Report: Jets Offer to Fitz at $12 Million in First Year of 3-Year/$24M Deal

JetNation

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

The thought of just paying Fitz 12-15 million would be ridiculous, but giving him a 3 year deal on top of that?  

Literally scratching my head right now. This cant be true. 

I would assume there is not much guaranteed money after the first season. 

Just now, BurnleyJet said:

Since March! Greedy douche bag. Also if he takes it,we cut Mo to sign him. Then if he reverts to sh*t Fitz, he's getting chased out of NY on that money.

I'm gonna' go out on a limb and say Mo doesn't get cut.  

7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I dunno man...that's a pretty damn specific number.  Not like Cimini's report a few weeks back that said Jets offer was more than $7 million...leaves A LOT of wiggle room.  This paints him in to  a corner and negotiations may be at the point that facts start getting leaked.

No validity to it at all. It's the exact same language we've been hearing for over month on this. "It's reported" or "sources say." That means nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The thought of just paying Fitz 12-15 million would be ridiculous, but giving him a 3 year deal on top of that?  

Literally scratching my head right now. This cant be true. 

I can't wrap my head around this, they might as well cut Devin Smith, and anyone else who specializes in taking the top of the D.  This limits the Jets offense to 2 WR'S, and a RB, when 2 of the 3 get hurt, and they will the Jets offense is going to be useless.

15 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Believe what you want. And jump to conclusions that you want to hear. But when the Jets writers don't get spit. They make things up. It's a matter of survival. 

You can't stomach even the possibility that the Jets have reacted and behaved horably here that maybe just maybe they have attempted to treat Fitz well. 

That maybe he and his agent in attempt to maximize his dollars have sought from the Jets probably more than double than any other sane franchise was willing to give Fitz, thank Hoyer here.  

You would rather deny every post or newspaper story that runs counter to your narrative of the Jets low balling Fitz, which was nothing more than a media report to begin with.  

And that offer has been on the table since March!!

Good Grief!!

NFL network talking about it now:

Heath Evans: What is he waiting for?  Market set itself.  

O' Hara: One or two more million won't change things for him.  He can get it back in incentives.

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I can't wrap my head around this, they might as well cut Devin Smith, and anyone else who specializes in taking the top of the D.  This limits the Jets offense to 2 WR'S, and a RB, when 2 of the 3 get hurt, and they will the Jets offense is going to be useless.

True. 

Whats the point of having Devin Smith? Whats the point of having Charone Peake and those other 2 WR's for that matter? 

Fitpatrick had a nice season. Yes the heck he did, but this nonsense here....Straight-Outta-Control.png

Jets a re a ******* joke.

as another poster mentioned, the jets are just going to waste several receivers on their roster that have great deep ball skills.

same OL jets though, terribly run organization, joke of a team, this team is at most 6-10 next year. What a sh*t show. I guess the circus never left.

This was just posted on NFL.com

Jets' offer for Fitzpatrick includes $12M in first year

Ryan Fitzpatrick and the New York Jets can't get on the same page. On Friday, we got a little more clarity on the contract offer that has left the two sides in a stalemate since March.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday that the Jets offered a three-year deal that includes $12 million in the first season back in March, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Mark Cannizzaro of the New York Post first reported the specific contract figure.

0ap3000000659416.jpg

The $12 million would keep Fitzpatrick near the bottom of the totem pole for veteran starting quarterbacks, but represents a sensible offer when compared to earlier reports that pegged theJets' offer in the neighborhood of $8 million per season.

Earlier this week, Fitzpatrick broke his public silence and expressed an upbeat attitude about the possibility of a deal getting done. 

Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker and Nick Mangold -- veterans who have called for Fitzpatrick's return -- were absent from organized team activities, but it's unclear if Fitzpatrick's situation had anything to do with their decisions to stay away from the voluntary workouts.

The bottom line: Barring an unforeseen outside development, Fitzpatrick is highly unlikely to find an offer that will beat the Jets' deal. Fitzpatrick clearly wants more, but he's missing the most important weapon in negotiations -- leverage.

If true, this dude has actually left this deal on the table. Wilkerson must feel highly disrespected right now. 

35 minutes ago, Larz said:

guaranteed money is all that matters, which is more than likely the hang up

I really doubt they offered and he turned down $12 guaranteed

If he's on the team for the first game, as a vet, the 12 M is automatically guaranteed 

Just now, Matt39 said:

In terms of NFL starters that's gotta be on the low end aside from the rookies no?

Carson Palmer (the runner up for MVP) makes less than that.

tom the greatest quarterback of all time Brady, makes much less than that.

tyrod Taylor, whom torched the jets twice makes less than that.

for a quarterback like fitz, it is way overpaid, fitztragic deserves hoyer money.

Same Ol jets though, what can you expect from a clownshow?

1 minute ago, Colgateman said:

Carson Palmer (the runner up for MVP) makes less than that.

tom the greatest quarterback of all time Brady, makes much less than that.

tyrod Taylor, whom torched the jets twice makes less than that.

for a quarterback like fitz, it is way overpaid, fitztragic deserves hoyer money.

Same Ol jets though, what can you expect from a clownshow?

Brady is paid off the books.

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If it's $12 mil the first year, then the guaranteed portion is obviously more than $12 mil, which is +$12 mil more than Fitz was offered by literally everyone else.

Elway: How much is the Jet's offer?

Fitz's agent: $12 million per

Elway: We can't offer you more. Good luck in your endeavors.

Fitz's agent: Thanks, Goodbye.

We don't have a clue as to what the rest of the league would have offered, if this report is indeed correct. I don't think too many people would have complained if he was signed for $12 million per year right after the season was finished. The perception has changed since no teams upped the ante on the Jets offer. That said, I don't want them to mortgage the future for Fitz and that is what they will have to do if they sign him at that salary at this salary cap juncture.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Exactly.  Makes no sense to compare the few aberrations.  As Kirwan pointed out, the Rams 3rd string QB is due 12 million.  If FItz's agent wants to use that example, he should be getting $18 as a starter. 

Just now, Matt39 said:

No he's not. Brady takes pay cuts so the great might patriots can compete for a super bowl every year. There's a reason he's been to 6 SB. While the jets have a selfish journeyman whom is about to milk them like he did the bills.

15 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Bet this was leaked by the Jets.   After Decker and Marshall were no shows for OTA's, they want to dispel the "low bll offer"  stuff.

Get off the pot Fitz and sign the deal

I honestly hope not because if this is true then that means Macc allowed players to put him under pressure while at the same time letting Fitz bend him over a table. You either make the deal or you dont. If it goes through then those players will know what the deal actually was after the fact, if Fitz doesnt accept then Macc can go on doing his GM work. And if he feels the need to let the guys in the locker room know (really Marshall, Decker, Mangold) what the amount was then I guess he could. But dont ever let players that are not part of the contractual agreement put you under pressure like that.  

If true then I dont agree that Macc is handling this right. Either that or Woody is somehow interfering. 

39 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Pay him $864 million for 2016 for all I care. But extending him beyond that would be a pretty Jetsy thing to do and would officially invalidate the goodwill that Maccagnan earned from me when he drafted a quarterback at the same time that Yoenis Cespedes hit a grand slam. 

Not sure they have the cap room for that...otherwise I'd be on board.

11 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

No he's not. Brady takes pay cuts so the great might patriots can compete for a super bowl every year. There's a reason he's been to 6 SB. While the jets have a selfish journeyman whom is about to milk them like he did the bills.

I guess your unaware that Brady has a business partner, who has been involved in fraud scams,  who sells some type of health crap to the Pats.    

Or like deflate gate, and the video taping scams most Pats fans are in denial.    You really aren't very good at this trolling thing.

$12m for year one = we know you are our starter. I have no doubt Fitz is fine with that payday, as he should be. It is better than competitive for what he brings to the table.

It's the 2nd and 3rd year that are no meeting his expectations. So, as I've been saying all along. It doesn't matter what you pay Fitz this year, our spending is done. Just don't **** up spending in the next 2 years. 

Contract sounds like what it should be, to me.

Archived