8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Geno had talent in 2014 and he was terrible. We had good players that season on offense who were not oh the Jets in 2015 including Chris Johnson, Amaro, Harvin, etc. The only real difference was Marshall. And that was a big difference. And Decker started more games in 2014 than he did in 2015 and had similar stats except for one stat. Tds. He had seven more in 2015.  Because he had a better Qb. 

Amaro always hurt CJ was garbage here Harvin hurt you do recall his top WRs Gates and Nelson 

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The answer is NO. And truthfully, if every Jets fan is being honest with themselves then there wouldn't be any argument about Geno. Getting popped in the jaw because you chose to stiff a guy over a me

Geno sucks Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Geno is not a leader! He's proved he can't play. Jets have drafted qb's last 2 yrs because they know he sucks Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Rangers9 I hate like hell to keep reminding you in 2015 we had the easiest schedule in the NFL and only beat 2 teams with wining records Fitzpatrick stepped into a perfect situation. Was he good yes hell yes he played lights out not going to deny that. 

We also beat the Colts in week 2 and the previous year they were in the AFC Championship. 

Chris Johnson wasn't our main running back but he had almost 700 rushing yards and about 150 on receptions. That's not a bad piece. We also had Ivory and Powell. Decker was activated and started in 15 games and had almost 1000 yards receiving. In 2015 he started only 13 games. If you are activated and start you are healthy enough to play. Everybody in the NFL plays injured. Decker was injured in 2015, too. It's a non excuse. We had talent on offense except at Qb.

We also beat the Colts in week 2 and the previous year they were in the AFC Championship. 

You have said all along you don't care what Fitz did in the past, and only cared about what he did last year.

The same thought process does not apply to the team's the Jets played last year?

Who cares if the Colts played in the AFCCG 2 years ago? Last year the Colts were a non-winning football team. That week 2 win was no big deal.

• Upvote 1

The amazing thing will all Fitz vs Geno debates is that fans seemingly know for certain what the Jets have in Geno based on 2 years with abysmal offensive weapons and a HC who was allergic to offense.  And then a lost season in 2015 due a Rex holdover loose cannon. Yet , based on one season 2015 where the stars aligned(great offensive talent, paired with an OC  he's worked with before, easiest schedule in the NFL) fans want to believe that Fitz will repeat last years success while there's 11+ years evidence supporting the fact that it probably wont happen. 

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

You have said all along you don't care what Fitz did in the past, and only cared about what he did last year.

The same thought process does not apply to the team's the Jets played last year?

Who cares if the Colts played in the AFCCG 2 years ago? Last year the Colts were a non-winning football team. That week 2 win was no big deal.

It wasn't two years ago. It was their last game in 2014 or 3 games ago. And your games weren't exactly overwhelming against a similar schedule. You lost to the Eagles and only beat the Giants by 1. And your JV team lost to us. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

It wasn't two years ago. It was their last game in 2014 or 3 games ago. And your games weren't exactly overwhelming against a similar schedule. You lost to the Eagles and only beat the Giants by 1. And your JV team lost to us. 

Why waste your time with Tx?  The guy thinks anyone who has ever held a clipboard for Brady was the next Steve Young

Just now, drdetroit said:

Why waste your time with Tx?  The guy thinks anyone who has ever held a clipboard for Brady was the next Steve Young

I'll take him vs our own fans ripping us apart and trying to make excuses for winning. 

The Pats went 12-4 (just like they always do) and played in their 5th straight AFCCG.

With the same easy schedule, the Jets failed to make the playoffs for their 5th straight year.

See the difference?

26 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

The Pats went 12-4 (just like they always do) and played in their 5th straight AFCCG.

With the same easy schedule, the Jets failed to make the playoffs for their 5th straight year.

See the difference?

You're better, no kidding. We won ten games a record good enough to make the playoffs. We didn't get in because of tiebreakers and our own incompetency on the field on week 17. But most seasons that record gets you in. And two teams with 10 Ws and one with 9 got in last year.  I don't see your fans ripping you for not killing every opponent. Including the Bills who played competitive games against your team. The bottom line in the NFL is there is mostly parity. The games are usually very close. A team with a bad record is sometimes very competitive. The W-L record doesn't always reflect that. Your team is famous for stealing games they don't play great in for 60 minutes. Teams with losing records don't win those games. But this doesn't mean they don't have talent or aren't competitive. This SOS argument isn't an end all be all one because it changes from season to season and even during the season. Nobody expected the Colts to not be a good team in 2014 or the Panthers to win 15 games and go to the SB. Teams on our schedule this coming season who are supposed to be so tough, some of them like the Colts in 2015 are going to have off years. And others predicted to be below .500 will win more games. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

40 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

PatsFan still has a valid point though. You said that we shouldnt care about any other year except what Fitz did this past season, well, it doesnt matter what the Colts did before this past season. The Colts were one of the worst teams in the NFL even before Andrew Luck's injury. 

This is a Colts team that got smoked by the Bills week 1 and picked off Luck twice, then got smoked again by the Jets picking off Luck 3 times. The Colts didnt win their division and didnt make the playoffs and ended the season as one of the worst teams in the NFL. 

What did Fitzpatrick do against the team that actually WON that AFC south division? Didnt the Jets lose to the Texans given the INT that Fitzpatrick threw on 1st down of the 4th quarter 2:00 warning drive? Fitz threw that pick on the VERY FIRST PLAY of the Jets 2:00 warning drive. Didnt the Texans hold Fitzpatrick to a 48% completion rate while picking him off twice? 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

PatsFan still has a valid point though. You said that we shouldnt care about any other year except what Fitz did this past season, well, it doesnt matter what the Colts did before this past season. The Colts were one of the worst teams in the NFL even before Andrew Luck's injury. 

This is a Colts team that got smoked by the Bills week 1 and picked off Luck twice, then got smoked again by the Jets picking off Luck 3 times. The Colts didnt win their division and didnt make the playoffs. 

What did Fitzpatrick do against the team that actually WON that AFC south division? Didnt the Jets lose to the Texans given the INT that Fitzpatrick threw on 1st down of his 4th down 2:00 warning drive? Fitz threw that pick on the VERY FIRST PLAY of the Jets 2:00 warning drive? Didnt the Texans hold Fitzpatrick to a 48% completion rate while picking him off twice? 

I'm talking about other years in Fitz's career not the team. And again I think he wasn't a bad Qb and started 105 games. The bottom line is what Fitz did with this team and this offense last season not what he did with the Rams or Titans in the past. As for 2015 all of our losses under Fitz were by 7 points and under. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I'm talking about other years in Fitz's career not the team. And again I think he wasn't a bad Qb and started 105 games. The bottom line is what Fitz did with this team and this offense last season not what he did with the Rams or Titans in the past. As for 2015 all of our losses under Fitz were by 7 points and under. 

I know what you're talking about, this is why @PatsFanTX is calling you out for the convenient circumstances that you're putting forth in order to support Fitzpatrick. 

I know all of our losses were by 7 points and under given that the defense kept all of those teams outside of 1 Pats game to 24 points or less. The problem was Fitzpatrick not being able to put up more than 17 points in all of those games except for that Pats game. 

17 points! Goes to show how well that defense was when you can lose all those games by a TD or less then you turn around and realize that it was the Fitz led offense that couldnt muster more than 17 points while completing under 50% completion rate and/or on numerous occasions throwing game ending picks (Texans, Bills twice). 

Look you are never going to get perfect circumstances in every season to compare players. Or even during the season. You can say a good player was injured or the weather was bad, etc. It's never going to be exact. Even last year when Geno played in one game with the same players, etc. all I hear is excuses. He was cold going into the game, he didn't get enough reps in practice, there's a million of them. So you have to go with results. The results were in 2015 we won ten games off of a 4 W season. And had a much better offense and the Qb play was the best we had in years. The guy threw 31 Td passes. It wasn't a perfect season but it was a good season. I know I liked it a lot. I didn't like 2014 esp the Qb play. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:
6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look you are never going to get perfect circumstances in every season to compare players. Or even during the season. You can say a good player was injured or the weather was bad, etc. It's never going to be exact. Even last year when Geno played in one game with the same players, etc. all I hear is excuses. He was cold going into the game, he didn't get enough reps in practice, there's a million of them. So you have to go with results. The results were in 2015 we won ten games off of a 4 W season. And had a much better offense and the Qb play was the best we had in years. The guy threw 31 Td passes. It wasn't a perfect season but it was a good season. I know I liked it a lot. I didn't like 2014 esp the Qb play. 

If Fitz starts then I will be the biggest Fitz fan in the world, because I bleed green since 1976.  The sad thing is though for all Jet fans, is that if he plays at he level that he played last year, we will be a 6 or 7 win team.  He needs to outplay his play from 2015.  I hope he does.  

His history though says he's gonna win 6.6 games out of 16.  That's why I say (BEFORE TC and THE SEASON), that he's not worth signing.

22 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If Fitz starts then I will be the biggest Fitz fan in the world, because I bleed green since 1976.  The sad thing is though for all Jet fans, is that if he plays at he level that he played last year, we will be a 6 or 7 win team.  He needs to outplay his play from 2015.  I hope he does.  

His history though says he's gonna win 6.6 games out of 16.  That's why I say (BEFORE TC and THE SEASON), that he's not worth signing.

4 hours ago, EM31 said:

Geno was the 39th rated QB in the NFL among starters with enough starts to qualify.  That is not just brutally bad it is historically bad.

There's a cause n then there's an effect. Geno haters talk about the effect. They ignore the cause. That plus it was Geno's sophomore year. Imagine starting Hack this year n next year n then trying to compare him with an 11 year vet. Even then, Geno beat him in the off season while the competition lasted.

Geno is not as good as Fitzpatrick and everyone including the Jets front office knows it.  That does not make Fitzpatrick good it just makes him orders of magnitude better than crusted-over, well-fermented dogsh1t.

Casserly certainly thinks Geno was outplaying Fitz before the injury but I admit he's not part of the FO. 

If Geno is as good as Fitz then why offer $12 million and the starting job to a free agent when you already have a player under contract and on the team for effectively zero dollars?  Why offer $12 million and the starting job to a free agent when you have just one single year left to find out what you really have with Geno Smith?  Why?  Because you already know what you have with Geno Smith.  That is why.

$12 mil offer is misleading. Fitz said he'll sign a one year deal worth $12 mil. Jets are offering him a 3 year deal worth 8mil a year. Doesn't matter how they are breaking it down ($6mil a year in base plus $6mil in signing bonus?).

For the record, Geno is the reason Fitz is still unemployed. Without Geno, Jets would've folded long time ago n paid a journeyman QB twice his worth. How come no one in the NFL thinks that highly of Fitz as the Fitznuts do? For all its worth right now, Geno is making a mil while Fitz is collecting $400 a wk in unemployment checks. 

Just now, YankeeJet22 said:

We aren't going to be a 6 or 7 win team. Let me make that perfectly clear. If you want to be pessimistic be my guest. My intention this season is to have a fun time.  Keep cherry picking guys if your goal is to present the worst of Fitz. You can do it for any player including Marshall. The thing was there are a lot more positives.

I know what you're talking about, this is why @PatsFanTX is calling you out for the convenient circumstances that you're putting forth in order to support Fitzpatrick. 

I know all of our losses were by 7 points and under given that the defense kept all of those teams outside of 1 Pats game to 24 points or less. The problem was Fitzpatrick not being able to put up more than 17 points in all of those games except for that Pats game. 

17 points! Goes to show how well that defense was when you can lose all those games by a TD or less then you turn around and realize that it was the Fitz led offense that couldnt muster more than 17 points while completing under 50% completion rate and/or on numerous occasions throwing game ending picks (Texans, Bills twice). 

That's kinda my point VTF.

Good/Great teams always figure out a way to win the close games. God only knows the Pats have won many games over the last 15 years they had no right in winning.

Keep the game close, make the big plays down the stretch and you will win more close games than you will lose.

• Upvote 2
48 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

That's kinda my point VTF.

Good/Great teams always figure out a way to win the close games. God only knows the Pats have won many games over the last 15 years they had no right in winning.

Keep the game close, make the big plays down the stretch and you will win more close games than you will lose.

The Pats have been cheating their asses off for 15 years, that is the sole reason they won games they had no right winning.

The Pats have been cheating their asses off for 15 years, that is the sole reason they won games they had no right winning.

And CrapMovement chips in with his usual whiny, envious, stupid post to ruin a good thread.

Why don't you go to Chucky Cheese and watch the babies crawl around?

Just now, PatsFanTX said:

And CrapMovement chips in with his usual whiny, envious, stupid post to ruin a good thread.

Why don't you go to Chucky Cheese and watch the babies crawl around?

Lol, I hit a nerve huh, going to personal attacks now? For the record, I'm not reporting you, so when a mod comes knocking on your door, don't blame me. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

God only knows the Pats have won many games over the last 15 years they had no right in winning.

That's what generally happens for rule breakers and cheaters.  In an even match, the one who cheats will win.

• Upvote 2

That's what generally happens for rule breakers and cheaters.  In an even match, the one who cheats will win.

It's called gaining a competitive advantage Fish.

Jets might want to try something to gain an advantage and it might not be 47 years and still counting.

1 minute ago, PatsFanTX said:

Jets might want to try something to gain an advantage and it might not be 47 years and still counting.

It's called cheating, if the Pats didn't cheat, the Jets would have one more SB championship than the Pats*

41 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

That's what cheaters call it.

The rest of civilized people call it what it is.  Cheating

It's called cheating, if the Pats didn't cheat, the Jets would have one more SB championship than the Pats*

The official NFL records show the Pats have 4 Super Bowl titles.

The Jets have none.

They won the World Championship Game in 1969.

Because of the merger, the Jets where credited with a Super Bowl title.

What a joke.

16 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

The Jets have none.

What a joke.

You know this means war. :angry:

38 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

The Jets have none.

What a joke.

The joke is you being such a pathetic loser that you spend countless amounts of time taunting opposing fans on a message board, acting like you have something on Jets fans because your a Patriot fans. That's the joke. Oh, and all 4 titles are tainted because they were attained by cheating. What did you get for those 4 tainted championships? Did your cock grow 4 inches?

• Upvote 1
Just now, PatsFanTX said:

Come on 9, you know I think you are a great poster other than your Fitz love affair.

You're going on a Jets board and saying our one and only SB win the pride and joy of our franchise and my life is a fraud!