Is Geno a leader?

BowlesMovement

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I haven't heard geno complain once about his frustrating situation.. He is working hard preparing to start, knowing any day the diva can sign and push him to the #2.. He is much more of team player then Fitzpatrick 

Geno is in no position to complain.  He put himself in his position.

Throwing pick 6's once a quarter and then mouthing off to an already p*ssed off IK is no one else's fault but his.

I'd keep my mouth shut too.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

The front office should have known better than to draft a guy that was a loose cannon. 

Agreed.

But Geno has to be smarter.

But them again, he did make the mistake of setting his watch forward rather than backward in SD and missed an entire team meeting.

In other words, he was off 6 hours.

He's either really stupid if that actually happened or just plain stupid if that's the story he chose.

9 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Agreed.

But Geno has to be smarter.

But them again, he did make the mistake of setting his watch forward rather than backward in SD and missed an entire team meeting.

In other words, he was off 6 hours.

He's either really stupid if that actually happened or just plain stupid if that's the story he chose.

Smarter about getting into an argument with a guy over money that he may/may not have actually owed? Last I heard, IK stepped to Geno, not the other way around. 

Then again, Jets fans know more about Geno Smiths off the field mistakes than Geno does, which is why they always talk about it, no matter how old or insignificant it is.

Either way, Some Jets fans show that they are more involved in Geno Smith then their own responsibilities. Probably because their mistakes are not all over NFL network or Jetnation.com

How many times am I going to hear from Jets fans about his watch or his penis pictures? 

Weirdo's. 

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Smarter about getting into an argument with a guy over money that he may/may not have actually owed? 

Then again, Jets fans know more about Geno Smiths off the field mistakes than Geno does. 

Either way, Some Jets fans show that they are more involved in Geno Smith then their own responsibilities. Probably because their mistakes are not all over NFL network or Jetnation.com

How many times am I going to hear from Jets fans about his watch or his penis pictures? 

Weirdo's. 

You made the comment the front office is to blame for signing a "loose cannon".  So yes he should have been smarter.

Off the field issues tell a lot about the player.

I think Geno is not smart and OJ is a murderer.  If that's weird, I'm guilty as charged.

Just now, Flushing Roots said:

You made the comment the front office is to blame for signing a "loose cannon".  So yes he should have been smarter.

Off the field issues tell a lot about the player.

I think Geno is not smart and OJ is a murderer.  If that's weird, I'm guilty as charged.

Because you made a comment about Geno needing to "know better" when arguing with a loose cannon. It's not Geno's responsibility to know if his teammate is a loose cannon, its the Front Office job. So Geno arguing with a teammate (not the first time in Football history) is thinking that he's arguing about a disagreement, not thinking that his career is in jeopardy....thats the front office fault for drafting a guy that was prone to violence on multiple occasions. 

Off the field incidents made into issues of yesteryear tells nothing about the player, play on the field tells alot about the player. Everything else is just for twitter fingers. 

It doesnt matter what you think, Geno is smart enough to be the starter and OJ was found innocent by a Jury of his peers. 

And holding on to sh*t like that is weird. 

28 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Because you made a comment about Geno needing to "know better" when arguing with a loose cannon. It's not Geno's responsibility to know if his teammate is a loose cannon, its the Front Office job. So Geno arguing with a teammate (not the first time in Football history) is thinking that he's arguing about a disagreement, not thinking that his career is in jeopardy....thats the front office fault for drafting a guy that was prone to violence on multiple occasions. 

Off the field incidents made into issues of yesteryear tells nothing about the player, play on the field tells alot about the player. Everything else is just for twitter fingers. 

It doesnt matter what you think, Geno is smart enough to be the starter and OJ was found innocent by a Jury of his peers. 

And holding on to sh*t like that is weird. 

I think your hitting the Schnapps early today.

Okay, you win.

I would love to debate you more but I have a conference call with some guys on the west coast in 5 minutes.

That is if I set my clock right...

1 minute ago, Flushing Roots said:

I think your hitting the Schnapps early today.

Okay, you win.

I would love to debate you more but I have a conference call with some guys on the west coast in 5 minutes.

That is if I set my clock right...

Im back to football. You can continue to talk about gossip and soap opera sh*t. 

2 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

Geno is in no position to complain.  He put himself in his position.

Throwing pick 6's once a quarter and then mouthing off to an already p*ssed off IK is no one else's fault but his.

I'd keep my mouth shut too.

So punching someone out, breaking their jaw was the appropriate response?  To a teammate?  

Which is worse, this line of thinking or that he threw a pick six once a quarter?  

Or that they belong in the same sentence 

1 hour ago, Flushing Roots said:

I don't condone it at all.

Geno should have known better that the guy was a loose cannon.

You just did it again.  

Geno shod have known better?  Funny you don't know what Geno said, why or what IK said but it's on Geno.  And he should also have known OK was a loose cannon.  

Ok

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You just did it again.  

Geno shod have known better?  Funny you don't know what Geno said, why or what IK said but it's on Geno.  And he should also have known OK was a loose cannon.  

Ok

He doesnt see it. He's too concerned about what Geno does at the airport, pictures he sends to a girl he wants to f**k or his Rolex watch...all while yelling:

tumblr_mii1iuz4kf1s4hq1ko1_500.gif

I don't know how anybody could think that Geno is anything even remotely resembling a leader.

He is definitely a talented kid with a big arm and mobility... but he has proven over and over again to be a complete football dummy and has DEFINITELY shown no leadership over his years has a Jet.

58 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So punching someone out, breaking their jaw was the appropriate response?  To a teammate?  

Which is worse, this line of thinking or that he threw a pick six once a quarter?  

Or that they belong in the same sentence 

They do belong in the same sentence because he could have acted and performed better in both instances.

53 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You just did it again.  

Ok

I know exactly what he said.

It's posted as my signature below.

Brilliant move.

53 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

He doesnt see it. He's too concerned about what Geno does at the airport, pictures he sends to a girl he wants to f**k or his Rolex watch...all while yelling:

tumblr_mii1iuz4kf1s4hq1ko1_500.gif

You brought up the pictures, not me.

Hey if he's our quarterback and he's got your vote, good for you.

He doesn't have mine.

There were questions about Geno's leadership when he was at UWV and I remember even the HC there talked about a lack of leadership on the team that season (without mentioning Geno's name), but he was the starting Qb. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/11/geno-smiths-former-teammates-coach-lament-lack-of-leadership-in-2012/ And then he comes to the Jets plays poorly and there are problems. He didn't exactly get backed up either by Jets players after IK punched him out. Here's an article about that http://www.businessinsider.com/jets-geno-smith-punched-ik-enemkpali-fight-2015-8

Now if Geno starts again this year hopefully he's learned something about etiquette in the locker room and how to treat and talk to other people. Because if he hasn't there could be a lot of problems. Like after a tough game if he's a smart ass to one of the players like for example Marshall. You can imagine then what would happen with a volatile guy like him. Bang, zoom!!! 

1 hour ago, Flushing Roots said:

They do belong in the same sentence because he could have acted and performed better in both instances.

No, they only belong in the same sentence when you just don't like someone.  Because you don't have a clue how any of this went down.  Then again you know Geno should have shut up.  Of course without having a clue that he ever said anything, never mind that he did something wrong.  

Whixh still brings us to Bowles words.  You dont punch another man in the face over this nonsense.  Debate it all you want

34 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Now if Geno starts again this year hopefully he's learned something about etiquette in the locker room and how to treat and talk to other people. Because if he hasn't there could be a lot of problems. Like after a tough game if he's a smart ass to one of the players like for example Marshall. You can imagine then what would happen with a volatile guy like him. Bang, zoom!!! 

WTF?  Are you serious with this?  Lol

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, they only belong in the same sentence when you just don't like someone.  Because you don't have a clue how any of this went down.  Then again you know Geno should have shut up.  Of course without having a clue that he ever said anything, never mind that he did something wrong.  

Whixh still brings us to Bowles words.  You dont punch another man in the face over this nonsense.  Debate it all you want

It really doesn't matter what Bowles thinks/thought.  It matters how IK was going to react and Geno's ability to read and control that situation as it unfolded.  Geno triggered the event and IK got cut.  Smith contributed to that mess which is why nobody in the locker room took his side or at least not with any real conviction.

These guys are of adult age and they are expected to deal with issues in interactions on and off the field every day.  Bowles will not always be there to cover for Geno.

Unless of course Geno is still a pampered little baby. 

20 minutes ago, EM31 said:

It really doesn't matter what Bowles thinks/thought.  It matters how IK was going to react and Geno's ability to read and control that situation as it unfolded.  Geno triggered the event and IK got cut.  Smith contributed to that mess which is why nobody in the locker room took his side or at least not with any real conviction.

These guys are of adult age and they are expected to deal with issues in interactions on and off the field every day.  Bowles will not always be there to cover for Geno.

Unless of course Geno is still a pampered little baby. 

They had a disagreement.  One took it to a violent level.  Pretty much it.  All the finger pointing and deep analysis is pointless.  No matter what, Geno owed a few dollars, did or didn't say what IK wanted to hear, IK acted out.  I can't really go deeper than that.  

And it's incredibly important what Bowles thinks

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

They had a disagreement.  One took it to a violent level.  Pretty much it.  All the finger pointing and deep analysis is pointless.  No matter what, Geno owed a few dollars, did or didn't say what IK wanted to hear, IK acted out.  I can't really go deeper than that.  

And it's incredibly important what Bowles thinks

Bowles cannot protect Geno in the locker room.  Geno was not blameless in the whole episode.  IK was a marginal player at best and so the only reason this is even being discussed is because the starting QB ended up losing his starting position as a downstream result of this episode.

Just because the jaywalker is jaywalking does not mean that cars do not still have to concede the right of way.  However, if you are a jaywalker and run into the wrong car on the wrong day then it is silly to try and claim you had nothing to do with that outcome.

4 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Bowles cannot protect Geno in the locker room.  Geno was not blameless in the whole episode.  IK was a marginal player at best and so the only reason this is even being discussed is because the starting QB ended up losing his starting position as a downstream result of this episode.

Just because the jaywalker is jaywalking does not mean that cars do not still have to concede the right of way.  However, if you are a jaywalker and run into the wrong car on the wrong day then it is silly to try and claim you had nothing to do with that outcome.

This isn't close to being a jaywalker who walked into a moving car.  Nonsense. You don't punch someone out, assault them over this.  Sorry you can give me all the analagies you want, you're miles off.

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

This isn't close to being a jaywalker who walked into a moving car.  Nonsense. You don't punch someone out, assault them over this.  Sorry you can give me all the analagies you want, you're miles off.

And yet he remains the only starting QB in the history of the sport who has ever had this problem.  I guess he must have just been unlucky in that case.  Not one single thing that he did had anything to do with the outcome here.

He was also unlucky I suppose that the rest of the Jets locker room decided not to defend his actions.

4 minutes ago, EM31 said:

And yet he remains the only starting QB in the history of the sport who has ever had this problem.  I guess he must have just been unlucky in that case.  Not one single thing that he did had anything to do with the outcome here.

He was also unlucky I suppose that the rest of the Jets locker room decided not to defend his actions.

And whether he is the only one ever has boing to do with this.  But then again even that statement puts it on Geno.  The correct statement would have been that in the history of the NFL IK is the only scrub, jag player to assault his QB. 

The whole locker on did squat.  Most said it shouldn't have happened.  You and the anti Geno fans have turned it into something as ridiculous as comparing an person who was assaulted with a jaywalker walking into traffic.  

Move on, it's pointless if you believe any of your own story

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Can't believe that anyone condones assaulting someone.

Any NFL locker room some player punches  out there starting Qb , that guy doesn't make it out of there without some serious damage inflicted on him.    

That didn't happen , and that says a lot right there what His teammates think of him.    Clincher is when the Bills played the Jets later in the year - there were a lot of buddy buddy going on between Jet players, and their ex teammate.  ( why)

Archived