How the Jets are selling out their most loyal season ticket holders

joewilly12

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's not even enough for Starbucks. lol. That's more like the corner bodega coffee in my old neighborhood thats been in the pot for atleast a day. 

Jets Offer: MasterCard 3-Game Flex Pack On Sale Now

three game cheap deal with no preseason 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, jmat321 said:

Anyway, I'm over it. The PSLs didn't work out the way the team wanted and that's only helped the consumer.  You can get tickets is any location under face for ALMOST every single game.  

Don't confuse the Stubhub phenomenon with the Jets PSL situation.  In light of the Stubhub opportunity, both the Jets and Giants did very well with PSL's.  How some can think it failed because a few thousand seats in an 82,500 seat building turn over each year is amazing to me.  The same amount of seats turned over in Giants Stadium, but it was handled quietly as opposed to today where social media can help sell seats in minutes.

And the PSL's did work out just the way the Jets wanted-  all PSL's were sold on Opening Day 2010 and the Jets lead the AFC in attendance, we're #4 in the entire NFL and that's even during the brutal Idzik years.  More Jets fans fill MetLife than Patriots fans fill Gillette by over 80,000 people annually.  Oh, and this concept you mention of "you can get tickets in any location under face for any game" happens BECAUSE of the PSL's.  It's PSL owners who make their seats available for games we can't make that enable the low prices others enjoy.  PSL's were a huge success.

SAR I

1 hour ago, rowonejetfan said:

Jets Offer: MasterCard 3-Game Flex Pack On Sale Now

three game cheap deal with no preseason 

That's good, I hope some Jets fan on a budget gets to take advantage of this fantastic offer.

SAR I

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Don't confuse the Stubhub phenomenon with the Jets PSL situation.  In light of the Stubhub opportunity, both the Jets and Giants did very well with PSL's.  How some can think it failed because a few thousand seats in an 82,500 seat building turn over each year is amazing to me.  The same amount of seats turned over in Giants Stadium, but it was handled quietly as opposed to today where social media can help sell seats in minutes.

And the PSL's did work out just the way the Jets wanted-  all PSL's were sold on Opening Day 2010 and the Jets lead the AFC in attendance, we're #4 in the entire NFL and that's even during the brutal Idzik years.  More Jets fans fill MetLife than Patriots fans fill Gillette by over 80,000 people annually.  Oh, and this concept you mention of "you can get tickets in any location under face for any game" happens BECAUSE of the PSL's.  It's PSL owners who make their seats available for games we can't make that enable the low prices others enjoy.  PSL's were a huge success.

SAR I

You are so far off base that I'm embarrassed for u. What your pea sized brain misses is that the capacity % is near the bottom, like 23rd bottom.

Having a attendance 4th means what to u? There are more people in the ny metro area than anywhere in the country. But the % tells a story about open seats. Basic supply and demand. The supply goes up when the demand goes down. That's why my seats as well as yours are overpriced, psls excluded.

There are so many seats available from game to game that they are all under face, thus meaning your regular retail price is set too high. This Isn't complicated stuff here. 

U like being a sth for status, and laziness , not buying tickets game to game, and parking game to game. Fine, I get it, but there's no value in that, the numbers tell the story.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Do you really mean that? 

Yes, why wouldn't I?

For the 100th time, I am happy with what I paid 8 years ago and I haven't thought about it since.  If some other Jets fan can get a bargain, good, why not?  I was a young fan on a budget once, there was a time where I couldn't afford face value seats, I don't care about the circumstances of the fans around me so long as they're wearing green and cheering.

You make this so complicated when it's so simple.  What's worse, you go out of your way to project the way you would feel if you were in my shoes and you should stop doing that because you aren't.

SAR I

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yes, why wouldn't I?

For the 100th time, I am happy with what I paid 8 years ago and I haven't thought about it since.  If some other Jets fan can get a bargain, good, why not?  I was a young fan on a budget once, there was a time where I couldn't afford face value seats, I don't care about the circumstances of the fans around me so long as they're wearing green and cheering.

You make this so complicated when it's so simple.  What's worse, you go out of your way to project the way you would feel if you were in my shoes and you should stop doing that because you aren't.

SAR I

No do you really mean it in a good way or are you mocking the situation. 

I have no issues with you or any other PSL holder,great experience being at all the home games,tailgating spending quality time with family and friends and watching the Jets. 

28 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No do you really mean it in a good way or are you mocking the situation. 

I have no issues with you or any other PSL holder,great experience being at all the home games,tailgating spending quality time with family and friends and watching the Jets. 

In a good way, no mocking. 

I am happy with what I paid 8 years ago and I haven't thought about it since.

SAR I

19 hours ago, Section 333 said:

Now I see, u just spit bs based on your "recollection " of an 8 year old thread. 

You are as dumb as I thought, u think that jets stadium and development is a 3rd party cause they gave it an llc. 

If u do have any money it must have been from a passed down family business that your Daddy ran. U are dumb as a stump. What do u do Sar? Sell shoes for a living?

My father sold shoes (and other men's wear) for a living.  He retired in his mid-fifties, paid his two children's educations and myself through 5-years of graduate school without loans and is now putting money away for his first grandchild to go to college without loans.  But, more relevantly, he amassed enough wealth that he wouldn't have defaulted on a PSL payment plan regardless of whether he felt he was getting good value, first, because he wouldn't have had one, and second because the only thing less valuable than a PSL is paying half a PSL and having nothing.  Not bad for a shirt/shoe salesman...

There are a lot of different opinions in this thread... But I assure you, the only one here coming off "dumb" (and other choice adjectives) is you.

4 minutes ago, gEYno said:

My father sold shoes (and other men's wear) for a living.  He retired in his mid-fifties, paid his two children's educations and myself through 5-years of graduate school without loans and is now putting money away for his first grandchild to go to college without loans.  But, more relevantly, he amassed enough wealth that he wouldn't have defaulted on a PSL payment plan regardless of whether he felt he was getting good value, first, because he wouldn't have had one, and second because the only thing less valuable than a PSL is paying half a PSL and having nothing.  Not bad for a shirt/shoe salesman...

There are a lot of different opinions in this thread... But I assure you, the only one here coming off "dumb" (and other choice adjectives) is you.

But did he score 4 tds in a high school game?

5 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Nah, he did things that mattered, all without making himself look like a moron on the internet.

Oooooooohh it burns!! Man that shoe salesman comment really really got your bloomers Bunchy. Did he sell those also?

u can call me dumb all u want. But Sar thinking that total attendance means psls are successful is just that. U choose to attack my shoe salesman comment. But if u stop being buthurt for a second I think you'd agree with me that % of capacity is the better indicator. Not total attendance in a city with so many people. 

27 minutes ago, Section 333 said:

Oooooooohh it burns!! Man that shoe salesman comment really really got your bloomers Bunchy. Did he sell those also?

u can call me dumb all u want. But Sar thinking that total attendance means psls are successful is just that. U choose to attack my shoe salesman comment. But if u stop being buthurt for a second I think you'd agree with me that % of capacity is the better indicator. Not total attendance in a city with so many people. 

I've pretty much moved on... But, yes, that particular comment bothered me... But, you've shown your insecurities and your failures and your intelligence throughout this thread and others, not just with that comment.  As to your point, neither is particularly important, as both are pretty high, so you're arguing over nearly insignificant percentage points.  PSLs didn't kill the Jets, they're doing just fine.  And the owners who could afford them are doing just fine too.

9 minutes ago, gEYno said:

both are pretty high, so you're arguing over nearly insignificant percentage points.  PSLs didn't kill the Jets, they're doing just fine.  And the owners who could afford them are doing just fine too.

First off, sorry you got dragged into this, I've reached out to the moderators and am hoping they will put a stop to these personal attacks.  Takes a lot for me to put someone on ignore, I am done with him.

Regarding your point, you are 100% correct, and the barometer of the health of a franchise is all about attendance levels and the Jets are fantastic in that regard, even in our lowest Idzik moments fans show up and the stadium is full.  And people look at a big number like 82,500 and forget that when you subtract the PSL-free upper deck you're left with 55,500 seats and with the average season ticket subscriber holding 3 seats you are left with only 18,000 people who actually wrote PSL checks to the Jets and there are certainly that few of millions of Jets fans who could afford the $2,500 to $10,000 per seat, this isn't Detroit.

And another fun datapoint?  Go to popular PSL resale sites like seasonticketrights and you'll see very clearly that there are only 375 fans selling their PSL's right now, that's a whopping 2% of all PSL owners.  Giants Stadium always churned at 3%, it's another improvement from the PSL process.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

First off, sorry you got dragged into this, I've reached out to the moderators and am hoping they will put a stop to these personal attacks.  Takes a lot for me to put someone on ignore, I am done with him.

Regarding your point, you are 100% correct, and the barometer of the health of a franchise is all about attendance levels and the Jets are fantastic in that regard, even in our lowest Idzik moments fans show up and the stadium is full.  And people look at a big number like 82,500 and forget that when you subtract the PSL-free upper deck you're left with 55,500 seats and with the average season ticket subscriber holding 3 seats you are left with only 18,000 people who actually wrote PSL checks to the Jets and there are certainly that few of millions of Jets fans who could afford the $2,500 to $10,000 per seat, this isn't Detroit.

And another fun datapoint?  Go to popular PSL resale sites like seasonticketrights and you'll see very clearly that there are only 375 fans selling their PSL's right now, that's a whopping 2% of all PSL owners.  Giants Stadium always churned at 3%, it's another improvement from the PSL process.

SAR I

It's New York.  Unlike Kansas, there's a million other things you can do with a Sunday.  If people were miserable, they'd be bailing out in droves, or not have shown up in the first place.  Yes, it's all overpriced and that's unfortunate, but you're 100% right about "fun money," because going to Aruba with the family is overpriced, going to see Hamilton is overpriced, flowers on mothers day are overpriced, as you mentioned, cigarettes are overpriced.  We all waste money, and this is just another option to do so.  I was very anti-PSL in the beginning, but then I realized, for me personally, season tickets just aren't a good value, not the PSL.  I can't go to every game, I don't want to go to every game because of the traffic in/out (even with car service), I don't want to pay for/go to preseason, I have no problem paying 2 to 3x for playoffs, and I don't value sitting in the same seats.  Max perfectly articulates the value of season tickets for him and his family, and I think that's wonderful.  But, regardless of all of that, the market has spoken, and people are showing up, lots of them, regardless of it being 98% or 96% or whatever.  The only real gripe I'd have with PSLs is that I think they should afford owners the right of first refusal on tickets to other events, as their money helped to build the stadium.

I've seen enough.   I apologize for not paying more attention earlier.  We don't allow personal attacks and I was wrong for ignoring one without reading further.  Was way out of hand. My bad.  I suggest the personal attacks stop now.  

Archived