Geno Smith: An Honest Look at the Past

JETSfaninNE

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

LOL...Maybe Mac should deal for Ryan Nassib?  His numbers extrapolate to 100% completion rate with 16 TD's and 0 INT's.  He'll also be the first QB to post a 158.3 QBR over 16 games.  

I remember him... He was yet another one of the guaranteed superstars we would have needed to tank the season to land, yet ended up passing on. 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Hitman Harris said:

I remember him... He was yet another one of the guaranteed superstars we would have needed to tank the season to land, yet ended up passing on. 

LOL...when the Jets passed on Doug Marrone (like every other NFL franchise since he quit his job), there was an old JN poster in love with him (I forget his/her name) and when I asked what he'd ever done, he/she said "he was responsible for developing Ryan Nassib"..and he/she meant it, like, as a good thing.

3 minutes ago, Hitman Harris said:

Not for long. Most likely until July 5. 

I hope it doesn't last that long.  Geno is a bad QB, but I don't think he's a horrible human being.  Fitz holding out that long would be a cruel joke.  Let Geno get comfy before pulling the rug out?  Just mean.

Hopefully Fitz takes what the Jets are offering and steps back in to the starting job sooner rather than later.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

So is Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Enjoy it while it lasts.

If he goes elsewhere, Jets season is over by week 6...week 8 if the defense can pitch a couple of shutouts.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I hope it doesn't last that long.  Geno is a bad QB, but I don't think he's a horrible human being.  Fitz holding out that long would be a cruel joke.  Let Geno get comfy before pulling the rug out?  Just mean.

Hopefully Fitz takes what the Jets are offering and steps back in to the starting job sooner rather than later.

Fitztragic is a terrible quarterback.

bottom ten in every quarterback metric except for yards and touchdowns.

thats pitiful, especially considering how easy that schedule was.

you will be brought back to earth this year though, with a mouth full of crow.

13 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Enjoy it while it lasts.

If he goes elsewhere, Jets season is over by week 6...week 8 if the defense can pitch a couple of shutouts.

I will indeed. 

If Fitz ends up a Jet, I wont be as bold as to tell you exactly what week the Jets season will end, but I gurandamntee you that it willl be over before playoffs start. 

So if Fitz is signed, then make sure you enjoy the season while it lasts.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I will indeed. 

If Fitz ends up a Jet, I wont be as bold as to tell you exactly what week the Jets season will end, but I gurandamntee you that it willl be over before playoffs start. 

With Geno, on the other hand.  Gonna' be hoisting that Lombardi trophy every year for the better part of a decade...LOL

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

With Geno, on the other hand.  Gonna' be hoisting that Lombardi trophy every year for the better part of a decade...LOL

That would mean that he atleast got to the playoffs in his career for a better part of a decade. 

What has Fitz done for a better part of a decade? Exactly lol. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

That would mean that he atleast got to the playoffs in his career for a better part of a decade. 

What has Fitz done for a better part of a decade? Exactly lol. 

I wonder why the Jets want Fitz to start over Geno.  What is it you know that silly ole' Mikey Mac and Todd Bowles don't?

No worries though, VTF.  You have a die hard Pats fan backing you up on the "start Geno" campaign.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

I wonder why the Jets want Fitz to start over Geno.  What is it you know that silly ole' Mikey Mac and Todd Bowles don't?

No worries though, VTF.  Plenty Pats fans on your side to help carry the torch for Genover.

Jets go 5-11 after paying Fitzpatrick $12 million both Macc and Bowles will be out of jobs. Woody isn't going to put up with this sh*t any longer. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Jets go 5-11 after paying Fitzpatrick $12 million both Macc and Bowles will be out of jobs. Woody isn't going to put up with this sh*t any longer. 

riiiiiight.

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

No worries though, VTF.  Plenty Pats fans on your side to help carry the torch for Genover.

I wonder why the Jets want Fitz to start over Geno yet Fitz is still a free agent.

No worries though, if the Jets sign Fitz then by the end of week 17 I will make sure to revisit this conversation with you then. Im putting this in my bookmarks right now. lol. 

12 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I will indeed. 

And don't forget to remind them to ask for a refund on their season tickets :D

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I wonder why the Jets want Fitz to start over Geno yet Fitz is still a free agent? 

No worries though, if the Jets sign Fitz then by the end of week 17 I will make sure to revisit this conversation with you then. Im putting this in my bookmarks right now. lol. 

All you had to do was ask me and I'd explain it.

- The Jets currently have Geno Smith as their most experienced starter on the roster, and he's due to make just $1.7 million this season.  The average starting NFL QB makes over $15 mil per season.  If the Jets thought as highly of Geno as you do, they, in their minds, would have an absolute steal and could send Ryan Fitzpatrick on his merry way.

- The Jets have probably spent a few minutes or so watching Geno's performances in NFL games while recalling the fact that they benched him for 14 straight weeks last year in favor of Fitzpatrick.

- The Jets realize Fitzpatrick is the better player and worth much more money, but they don't believe he's worth whatever it is he's asking, so they've made their offer to him while waiting for him to cave.  The plan is to pay him much, much, much more than they're paying Geno, and then to play him much, much, much more than Geno.

- Fitz is old, this is his last shot to make money and he has as many kids as Geno had turnovers two seasons ago.  He's going to wait as long as he possibly can in order to make as much money as he can.  It's a bit risky though, because somebody else may see their starting QB get injured, creating another suitor and a bidding war.  Unlikely given Fitz's track record and physical limitations, but not entirely impossible.

- So basically, he's a free agent because of money.  Even though the head coach has named him the starter and the GM and head of personnel have acknowledged that he is their "top priority" and that they want him back, they're not willing to pay him whatever it is he's asking.  Worth noting though, they have said that both sides will have to find some "middle ground", which generally means both sides give a little bit.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

All you had to do was ask me and I'd explain it.

- The Jets currently have Geno Smith as their most experienced starter on the roster, and he's due to make just $1.7 million this season.  The average starting NFL QB makes over $15 mil per season.  If the Jets thought as highly of Geno as you do, they, in their minds, would have an absolute steal and could send Ryan Fitzpatrick on his merry way.

- The Jets have probably spent a few minutes or so watching Geno's performances in NFL games while recalling the fact that they benched him for 14 straight weeks last year in favor of Fitzpatrick.

- The Jets realize Fitzpatrick is the better player and worth much more money, but they don't believe he's worth whatever it is he's asking, so they've made their offer to him while waiting for him to cave.  The plan is to pay him much, much, much more than they're paying Geno, and then to play him much, much, much more than Geno.

- Fitz is old, this is his last shot to make money and he has as many kids as Geno had turnovers two seasons ago.  He's going to wait as long as he possibly can in order to make as much money as he can.  It's a bit risky though, because somebody else may see their starting QB get injured, creating another suitor and a bidding war.  Unlikely given Fitz's track record and physical limitations, but not entirely impossible.

- So basically, he's a free agent because of money.  Even though the head coach has named him the starter and the GM and head of personnel have acknowledged that he is their "top priority" and that they want him back, they're not willing to pay him whatever it is he's asking.  Worth noting though, they have said that both sides will have to find some "middle ground", which generally means both sides give a little bit.

All you have to do is remember the date. "The end of week 17". Bookmarked!

Capture.JPG

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

All you have to do is remember the date. "The end of week 17". Bookmarked. 

Capture.JPG

I bet you and the Pats fan can't wait to celebrate again this season if the Jets miss the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

All you have to do is remember the date. "The end of week 17". Bookmarked!

Capture.JPG

Hopefully they make a move for Glennon in the offseason and then we can both root for them instead of bookmarking predicted elimination dates to win the "told you so" battle.

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Hopefully they make a move for Glennon in the offseason and then we can both root for them instead of bookmarking predicted elimination dates to win the "told you so" battle.

Now there's an idea.  What would you figure it'd cost to get Glennon?  If Fitz doesn't sign by camp, go get an experienced QB to prevent Petty or Hack from having to play if Geno goes down.  If under 4mil, I'm for it.

Just now, Mike135 said:

Now there's an idea.  What would you figure it'd cost to get Glennon.  If Fitz doesn't sign my camp, go get an experienced QB to prevent Petty or Hack from having to play if Geno goes down.  If under 4mil, I'm for it.

Geno and Glennon will both be FA's and Glennon is a million times better than Geno.  Hard to say what he'll get though.  Impossible to predict based on what Osweiller got after playing for 20 minutes.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

lol However you wanna spin it playa! Like I said, if Fitz is signed, I'll see you week 17. 

Bet you can't wait.

How much do they win the SB by if Geno starts?

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Geno and Glennon will both be FA's and Glennon is a million times better than Geno.  Hard to say what he'll get though.  Impossible to predict based on what Osweiller got after playing for 20 minutes.

Oh, my bad, thought you were talking about this year.

Just now, Mike135 said:

Oh, my bad, thought you were talking about this year.

I was, but when you asked about price tag I figured you meant in FA.  Glennon isn't a FA so it would have to be via trade.  If you trade for Glennon then you let Fitz walk and beg somebody to please give you a 7th for Geno...life is good.

Archived