Ryan Fitzpatrick clear he wants to play for the Jets

Jetfan13

Free-agent quarterback  Ryan FitzPatrick, in his first public comment since the end of the season, said Monday that he wants to return to the NY Jets,  Rich Cimin of New York ESPN reports

" I would like to Be back"  Fitzpatrick told two reporters at Willie Colons charity golf outing at 

Hudson national golf.

Fitzpatrick who is engaged in a 3 month contract stalemate,  dispel rumors that he may retire  if he doesn't receive the money he covets.

" I am playing," he said, " I am playing football next season"

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jetfan13 said:

Free-agent quarterback  Ryan FitzPatrick, in his first public comment since the end of the season, said Monday that he wants to return to the NY Jets,  Rich Cimin of New York ESPN reports

" I would like to Be back"  Fitzpatrick told two reporters at Willie Colons charity golf outing at 

Hudson national golf.

Fitzpatrick who is engaged in a 3 month contract stalemate,  dispel rumors that he may retire  if he doesn't receive the money he covets.

" I am playing," he said, " I am playing football next season"

Then he's playing for the Jets. There is no way any team is paying anymore than 7 million for Fitz to be a backup. This tells me he's getting antsy & he wants to be the starting QB for the NY Jets. Guy on Sirius NFL after hearing Fitz said, "where is there any better place for Fitz?, he's got playmakers all around him in Marshall, Decker, Forte, and close friends like Nick Mangold, and the OC he's had the most success with". Fitz probably has never in his career had more fun than he did last year. After hearing him finally speak out I'm absolutely positive he's coming back & Macc has a long list of incentives waiting for him, Playoffs, overall wins, TDs (starting at 31,lol), AFC division champs, AFC Champs, Super Bowl lol (this one has the odds of that last power ball).

So does  Mac drop his offer and play the prick, keep it the same or throw him a bone? I like the incentive arrangement Jetster implied

Al, you've been quiet on this.

You want Fitz back or should the Jets move in a different direction?

Low Contract (7 or so) with Incentives on top of incentives.  2 years.

Gives us a moderately competitive placeholder now, is cheap if he doesn't perform, and gives us a mentor for our two kid QB's.

If I was a betting man, thats what I'd bet the final outcome will be.....presuming Macc and Bowles don't actually love Geno.

And if they love Geno, why wouldn't the persuit of Fitz be done by now and Geno named starter?

It's the fact that that has not happened, more than anything, that tells me the Organization has no faith at all in Geno Smith as a #1 Qb.

3 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Al, you've been quiet on this.

You want Fitz back or should the Jets move in a different direction?

For 7, 8 mill? Yes. Not for what he is asking. Having said that, if Geno is our starter week #1 I AM THROUGH. I would rather see Petty or Hackenberg cause they might surprise us, we know what Geno is.

4 minutes ago, Jetfan13 said:

For 7, 8 mill? Yes. Not for what he is asking. Having said that, if Geno is our starter week #1 I AM THROUGH. I would rather see Petty or Hackenberg cause they might surprise us, we know what Geno is.

You are through? For the season or forever? LOTS of people make that claim. Few if any follow up. The Jets are a drug and we are all addicts. Easier said than done.

Of all the teams around the league, I can only think of SF and maybe Denver as being unsettled at QB for the coming year. And even Denver is a long shot (Sanchez vs. Fitz, not really a clear winner there). Even Cleveland have "their guy" having had the chance to sign Fitz when he was available.

So realistically, it's NYJ or the couch. If he's serious about playing next year, he'll have to move his stance on salary expectations.

11 minutes ago, St Louie Jet Fan said:

You are through? For the season or forever? LOTS of people make that claim. Few if any follow up. The Jets are a drug and we are all addicts. Easier said than done.

Luckily it won't be necessary to be put to the test

We aren't signinf any other free agents that are gonna make any sort of difference. I don't care how much we spend this year. I only care about his cap hit next year. If we can make him cheaper and/or expendeble in 2017. I don't care how much we decide to pay him this year.

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

We aren't signinf any other free agents that are gonna make any sort of difference. I don't care how much we spend this year. I only care about his cap hit next year. If we can make him cheaper and/or expendeble in 2017. I don't care how much we decide to pay him this year.

Whose turn is it to explain the cap?

Kick rocks, Fitz.  Last year was great.  Had a blast watching him and his passion for the game.  We got the best Ryan Fitzpatrick he could possibly be and still came up short vs the easiest schedule in league history.  

Ryan Fitzpatrick does nothing to advance this franchise.  Nothing! 

30 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Funny. Unless it's true. Then it wouldn't be funny at all. 

I think denver has to be still in it.  I would think elway asked his agent to give him a chance to match anything if he gets close to signing with the jets

its either that or he just wants to skip the first 2 weeks of camp

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Kick rocks, Fitz.  Last year was great.  Had a blast watching him and his passion for the game.  We got the best Ryan Fitzpatrick he could possibly be and still came up short vs the easiest schedule in league history.  

If he sucks he'll be benched like many times before.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Low Contract (7 or so) with Incentives on top of incentives.  2 years.

Gives us a moderately competitive placeholder now, is cheap if he doesn't perform, and gives us a mentor for our two kid QB's.

If I was a betting man, thats what I'd bet the final outcome will be.....presuming Macc and Bowles don't actually love Geno.

And if they love Geno, why wouldn't the persuit of Fitz be done by now and Geno named starter?

It's the fact that that has not happened, more than anything, that tells me the Organization has no faith at all in Geno Smith as a #1 Qb.

I would be up for something along these lines.  I would give us the right to have one of the kids win the starting job in 2017 and I would give him the right to test the waters in year-2 if we decide to do that.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

So in your scenario, the Jets play Geno until the wheels fall off, likely week 4 or 5 if not sooner, and then what? Play one of the not ready for prime time young guys? That doesn't seem to do much for the franchise going forward either. 

Archived