OTAs May 25th Tweets

JETSfaninNE

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And it starts...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/25/brandon-marshall-eric-decker-nick-mangold-skipping-jets-otas/

Thankfully Mangold has an excuse.  Had a kid on Tuesday.

Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, Nick Mangold skipping Jets OTAs

112915-NFL-NY-Jets-Eric-Decker-Brandon-Marshall-celebrate-4Q-TD-MM-PI.vadapt.980.high.39Getty Images

Advantage Fitz.

With the Jets and quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick willing to continue their relationship but unable to work out a new contract, a trio of Fitzpatrick’s biggest supporters coincidentally have skipped the last two days of Organized Team Activities.

Per multiple reports, receivers Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker and center Nick Mangold haven’t shown up either of the last two days.

Via Rich Cimini of ESPN.com, coach Todd Bowles downplayed the absences, pointing out that the workouts are voluntary.

Bowles said he doesn’t think the players are making a statement by staying away. Common sense suggests otherwise. With the team unwilling to pay Fitzpatrick an amount similar to what other starters make, it’s likely no accident that these three key members of the offense are choosing not to do something that most NFL players choose to do.

The development makes it even more important that the two sides get together as soon as possible, get in a room, lock the door, and work out a contract. Every days, parties engaged in acrimonious, hostile civil litigation submit to mediation sessions that result in a settlement of their claims. If two sides that hate each other can get in a room and resolve their differences, two sides that like each other surely can do the same.

If they don’t do it soon, these two sides that like each other could quickly end up not liking each other.

UPDATE 5:25 p.m. ET: Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that Mangold’s wife gave birth on Tuesday. This doesn’t explain the absences of Marshall and Decker, obviously.

12 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

And it starts...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/25/brandon-marshall-eric-decker-nick-mangold-skipping-jets-otas/

Thankfully Mangold has an excuse.  Had a kid on Tuesday.

Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, Nick Mangold skipping Jets OTAs

112915-NFL-NY-Jets-Eric-Decker-Brandon-Marshall-celebrate-4Q-TD-MM-PI.vadapt.980.high.39Getty Images

Advantage Fitz.

With the Jets and quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick willing to continue their relationship but unable to work out a new contract, a trio of Fitzpatrick’s biggest supporters coincidentally have skipped the last two days of Organized Team Activities.

Per multiple reports, receivers Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker and center Nick Mangold haven’t shown up either of the last two days.

Via Rich Cimini of ESPN.com, coach Todd Bowles downplayed the absences, pointing out that the workouts are voluntary.

Bowles said he doesn’t think the players are making a statement by staying away. Common sense suggests otherwise. With the team unwilling to pay Fitzpatrick an amount similar to what other starters make, it’s likely no accident that these three key members of the offense are choosing not to do something that most NFL players choose to do.

The development makes it even more important that the two sides get together as soon as possible, get in a room, lock the door, and work out a contract. Every days, parties engaged in acrimonious, hostile civil litigation submit to mediation sessions that result in a settlement of their claims. If two sides that hate each other can get in a room and resolve their differences, two sides that like each other surely can do the same.

If they don’t do it soon, these two sides that like each other could quickly end up not liking each other.

UPDATE 5:25 p.m. ET: Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that Mangold’s wife gave birth on Tuesday. This doesn’t explain the absences of Marshall and Decker, obviously.

It just gives guys like Robby Anderson a chance to impress the coaches.  I believe he made a couple of nice plays today.  As long as they don't continue their absence for the rest of OTAs it should not be a problem. However, they do run the risk of dividing the locker room over this.... 

2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Let them stay out.  It just gives guys like Robby Anderson a chance to impress the coaches.  I believe he made a couple of nice plays today.  As long as they don't continue 
their absence for the rest of OTAs it should not be a problem. However, they do run the risk of dividing the locker room over this.... 

Yup, if they're not in there after the weekend I'll start to worry.

4 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Marhsall, Decker, and Mangold are all letting their personal feelings get in the way of business.

Bitch boy sh*t if you ask me

We don't know that for sure yet.  And Mangold just had a kid, so there's his excuse.

I could see diva WRs doing it, not Mangold though.

Decker?  Na...

FB_IMG_1443732518619_zpsdcojqa7x.jpg?w=4

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

All he has to say is I want what's best for the team and I'll leave those decisions up to Coach and Mike. Period. I feel like all of these dudes need media training. It's not good. 

"That's up to the front office and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Why would I speak on that?"

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Right, because why let facts get in the way of a stupid argument? Bowles is the head coach of a professional football team, not a f*cking babysitter.  His responsibility is to take care of the guys who did show up.  If them not showing up to voluntary workouts has something to do with the Fitzpatrick situation then that reflects poorly on them, no one else.  I say this as a personal fan of all 3 of the no-shows.

I agree and they should be there. 

3 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Yeah, your as much of a Jets fan as is PatsTrollTx

I am a huge Jets fan, I just recognize the facts.

The facts are Decker got owned by Brandon Browner in the super Bowl.

While Malcom Butler ate Russell top 5 QB Wilson's snacks.

34 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Yeah, your as much of a Jets fan as is PatsTrollTx

Hmmm...looks like Colgate and Kraft almost had a merger many years ago.  "Clever" Pats fan screen name?

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

"That's up to the front office and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Why would I speak on that?"

All he all he needed was the first sentence. Again, he needs media training. But not sure that would even help him. He's always had that attitude. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

All he all he needed was the first sentence. Again, he needs media training. But not sure that would even help him. He's always had that attitude. 

Cam Newton is a douche with the media, but also the reigning MVP, and NFC champion QB so he gets a pass, if Geno wins that's all that matters the rest will just be noise fans won't care about. 

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Cam Newton is a douche with the media, but also the reigning MVP, and NFC champion QB so he gets a pass, if Geno wins that's all that matters the rest will just be noise fans won't care about. 

That's one problem though. He hasn't won anything and he comes off in a very negative light to many people. 

8 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That's one problem though. He hasn't won anything and he comes off in a very negative light to many people. 

Edit didn't mean to quote and can't  delete it for down reason ...

lol funny thing is Petty struggled in these same OTA's .. Some of y'all Ready to give Madden King the keys to he franchise 

19 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yup, he seems like a real prick.

http://m.newyorkjets.com/news/article-randylangefb/Geno-Smith-Starts-7-Sunday-Heroes/80622a33-cf05-40f9-b3af-0501784ead1d

Geno Smith Starts '7 Sunday Heroes'
facebook@2x.png twitter@2x.png
AP_51531882702-geno-article.jpg

Quarterback Geno Smithicon-article-link.gif kicked off a new philanthropic program, which he calls "7 Sunday Heroes," at the Jets' season opener against the Browns. The program will craft a unique game experience during the Jets' seven Sunday home games for kids in need served by Boys and Girls Clubs and other youth development organizations.

The first of the seven memorable experiences was awarded to Khaaliq Smith after a recommendation from the Boys and Girls Clubs of Hudson County. Khaaliq, 15, has been a Boys and Girls Clubs of Hudson County kid for four years. A sophomore at Great Futures Charters High School for the Health Sciences and a varsity football player for Lincoln High School in Jersey City, Khaaliq has been grappling with the recent death of his father this past summer after an automobile accident.

Dania Diaz, managing director of philanthropy for Roc Nation, explained that when Smith said he wanted to offer young people a game experience they wouldn't otherwise have had, "we worked quickly with the exceptional community relations team at the Jets to make it happen."
"This program just means reaching out to families," Smith said this week. "I wanted to reach out to families that were in need, people who needed to be uplifted. Khaaliq and his mom came to the Browns game. And just having him at the game watching us play when we had a great victory, it uplifted his spirits. His mom sent an incredible note with pictures and everything."

"Today was the first day I saw my son's eyes without sadness since his father passed," said Shelia Smith, Khaaliq's mother. "This was an absolutely priceless moment to share with him."

Each Sunday Hero selected through the program will receive two tickets to a designated Jets home game, a special postgame meet-and-greet with Smith, club passes to the Chase Toyota Club, an autographed Geno Smith Jets jersey, and other Jets merchandise.

Diaz's team at Roc Nation's philanthropy department have already begun discussions with the Boys and Girls Clubs of Newark to select the next Sunday Hero for the Sept. 27 Jets-Eagles game.

"It's just a blessing to be able to give back, no matter what it is, who it is, how big or small," Smith said. "I think it's definitely worth it."

Archived