Let's talk about something fun ... tailgating

Maxman

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the best electric heater on earth. It looks lame but one unit will keep a two car garage warm; two will keep a three car garage toasty.

It's designed for boats. Has adjustable thermostat and blower speed. Caframo True North. 

caframo_heater.jpg 

11 minutes ago, jetrider said:

This is the best electric heater on earth. It looks lame but one unit will keep a two car garage warm; two will keep a three car garage toasty.

It's designed for boats. Has adjustable thermostat and blower speed. Caframo True North. 

caframo_heater.jpg 

I disagree. I work out of my basement and I have this keeping me warm. I think this is the best electric heater on earth.

Jets_Heater.jpg

1 hour ago, BUM-KNEE said:

That company, Crown Verity, is a TailgateJoe sponsor. They are the top commercial grade propane grill manufacturer there is, bar none. I have their MCB72, MCB48, and 2 of their PCP36 grills. At some point I will hit them up for one of those towables, lol. That website, webstaurantstore.com, even has my review videos up for some of the crown verity line. BTW, if anyone wants one for a sick workhorse grill for their home let me know, I can hook them up with my guy at CV who will extend a nice discount cheaper than anywhere online. They don't have some of the fancy bells and whistles or fancy styling of some of the other premium luxury grills like Viking, Fire Magic, Lynx, etc, but they are 100% stainless to the bolts (except for wheels and knobs), have just as much or more BTUs, heavy duty accessories, and built to last.

Here is my lineup,

12970757_10154072553751779_2765858576678

5 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Looks nicer. Does it warm the whole basement or just a spot heater? 

I use it on low as a spot heater. When you put it on high it definitely warms the whole basement.

34 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Imagine being a season ticket holder you could set up or build a small tailgate shack like that at MetLife. 

Believe me, i have thought of it. If we had private lots up close to the stadium like some other teams do, I would have a tailgate castle.

8 minutes ago, joebabyny said:

Believe me, i have thought of it. If we had private lots up close to the stadium like some other teams do, I would have a tailgate castle.

You could do it and shuttle everyone in like Redd's does. They have pretty crazy traffic before the games, based on the # of people waiting for the shuttle after the game.

I bought one of these,

1606moc_mcw_bbq42_1.png

A BBQ42 from Meadow Creek. Meadow Creek is a Amish company out of PA that makes some very well regarded bbq pits. They are a bit pricey, but the materials, fit, and finish are absolutely top notch. These can cook burgers, steaks, ribs, or whatever, but chicken is really what it is meant for and where it shines. The 42 size can handle a whole 40lb case of chicken at once. For those who didn't watch the video, the chicken is sandwiched between the grates and is spun to flip sides. The distance from the grate to the coals also keeps the chicken from burning from flareups. I am pretty excited to add this to the tailgatejoe arsenal. Cooking chicken within that small window between just done and overdone is tough, doing it for 300 people is much harder. With this, I can put a less skilled helper at the helm and just give him a stip watch and instant read thermometer and pretty much be guaranteed a great finished product. This will let me open up the menu a bit and get some new menu options.

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You could do it and shuttle everyone in like Redd's does. They have pretty crazy traffic before the games, based on the # of people waiting for the shuttle after the game.

Yeah, it's been a thought i've had, seeing that shuttle traffic right in front of where I set up my tailgate.

3 minutes ago, joebabyny said:

Yeah, it's been a thought i've had, seeing that shuttle traffic right in front of where I set up my tailgate.

So many stadiums have land available around it because they are remote. Metlife...anything around it is a full time \ every day of the year kind of purchase.

Would be sweet to have something like that. Buy bigger shuttles than Redd's has though. They get like 8 people on each one. lol....

25 minutes ago, joebabyny said:

That company, Crown Verity, is a TailgateJoe sponsor. They are the top commercial grade propane grill manufacturer there is, bar none. I have their MCB72, MCB48, and 2 of their PCP36 grills. At some point I will hit them up for one of those towables, lol. That website, webstaurantstore.com, even has my review videos up for some of the crown verity line. BTW, if anyone wants one for a sick workhorse grill for their home let me know, I can hook them up with my guy at CV who will extend a nice discount cheaper than anywhere online. They don't have some of the fancy bells and whistles or fancy styling of some of the other premium luxury grills like Viking, Fire Magic, Lynx, etc, but they are 100% stainless to the bolts (except for wheels and knobs), have just as much or more BTUs, heavy duty accessories, and built to last.

Here is my lineup,

NICE setup!

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

I just merged this, sorry, for some reason I started two threads by accident.

It is so funny that you said this. I am actually going to install a basic outdoor sink. I want to be able to use plates and wash them and the utensils when we are done. Without going inside. Going inside sucks lol.

I have a bunch of Jets plates that I use at tailgates. I want to get more.

When I was at Myron Mixon's house I saw he had a big utility slop sink bolted onto the side of his bbq trailer that was just hooked up to the garden hose. It's easy enough to do, check this out,

You could also hook up the camp chef tankless water heater to the hot water hose as well for hot water if you want it.

10 minutes ago, joebabyny said:

When I was at Myron Mixon's house I saw he had a big utility slop sink bolted onto the side of his bbq trailer that was just hooked up to the garden hose. It's easy enough to do, check this out,

You could also hook up the camp chef tankless water heater to the hot water hose as well for hot water if you want it.

That is cool. I have the sink already, it is a small one. I just have to put it in a counter top. My outdoor water line runs right in back of it.

The extent of my water needs are really to wash the spatula after cooking. :)  Hate carrying that in the house after lol.

6 hours ago, joebabyny said:

Here is my lineup,

Those can't possibly be any good. They don't have Wolf or Viking badges on them. ;)

On 6/1/2016 at 0:17 AM, The Crusher said:

Of course it is boss.  Of course it is.  

I will take a picture and show you. I don't consume alcohol. So water in the mini-fridge it is. :)

Archived