Is Geno a leader?

BowlesMovement

1 hour ago, ljr said:

Good post 

i would debate you on 2 points still though

1. The amount of negative that Geno has built up over his time here is quite large in comparison to the amount of positive that you bring up.  So he really needs to be working extra hard to try and dig out of that hole.  The other part of this is performance wise we've seen a flat-line to his career  ... Rather than an upward trajectory that would give us more than blind faith hope at improved performance.

2. The other major point that I don't believe you're seeing.  I agree that a young kids game performance could be filled with more mistakes & errors in judgement than a player in years 4-5-6 etc (with external factors all being equal) ... But I really don't care how Fitz play compared 11 years ago, as a 21 year old in determining how he will do for the NYJ in 2016.  His recent history & Geno's recent history are stronger factors than what either did over a decade ago.

There's no need to even debate it. 

#1. You're correct. 

#2 I agree. I dont care how a guy on a rookie contract is compared to an 11 year vet. Its to be expected that its not much of a comparison just given the experience. 

I dont have a problem with anything above that you stated. My primary problem has always been the same if anyone truly followed what I've said. Jets fans continuously rehashing  incidents to the point that its turned into a soap opera. I mean honestly ljr, when has it become cool to talk about a guys "private pics"? Never right? Yet a situation that occurred 3 years ago Jets fans are still bringing up. This has nothing to do with football or leadership, yet this is what fans have basically been reduced to. 

Back in the 80's early 90's (before the internet) you had football players doing all kinds of stuff during their playing time. You know what fans were concerned about? What happened on the football field. However today??? Its like fans entire fandom is a players life outside of playing football. Its not like this dude is snorting/taking all kinds of drugs (Lawrence Taylor, Michael Irving), not like this dude is beating the breaks off of women (Greg Hardy), He's not participating in dog fights (Mike Vick), he wasnt accused of rape (Ben Roethilsberger).  

Like I said, no need to debate, you're right, but there's a point where you just got to let the sh*t go already. It's all there in the open, trust me...the internet isnt going anywhere. But if Geno is trying to get past it, trying to be a "leader" and Jets fans claim to know what a leader is then how about Jets fans lead by example and let the water clear the bridge already. You know how ridiculous it sounds continuously hearing fans talk about "leader/leadership" yet hear them talk about sh*t from 3 years ago as if it happened yesterday? I could understand if he's repeating the same situations, but thats not even it. Again, bane of their own fandom. 

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, JPPT1974 said:

Well just hope that Geno has matured. And really calmed own a bit. And the way Fitz situation is going. Geno needs to redeem himself.

I honestly think that punch was best thing for him.. Like Sanchez, we gave a rookie the keys without earning it.. While they should have sat and learned.. Ofcourse a young qb is going to be cocky if you give them such a honor of being the starting qb for a big time market without ever really earning it.. Geno was going to start last yr, but he disrespected a player... It was karma.. The players knew he deserved it.. But I also believe they realize he paid a BIG price and now are behind him after taking his punishment.. The players are beginning to see Fitz is all about himself.. He has zero allegiance to the jets.. But what is saving Fitz is we still need a #2.. 

20 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I honestly think that punch was best thing for him.. Like Sanchez, we gave a rookie the keys without earning it.. While they should have sat and learned.. Ofcourse a young qb is going to be cocky if you give them such a honor of being the starting qb for a big time market without ever really earning it.. Geno was going to start last yr, but he disrespected a player... It was karma.. The players knew he deserved it.. But I also believe they realize he paid a BIG price and now are behind him after taking his punishment.. The players are beginning to see Fitz is all about himself.. He has zero allegiance to the jets.. But what is saving Fitz is we still need a #2.. 

Both of these statements are false.  Most players are all about the money and they have a small window where they can make a lot of money.  They all know this and don't hold it against a guy for trying to get paid.  No one in the locker room held it against Revis for holding out.  

Fitz, Petty, and Geno are all liked by their teammates.  The players just want the best guy to play QB.

30 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Both of these statements are false.  Most players are all about the money and they have a small window where they can make a lot of money.  They all know this and don't hold it against a guy for trying to get paid.  No one in the locker room held it against Revis for holding out.  

Fitz, Petty, and Geno are all liked by their teammates.  The players just want the best guy to play QB.

Lol well let's please first not compare a career journeyman qb playing hardball to the best player at his position at the time ( revis ) holding out?.. But you are right that most players know its business first.. However, players also have a ego about what each otherget paid.. Tell me Brandon Marshall doesnt at least think " I'm making 9.5 mil, Fitz is stomping his feet expecting to be paid more than me ?" And they are getting tired of the drama.. Many will get tired knowing they are making peanuts compared to what Fitz is demanding, but they are killing themselves in the summer heat of camp while Fitz is still playing with his kid in the tree.. They will begin to back geno, who is working hard, for a fraction of what Fitz wants, working through knowing Fitz can come in any day and take his job..  

What a mindless thread. I'm throwing a big party when this POS wannabe 'leader' is off this team.  In fact, Mac should hand in his resignation for even allowing him to remain on this roster. My first order of business would have been to cut Geno before the ink dried after signing the contract to become GM of the Jets. Oh well, everyone has their faults. Just get it together Mac and clean up Idziot's mess starting with the biggest mistake that knucklehead made drafting that pompous pretender ( Geno QB ?).

49 minutes ago, Powpow said:

What a mindless thread. I'm throwing a big party when this POS wannabe 'leader' is off this team.  In fact, Mac should hand in his resignation for even allowing him to remain on this roster. My first order of business would have been to cut Geno before the ink dried after signing the contract to become GM of the Jets. Oh well, everyone has their faults. Just get it together Mac and clean up Idziot's mess starting with the biggest mistake that knucklehead made drafting that pompous pretender ( Geno QB ?).

Wow!  And I caught sh*t stating he couldn't tell time and mindlessly provoked IK.

On July 20, 2016 at 1:27 PM, EM31 said:

Harvin was a Superbowl MVP the year we got him.  He was a game changer when we had him.  A head case? Sure.  But a game changer nonetheless.  Percy Harvin was not nothing just because it suits Geno lovers arguments to portray him that way.

Decker started 15 games both years.

Why do you people insist on making things up?

Lol Harvin joined mid-year. I guess chemistry n timing are two very overrated attributes between QBs n WRs. Oh, n Holmes was also a SB MVP so I guess Geno was loaded with MVPs. Did I mention both of those SB MVPs are out of the league at a time they were supposed to be in their prime?

n Decker WAS hurt for several wks. Nothing is made up. Stop looking at one dimensional stats n closets full of SB MVP trophies to form an opinion. 

1 hour ago, Powpow said:

Says a Fitznut

27 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Lol Harvin joined mid-year. I guess chemistry n timing are two very overrated attributes between QBs n WRs. Oh, n Holmes was also a SB MVP so I guess Geno was loaded with MVPs. Did I mention both of those SB MVPs are out of the league at a time they were supposed to be in their prime?

n Decker WAS hurt for several wks. Nothing is made up. Stop looking at one dimensional stats n closets full of SB MVP trophies to form an opinion. 

Decker was hurt both years but made the same number of starts... 15 out of 16 games started in each year.  Even if you want to assume that the severity of his injury was greater in 2014 and he tried to come back too early that still does not get you to the points that some have made here that Decker was effectively useless in 2014 for Geno and and all-pro in 2015 for Fitzpatrick.  This is the "made up" sh1t to which I was referring. 

Holmes was beyond his sell-by date and also coming off a far more severe injury.  However the discussion here was between the 2014 Jets offense and the 2015 Jets offense and Santonio Holmes was gone and already a Chicago Bear by that point.

A far more reasonable take on the 2014/2015 question of offensive talent is that the majority of the improvement was not primarily because of the supporting cast but in fact it was because of the change in the leading actor.

35 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Decker was hurt both years but made the same number of starts... 15 out of 16 games started in each year.  Even if you want to assume that the severity of his injury was greater in 2014 and he tried to come back too early that still does not get you to the points that some have made here that Decker was effectively useless in 2014 for Geno and and all-pro in 2015 for Fitzpatrick.  This is the "made up" sh1t to which I was referring. 

Holmes was beyond his sell-by date and also coming off a far more severe injury.  However the discussion here was between the 2014 Jets offense and the 2015 Jets offense and Santonio Holmes was gone and already a Chicago Bear by that point.

A far more reasonable take on the 2014/2015 question of offensive talent is that the majority of the improvement was not primarily because of the supporting cast but in fact it was because of the change in the leading actor.

Decker wasn't the same player, his leg injuries in 2014 and playing out of position. Anyone who actually watched the games knows this. 

Harvin was useless.  As is any post that tries to make the 2014 unit, before the CS changes into the same or similar state.  Harvin was Marshall?  Lol, in the couple of games he played with Geno?  Are we that desperate to protect Fitz, we're just making it up as we go?  Anyone with a straight face thinks the supporting cast was the equal of the other is either making a case for Fitz or blind to the truth.

None of this takes into account the CS, OC and the defense being a better unit. 

8 hours ago, EM31 said:

For majority of the season, Decker was paired with a combination of Kerley, Nelson, Hill n even Salas on the outside. That half of the season was when he was injured n when you're the only decent WR on the team, you better be more than 100% fit to be effective. With Marshall on one side commanding double team, Decker could've played at 80% n still be far more effective than at any point last season. 

First 9 games before the bye: 450 yards  (50 yards per game)

Last 6 game: 512 yards (85 yards a game)

Marshall created a domino effect at WR where Decker no longer was the lone wolf. He didn't have to face double team constantly. Devin Smith or Enunwa (Kerley n Hill of 2014) weren't asked to start games. So that's an improvement at #2,#3 n #4 WR spot. Then you have to look at #1 spot in both years. Decker as #1 in '14 vs. Marshall in '15. There's really no comparison between the two groups of WRs. 

We can talk about the "leading actor" but we're not comparing apples to apples. A rusty Geno put up a decent game last year even though the D knew we were going to pass most of the game. Sample size doesn't even exist but Geno was leading the QB battle last off season before Fitz became the starter by default. 

Geno is as good as Fitz. Just look at Fitz' games when he didn't have a check down option (Powell). 

On 7/22/2016 at 0:26 AM, detectivekimble said:

You have no idea what you're talking about.  And get out of here with your bullsh*t start stats.  He was pulled in the second half of the GB game (that counted as a start).  He played a series in the Bears game (that counts as a start).  

The fact of the matter is that he hurt his hammy before the season started and didn't recover until the end of the season.  He forced himself to play with a hamstring injury and was not himself for most the year.

Decker did caution he won’t make the same mistake as he did last year, when he rushed back following a hamstring injury.

“I’m going to be smart about it this time around,” he said.

http://nypost.com/2015/09/22/brandon-marshall-may-be-unlocking-the-star-in-eric-decker/

I guess you know more about Eric Decker's hamstring than Eric Decker.

And Harvin was an explosive player, but he wasn't a great WR.  He had zero 1,000 yard seasons and 4,000 career receiving yards.  Marshall is a GREAT WR and is playing his way into the HOF.  You're a fool if you think Harvin was even close to the WR that Marshall is.

This. 

12 hours ago, EM31 said:

It's not an assumption, it's a fact.  And you fail to understand how important and how good Marshall and Decker are as a duo and individually.  Take one away and the offense takes a big hit.  They are MUCH more important than Fitzpatrick.  

Your argument that the improvement of the offense from 2014 to 2015 was mostly because of Fitz is laughable.  It's because the Jets had a healthy (for the most part) Marshall and Decker.  That's a lethal duo.  Decker missed one game in 2015.  And Fitz and the offense looked like utter sh*t in that game.  That's not a coincidence.  When Decker left the Green Bay game in 2014 with an injury, the offense stalled.  That's not a coincidence.

Is Ryan Fitzpatrick better than Geno Smith?  Yes.  But make no mistake about it, Decker and Marshall are the NY Jets offense.

7 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

It's not an assumption, it's a fact.  And you fail to understand how important and how good Marshall and Decker are as a duo and individually.  Take one away and the offense takes a big hit.  They are MUCH more important than Fitzpatrick.  

Your argument that the improvement of the offense from 2014 to 2015 was mostly because of Fitz is laughable.  It's because the Jets had a healthy (for the most part) Marshall and Decker.  That's a lethal duo.  Decker missed one game in 2015.  And Fitz and the offense looked like utter sh*t in that game.  That's not a coincidence.  When Decker left the Green Bay game in 2014 with an injury, the offense stalled.  That's not a coincidence.

Is Ryan Fitzpatrick better than Geno Smith?  Yes.  But make no mistake about it, Decker and Marshall are the NY Jets offense.

It is an absurd position to say that a WR is more important than the quarterback.

Decker missed one game in BOTH years.

12 hours ago, j4jets said:

For majority of the season, Decker was paired with a combination of Kerley, Nelson, Hill n even Salas on the outside. That half of the season was when he was injured n when you're the only decent WR on the team, you better be more than 100% fit to be effective. With Marshall on one side commanding double team, Decker could've played at 80% n still be far more effective than at any point last season. 

First 9 games before the bye: 450 yards  (50 yards per game)

Last 6 game: 512 yards (85 yards a game)

Marshall created a domino effect at WR where Decker no longer was the lone wolf. He didn't have to face double team constantly. Devin Smith or Enunwa (Kerley n Hill of 2014) weren't asked to start games. So that's an improvement at #2,#3 n #4 WR spot. Then you have to look at #1 spot in both years. Decker as #1 in '14 vs. Marshall in '15. There's really no comparison between the two groups of WRs. 

We can talk about the "leading actor" but we're not comparing apples to apples. A rusty Geno put up a decent game last year even though the D knew we were going to pass most of the game. Sample size doesn't even exist but Geno was leading the QB battle last off season before Fitz became the starter by default. 

Geno is as good as Fitz. Just look at Fitz' games when he didn't have a check down option (Powell). 

Geno was the 39th rated QB in the NFL among starters with enough starts to qualify.  That is not just brutally bad it is historically bad.

Geno is not as good as Fitzpatrick and everyone including the Jets front office knows it.  That does not make Fitzpatrick good it just makes him orders of magnitude better than crusted-over, well-fermented dogsh1t.

If Geno is as good as Fitz then why offer $12 million and the starting job to a free agent when you already have a player under contract and on the team for effectively zero dollars?  Why offer $12 million and the starting job to a free agent when you have just one single year left to find out what you really have with Geno Smith?  Why?  Because you already know what you have with Geno Smith.  That is why.

47 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Geno was the 39th rated QB in the NFL among starters with enough starts to qualify.  That is not just brutally bad it is historically bad.

Geno is not as good as Fitzpatrick and everyone including the Jets front office knows it.  That does not make Fitzpatrick good it just makes him orders of magnitude better than crusted-over, well-fermented dogsh1t.

If Geno is as good as Fitz then why offer $12 million and the starting job to a free agent when you already have a player under contract and on the team for effectively zero dollars?  Why offer $12 million and the starting job to a free agent when you have just one single year left to find out what you really have with Geno Smith?  Why?  Because you already know what you have with Geno Smith.  That is why.

How do we know what Geno Smith can do with the same offense that Ryan Fitzpatrick seemed to have a career year with just because haters like you say he sucks means nothing last time I checked you werent an NFL coach,expert,former player,jock washer. 

Absolutely not, I thought this was established already. Getting knocked out by a rookie in a locker room full of Vets, should be proof enough. I am sure many of you in the workplace and all the fellow Vets on this board can spot a leader easily. In the military it is so evident when some one a leader and is able to focus and lead, at times a bunch of dogs looking to fight and keeping them on task. While at the same time staying cool under pressure no matter what the circumstances. That translates to football as well.

1 minute ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Absolutely not, I thought this was established already. Getting knocked out by a rookie in a locker room full of Vets, should be proof enough. I am sure many of you in the workplace and all the fellow Vets on this board can spot a leader easily. In the military it is so evident when some one a leader and is able to focus and lead, at times a bunch of dogs looking to fight and keeping them on task. While at the same time staying cool under pressure no matter what the circumstances. That translates to football as well.

So what is Fitzpatrick then being that 5 teams prior to the Jets didnt keep him longterm the Jets made 6 

6 teams out of 32 

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

How do we know what Geno Smith can do with the same offense that Ryan Fitzpatrick seemed to have a career year with just because haters like you say he sucks means nothing last time I checked you werent an NFL coach,expert,former player,jock washer. 

The thing is Joe, Geno may have matured and learned from his mistakes and may have elevated his play. He may play better with BM and Decker, we may soon find out. I just think after seeing some the decisions he make and the way he reads defenses,the sacks in the end zone along with 20-30 yard sacks. He may come out and play a lot better, if he is our starter I hope he becomes our franchise guy. I am a I will believe it when I see it type of guy, but as far as a leader I don't see it at all.

5 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

The thing is Joe, Geno may have matured and learned from his mistakes and may have elevated his play. He may play better with BM and Decker, we may soon find out. I just think after seeing some the decisions he make and the way he reads defenses,the sacks in the end zone along with 20-30 yard sacks. He may come out and play a lot better, if he is our starter I hope he becomes our franchise guy. I am a I will believe it when I see it type of guy, but as far as a leader I don't see it at all.

Fair enough but he's done nothing for us not to give him a chance as the team leader and thats what I think Macc and Bowles are saying and doing right now. We cannot pay Ryan Fitzpatrick crazy money he's 34 years old we need to move on. If Geno isn't the answer Ryan Fitzpatrick certainly isn't either. 

35 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Know one knows, which is what he's ignoring. To prove that, the same ridiculous article that had Geno dead last had Nick Foles the best QB and Josh McCown 3rd best in the league. 

What are Nick Foles and Josh McCown today? The fact that Nick Foles and Josh McCown were both top 3 QB's should have been suspect enough, but of course if Geno Smith is dead last on the list then who cares about how much sense the article makes overall right? 2ndly, the article doesnt matter because 2 of the top 3 guys on that same list are bench players today. HOW THE HECK DOES THAT HAPPEN lmao!  Goes to show how insignificant the article is. So if the top guys can "fall from grace" then that means that a guy that was considered dead last could also improve. 

The argument is more of a weak "diss" to Geno than it is anything close to something relevant or worthy of considering. Kinda like ignoring how Decker was injured thoughout 2014, removing himself from multiple games yet saying that Decker was fine because he played in as many games as he did this past season while at the same time ignoring the fact that Decker didnt have to remove himself from any of the games he started this past season because he actually recovered from his injury. 

Its Geno hate Joe. We both know what it is. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So what is Fitzpatrick then being that 5 teams prior to the Jets didnt keep him longterm the Jets made 6 

6 teams out of 32 

You keep saying that but what does it have to do with anything. He started at the bottom as a 7th round draft pick out of Harvard. And was drafted by the Rams. The teams he's played on had losing records. A lot of NFL Qbs don't have stellar playoff resumes. Carson Palmer has been in 3 playoff games since 2004 and won only one. The important thing is last season not ten years ago. How he ran our offense and the production of the offense. And the team's W-L record. I will take that. It's the best we've had in years. And hopefully we can build on that. Maybe week 17 was a wake up call for the Jets players. If they're in the same situation this year maybe the outcome is better. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You keep saying that but what does it have to do with anything. He started at the bottom as a 7th round draft pick out of Harvard. And was drafted by the Rams. The teams he's played on had losing records. A lot of NFL Qbs don't have stellar playoff resumes. Carson Palmer has been in 3 playoff games since 2004 and won only one. The important thing is last season not ten years ago. How he ran our offense and the production of the offense. And the team's W-L record. I will take that. It's the best we've had in years. And hopefully we can build on that. Maybe week 17 was a wake up call for the Jets players. If they're in the same situation this year maybe the outcome is better. 

It says no team thought enough of him as a leader or starting QB to retain his services the man  the myth the legend Ryan Fitzpatrick 

It says alot

Carlson Palmer sucks he has also won nothing in the NFL 

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

6 teams out of 32 

I'm not saying Fitz is the answer. He is a smarter QB at times. He knows the system better and from what I saw showed leadership. I would say that's why BM and Decker want him back and to me that sums it up.

2 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I'm not saying Fitz is the answer. He is a smarter QB at times. He knows the system better and from what I saw showed leadership. I would say that's why BM and Decker want him back and to me that sums it up.

That sums nothing up Marshall was all over Geno if you remember correctly. Players dont pick the players they play with. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Well, if this ^^^^^ is the case then maybe Geno should get a pardon for playing on those sh*tty as Jets teams, especially since Fitz already had an opportunity with one of the most talented Jets teams in recent memory and the easiest schedule I've ever seen the Jets have and couldnt convert that to a playoff birth. 

Fitz had 11 years worth of trying, and I do agree, many of his teams were bad, but that Bills team that started out 4-0 wasnt one of them. And when I think about it, I dont think Fitzpatrick had a team around him that was less talented than what Geno had in 2013/2014. Given that comparisons really dont work, what I can say is that last year was a playoff year for the Jets, everything was lined up for us, yet Fitz didnt get the job done when the pressure was on. 

Like you said, the important thing is last season, not ten years ago. This past January 3rd the Jets were in control of their own destiny, and Fitzpatrick threw the game away. Something that I said he'd do back on November 22nd of last year. People laughed at me when the jets went undefeated in the month of December, sh*t, Fitz even had me convinced after the week 16 game against the Pats. But AS SOON as I reconsidered my position he did exactly what I was worried all season about in the last game of the season....throwing 3 INT's in the 4th qtr to end our season against his former team and our former coach. 

Talk about failing with flying colors my friend. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

It says no team thought enough of him as a leader or starting QB to retain his services the man  the myth the legend Ryan Fitzpatrick 

It says alot

Carlson Palmer sucks he has also won nothing in the NFL 

Palmer is a franchise Qb. But part of what you say about Fitz is true. No team other than Buff committed themselves to him as a starting Qb. But if we're talking one year, 2016 and who gives us our best chance to win it's Fitzpatrick. That's all I care about. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

That sums nothing up Marshall was all over Geno if you remember correctly. Players dont pick the players they play with. 

That is true but that was before the season started. Look neither of these guys are the answer, so to me until we find our guy things will be status quo. Hopefully by next year Hack is our guy. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Palmer is a franchise Qb. But part of what you say about Fitz is true. No team other than Buff committed themselves to him as a starting Qb. But if we're talking one year, 2016 and who gives us our best chance to win it's Fitzpatrick. That's all I care about. 

Based on the scenario last season (easiest schedule, most talented Jets team) and Fitz couldnt convert that into a playoff appearance then I dont know if Fitz gives this Jets team the best chance to win. The goal is to make the playoffs, not compare 10 wins this year to 4 wins last year. Fitz didnt get it done when the deck was completely stacked in our favor. 

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well, if this ^^^^^ is the case then maybe Geno should get a pardon for playing on those sh*tty as Jets teams, especially since Fitz already had an opportunity with one of the most talented Jets teams in recent memory and the easiest schedule I've ever seen the Jets have and couldnt convert that to a playoff birth. 

Fitz had 11 years worth of trying, and I do agree, many of his teams were bad, but that Bills team that started out 4-0 wasnt one of them. And when I think about it, I dont think Fitzpatrick had a team around him that was less talented than what Geno had in 2013/2014. Given that comparisons really dont work, what I can say is that last year was a playoff year for the Jets, everything was lined up for us, yet Fitz didnt get the job done when the pressure was on. 

Like you said, the important thing is last season, not ten years ago. This past January 3rd the Jets were in control of their own destiny, and Fitzpatrick threw the game away. Something that I said he'd do back on November 22nd of last year. People laughed at me when the jets went undefeated in the month of December, sh*t, Fitz even had me convinced after the week 16 game against the Pats. But AS SOON as I reconsidered my position he did exactly what I was worried all season about in the last game of the season....throwing 3 INT's in the 4th qtr to end our season against his former team and our former coach. 

Talk about failing with flying colors my friend. 

Geno had talent in 2014 and he was terrible. We had good players that season on offense who were not oh the Jets in 2015 including Chris Johnson, Amaro, Harvin, etc. The only real difference was Marshall. And that was a big difference. And Decker started more games in 2014 than he did in 2015 and had similar stats except for one stat. Tds. He had seven more in 2015.  Because he had a better Qb. 

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Geno had talent in 2014 and he was terrible. We had good players that season on offense who were not oh the Jets in 2015 including Chris Johnson, Amaro, Harvin, etc. The only real difference was Marshall. And that was a big difference. And Decker started more games in 2014 than he did in 2015 and had similar stats except for one stat. Tds. He had seven more in 2015.  Because he had a better Qb. 

He had and injured Eric Decker, who when he was on the field was doubled most of the time given the fact that Geno had no other talent on the field. 

"We had good players that season". Chris Johnson wasnt even put on the field. Jace Amaro was a rookie, Harvin was useless coming to the team late october and he's never even been a respected WR, more of a respected athlete in space, which is why he was respected as a return specialist and not a WR (when Geno is actually on the field). 

The real difference wasnt just Marshall, it was Jame Carpenter, it was Todd Bowles, it was Chan Gailey, it was Quincy Enunwa, it was Mike Maccagnan, it was Gailey knowing how to use Powell. 

Your position is insane. Keep pretending like it was "just marshall" and that 2015 was the same. The 2015 Jets defense in that Colts game had as many turnovers in that game than the Defense did all of 2014. Something that the Jets offense directly took advantage of. You go figure that one out. 

14 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Rangers9 I hate like hell to keep reminding you in 2015 we had the easiest schedule in the NFL and only beat 2 teams with wining records Fitzpatrick stepped into a perfect situation. Was he good yes hell yes he played lights out not going to deny that. 

Archived