Geno Smith: An Honest Look at the Past

JETSfaninNE

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Geno and Glennon will both be FA's and Glennon is a million times better than Geno.  Hard to say what he'll get though.  Impossible to predict based on what Osweiller got after playing for 20 minutes.

The truest words you've ever spoke! You can add Fitz to that as well. 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im as eager as you would be if "Genover" started! 

Over there calling the kettle "black"! lol. 

I'm not the one bookmarking threads to say "told ya' so". If Geno plays, I'd be shocked, but will root for him like I did against the Raiders. Unfortunately, he Geno'd.

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I'm not the one bookmarking threads to say "told ya' so". If Geno plays, I'd be shocked, but will root for him like I did against the Raiders.

Cool story bro, your prior quotes really display that. 

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Still waiting on the "fair look back" at Jamarcus Russell.  I saw him call an audible once, and he's a free agent.

56 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Enjoy it while it lasts.

If he goes elsewhere, Jets season is over by week 6...week 8 if the defense can pitch a couple of shutouts.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Cool story bro, your prior quotes really display that. 

Just because I don't think he's good, does not mean I won't hope like hell that I'm 100% wrong.

I rooted for Mark Sanchez and Bubby Brister.

That's the difference between you and me.  I hope I'm wrong about Geno being terrible and the Jets win a SB if he's under center.  

You want to bookmark your point in hopes of gloating if the Jets miss the playoffs.

Message board mentality for a lot of fans.  Being right trumps team success.

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I will admit that Geno was definitely thrown into the fire when he wasn't ready during his rookie season (due to Sanchez injury) plus we had terrible skill players back then (we're much improved now).  IIRC, in his 2nd year, when it would be reasonable to expect some improvement (though our skill weapons still stunk), he got worse.  Now he's been around a few years so it's conceivably possible the game has slowed down for him.  Other than Fitz, I don't see a better option to start the year.  I'm still thinking Hack is the QB of the future though and I hope he gets in there around week 8.  It will make next season a heck of a lot more interesting if Hack shows promise.

If you think Geno got worse in his 2nd season, you ought to watch his rookie year. Don't look at the 4 wins to determine how good or bad he was. He improved significantly on ever statistical measurement. He was very good in his last 4 games of his sophomore year when he had healthy Percy n Decker. 

14 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Just because I don't think he's good, does not mean I will hope like hell that I'm 100% wrong.

I rooted for Mark Sanchez and Bubby Brister.

That's the difference between you and me.  I hope I'm wrong about Geno being terrible and the Jets win a SB if he's under center.  

You want to bookmark your point in hopes of gloating if the Jets miss the playoffs.

Message board mentality for a lot of fans.  Being right trumps team success.

Dude, you just sat here 20 minutes ago and said with all the confidence in the world that "I should enjoy it while it lasts because the Jets season will be over NO LATER than Week 8 if Genover is the starter". YOU said that. Dont backpedal, dont backtrack, dont moonwalk on this. Thats what you said a half hour ago. 

Now you sitting here talking about how you rooted for Sanchez. We not talking about Sanchez. We're talking about "Genover" (your words). 

You placed me with "Pats fans" yet the moment I push your own words in your face suddenly you're the "good fan" that will root for a guy and thats why "me and you are different". You're lying. 

Stick to your words. You said, for everyone to see, that the Jets (YOUR TEAM) season would be over by week 6, week 8 if the defense pitches a couple shutouts. 

Stand behind your words!

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Dude, you just sat here 20 minutes ago and said with all the confidence in the world that "I should enjoy it while it lasts because the Jets season will be over NO LATER than Week 8 if Genover is the starter". YOU said that. Dont backpedal, dont backtrack, dont moonwalk on this. Thats what you said a half hour ago. 

Now you sitting here talking about how you rooted for Sanchez. We not talking about Sanchez. We're about "Genover" (your words). 

You placed me with "Pats fans" yet the moment I push your own words in your face that you just stated a half hour ago then suddenly you're the "good fan" that will root for a guy and thats why "me and you are different". You're lying. 

Stick to your words. You said for everyone to see that the Jets (YOUR TEAM) season would be over by week 6, week 8 if the defense pitches a couple shutouts. 

Stand behind your words!

I never changed my words.  I very specifically said that I believe he is a terrible QB but I hope I'm wrong.  I said it in a different thread the other day as well.  I said I hope Fitz comes back and one of the kids steals the job from him.  I don't believe it will be Geno, but if it is, it is.

Not believing in a player is not the same as celebrating their failures.

It's you who can't comprehend the possibility of happily being wrong about a player, which is no surprise as you've already expressed a desire to celebrate being right if the Jets fail.  I don't do that.

10 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I never changed my words.  I very specifically said that I believe he is a terrible QB but I hope I'm wrong.  I said it in a different thread the other day as well.  I said I hope Fitz comes back and one of the kids steals the job from him.  I don't believe it will be Geno, but if it is, it is.

Not believing in a player is not the same as celebrating their failures.

It's you who can't comprehend the possibility of happily being wrong about a player, which is no surprise as you've already expressed a desire to celebrate being right if the Jets fail.  I don't do that.

Na, I dont care what you said in another thread. I've said before in another thread that if "he's resigned then I'll be hating on Fitzpatrick leading all the way up week 1's kickoff, then I'll be on board". That doesnt matter. At the end of the day I dont believe that Fitzpatrick is good enough to get us to the playoffs because he's never been good enough in his entire career. 

However, I have NEVER SAID, with ANY QUARTERBACK that my Jets season will be over by week 6. Then, after saying this, you have the rocks to associate me with patriots fans....after saying what YOU said???? lol. 

Like I said bro. Week 17. I'll make sure to find you. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Na, I dont care what you said in another thread. I've said before in another thread that if "he's resigned that I'll be hating on Fitzpatrick leading all the way up week 1's kickoff, then I'll be on board". That doesnt matter. At the end of the day I dont believe that Fitzpatrick is good enough to get us to the playoffs because he's never been good enough in his entire career. 

However, I have NEVER SAID, with ANY QUARTERBACK that my Jets season will be over by week 6. Then, after saying this, you have the rocks to associate me with patriots fans....after saying what YOU said???? lol. 

Like I said bro. Week 17. I'll make sure to find you. 

LOL...the fact that you don't care doesn't make it untrue.

I think Geno is a bad QB.  If/when he's under center, I'll be praying to the football gods that I'm dead wrong and he wins a bunch of rings.

What I think will happen and what I hope will happen are two different things.

Here's to hoping if Fitz starts he plays well enough to prevent your celebration, though I have my doubts.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

LOL...the fact that you don't care doesn't make it untrue.

I think Geno is a bad QB.  If/when he's under center, I'll be praying to the football gods that I'm dead wrong and he wins a bunch of rings.

What I think will happen and what I hope will happen are two different things.

Here's to hoping if Fitz starts he plays well enough to prevent your celebration, though I have my doubts.

AFJF, 

The next word that you hear from me on this topic will be on this date, after this game. 

Capture.JPG

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

AFJF, 

The next word that you hear from me on this topic will be on this date, after this game. 

Capture.JPG

Cool...I just put the date in my phone in case I forget...called it "VTF celebration if no playoffs"

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

AFJF, 

Capture.JPG

You'll have to give me a few minutes to log on though...as a Jets fan I'll be kinda bummed about a lost season.  We won't all be celebrating.

Signing Fitzpatrick ro an 8 million contract will be 10x worse then the signing of Cromartie last year, and it will be for the same reasons why the Jets go, and sign them, and will be the 2nd time in as many years they would be wrong.

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Signing Fitzpatrick ro an 8 million contract will be 10x worse then the signing of Cromartie last year, and it will be for the same reasons why the Jets go, and sign them, and will be the 2nd time in as many years they would be wrong.

I will see you jan 1st 4:00 pm. capiche?

He was dead on with that tweet though! lol. 

In the context of what? The Jets QB situation after Fitzpatrick is a mess.We have 30 starts of Geno being the worst QB in football. Kellen Clemens didnt even get 10 with the Jets before we threw him out. Enough with this sh*t

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

In the context of what? The Jets QB situation after Fitzpatrick is a mess.We have 30 starts of Geno being the worst QB in football. Kellen Clemens didnt even get 10 with the Jets before we threw him out. Enough with this sh*t

My goodness, take a f'ing joke. 

• 4 months later...
On 5/26/2016 at 2:04 AM, AFJF said:

I hope it doesn't last that long.  Geno is a bad QB, but I don't think he's a horrible human being.  Fitz holding out that long would be a cruel joke.  Let Geno get comfy before pulling the rug out?  Just mean.

Hopefully Fitz takes what the Jets are offering and steps back in to the starting job sooner rather than later.

On 5/26/2016 at 2:05 AM, Villain The Foe said:

So is Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

On 5/26/2016 at 2:07 AM, AFJF said:

Enjoy it while it lasts.

If he goes elsewhere, Jets season is over by week 6...week 8 if the defense can pitch a couple of shutouts.

On 5/26/2016 at 2:19 AM, Villain The Foe said:

I will indeed. 

If Fitz ends up a Jet, I wont be as bold as to tell you exactly what week the Jets season will end, but I gurandamntee you that it willl be over before playoffs start. 

So if Fitz is signed, then make sure you enjoy the season while it lasts.

On 5/26/2016 at 2:26 AM, AFJF said:

I wonder why the Jets want Fitz to start over Geno.  What is it you know that silly ole' Mikey Mac and Todd Bowles don't?

No worries though, VTF.  You have a die hard Pats fan backing you up on the "start Geno" campaign.

On 5/26/2016 at 2:31 AM, Villain The Foe said:

I wonder why the Jets want Fitz to start over Geno yet Fitz is still a free agent.

No worries though, if the Jets sign Fitz then by the end of week 17 I will make sure to revisit this conversation with you then. Im putting this in my bookmarks right now. lol. 

What was that AFJF????

;)

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

What was that AFJF????

;)

Looking forward to this 9-game winning streak.

Get Geno signed long-term now, before his asking price hits $30 million per season.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Looking forward to this 9-game winning streak.

Get Geno signed long-term now, before his asking price hits $30 million per season.

We both know damn well that's not going to happen. This is Geno's last season as a Jet unless he finds a way to get this team into the playoffs...and even with that I'd still be skeptical just for the fact that we need to see him do it for more than just a portion of a season he didnt start. Geno would need to look like an MVP candidate in order for even myself to feel like he should be resigned at this point.

At the end of the day we cant keep drafting QB's while finding opportunities to block their development/playing time. This is why I couldnt agree with the Fitz signing. Geno should have started the season so if we were 1-5 we'd be prepping Petty and not Geno at this point. Water under the bridge though.

Geno needs to be putting together a nice rest of the season in order to advertise himself for his next team. Petty or Hackenberg should be taking over next season, unless Glennon feels my pain and wants to become a Jet. 

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

We both know damn well that's not going to happen. This is Geno's last season as a Jet unless he finds a way to get this team into the playoffs...and even with that I'd still be skeptical just for the fact that we need to see him do it for more than just a portion of a season he didnt start. Geno would need to look like an MVP candidate in order for even myself to feel like he should be resigned at this point.

At the end of the day we cant keep drafting QB's while finding opportunities to block their development/playing time. This is why I couldnt agree with the Fitz signing. Geno should have started the season so if we were 1-5 we'd be prepping Petty and not Geno at this point. Water under the bridge though.

Geno needs to be putting together a nice rest of the season in order to advertise himself for his next team. Petty or Hackenberg should be taking over next season, unless Glennon feels my pain and wants to become a Jet. 

Season is over.

Every single snap that is not taken by Bryce Petty is a waste on the QB position.

If Geno starts more than one or two games, you have to question the competence of the entire organization....again.

And as always, YES to Glennon.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Season is over.

Every single snap that is not taken by Bryce Petty is a waste on the QB position.

If Geno starts more than one or two games, you have to question the competence of the entire organization....again.

And as always, YES to Glennon.

Well, not exactly. Petty's only been back from what seems to have been a major shoulder injury. If Petty was behind Fitz we would have to thrust him right into the limelight and thats not good. Now, if we're in "season over mode" we can throw Geno out there and hope for the best while getting Petty some time to get back into the routine of just throwing a football. 

If Geno fails you can still get a good 7 games under Petty's belt. So even in utter failure the Jets can convince us of "Next year"! lol. 

On 5/22/2016 at 7:01 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Anybody who takes this much time to show Geno "isn't all that bad" in gif form on Twitter really needs to get out more. 

Can I get an Amen brother. Me thinks Geno gave this OP an autographed sh*t stained underwear. 

27 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

So what's the point of starting him? There is none. If Petty is still in recovery mode, throw Hack out there. Who cares what he does. He needs experience. Enough of this shift already. 

8 minutes ago, Powpow said:

So what's the point of starting him? There is none. If Petty is still in recovery mode, throw Hack out there. Who cares what he does. He needs experience. Enough of this shift already. 

The point is that you cant shorten the season and the Jets arent going out there with 10 men on the field. They need a QB and they're not going to continue to put a QB out on the field who's thrown 10INT's and 0TD's in the 2nd half alone and we're only in week 6 of the season. Thats one reason to start. 

Secondly, Petty is healthy but he hasnt really thrown a football. He's only come back this week. Give the man an opportunity to get some reps under him and some familiarity if in fact we need something more than Fitz and Geno. 

Hackenberg looked like sh*t outside of one drive against players who a good portion were cut from the roster. You dont put him out there against the best in the world. You wait, period. Thats the point. 

The point is that you cant shorten the season and the Jets arent going out there with 10 men on the field. They need a QB and they're not going to continue to put a QB out on the field who's thrown 10INT's and 0TD's in the 2nd half alone and we're only in week 6 of the season. Thats one reason to start. 

Secondly, Petty is healthy but he hasnt really thrown a football. He's only come back this week. Give the man an opportunity to get some reps under him and some familiarity if in fact we need something more than Fitz and Geno. 

Hackenberg looked like sh*t outside of one drive against players who a good portion were cut from the roster. You dont put him out there against the best in the world. You wait, period. Thats the point. 

Petty was throwing two weeks ago.  It's only last week that he was participating fully in practice.  By game time, he will have been throwing for three weeks.

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

No you wait. I don't give a rats ass what Hack looks like at this point. He was a 2nd round draft pick as was Geno. Get him game time experience NOW. Better sooner than later. The season is lost so who gives a flying duck. At least we can start seeing what this kid is made of. 

Archived