OTAs May 25th Tweets

JETSfaninNE

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Tom Brady needs to be immediately cut because he throws no deep passes.

When Brady had Moss, he slung it deep all the time, especially in 07.

Brady also slings it deep any time Gronk gets down there fast enough, Brady can throw deep, it's just he doesn't do it too often.

Big difference between a guy who can't and a guy whom only does it the smart way.

2 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

When Brady had Moss, he slung it deep all the time, especially in 07.

Brady also slings it deep any time Gronk gets down there fast enough, Brady can throw deep, it's just he doesn't do it too often.

Big difference between a guy who can't and a guy whom only does it the smart way.

Right and his oline blows.  He basically has to have the ball out in 3 seconds or he's dead.

5 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

We should sticky a breakdown of the upcoming important offseason dates.  Is that info available (e.g. OTA dates, mandatory dates, camp...)?

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=NYJ+off+season+schedule

http://nyj.247sports.com/Bolt/NFL-announces-New-York-Jets-offseason-dates-44589178

I'm calling "shenanigans" with Geno being accurate in practice.

IIRC, Geno has a long wind up. If that doesn't change, along with the many other improvements needed, his Sunday results won't change much, IMO. 

That long wind up is a big problem. dbacks are just too fast for us to be using a guy that stared down a receiver then has a long delivery. 

sh*t needs to change NOW, Geno!!!

21 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

I'm calling "shenanigans" with Geno being accurate in practice.

IIRC, Geno has a long wind up. If that doesn't change, along with the many other improvements needed, his Sunday results won't change much, IMO. 

That long wind up is a big problem. dbacks are just too fast for us to be using a guy that stared down a receiver then has a long delivery. 

sh*t needs to change NOW, Geno!!!

Respectfully disagree.  His windup may be the least of his problems.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15727061/new-york-jets-qb-geno-smith-says-trying-take-advantage-opportunity

Smith got testy with a reporter who asked if he wants Fitzpatrick to return.

"That's up to the front office and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Why would I speak on that?" Smith bristled, refusing to answer any follow-up questions from that particular reporter.

Glad to see he is really turning it around and being a leader!

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15727061/new-york-jets-qb-geno-smith-says-trying-take-advantage-opportunity

"That's up to the front office and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Why would I speak on that?" Smith bristled, refusing to answer any follow-up questions from that particular reporter.

Don't blame Geno on that one, some people clearly simply want to ask Troll questions.  F'em

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

That's a loaded question. If he says he wants Fitz back, then he is saying he wants to be the backup (since Bowles already said Fitz is the starter) if he says he doesn't want him back then he is being selfish. As for the tone of Geno's voice, he "bristled" doesn't sound something SOJF needs to whine about. 

9 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That would be something if Manish broke his jaw this year.  

14 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That's a loaded question. If he says he wants Fitz back, then he is saying he wants to be the backup (since Bowles already said Fitz is the starter) if he says he doesn't want him back then he is being selfish. As for the tone of Geno's voice, he "bristled" doesn't sound something SOJF needs to whine about. 

Or, if he were a man, he'd say "Yes, it would be great. He's a good dude, excellent teammate, and would make a great backup to me"

You'd say that even if you were like everyone else and didn't believe it. 

7 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Or, if he were a man, he'd say "Yes, it would be great. He's a good dude, excellent teammate, and would make a great backup to me"

You'd say that even if you were like everyone else and didn't believe it. 

Ha, gotta disagree there.  "Fans" would consider that pompous and over confident.

I think he played it right.  If you watch the locker room Q&A, he seemed to handle himself very well.  

It's Decker I'm worried about.  Marshall I believe has shown support to both Fitz and Geno.  Decker on the other hand seems a bit too Fitz supportive.  I'd expect better from a veteran player.

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Strange that Marshall, Decker and Mangold all wern't there.  Can't help but wonder if this is some kind of Fitz solidarity thing.

Sadder should have been the word you used these guys need to get their asses in camp regardless of who the damn QB is. 

Prima Donna's who have WON NOTHING.

25 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

All he has to say is I want what's best for the team and I'll leave those decisions up to Coach and Mike. Period. I feel like all of these dudes need media training. It's not good. 

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Strange that Marshall, Decker and Mangold all wern't there.  Can't help but wonder if this is some kind of Fitz solidarity thing.

If it is, it reflects poorly on Bowles.

Could you imagine (insert good coach's name here) allowing that?  "Optional" or not.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

If it is, it reflects poorly on Bowles.

Could you imagine (insert good coach's name here) allowing that?  "Optional" or not.

Not saying that is what's going on, but it sure is odd.  i can't remember Mangold ever missing OTA's.  Decker either for that matter

Just now, flgreen said:

Not saying that is what's going on, but it sure is odd.  i can't remember Mangold ever missing OTA's.  Decker either for that matter

I'm not sure of past OTA attendance, but yeah, definitely odd.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sadder should have been the word you used these guys need to get their asses in camp regardless of who the damn QB is. 

Prima Donna's who have WON NOTHING.

This isn't camp.  This is voluntary.

18 minutes ago, flgreen said:

It certainly does feel that way.  I can't remember a situation where so many people expressed their opinion on someone else's contract...I must admit I have some concern about the respect that Mac/Bowles from the players.

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Dont care 

Right, because why let facts get in the way of a stupid argument? Bowles is the head coach of a professional football team, not a f*cking babysitter.  His responsibility is to take care of the guys who did show up.  If them not showing up to voluntary workouts has something to do with the Fitzpatrick situation then that reflects poorly on them, no one else.  I say this as a personal fan of all 3 of the no-shows.

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It certainly does feel that way.  I can't remember a situation where so many people expressed their opinion on someone else's contract...I must admit I have some concern about the respect that Mac/Bowles from the players.

Lol...stop.

32 minutes ago, flgreen said:

All of these practices without pads are basically meaningless to the veterans...the new CBA sucks. These guys need to actually practice.

Wait, some of you complain about Geno's lack of leadership, but you're not concerned with the coach's leadership?  Which should be unquestioned and Trumps all.

I'm not saying this is some organized holdout, but if it is, this is horrible for Bowles.  

Who knows, maybe Bowles gave them the holiday weekend off to see the younger guys.  If not though, this is bad.  

Imagine if Edelman, Amendola and Gronk just skipped OTAs because of a contract issue with Brady.  We'd be killing Belichick.  But it would never freakin happen because Bill rules that place.

Archived