Have fans forgotten how FA works?

Snell41

Just now, Smashmouth said:

QB's always play awful in the wind ALL OF THEM. That's why running games win games late in the season. That's why Defense and running games win SB's . Its not all about winn the game itself (SB) its about getting there and when you p[lay in bad weather and the QB is struggling you better be a complete team. We were not. We Lost

the wind only affected one QB that day and Buf had less of a run game where their top RB didn't play a snap that day yet their QB was making plays to win.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

paying Osweiler and Bradford 16 + is what's stupid.  Low end starter money is around 10 mil per top end is around 20mil . what's killing Fitz right now is his age and the sh*tty teams he's played for in the past. Teams simply do not want to pay Fitz starter money hoping he will fit into their system at age 33 that's dumb and that's why he's getting no offers. Teams looking to pay in the 7-10 range know its a waste of time because that's the range the Jets are currently in and its obvious Fitz will stay with the Jets if we match.  

His problem is only one team, the Jets, are looking at him as a starter.  The Jets like him because he's just good enough and should be cheap enough to get them to Hackenberg.

Too bad for Fitz no other team in the NFL sees him as a starter so he has no other team to use as leverage to drive up his price to somewhere higher than his talent level dictates.

Fitz fans have to be able to see this.

Just now, nyjunc said:

we know he's not very good at this point, he was a raw rookie who didn't really have a training camp(think santana Moss when he came back late in 2001).  The bottom line is that was an awful pass which did not give his rookie WR a chance to make a play.

All Im trying to say to you nyjunc is that deep passes like that are a very low percentage play most QB's throw the ball to an area and its up to the receiver to adjust Smith didn't adjust. The ball could have had a bit more air under it but in the same respect Smith could have made a batter play on the ball

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

All Im trying to say to you nyjunc is that deep passes like that are a very low percentage play most QB's throw the ball to an area and its up to the receiver to adjust Smith didn't adjust. The ball could have had a bit more air under it but in the same respect Smith could have made a batter play on the ball

sure but when you put the ball in the right spot it minimizes disaster.  he had plenty of room to put it on his outside shoulder where either Smith makes the catch or it's incomplete, he couldn't do that.

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Did Fitz kick the field goal :)

Nope but he did nothing to get our K closer after the momentum changing run by Ivory.

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

QB's always play awful in the wind ALL OF THEM. That's why running games win games late in the season. That's why Defense and running games win SB's . Its not all about winn the game itself (SB) its about getting there and when you p[lay in bad weather and the QB is struggling you better be a complete team. We were not. We Lost

Jets vs Denver, AFCCG was played in howling winds.  Vinny threw for over 350 yards, completed 31 of 52.  

If you have an arm you can better deal with wind.  

If our QB doesnt throw a dumb pick from the 14 we probably win.  Incomplete team and all

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

the wind only affected one QB that day and Buf had less of a run game where their top RB didn't play a snap that day yet their QB was making plays to win.

bottom line is rex,taylor, and the rest of the bills squad came to play. bowles, Fitzpatrick, and the rest of the jets squad(besides marshal) didn't. total team loss. nothing more. nothing less. nothing but a huge disappointment. I do not blame one guy for the loss, but if I did, it wouldn't be one player. it would be the guy responsible for all 53 players

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Tyrod Taylor had 181 yards and had no TD's was he burning it down ?

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Jets vs Denver, AFCCG was played in howling winds.  Vinny threw for over 350 yards, completed 31 of 52.  

If you have an arm you can better deal with wind.  

If our QB doesnt throw a dumb pick from the 14 we probably win.  Incomplete team and all

I think he completed his first 13 or 14 passes, he was great that day.  his teammates let him down.

1 minute ago, ylekram said:

bottom line is rex,taylor, and the rest of the bills squad came to play. bowles, Fitzpatrick, and the rest of the jets squad(besides marshal) didn't. total team loss. nothing more. nothing less. nothing but a huge disappointment. I do not blame one guy for the loss, but if I did, it wouldn't be one player. it would be the guy responsible for all 53 players

a team like that is looking for a reason to get to the offseason, we came out flat and kept them in the game.  it's not all on Fitz but he was one of the main culprits.  

Just now, Smashmouth said:

Tyrod Taylor had 181 yards and had no TD's was he burning it down ?

absolutely, he protected the ball, moved the chains and gave Buf a chance to win. he had no pass TDs but he did have a big rush TD on a 3rd down.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

absolutely, he protected the ball, moved the chains and gave Buf a chance to win. he had no pass TDs but he did have a big rush TD on a 3rd down.

0 turnovers.  Fitz's turnovers cost us the game. When TT had a chance he took advantage of it. Our guy didnt.

You cant reach these fans, theyre hell bent on defending mediocre QB play

Just now, nyjunc said:

I think he completed his first 13 or 14 passes, he was great that day.  his teammates let him down.

a team like that is looking for a reason to get to the offseason, we came out flat and kept them in the game.  it's not all on Fitz but he was one of the main culprits.  

usually teams not making the playoffs are looking forward to the offseason. but come  on, this was rex's super bowl. you know that. lets not act like buffalo half heartedly walzed to a victory because fitz was a main culprit. the main culprit would be the guy who had 52 guys come out flat

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The bold is pure nonsense.  A division rival with a chance to send us home....they were out for the win!

Just now, Jet Nut said:

0 turnovers.  Fitz's turnovers cost us the game.  

You cant reach these fans, theyre hell bent on defending mediocre QB play

So why do you want Fitz back then?  You've said a number of times you want him back, cheap.

Yet you blame alot of last year on him and give him very little credit.  And you're hard core aggressive denouncing others who want Fitz back.

So why do you want him back exactly?

To me in that game the entire team did not have the mental edge to take charge. They came out flat. I thought it was more mental than physical. They had won 5 in a row but weren't mentally prepared or ready enough to win a sixth. It's not easy. Not many teams in 2015 won six in a row. So to be in the game trailing by only 5 with 44 seconds on the clock and possession of the ball put us in a position to win. And the odds weren't a million to one. 

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

we know he's not very good at this point, he was a raw rookie who didn't really have a training camp(think santana Moss when he came back late in 2001).  The bottom line is that was an awful pass which did not give his rookie WR a chance to make a play.

First it wasn't a terrible pass. Just go to the video tape. And you said there were a boat load of plays where Fitz threw terrible passes and he was open. I'd like to see them. If there's a boatload then I'm wrong. What I saw from Devin was him not making plays, separating, getting the step on a receiver deep, etc. He was usually covered.  Fitz imo was adequate enough on the deep patterns for him to be more successful. 

50 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

They are but they didn't do it every game. Remember the 5 games before the buffalo game ? Are you saying anything about each and every one of those games that would have eliminated us ? Fitz lit it up in those games and in one vs the Pats he drove us up the field in less than 2 minutes on 3 consecutive passes and won the game. Did ya count that ? Did Fitz have to do that every single week ?? Did he have to do it in EVERY contested football game ?? Is every loss Fitz fault ?????????

Yes everything was Fitz fault, including him being born.  Take off the ******* glasses man, Fitz is a limited QB who won't win you anything.  Forget Geno, he won't win you sh*t either, but he doesn't cost you 10 million.

The future of the NYJ is better off never giving Ryan Fitzpatrick another dollar, not because G Smith is better, or one of the kids is better, but because Fitz is NOT the future of this team, and will cost them future assets at the money he is commanding.  I don't understand how you guys don't get that.

28 minutes ago, ylekram said:

usually teams not making the playoffs are looking forward to the offseason. but come  on, this was rex's super bowl. you know that. lets not act like buffalo half heartedly walzed to a victory because fitz was a main culprit. the main culprit would be the guy who had 52 guys come out flat

28 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

The bold is pure nonsense.  A division rival with a chance to send us home....they were out for the win!

if we came out strong the game could have been over in the 1st half.  Instead we gave them life by playing so poorly. Remember 2010 when we played Buf week 17?  they were a dead team that day too but we came out and crushed them and it was over before the half.  Buf got their rex win vs. us at the meadowlands.  They had a ton of injuries and were looking to get to the offseason but we played around w/ them and kept them in it.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

They are but they didn't do it every game. Remember the 5 games before the buffalo game ? Are you saying anything about each and every one of those games that would have eliminated us ? Fitz lit it up in those games and in one vs the Pats he drove us up the field in less than 2 minutes on 3 consecutive passes and won the game. Did ya count that ? Did Fitz have to do that every single week ?? Did he have to do it in EVERY contested football game ?? Is every loss Fitz fault ?????????

we would not have been eliminated had we lost one of them and had we lost to NYG or dal we would have been in the exact same situation heading into week 17.

oh and he didn't play well most of that stretch.

21 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Yes everything was Fitz fault, including him being born.  Take off the ******* glasses man, Fitz is a limited QB who won't win you anything.  Forget Geno, he won't win you sh*t either, but he doesn't cost you 10 million.

The future of the NYJ is better off never giving Ryan Fitzpatrick another dollar, not because G Smith is better, or one of the kids is better, but because Fitz is NOT the future of this team, and will cost them future assets at the money he is commanding.  I don't understand how you guys don't get that.

so the jets shouldn't have given any dollars to any qb over the past 20 years? none of them were the future. yea, that's a great strategy. don't pay a competent qb 1 dollar because he is not the future.

39 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

ya, tyrod ran thru the jets defense like it was swiss cheese. 30 yards, wasn't it?

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

if we came out strong the game could have been over in the 1st half.  Instead we gave them life by playing so poorly. Remember 2010 when we played Buf week 17?  they were a dead team that day too but we came out and crushed them and it was over before the half.  Buf got their rex win vs. us at the meadowlands.  They had a ton of injuries and were looking to get to the offseason but we played around w/ them and kept them in it.

coming from your own mouth. "we" as in team. absolutely no argument there

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

we would not have been eliminated had we lost one of them and had we lost to NYG or dal we would have been in the exact same situation heading into week 17.

oh and he didn't play well most of that stretch.

you really don't believe this, do you?

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

watch Smith on that play he never adjusts his speed or his route. That ball was thrown 20 yards before the spot of the play and it was a terrible adjustment. Good experienced Receivers make a play on that ball. Could it have been thrown a bit deeper ? Yes but its still up to the WR to make a play on every deep ball thrown.

Yeah well, he was a rookie

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

then why the **** are you blaming it on Fitz ? Just because he threw the football ? Just because he's Fitz ? Ridiculous

No, not because he's Fitz, but because it was a sh*tty throw maybe? Defender in the inside shoulder, WR on the out. Where would a QB throw the ball? Well, if it's Fitz, it's probably the inside shoulder cuz he knows his two starting WRs would make the adjustments and bail him out like they did the entire year. But Fitz got screwed. No one bailed him! 

Thats "why the **** I'm blaming it on Fitz". 

3 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Your really a complete jackass, lol, post about how I'm not worth your time, and your done with me, then post non-stop about me, can't make this crap up

Stop playin' the victim son. I got your notifications, I just decided not to respond to them.

I told you to leave it alone, you dont. Im not complaining, so dont you. 

How's your foot? lol. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Stop playin' the victim son. I got your notifications, I just decided not to respond to them. I dont respond to you, you respond to me. 

I told you to leave it alone, you dont. Im not complaining, so dont you. 

How's your foot? lol. 

What the hell are you talking about? I really hope you smoke a ton of weed and are stoned all the time.

29 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Yeah well, he was a rookie

7 minutes ago, j4jets said:

No, not because he's Fitz, but because it was a sh*tty throw maybe? Defender in the inside shoulder, WR on the out. Where would a QB throw the ball? Well, if it's Fitz, it's probably the inside shoulder cuz he knows his two starting WRs would make the adjustments and bail him out like they did the entire year. But Fitz got screwed. No one bailed him! 

Thats "why the **** I'm blaming it on Fitz". 

Archived