That "Leak" Was Significant

KRL

The Post indicated Fitzpatrick could earn up to $36 million (including incentives) over the length of the contract. A pact averaging $12 million a year would place him 23rd among NFL quarterbacks and one slot behind the Rams’ Nick Foles ($12.25 million per year)....assuming he hits 100% of the incentives for both years....

if the 2nd and 3rd year have no guaranteed money its a 1 year deal. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Larz said:

The Post indicated Fitzpatrick could earn up to $36 million (including incentives) over the length of the contract. A pact averaging $12 million a year would place him 23rd among NFL quarterbacks and one slot behind the Rams’ Nick Foles ($12.25 million per year)....assuming he hits 100% of the incentives for both years....

if the 2nd and 3rd year have no guaranteed money its a 1 year deal. 

Yeah but we don't know anything about guaranteed money. And he has to play for 2 seasons at 6 mil per. He can't just walk away after year one with the 12 mil. Incentives are fine but don't mean much. It's guaranteed money that counts.

6 hours ago, jetrider said:

Thought those were "team" wins remember? But since you asked ...

Almost lost to Giants. Needed a 4th & 2 Tom Coughlin brainflub at Jets 4-yard-line and a shanked FG to filch a win in OT 23-20.

Almost lost to Cowboys. Couldn't put away practice squad QB Kellen Moore until :41 left with a Bullock FG to win 19-16.

Almost lost to Patriots. Couldn't put away a decimated Pats cover band in regulation and needed a gift OT coinflub to thwart NE 26-20.

Almost a good point. 

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Nice spin.  Wrong though. They could have lost in say week 11 and still made the playoffs. Could have lost weeks 11 and 13 and still made the playoffs. 

If KC lost a couple we would have got in.  Learn the game

no matter how many times you say something different to ease the pain of week 17. 

It's not spin and it's not wrong. Learn the game? Boy. You're funny. Have a nice day. 

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It's not spin and it's not wrong. Learn the game? Boy. You're funny. Have a nice day. 

When someone tells me the last six games of last season were essentially playoff games they're admitting they have no clue, don't understand the playoff system or are flat out full of shlt. 

Pick one.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

When someone tells me the last six games of last season were essentially playoff games they're admitting they have no clue, don't understand the playoff system or are flat out full of shlt. 

Pick one.

You obviously don't have a firm grasp on reality. Find someone else to troll. The Jets couldn't afford to lose one game in those last 6. It was a must win situation every week. They lost and ended up out of the playoffs. Which pretty much proves my theory, eh?

8 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Mac was executive of the year in 2015?? Tanny lasted for 8 years and made some major blunders and you think he's on the hot seat?? Only hot seat he's  on is if he spills his coffee on it first..

Tanny sacrificed Mangini and made 2 trips to the AFCCG to make 8 years...

I like the current regime and want to see them retire Jets for life but what happens if they can't get Fitz signed and Geno and the rookies look bad, like Jets are 2-8 at the break bad, STH and the media will be going nuts, Executive of the year was great with 50m of cap space but season ending in November with no QB after 2 drafts got the planes flying last time, this is a find a QB or you are fired league

13 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You obviously don't have a firm grasp on reality. Find someone else to troll. The Jets couldn't afford to lose one game in those last 6. It was a must win situation every week. They lost and ended up out of the playoffs. Which pretty much proves my theory, eh?

Troll? 

Learn the game.  As it turned out they couldn't lose but they didn't know that going into games.  Unless they could tell the future, knew what KC was going to do in their 4 games.

you really are simple.  But loud.  Loud trumps brains apparently.  And you keep arguing thinking you're right.

amazing

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Troll? 

Learn the game.  As it turned out they couldn't lose but they didn't know that going into games.  Unless they could tell the future, knew what KC was going to do in their 4 games.

you really are simple.  But loud.  Loud trumps brains apparently.  And you keep arguing thinking you're right.

amazing

No. You're right. Teams always go into each week, hoping to back their way into the playoffs. I know the game well enough to know that you don't. Have a nice night. No need to reply because you aren't on the same level intellectually and just aren't understanding the situation the Jets were in. 

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

No. You're right. Teams always go into each week, hoping to back their way into the playoffs. I know the game well enough to know that you don't. Have a nice night. No need to reply because you aren't on the same level intellectually and just aren't understanding the situation the Jets were in. 

I'll make it simple.

KC and Pitt loses 2 of their last 6.  Are the Jet games playoff games?  Now you want to tell us they were lose and out games? 

Youre a clueless fan, stop yourself and don't ever call out anyone on their intelligence,  you're in over your head, don't understand the game.  Using your logic game two was a playoff game.  

explains your posting style.

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'll make it simple.

KC and Pitt loses 2 of their last 6.  Are the Jet games playoff games?  Now you want to tell us they were lose and out games? 

Youre a clueless fan, stop yourself and don't ever call out anyone on their intelligence,  you're in over your head, don't understand the game.  Using your logic game two was a playoff game.  

explains your posting style.

You're making things up now to support your invalid argument and you just don't see it.  It's kind of pathetic at this point. Back here in reality, when the Jets were 6-5 and many other teams were right in that vicinity, every game was must win. Each and every week they needed to win in order to make the playoffs. They didn't win week 17 so they didn't make the playoffs. If they had won, they would have made it. As a team, they can only control what is happening with them. Hoping other teams lose is no way to make the playoffs. 

You're making things up now to support your invalid argument and you just don't see it.  It's kind of pathetic at this point. Back here in reality, when the Jets were 6-5 and many other teams were right in that vicinity, every game was must win. Each and every week they needed to win in order to make the playoffs. They didn't win week 17 so they didn't make the playoffs. If they had won, they would have made it. As a team, they can only control what is happening with them. Hoping other teams lose is no way to make the playoffs. 

I'm not intelligent enough.  You said it.  But keep answering.  

You just don't have the mental capacity to grasp the idea.  And like a true fool will argue until you're blue in the face.

All while being dead wrong.  They weren't playoff games, weren't must win games like week 17.  After the fact the games had to be won, but no one knew that if they lost in week 14 KC and Pitt wouldn't lose a week later making that loss meaningless.  That's  not the same thing.

No one can be this stupid.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm not intelligent enough.  You said it.  But keep answering.  

You just don't have the mental capacity to grasp the idea.  And like a true fool will argue until you're blue in the face.

All while being dead wrong.  They weren't playoff games, weren't must win games like week 17. 

No one can be this stupid.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2015/11/24/dolphins-and-jets-collide-in-must-win-clash-in-week-12/

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/football/must-win-game-1.1465069?page=all

http://sportsnaut.com/2015/12/five-nfl-teams-facing-must-win-games-in-week-14/

http://nypost.com/2015/12/07/jets-wild-stretch-run-will-be-a-mix-of-tiebreakers-and-must-wins/

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-cowboys-spell-doom-article-1.2471001

Just a quick Google search of Jets and must win games and none of these articles are about week 17. I'm sure all of these journalists are wrong and stupid like me. 

You are really clueless.

Again, after the fact they needed the wins.  But going into the games they didn't have to.  If they lost in week 14 they still would be ok if KC lost the following week.  Who's this clueless that they don't get this simplest of concepts and think they solved it with Google.  Yes, they needed to win to guarantee they'd be in it.  Wasn't a playoff game,  two different things

And again, Why are you responding? 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

You are really clueless.

Again, after the fact they needed the wins.  But going into the games they didn't have to.  If they lost in week 14 they still would be ok if KC lost the following week.  Who's this clueless that they don't get this simplest of concepts and think they solved it with Google.  

And again, Why are you responding? 

Needed the wins but went into the game knowing they didn't have to? You always have to win. Dear god you're dense. Your argument couldn't be any weaker. Check the boards at the times of those games. Everyone here knew weeks 12-17 were must win games. You want to control your own destiny and not rely on others to lose in order to make the playoffs. It's that simple. 

21 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Needed the wins but went into the game knowing they didn't have to? You always have to win. Dear god you're dense. Your argument couldn't be any weaker. Check the boards at the times of those games. Everyone here knew weeks 12-17 were must win games. You want to control your own destiny and not rely on others to lose in order to make the playoffs. It's that simple. 

Stop acting like an idiot and calling people dense.  Your argument is wrong.  You check whatever you want.  The games were not a must win, lose and out game. Keep confusing we need to win as many games as possible with lose and we go home. 

keep arguing they were and calling me dense, whatever.  

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Did he get his team into the playoffs?  Or with a chance to get in by beating a below .500 Bills team did he play like shlt and miss for the 11th straight year? 

You can argue, call people wrong all you want. Don't know what your argument is.  We're the ones who are right, not you. He missed his shot.  He's 0 for 11, you can dream it will change all you want but that's his record. 

So my asking how he played the 5 previous games before @buffalo brought that response ?!?!?!?!

look in the mirror when you talk crazy ... Sorry that in your heart you know Fitz played well those games & you are afraid to say it.

lol, nice work reminding us what level of poster you are though

11 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Ivory wasn't too bad?? 81 yds on 6 carries And David Harris had 2 sacks.. Tyrod Taylor had no td passes but 1 td rushing. Going into the 4th quarter the Jets only trailed 19-17.. Fitz couldn't even manage a FG in the 4th.. 

Particularly Revis on Walkins 10 yards off all game & Special Teams also $h*t the bed , as did Fitz in that 4th quarter

9 hours ago, jetrider said:

Thought those were "team" wins remember? But since you asked ...

Almost lost to Giants. Needed a 4th & 2 Tom Coughlin brainflub at Jets 4-yard-line and a shanked FG to filch a win in OT 23-20.

Almost lost to Cowboys. Couldn't put away practice squad QB Kellen Moore until :41 left with a Bullock FG to win 19-16.

Almost lost to Patriots. Couldn't put away a decimated Pats cover band in regulation and needed a gift OT coinflub to thwart NE 26-20.

Lol ... Hysterical watching Geno fans soo afraid to give credit to Fitz for the games it was deserved

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Pick one.

Completely wrong as usual.

you aren't worth the effort of my looking it up ... But in your quiet time after the lithium dose go back &'check the local NY papers out for that entire stretch of games & you will see plenty of references to them basically being lose & we're out games.

10 hours ago, ljr said:

So my asking how he played the 5 previous games before @buffalo brought that response ?!?!?!?!

look in the mirror when you talk crazy ... Sorry that in your heart you know Fitz played well those games & you are afraid to say it.

lol, nice work reminding us what level of poster you are though

Were the fuc did o say he didn't play well? 

Where did I say they weren't big games? 

Doesnt change the simple fact that any fool should be able to understand.  They were not lose and out games as in a playoff game.

now while shooting your big mouth about what kinds of posters are, while having no clue what people are saying, look in the mirror before hitting the submit reply button.  You look stupid.  But I'll bet that you beg rep me over your fuc up. 

13 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Pick one.

10 hours ago, ljr said:

you aren't worth the effort of my looking it up ... But in your quiet time after the lithium dose go back &'check the local NY papers out for that entire stretch of games & you will see plenty of references to them basically being lose & we're out games.

So in your eyes Fitzpatrick had quite the lengthy playoff run then! lol. And you're saying that Jet Nut is the one here high as a kite????

Some fans will say anything. You guys cannot be taken seriously. 

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

So in your eyes Fitzpatrick had quite the lengthy playoff run then! lol. And you're saying that Jet Nut is the one here high as a kite????

Some fans will say anything. You guys cannot be taken seriously. 

Issuing the playoffs has now become a six game post season winning streak.  

And I'm the one who lacks the intelligence to discuss the game.  Lol

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's obviously a new Jets record! 

Lol, outdid the great 4 game 2 season winning run by Sanchez.

How come Fitz's 4'other wins weren't playoff wins? 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Lol, outdid the great 4 game 2 season winning run by Sanchez.

And the immortal Joe Namath. Who would have thought a guy can get 6 playoff wins before the playoff's even started? 

Thats indeed the type of Magic only Fitz could muster. lol

Maybe next time he can participate in the NFL's version of the playoffs! 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And the immortal Joe Namath. Who would have thought a guy can get 6 playoff wins before the playoff's even started? 

Thats indeed the type of Magic only Fitz could muster. lol

Maybe next time he can participate in the NFL's version of the playoffs! 

When you're as good as Fitz, they rewrite the rules for you.  

Its like he won in the playoffs, the Super Bowl and won a few more for bonus points. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

When you're as good as Fitz, they rewrite the rules for you.  

Its like he won in the playoffs, the Super Bowl and won a few more for bonus points. 

Only thing he ever won for the NY Jets was the Snoopy Bowl he and Rex Ryan have a lot in common. 

10 hours ago, ljr said:

They were important games - all 16 are - but they weren't mathematical elimination games like Week 17 was - by definition - a do or die game.

Week 17 was a one-game season. Can't say that about the other games because at those points in time there still existed mathematical possibilities for us to clinch.

11 hours ago, ljr said:

You and the rest of the Fitz fans who are trying to pump up his record just don't get the concept of do or die games.  Basically lose and we're out, unless KC loses at 4pm, isn't the same as lose and out.

but you, Carl, 80 and the rest of the fanboys need to make Fitz's wins more important than hey actually were.   His record on its own doesn't impress you guys enough apparently, you feel the need to make shlt up.

Wrong as usual, lol.

30 minutes ago, jetrider said:

They were important games - all 16 are - but they weren't mathematical elimination games like Week 17 was - by definition - a do or die game.

Week 17 was a one-game season. Can't say that about the other games because at those points in time there still existed mathematical possibilities for us to clinch.

They're just not grasping the concept. 

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You and the rest of the Fitz fans who are trying to pump up his record just don't get the concept of do or die games.  Basically lose and we're out, unless KC loses at 4pm, isn't the same as lose and out.

but you, Carl, 80 and the rest of the fanboys need to make Fitz's wins more important than hey actually were.   His record on its own doesn't impress you guys enough apparently, you feel the need to make shlt up.

Wrong as usual, lol.

Individual games in the season isn't sudden death only the playoffs are however if the last game of the season is the deciding factor if you make the playoffs or not that is sudden death..:ph34r:

Archived