Jump to content

How the Jets are selling out their most loyal season ticket holders


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will tell you what, and I apologize in advance if this gets too deep. But season tickets are very important to me. I said this before but I got tickets out of high school. Two seats, I would go to e

My father sold shoes (and other men's wear) for a living.  He retired in his mid-fifties, paid his two children's educations and myself through 5-years of graduate school without loans and is now putt

Now I see, u just spit bs based on your "recollection " of an 8 year old thread.  You are as dumb as I thought, u think that jets stadium and development is a 3rd party cause they gave it an llc.

Posted Images

After 20 years of being locked out of Giants Stadium on a God-forsaken waiting list I am now celebrating my 15th year as a season ticket holder, the last 6 of them in the exact seats I wanted at the exact price I wanted to pay in a brand new state-of-the-art stadium.  Zero regrets.

PSL commitments and payments happened in April of 2008.  We just passed the 8 year anniversary of this supposedly brutal financial event.  How we spent our fun money 8 years ago is no one's concern now and frankly it was no one's concern back then.  No one in my section has ever said a word about being ripped off, no one in my section has ever given up a seat and quit on the team.  We spend PSL money on a single family vacation, we've had about 16 family vacations since then, can't say any of them were a waste of money.  They were an outlay on something frivolous and fun, something entertaining for our families.  NFL football, no different.

These old arguments are much ado about nothing.  PSL owners don't care.  The only ones who keep this fire burning are those who used the PSL process as an excuse to quit on the team and watch TV at home.  There is no "I told you so" moment here.  The money didn't matter to us.  That's what you'll never understand.

SAR I

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

How the Jets are selling out their most loyal season ticket holders

 

by Gary "Wallows in his own" Myers

How’s this for a suggestion for the Jets new sales campaign — trying to entice PSL holders to buy more season tickets:

Plenty Of Good Seats Available

Starting Quarterback TBA: Don’t Worry It Won’t be Geno

Buy Now, Avoid PSLs and Tick Off The Person Sitting Next to You

As Jets Nation breathlessly awaits word from Mike Maccagnan that the nightmare is over and he’s signed Ryan Fitzpatrick, the Jets have gone deep into their marketing playbook trying to fill up their stadium.

When MetLife Stadium opened in 2010, the Jets and Giants infuriated their fans by attaching expensive personal seat licenses to season tickets. The Jets cut the fans in the upper deck a break: No PSLs. The Giants charged a PSL to every seat in the house. The Giants used to clear about 200 fans per year off their season ticket waiting list when they were in Giants Stadium. One year in advance of MetLife opening, they went through their entire 140,000 person waiting list and tickets were still available.

Last week a friend of mine forwarded an email he had just received from the Jets. The subject line: Opportunity to Purchase Additional Seats.

Here’s what it said:

“You’ve asked, we listened!

“Based on the large number of requests we’ve received the past few seasons to purchase additional seats for multiple games, we are now expanding the offering to include the opportunity to buy full season tickets. This is a benefit exclusively for Jets Club and PSL Holders.

“A very limited number of club, lower, and mezzanine level seats will be available for you to purchase on a full season basis for 2016 without having to make a commitment towards an additional personal seat license.”

The offer allows the season ticket holder to purchase up to two additional seats in their price category or lower with no PSLs attached for the 2016 season with no promise the deal will be available for future seasons. But, if this program is a success, why wouldn’t the Jets do it again next year?

Seems like a good deal for both sides: The Jets make inventory available, eliminate the PSLs, giving them a better chance to reduce empty seats, and fans who have already paid the unconscionable premium for the right to buy season tickets, now can add to their stock for this season and bypass the PSLs.

So, what’s the problem?

Did you ever pay $400 for an airplane ticket and find out the guy sitting next to you paid $250? Of course. That also happens at sporting events due to the secondary market.

But in this case, the Jets are selling out their most loyal season ticket holders. How would you feel if you spent the money in 2010 to buy four PSLs and the person next to you bought two. And now that person can get two more tickets without the PSL simply because the market would not support the Jets selling all the PSL seats in the last six years.

The primary disadvantage in the new program is the additional tickets have almost no chance of being next to the original tickets and may not be in the same section. When the Jets were doing this on a game-by-game basis, the tickets could be in a different location each game. Now they will be the same seats for each game.

The Jets offering up extra tickets to fans undercuts those who ponied up for PSLs in 2010.

The Jets offering up extra tickets to fans undercuts those who ponied up for PSLs in 2010.

 (JEFF ZELEVANSKY/GETTY IMAGES)

Another friend has four PSLs in the Coaches Club, the lower level area right behind the Jets bench. He paid $25,000 for each PSL. He also pays $700 per game per ticket. That’s $28,000 (8 regular-season and 2 preseason games) every year in addition to the one-time $100,000 cost of the PSLs. Now if the people sitting next to him have two tickets and want to double their season tickets for the 2016 season, they pay the extra $14,000 for the two tickets for the 10 games this season without any PSL charge.

“It’s a sign of desperation on the Jets part. And a total lack of respect,” my friend texted. “While we get the notion that fans are not always treated fairly, this is low rent.”

Of course, nobody forced my friend to buy four season tickets in 2010. But perhaps if he knew that six years later the Jets would be ditching the PSL charge on two additional seats, he might have bought just two seats and waited to buy another two or gone to the secondary market to buy two tickets. But he bought into the PSL program and now the rules have changed.

“Wonder if I can change rules?” he said. “Pay less for PSL and get Andrew Luck as QB?”

What about the Giants? They have a pre-sale on individual game tickets for PSL holders about one week before they are made available to the general public. Just like the Jets, the PSL holders of the Giants have expressed an interest in purchasing extra tickets for family and friends on a per-game basis. The Giants add a surcharge of $10-$50 per ticket depending on the game, which they say serves as a portion of the PSL associated with the ticket. The Giants have not made entire season ticket packages available to PSL holders without a PSL charge.

It feels like the Jets are holding a spring cleaning garage sale.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Myers:  "How would you feel if you spent the money in 2010 to buy four PSLs and the person next to you bought two. And now that person can get two more tickets without the PSL simply because the market would not support the Jets selling all the PSL seats in the last six years."

Answer:  I wouldn't care. If a fellow PSL owner, who by definition has already showed a significant degree of loyalty, wanted a few more seats for a few seasons without a PSL upcharge, I'd say good for him.  Seeing it was offered to me and I don't have the need, better to extend the opportunity to a fellow PSL holder than a carpetbagging quitter season ticket holder from Giants Stadium who took the free seats in the MetLife upper deck when the Jets were playing in Championship games and spit in our faces as soon as the going got tough.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

PSL's are a one-off.

20 years from now no new stadium will have them because they've been shown to be such a rip-off/bad publicity/trust sucker.  Sure, some people are fine paying that money but they're wildly unpopular.  Greed will never die but I don't think they'll last another generation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SAR I said:

After 20 years of being locked out of Giants Stadium on a God-forsaken waiting list I am now celebrating my 15th year as a season ticket holder, the last 6 of them in the exact seats I wanted at the exact price I wanted to pay in a brand new state-of-the-art stadium.  Zero regrets.

PSL commitments and payments happened in April of 2008.  We just passed the 8 year anniversary of this supposedly brutal financial event.  How we spent our fun money 8 years ago is no one's concern now and frankly it was no one's concern back then.  No one in my section has ever said a word about being ripped off, no one in my section has ever given up a seat and quit on the team.  We spend PSL money on a single family vacation, we've had about 16 family vacations since then, can't say any of them were a waste of money.  They were an outlay on something frivolous and fun, something entertaining for our families.  NFL football, no different.

These old arguments are much ado about nothing.  PSL owners don't care.  The only ones who keep this fire burning are those who used the PSL process as an excuse to quit on the team and watch TV at home.  There is no "I told you so" moment here.  The money didn't matter to us.  That's what you'll never understand.

SAR I

 

Where do u go on vacation for 16k?

Link to post
Share on other sites

i feel free, 1st year not paying that stupid bill. And paying full price for 2 useless pre season games. I'll go to 6 games and save about 6k per year. And sit in a better seat than that lousy endzone.

If I had paid that over inflated invoice while this sh*t franchise is drafting another small project at olb and a QB who won't be ready till the new stadium arrives if probably be much angrier. 

Lets nickel and dime fitz and risk Geno starting over a few million. **** the jets and **** SAR. Sar u are about as useless as t!ts on a bull with all your psl talk. U like it we get it. There's an ass for every seat. Even the sh*t endzone seats u sit in.

  • Thumb Down 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with SAR 1 regarding this PSL BS. We live in a free country to spend your extra money on whatever the hell you want to. Does Gary Myers bash Disneyland for gods sake? It's entertainment. 

The only people pissed about PSLs are the families that hoarded the best seats for years, selling a few each year to pay for their entire years tickets. Each & everyone of them were given the 1st opportunity to pick the best seats in the upper levels with no PSLs. Just another Jet bashing story. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This sounds immensely fair to PSL ticket holders.  Offering them and only them an opportunity  to purchase additional tickets.  To find a flaw in this is Gary Myers showing exactly what he is.  A Jet bashing hack.  

Nothing he writes should ever be taken seriously.

 

I agree.  This offer is only open to people who have already purchased a PSL. I don't see how it's unfair. It would be unfair if PSLs were waived for ALL new season tickets.  I received that email several days ago, it didn't piss me off.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, David Harris said:

PSL's are a one-off.

20 years from now no new stadium will have them because they've been shown to be such a rip-off/bad publicity/trust sucker.  Sure, some people are fine paying that money but they're wildly unpopular.  Greed will never die but I don't think they'll last another generation.

Lol.  Because, if there's one thing I've learned, it's that l, over time, things get less expensive...

If anything, PSLs will become an even bigger expense as the public is becoming wise to what an absolutely terrible investment of tax money new stadiums are and owners will have to carry more of the financial burden vs the taxpayer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Section 333 said:

i feel free, 1st year not paying that stupid bill. And paying full price for 2 useless pre season games. I'll go to 6 games and save about 6k per year. And sit in a better seat than that lousy endzone.

If I had paid that over inflated invoice while this sh*t franchise is drafting another small project at olb and a QB who won't be ready till the new stadium arrives if probably be much angrier. 

Lets nickel and dime fitz and risk Geno starting over a few million. **** the jets and **** SAR. Sar u are about as useless as t!ts on a bull with all your psl talk. U like it we get it. There's an ass for every seat. Even the sh*t endzone seats u sit in.

You never paid a PSL and now you've quit on the team completely when after some success there are rough waters ahead.

You have no financial commitment and yet can still attend games by buying the seats of PSL holders who can't attend a few games. 

Congratulations on being living proof of 1) everything wrong with freeloading upper deckers and 2) how Stubhub and the aftermarket make PSL ownership carefree and are good for fans who can't afford season tickets. 

You use the Jets as an excuse for an argument that "rich people are stupid with their money" instead of facing the truth is that it's actually the poor people who are. You know, the idiots who overextend themselves on luxuries they cannot afford and then blame the people who can. 

SAR I 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Myers doesn't know what he's talking about. After blowing all my savings on magic lessons and at-home fitness equipment, if it wasn't for Woody Johnson I wouldn't be able to afford to go to football games.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I agree with SAR 1 regarding this PSL BS. We live in a free country to spend your extra money on whatever the hell you want to. Does Gary Myers bash Disneyland for gods sake? It's entertainment. 

The only people pissed about PSLs are the families that hoarded the best seats for years, selling a few each year to pay for their entire years tickets. Each & everyone of them were given the 1st opportunity to pick the best seats in the upper levels with no PSLs. Just another Jet bashing story. 

Bingo. 

It's truly amazing how far off the media is about PSL's almost a decade after they meant anything to anyone. Do the math, it only affected about 16,000 people in a metro area of 20 million, only 16,000 people who actually wrote PSL checks to the Jets. 

How many people have $20,000 beach house rentals in the Hamptons each summer?  How many people drive new $90,000 Porsche's each year?  Night at a two hour Broadway show for a family of 4 sets someone back $3,000. Pack a day smoker spends $5,500 a year. Where's the outrage?  Why is it that NFL football is somehow the sum of all evil in a city full of frivolous entertainment options and vices?

SAR I

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I agree with SAR 1 regarding this PSL BS. We live in a free country to spend your extra money on whatever the hell you want to. Does Gary Myers bash Disneyland for gods sake? It's entertainment. 

The only people pissed about PSLs are the families that hoarded the best seats for years, selling a few each year to pay for their entire years tickets. Each & everyone of them were given the 1st opportunity to pick the best seats in the upper levels with no PSLs. Just another Jet bashing story. 

The other people bashing PSLs are those that bought them but shouldn't have because they couldn't really afford to... Which is probably a large percentage of PSLs owners, because, 'Murica and all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You never paid a PSL and now you've quit on the team completely when after some success there are rough waters ahead.

You have no financial commitment and yet can still attend games by buying the seats of PSL holders who can't attend a few games. 

Congratulations on being living proof of 1) everything wrong with freeloading upper deckers and 2) how Stubhub and the aftermarket make PSL ownership carefree and are good for fans who can't afford season tickets. 

You use the Jets as an excuse for an argument that "rich people are stupid with their money" instead of facing the truth is that it's actually the poor people who are. You know, the idiots who overextend themselves on luxuries they cannot afford and then blame the people who can. 

SAR I 

I never paid a Psl?  False

I've been going to a minimum of 5 games a year for over 20 years, explain exactly how I quit on the team cause I don't want the psl bill anymore.

And don't want to get gauged for 1k in pre season tix each year. 

its not the money, it's the value. There is no benefit to being a STH. I'll still go, what good is a psl or any season ticket? The demand just isn't there anymore. Times have changed. I prefer to go, but most folks prefer their living rooms now a days.

your old story about ur list and the upper deck folks is absolutely meaningless now. There used to be demand. Now not even the Giants can  sell out a psl. In the jets case it has little to do with team performance. Last year fighting for a playoff spot I had a miserable time selling a game I couldn't attend. 

Sar u are a fool. Your fake ass rich man sctick is old. Go drive your 05 3 series bmw off the bridge.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Myers doesn't know what he's talking about. After blowing all my savings on magic lessons and at-home fitness equipment, if it wasn't for Woody Johnson I wouldn't be able to afford to go to football games.

LOL. Magic lessons. 

If Myers really wants to go after sports franchises and the 'fan ripoff' he should look at the Knicks. Forget PSL's, just look at the gameday ticket prices those season ticket holders are forced to accept. If there is any outrage over frivolous entertainment spending it's at MSG, not MetLife. 

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gEYno said:

The other people bashing PSLs are those that bought them but shouldn't have because they couldn't really afford to... Which is probably a large percentage of PSLs owners, because, 'Murica and all.

Yes.  That's the root of it all.

And these people had no problem forking over $120 a seat for 10 games for decades in the old dump, but as soon as the prices with the PSL included went up to a whopping $127 they screamed bloody murder. 

Why?  $7 a game?  That's less than a beer costs. All this ranting and screaming about chump-change.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Section 333 said:

I never paid a Psl?  False

I've been going to a minimum of 5 games a year for over 20 years, explain exactly how I quit on the team cause I don't want the psl bill anymore.

And don't want to get gauged for 1k in pre season tix each year. 

its not the money, it's the value. There is no benefit to being a STH. I'll still go, what good is a psl or any season ticket? The demand just isn't there anymore. Times have changed. I prefer to go, but most folks prefer their living rooms now a days.

your old story about ur list and the upper deck folks is absolutely meaningless now. There used to be demand. Now not even the Giants can  sell out a psl. In the jets case it has little to do with team performance. Last year fighting for a playoff spot I had a miserable time selling a game I couldn't attend. 

Sar u are a fool. Your fake ass rich man sctick is old. Go drive your 05 3 series bmw off the bridge.  

Yeah - this reads like the words of someone who is totally satisfied in their decision... It's your decision to make, and your money to spend, but telling a guy to drive his car off a bridge doesn't scream security in your position.  Also, of course it's the money, because there's nothing of less value than paying a partial PSL and then giving it up for nothing.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  That's the root of it all.

And these people had no problem forking over $120 a seat for 10 games for decades in the old dump, but as soon as the prices with the PSL included went up to a whopping $127 they screamed bloody murder. 

Why?  $7 a game?  That's less than a beer costs. All this ranting and screaming about chump-change.

SAR I

See, this is a bit unfair too.  Because, not everyone can afford to look at it like $7 a game.  If you can afford it without concern, then yes, the math makes sense.  If you can't, then it's a lot of upfront additional money.  People should have been wiser from the start, but I don't believe it's because the per-game increase was only $7.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Yeah - this reads like the words of someone who is totally satisfied in their decision... It's your decision to make, and your money to spend, but telling a guy to drive his car off a bridge doesn't scream security in your position.  Also, of course it's the money, because there's nothing of less value than paying a partial PSL and then giving it up for nothing.

with the psl and the useless pre season games I was paying almost 250 per ticket. That same seat that I struggled to get 100 bucks for when I couldn't attend. So yeah it is about the money in that sense . 

But my point was it wasn't about lack of money, I could have afforded it. I made a poor decision and it cost me a few thousand. sh*t happens. 

Sar is just frustrating cause in his eyes anyone who doesn't have or maintain a psl is poor. Which isn't the case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Section 333 said:

I never paid a Psl?  False

I've been going to a minimum of 5 games a year for over 20 years, explain exactly how I quit on the team cause I don't want the psl bill anymore.

And don't want to get gauged for 1k in pre season tix each year. 

its not the money, it's the value. There is no benefit to being a STH. I'll still go, what good is a psl or any season ticket? The demand just isn't there anymore. Times have changed. I prefer to go, but most folks prefer their living rooms now a days.

your old story about ur list and the upper deck folks is absolutely meaningless now. There used to be demand. Now not even the Giants can  sell out a psl. In the jets case it has little to do with team performance. Last year fighting for a playoff spot I had a miserable time selling a game I couldn't attend. 

Sar u are a fool. Your fake ass rich man sctick is old. Go drive your 05 3 series bmw off the bridge.  

Good seats sell! Why do you think all those beer guzzling seat hoarders in between the 30 yard line markers were furious about PSLs? The good times were over for those families passing that sh*t down through generations like they OWNED THOSE SEATS!

Well, the Jets said, if you want to continue to OWN THOSE SEATS your gonna have to PAY FOR THEM FINALLY! Think about how many years people were on waiting lists while these lucky fans weren't even really paying for ANYTHING! Back then they were probably sneaking in nips & food & literally paying zero to sit on the 50 yard line. Like looking for a table in a bar with that 1 guy sitting there telling you this tables taken, my friends should be here within the next hour or two.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Section 333 said:

with the psl and the useless pre season games I was paying almost 250 per ticket. That same seat that I struggled to get 100 bucks for when I couldn't attend. So yeah it is about the money in that sense . 

But my point was it wasn't about lack of money, I could have afforded it. I made a poor decision and it cost me a few thousand. sh*t happens. 

Sar is just frustrating cause in his eyes anyone who doesn't have or maintain a psl is poor. Which isn't the case.

I'm on your side in that regard... The reason I wouldn't buy season tickets is because I can't/don't really want to go to every game, and I do not care at all about sitting in the same seats.  I see the money I save on preseason as bankable towards the additional cost of a home playoff game should one come along.  But, he's never called me poor for not purchasing a PSL.  I think he's simply pointing out that PSLs aren't this terrible investment (for everyone) that the media/fans are trying to portray it as.  It is a terrible investment for the people that it was always going to be a terrible investment for... the folks who had to think about that money ever again... those who probably shouldn't have bought in the first place, which is far from everyone who bought those tickets.  Maybe I'm wrong... But that's how I read it, and I think that's generally what the truth is regarding PSL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gEYno said:

See, this is a bit unfair too.  Because, not everyone can afford to look at it like $7 a game.  If you can afford it without concern, then yes, the math makes sense.  If you can't, then it's a lot of upfront additional money.  People should have been wiser from the start, but I don't believe it's because the per-game increase was only $7.

I agree to a point, but thing is let's go back to 2008 for a moment.  Let's say you have 2 seats in Giants Stadium, it's $125 a seat, you have 2 seats, that's $2,500 a year you've been paying for 15 years.  Jets announce a brand new stadium, give you two options:  Pay a PSL as low as $2,500 to sit in the lower bowl or pay a PSL of $0 and get midfield seats in the upper deck.  That's what happened.

Sure, most may not look at a vig of $7 a game as painful and, sure, no one likes to write the Jets a fat check, but the reality is that for someone committed to the Jets for 15 years already in Giants Stadium and looking for another 15 or 30 years in the new stadium, the Jets either asked you to pay the equivalent of 1 double season or pay nothing and live with a lesser view. 

People who complain about PSL outrage were perfectly fine paying $2,500 a year for the tickets to begin with, and the truth is that most used it as an excuse to quit on the team.  "I am morally outraged over seat licenses and thus I have a philosophical problem with the Jets and I'm out of here!"  And they did it after selling half their tickets for 2x face value and getting free seats for decades.  And they did it after selecting a great upper deck seat with no PSL.  And they did it after we made two runs to the Championship Game and the team stepped back.  It's hard for me to accept how some are offended on the morality of the PSL process when their ticket gouging behavior in Giants Stadium and their defection in MetLife Stadium is immoral.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Good seats sell! Why do you think all those beer guzzling seat hoarders in between the 30 yard line markers were furious about PSLs? The good times were over for those families passing that sh*t down through generations like they OWNED THOSE SEATS!

Well, the Jets said, if you want to continue to OWN THOSE SEATS your gonna have to PAY FOR THEM FINALLY! Think about how many years people were on waiting lists while these lucky fans weren't even really paying for ANYTHING! Back then they were probably sneaking in nips & food & literally paying zero to sit on the 50 yard line. Like looking for a table in a bar with that 1 guy sitting there telling you this tables taken, my friends should be here within the next hour or two.

It's funny, this literally just happened with the show, Hamilton.  Ticket prices just shot up because people were buying and reselling $200 seats for $2000.  They show decided to raise prices, because, why should the secondary market make all the money as opposed to production/actors.  No one is killing them for greed though...

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Section 333 said:

I never paid a Psl?  False

I've been going to a minimum of 5 games a year for over 20 years, explain exactly how I quit on the team cause I don't want the psl bill anymore.

And don't want to get gauged for 1k in pre season tix each year. 

its not the money, it's the value. There is no benefit to being a STH. I'll still go, what good is a psl or any season ticket? The demand just isn't there anymore. Times have changed. I prefer to go, but most folks prefer their living rooms now a days.

your old story about ur list and the upper deck folks is absolutely meaningless now. There used to be demand. Now not even the Giants can  sell out a psl. In the jets case it has little to do with team performance. Last year fighting for a playoff spot I had a miserable time selling a game I couldn't attend. 

Sar u are a fool. Your fake ass rich man sctick is old. Go drive your 05 3 series bmw off the bridge.  

"I don't want to pay the PSL bill any more".

There are no PSL bills.  Back in 2008 you had two choices, pay in full or get on the payment plan.  The payment plan expired years ago.  So what PSL bill are you paying exactly?  Do you even have PSL's?  Are you even a season ticket holder? 

If you don't see the value in attending live NFL games, then don't go.  Don't tell the rest of us how to enjoy our time with our families.

What's 'old' and what's 'schtick' is you venting about your money problems and acting like the Jets and their fans are to blame for what you can or cannot afford.  You don't need a Jets forum, you need a financial advisor. 

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Good seats sell! Why do you think all those beer guzzling seat hoarders in between the 30 yard line markers were furious about PSLs? The good times were over for those families passing that sh*t down through generations like they OWNED THOSE SEATS!

Well, the Jets said, if you want to continue to OWN THOSE SEATS your gonna have to PAY FOR THEM FINALLY! Think about how many years people were on waiting lists while these lucky fans weren't even really paying for ANYTHING! Back then they were probably sneaking in nips & food & literally paying zero to sit on the 50 yard line. Like looking for a table in a bar with that 1 guy sitting there telling you this tables taken, my friends should be here within the next hour or two.

Exactly.  We can't stress this enough.

The "value" in the PSL was that waitlisters who weren't born into a family whose grandfather was a Shea Stadium season ticket holder were frozen out of Giants Stadium for decades.  For 20 years I couldn't get a seat to a game, and if I did it was lousy.  These were the pre-internet days, you had to scour the Newsday classifieds and find a scalper.

The PSL process was a huge enema for the fanbase.  Those who didn't even like the Jets but were profiting from grandpa's seats were evicted.  Black market scalpers using cheap 50 yard line seats to put their kids through college were booted.  Finally it was fair to the rest of us who never had a chance.  No one talks about us.  We are subjected to the whining of the lucky and the users who had no right to the seats they were born into now that the tables are turned, there never was a platform for us to complain about the lack of ticket availability.  It's our turn now.  PSL's weren't a painful expense.  They were a God-send.  Let Myers write about that.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

"I don't want to pay the PSL bill any more".

There are no PSL bills.  Back in 2008 you had two choices, pay in full or get on the payment plan.  The payment plan expired years ago.  So what PSL bill are you paying exactly?  Do you even have PSL's?  Are you even a season ticket holder? 

If you don't see the value in attending live NFL games, then don't go.  Don't tell the rest of us how to enjoy our time with our families.

What's 'old' and what's 'schtick' is you venting about your money problems and acting like the Jets and their fans are to blame for what you can or cannot afford.  You don't need a Jets forum, you need a financial advisor. 

SAR I

I didn't have the psl from year one moron. And if I did they also had 15 year plans. Which means that there would be 7 years left. I'm not sure if u are being condosending or are just a nitwit.

at 1st I sat in the uppers. But the view sucked, so i bought a psl, financed it. Paid the deposit. Soon realized that that view wasn't much better. So rather than compound my mistake I decided to cut my losses. 

And I said I loved to go to games never said no value in going, I take my family and we all love it, what I said is there's no value in being a STH. Got u are an a$$hole!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I'm on your side in that regard... The reason I wouldn't buy season tickets is because I can't/don't really want to go to every game, and I do not care at all about sitting in the same seats.  I see the money I save on preseason as bankable towards the additional cost of a home playoff game should one come along.  But, he's never called me poor for not purchasing a PSL.  I think he's simply pointing out that PSLs aren't this terrible investment (for everyone) that the media/fans are trying to portray it as.  It is a terrible investment for the people that it was always going to be a terrible investment for... the folks who had to think about that money ever again... those who probably shouldn't have bought in the first place, which is far from everyone who bought those tickets.  Maybe I'm wrong... But that's how I read it, and I think that's generally what the truth is regarding PSL.

I was on the wait list in the old stadium, and finally got tickets in 2006. The benefit of having season tickets in the old stadium was that it used to be very hard to find decent seats for a decent game at a decent price on the open market (unless you came to the stadium on game day and found someone desperate in the lot). A large part of that was the low ticket prices for sure, but in 2009 when it was decision time on PSLs for me, I figured that the cost of the PSL would be worth locking in a decently priced ticket in the lower bowl.

In my area of the stadium, that has not been the case. You can easily find tickets for face value (or even under) for most games. The games I have to sell I'm lucky to get back face value - even against the Patriots. This isn't me complaining about prices or my PSLs - it's just as in terms of value, I probably would've been better off skipping the PSL, and cherry picking the games through the season that I wanted to attend. Chances are, I'd be able to get most tickets for right around face value.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Section 333 said:

I didn't have the psl from year one moron. And if I did they also had 15 year plans. Which means that there would be 7 years left. I'm not sure if u are being condosending or are just a nitwit.

at 1st I sat in the uppers. But the view sucked, so i bought a psl, financed it. Paid the deposit. Soon realized that that view wasn't much better. So rather than compound my mistake I decided to cut my losses. 

And I said I loved to go to games never said no value in going, I take my family and we all love it, what I said is there's no value in being a STH. Got u are an a$$hole!!!

So you made a financial commitment to the Jets, took out a loan, and your intention is to default with 10 years left?

And you think the Jets are the ones who are stupid, disloyal, and disrespectful?

As far as who is the a-hole, let's see.  Is it the person who knows how to balance a checkbook or is it the person who overextends himself, makes one bad financial decision after another, has a master plan to default on a loan, blames others for his bad financial decisions, and tells a father of four to drive his car off a bridge?

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

I was on the wait list in the old stadium, and finally got tickets in 2006. The benefit of having season tickets in the old stadium was that it used to be very hard to find decent seats for a decent game at a decent price on the open market (unless you came to the stadium on game day and found someone desperate in the lot). A large part of that was the low ticket prices for sure, but in 2009 when it was decision time on PSLs for me, I figured that the cost of the PSL would be worth locking in a decently priced ticket in the lower bowl.

In my area of the stadium, that has not been the case. You can easily find tickets for face value (or even under) for most games. The games I have to sell I'm lucky to get back face value - even against the Patriots. This isn't me complaining about prices or my PSLs - it's just as in terms of value, I probably would've been better off skipping the PSL, and cherry picking the games through the season that I wanted to attend. Chances are, I'd be able to get most tickets for right around face value.

 

Exactly, this is why I'm taking my  psl loss and getting out . People can say my mezzanine endzone are bad seats and that's why I loose money selling and I'd agree. But Sar has the same seats and loves them, to each his own I suppose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...