Start Geno

drdetroit

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 2 yrs as the starting QB of the New York Jets, Eugene (Geno) Smith has been 1 of if not the worst QBs to ever wear the Colors of my beloved team .  That said, I am willing to give him a fair shot  at proving he can be the starting QB over the next 3 Months .

Why are the Jets, and fans, always so eager to hand a starting job to a QB.   Let someone earn it, like all the other positions.  If Geno wants another chance, then he needs to up his game/leadership and beat out Fitz.

Starting Geno would insure more upheaval within the organization. Mac and Bowles job could be in serious jeopardy depending on the fans reaction to a probably less than par season to begin with, if you start Geno? The less than par season would go from less than par to truly BAD.

The only reason why your point is being made is because you see the team in cap trouble right now. However, that would not have been the case if Mac had been more responsible with his spending during the last years free agent spending spree.

But most important, the GM's job is to build a SB winner. Starting Fitz allows the team to look their very best while building that SB winner. If he is our long term answer? No. But he is the guy who makes the team respectable while they are building that SB winner.

I mean if we really want to go with the cheap, bargain basement way, why not sign a guy with zero experience for the rookie contract and start him? Now you obviously do not agree with that, but that's how I see your thinking. It's not prudent or entertaining for the fans, but most of all it can put jobs in jeopardy.

48 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Why are the Jets, and fans, always so eager to hand a starting job to a QB.   Let someone earn it, like all the other positions.  If Geno wants another chance, then he needs to up his game/leadership and beat out Fitz.

It's not that simple in this case.  Last year, before IK, that's how it was, and Geno was winning.

However, now to get the same situation, it'll cost the team 8mil+ per season.  Not worth it.  At 4-5mil per for Fitz, sure.  He's proven to be worth that much as a quality backup.

As I've said before, no one is handing the starting gig to Geno.  He'll have to beat out a second year guy in Petty and a 2nd round rookie (just like Geno was).

If anyone says that's not competition, then they can't use Geno's first two seasons against him.  Otherwise it's just a foolish argument.  He started his first two years with complete $hit around him.  Petty and Hack would have a good team around them and Petty already had a season to sit and learn (and play Madden). 

13 minutes ago, jett said:

Yup this is exactly what we need. And no, not genocide starting, but another genocide thread

Any random thought.  Just add Geno's name to the mix and immediately start a new thread.

Cant let the so called pro Geno threads outnumber the pro Fitz threads.  Otherwise this place will continue to be unreadable.    

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Any random thought.  Just add Geno's name to the mix and immediately start a new thread.

Cant let the so called pro Geno threads outnumber the pro Fitz threads.  Otherwise this place will continue to be unreadable.    

It's getting absurd. I don't understand what he had done to receive such a following. 

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Dude, you're seriously making this place unreadable with the continuous Geno support. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Dude, you're seriously making this place unreadable with the continuous Geno support. 

You should know.  You're the head destroyer of this board.  

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Is that person on the Jets roster ?  

I don't think we can go wrong with either QB. I mean Geno and I had something going in '13. If I hadn't hurt my shoulder, we were playoff bound. And Fitzpatrick went to Harvard. I had Harvard on my final 3 list, but Abileen Christian was my dream school. (Did i spell that right? I need to go put my sweatshirt back on - that's how I always remember how to spell it). Anyways, Fitzpatrick may not have the best arm, but the guy has always been a winner. But I did want to let you guys know, that as soon as my agent ever calls me back, I'm ready to come to camp with my beloved Jets. I'm a glue guy. I think my intangables are what will make us a winner. And I have been down here in Texas working on improving my hands. I try to catch arrows in mid air. It has really helped! I haven't caught one yet, but I did knock one down. It was very ninja like. I've only had one go through my arm so far. I'm definitely getting better. Have hope Jets fans. This is our year, no matter what QB we have. I'm ready, I promise!

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Fitzpatricks contract = cap hell...

giphy.gif

It is basically a one year deal so cap hell is kind of a nonsensical term. Besides, Geno Smith flat out sucks. Game is too fast for him and he is a turnover machine. His "leadership" skills are non existent and I don't think any of the players on the team have respect for him or want to play with him.

Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno 

Am I doing this right??? 

21 minutes ago, jett said:

Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno 

Am I doing this right??? 

Yes 

rubix_cube.jpg

36 minutes ago, jett said:

Am I doing this right??? 

You left out s*cks!

44 minutes ago, jett said:

Am I doing this right??? 

you missed a spot  :)

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

It's not that simple in this case.  Last year, before IK, that's how it was, and Geno was winning.

It doesn't matter if he was 'winning'.  I warned you all he would implode before the altercation with IK and implode he did.  He's not cut out to be a starting QB in the NFL or even a backup.  I predict he'll be out the league in 2-3 years playing in Canada or the Arena Football League.    

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Keiser soze indeed. You should know too. You're my co-conspirator. What is it, 4 of us Jets followers and a Pats fan? Who seen that combination coming?! lol.

YMJjtTXjGpejKm_y4DnNv2KcTl8pQxDh7aVmFwtH

Banding together to take down the evil empire 

Archived