot harder than Bowles' job.  he had a team full of players that had never even been to the playoffs let alone make it and win and they had some key injuries.  Imagine us w/o Fitz, Ivory and Marshall for multiple games?  you think we win 10 games?

Wait, you have said on multiple occasions, that Fitz cost us the Bills game, and that Fitz is not a good QB, so why would losing him hurt? As for Rex out coaching Bowles, lol, both coaches did a crap job, the Jets executed like dog crap in both games, and still had a chance to win both games late, Rex out coached nobody in either of those two games, and Bowles had crap games both times, but Rex still did not out coach him. So to clear up your spin, did Fitz cost us the last Bills game, or did we lose because Rex out coached Bowles?

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Why make excuses for Rex. The one who does that consistently is always Rex via his leaks. We saw it here a million times. But Buff has had the Jets number the past two years. The worst coached of any of those games (even worse then last season week 17) was the snow bowl game in Detroit. When Rex had time to prepare and the Bills didn't. And they clocked us. Again he will always take the blame but later his flunkies will deliver his spin. Hey, the Buff writers can see through this and now they are talking about it. 

31 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Marshall doesn't win you six more games,. The main guy was Fitz who a very small percentage of Jets fans want to get rid of. And I mean very small. Hey Junc I guess your dream team would still be a reunion of Mark and Rex, Yeah,in the FXFL. Rex could then get his tattoo refreshed. But seriously. If Rex doesn't turn it around fast with the Bills, like within two more seasons and he's fighting with some of the press, He'll get fired again. Who's his mother going to blame then. I could see him going next into NCAAF where his BS might work in terms of recruiting. The thing is you gotta win. If you do you make a ton of money. 

14 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Wait, you have said on multiple occasions, that Fitz cost us the Bills game, and that Fitz is not a good QB, so why would losing him hurt? As for Rex out coaching Bowles, lol, both coaches did a crap job, the Jets executed like dog crap in both games, and still had a chance to win both games late, Rex out coached nobody in either of those two games, and Bowles had crap games both times, but Rex still did not out coach him. So to clear up your spin, did Fitz cost us the last Bills game, or did we lose because Rex out coached Bowles?

I have never said Fitz alone cost us that game.  I said Fitz stunk and was a major culprit but our D stunk, the coaching stunk, STs stunk,...Rex BADLY outcaoched Bowles in both especially week 17 where Bowles team was lifeless playing for the playoffs and rex's depleted team played hard for him.

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Why make excuses for Rex. The one who does that consistently is always Rex via his leaks. We saw it here a million times. But Buff has had the Jets number the past two years. The worst coached of any of those games (even worse then last season week 17) was the snow bowl game in Detroit. When Rex had time to prepare and the Bills didn't. And they clocked us. Again he will always take the blame but later his flunkies will deliver his spin. Hey, the Buff writers can see through this and now they are talking about it. 

we were awful in 2014 and had very little talent, to compare 2014 to 2015 just isn't fair.  Buf writers are acting like little children b/c they can't tweet OTA info.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Marshall doesn't win you six more games,. The main guy was Fitz who a very small percentage of Jets fans want to get rid of. And I mean very small. Hey Junc I guess your dream team would still be a reunion of Mark and Rex, Yeah,in the FXFL. Rex could then get his tattoo refreshed. But seriously. If Rex doesn't turn it around fast with the Bills, like within two more season and he's fighting with some of the press, He'll get fired again. I could see him going next into NCAAF where his BS might work in terms of recruiting. The thing is you gotta win. If you do you make a ton of money. 

Marshall was absolutely the biggest difference maker on our team.  marshall not here and Fitz starting we win 6-7 games, Geno starting w/ Marshall and we win 8-10 games.

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I have never said Fitz alone cost us that game.  I said Fitz stunk and was a major culprit but our D stunk, the coaching stunk, STs stunk,...Rex BADLY outcaoched Bowles in both especially week 17 where Bowles team was lifeless playing for the playoffs and rex's depleted team played hard for him.

we were awful in 2014 and had very little talent, to compare 2014 to 2015 just isn't fair.  Buf writers are acting like little children b/c they can't tweet OTA info.

Why should the Buff writers have anything against Rex. He's obviously a likable person (on the surface). But I think they are smart enough to see right through him. One reason our 2014 team sucked so bad was the coaching. We basically had the same play makers except for Marshall and Fitz. 

15 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Marshall was absolutely the biggest difference maker on our team.  marshall not here and Fitz starting we win 6-7 games, Geno starting w/ Marshall and we win 8-10 games.

I totally disagree with this,. You overrate Marshall who was at times erratic. He was a play maker but lost games via dumb plays, too. And dropped balls on key passes. Overall he was great but not six games better great. That distinction usually goes to a Qb. The straw that stirred the drink for us in 2015 was Fitz imo. 

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Why should the Buff writers have anything against Rex. He's obviously a likable person (on the surface). But I think they are smart enough to see right through him. One reason our 2014 team sucked so bad was the coaching. We basically had the same play makers except for Marshall and Fitz. 

the biggest reason our team sucked in 2014 was lack of talent.  

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I totally disagree with this,. You overrate Marshall who was at times erratic. He was a play maker but lost games via dumb plays, too. And dropped balls on key passes. Overall he was great but not six games better great. That distinction usually goes to a Qb. The straw that stirred the drink for us in 2015 was Fitz imo. 

Marshall was far and away our best player which is why he was named team MVP and not Fitz.  the only person overrating someone here is you w/ Fitz.

did he have drops? sure but he saved more bad balls than he dropped good passes.

6 games may be an exaggeration but he was the biggest difference maker on our team.

35 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

the biggest reason our team sucked in 2014 was lack of talent.  

Marshall was far and away our best player which is why he was named team MVP and not Fitz.  the only person overrating someone here is you w/ Fitz.

did he have drops? sure but he saved more bad balls than he dropped good passes.

6 games may be an exaggeration but he was the biggest difference maker on our team.

Look I agree that Marshall was a better Wr than Fitz was a Qb for the Jets in 2015. But imo our MVP was Fitz. He made the biggest difference and a Qb is more essential to a team than a wide receiver. But the players know more than I do. That's why they want Fitz to be our starting Qb in 2016. And are confident we can win with him. 

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look I agree that Marshall was a better Wr than Fitz was a Qb for the Jets in 2015. But imo our MVP was Fitz. He made the biggest different and a Qb is more essential to a team than a wide receiver. But the players know more than I do. That's why they want Fitz to be our starting Qb in 2016. And are confident we can win with him. 

his teammates disagreed w/ you as they gave Marshall the team MVP.

44 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I love how when a team doesn't execute, its because they were flat. How about they just got beat? The Bills spanked us 2 times 2 years ago, and the majority of the reason they did so is because they destroy us in the trenches. They did it when Rex was our coach, and they did it when Rex was their coach. Were we flat when Rex was our coach? oh, no, let me guess, we just were not good. So when Rex wins, its because of him, when he loses its because of someone else, sounds about right for Rex, he has you right where he wants you, hook line and sinker.

Rex did nothing to out coach anyone, nothing. If anyone did, and I don't even think he did, it was Roman out coached Bowles. Everyone knows Rex has nothing at all to do with the offense, which was the best unit on the field for either side that day. You do exactly what you accuse others of doing when you defend Sanchez, you start with your opinion, and then defend it to the death, regardless of anyones reality. 

1 minute ago, BowlesMovement said:

I love how when a team doesn't execute, its because they were flat. How about they just got beat? The Bills spanked us 2 times 2 years ago, and the majority of the reason they did so is because they destroy us in the trenches. They did it when Rex was our coach, and they did it when Rex was their coach. Were we flat when Rex was our coach? oh, no, let me guess, we just were not good. So when Rex wins, its because of him, when he loses its because of someone else, sounds about right for Rex, he has you right where he wants you, hook line and sinker.

Rex did nothing to out coach anyone, nothing. If anyone did, and I don't even think he did, it was Roman out coached Bowles. Everyone knows Rex has nothing at all to do with the offense, which was the best unit on the field for either side that day. You do exactly what you accuse others of doing when you defend Sanchez, you start with your opinion, and then defend it to the death, regardless of anyones reality. 

did you watch the game? our team had no energy, our team was spooked by the wind, our team made no adjustments defensively.  That's coaching and that's reality.

26 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

his teammates disagreed w/ you as they gave Marshall the team MVP.

And his teammates also want Fitz back as our starting Qb. Sure I'll listen to them. A Qb performance is a lot more than just stats and snapshots of failed plays and interceptions. Esp when we don't have inside info on the play called, whose responsibility was to do what and who really screwed it up. I didn't hear Fitz one time throw anyone under the bus or teammates throw him under the bus. And that shows leadership esp with a guy like Marshall who his previous team couldn't wait to get rid of and traded him for basically nothing. 

40 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

did you watch the game? our team had no energy, our team was spooked by the wind, our team made no adjustments defensively.  That's coaching and that's reality.

We lost by 5 points and had the ball with 44 seconds remaining in the game. We were in a position to win the game. We lost! If you play your B game and you're still in the contest at the end it isn't the disaster some of you keep raving and ranting about. Most seasons you get in with ten wins anyways. In 2009 we backed in with only 9 Ws. 

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

b/c they wanted to try to win for the first time Century.

so hire an imbecile to coach the team.  In fact, a guy who publicly proved himself to be an imbecile while with the Jets.  Got it.  Great strategy there.

18 minutes ago, Dcat said:

so hire an imbecile to coach the team.  In fact, a guy who publicly proved himself to be an imbecile while with the Jets.  Got it.  Great strategy there.

Look, I dislike Rex a lot and like the Buff writer think he's a phony. But he was a good DC with the Ravens and won 4 playoff games with us. I won't make excuses for that like he had Mangini's players, etc. But he deserved to get fired here after 4 years and no playoffs. He's not the world's worst coach: two of his last 3 seasons his teams finished with 8-8s. I think he deserves 2 more years. If with that team and talent no playoffs he should be out. And you can't say he hasn't had a lot of influence with the draft and personnel decisions with all 3 GMs he's worked with including Idzik. Predominantly D players. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Look, I dislike Rex a lot and like the Buff writer think he's a phony. But he was a good DC with the Ravens and won 4 playoff games with us. I won't make excuses for that like he had Mangini's players, etc. But he deserved to get fired here after 4 years and no playoffs. He's not the world's worst coach: two of his last 3 seasons his teams finished with 8-8s. I think he deserves 2 more years. If with that team and talent no playoffs he should be out. And you can't say he hadn't had a lot of influence with the draft and personnel decisions with all 3 GMs he's worked with including Idzik. Predominantly D players. 

Rex is a good DC.  He is a horrible HC and one of the dumbest in the league.  Sorry.

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Rex is a good DC.  He is a horrible HC and one of the dumbest in the league.  Sorry.

I don't think he's dumb. But at times embarrassing. Kind of strange too, like with the foot fetish fiasco. I mean there's weird "s" but that's near the top of the list. 

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

And his teammates also want Fitz back as our starting Qb. Sure I'll listen to them. A Qb performance is a lot more than just stats and snapshots of failed plays and interceptions. Esp when we don't have inside info on the play called, whose responsibility was to do what and who really screwed it up. I didn't hear Fitz one time throw anyone under the bus or teammates throw him under the bus. And that shows leadership esp with a guy like Marshall who his previous team couldn't wait to get rid of and traded him for basically nothing. 

I want him back too but it's not as simple as wanting him back.  

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

We lost by 5 points and had the ball with 44 seconds remaining in the game. We were in a position to win the game. We lost! If you play your B game and you're still in the contest at the end it isn't the disaster some of you keep raving and ranting about. Most seasons you get in with ten wins anyways. In 2009 we backed in with only 9 Ws. 

we had the ball at our 18 w/ no timeouts needing a TD.  Please stop.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

that imbecile is the only coach in our nearly 60 years to give us 2 chances to reach a Super Bowl.  while w/ the Jets he had one bad season, a season where his Gm sabotaged him b/c he wanted to hire his own coach.

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I want him back too but it's not as simple as wanting him back.  

we had the ball at our 18 w/ no timeouts needing a TD.  Please stop.

that imbecile is the only coach in our nearly 60 years to give us 2 chances to reach a Super Bowl.  while w/ the Jets he had one bad season, a season where his Gm sabotaged him b/c he wanted to hire his own coach.

No sabotage. He drafted all of Rex's D picks. Including secondary players. That cornerback issue is a joke. How's about coaching up the players he had like other teams did when they had injuries. Rex wasn't and isn't the GM but obviously his GMs including Idzik listened to him. He was even bragging recently about "his" trying to make a deal for Beckham. Doesn't sound like sabotage to me. 

On 5/24/2016 at 9:16 AM, nyjunc said:

in response to Tyler Dunne's tweet, it actually protects fans.  Most fans are idiots when it comes to football, no decisions are being made at an OTA but they feed fans info like QB #s and such and it means nothing but fans run with it and bash certain players and get their hopes up w/ other players.  This protects the fans from stupidity, we don't need this much info.

When you think about it, we should all thank Rex for protecting us from ourselves

I honestly dont believe he is dumb. He is a huckster full of bluster, who manipulates owners, players, fans and press with empty promises, smoke and mirrors and sound bites. His whole HC career has been based on this myth of him being a great DC which started when he was with the Ravens. In fact he is barely average but had success in Balt. by being blessed with great players. He is all foam and no beer.

Archived