OTAs May 25th Tweets

JETSfaninNE

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jetrider said:

And that's without our superstar wideouts that catch Fitzpatrick balls off their shoelaces all day.

As opposed to the other team catching them when geno is back there?

obviously it is only a practice with no pads, but it is at least encouraging that geno and amaro are looking good so far. I hope geno continues to do well and wins the starting job. Maybe the year off humbled him and he matured more??

I'm really trying to figure out where this imaginary narritive that Geno has looked good in practices came from.  Last year was the only year where I remember hearing "Wow, Geno Smith looks great" and we all know why that work and progress didn't get to be shown off in the regular season.  I mean sh*t, didn't Rex infamously call one of his practices horrendous or something like that his rookie year???  The second year all I really remember hearing was our wideouts and weapons suck (Decker aside), that there is a competition but there really wasnt, and that Geno and Vick looked identical in practice so the nod goes to the younger guy anyway.

Seriously.  I find it absolutely hilarious that some of you will to go such extreme lengths to just sh*t all over any sort of positive news that comes out on the guy. 

15 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Geno has always looked good in practice. That's never been his issue. He just never translates it to Sundays.

I'm not a Geno supporter but let me call BS on this new false narrative emerging about Geno being a great practice player. He underwhelmed on the practice field and on Sundays in 2013 and 2014. Last year was the first real time we heard reports that he was looking good in practice and we obviously didn't see whether or not that was going to translate on the field. 

Regardless, it's apparent that the team has little to no faith in him as they're openly courting Fitz to return - and that should speak louder than anything else about Geno at this point - but let's not make stuff up just as another way to express Geno hatred.  

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Kaaya isn't even a first round talent.

HOW SO?   He completed 61 percent of his passes for 3,242 yards with 16 touchdowns and five interceptions

He also had a trash cast around him. He is basically like Hackenberg was, except that he can throw the ball accurately 

1 hour ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Geno to Thompkins

Petty Misses Peake

And there it is ... Petty can't even keep it on the field at 20 yards.

This is exactly how I remember Petty before Jets drafted him. He's only accurate at dorm room distances.

Also note: this is without the new defensive schemes he learned from Madden.

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

No, we have Geno's worthless ass. Geno is so bad they offered a career journeyman 11 mill a year just so they didn't have to start Geno. 

We'll soon see how it turns out.  Just good to see Geno kickin @ss in the meantime.

Anyone know when they start practicing in pads?  

1 hour ago, jetrider said:

And there it is ... Petty can't even keep it on the field at 20 yards.

This is exactly how I remember Petty before Jets drafted him. He's only accurate at dorm room distances.

Also note: this is without the new defensive schemes he learned from Madden.

Yeah only 63% completions at 10 yards per attempt for his career. 62 TDs and 10 ints. Guy cannot hit a barn. 

Archived