Start Geno

drdetroit

12 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Give it up.  The most important game of the season and he had his worst game of the season.  He threw 3 picks and posted a 42.7 rating.  Both his worst of the season.  If you don't believe he is the prime reason we lost that game then get your head checked.  Despite what you say about Revis and the Jets defense, the opposing team only scored 22 points.  You have to as an offense be able to put up more points than that.  

He did. But the grading of Fitz has gone out of wack. He's not supposed to be the guy throwing for 300 yards and 3 TD's. We know he's just average. Before the season all anyone could say is "if we get only mediocre QB play we'll be fine..." The 16 mill CB getting worked all game probably deserves some blame too.

With the amount of money invested in the defense and what we got out of Fitz, you would have figured we won more. 

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, drdetroit said:

I will always have a special place in my heart for Fitz because he beat the Giants in a regular season game which means the entire world to me.  However, his contract demands are beyond asinine.  We are not giving him $38 million or whatever because a worse player who had a worse year got that money.  Sorry.

I'd love to have Fitz back at a 2 year $18 million deal but him and his agent are being way too stubborn.

I am with you there, I hate the Giants more than any team. Fitz gave us some great moments and I appreciate him, I just don't think he is a long term answer.

25 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

GIMME GENO

At this point you'd have to think Fitzpatrick would make a move soon.  I believe Jets have the leverage because they are ready to go with Geno if Fitz doesnt come to terms with their agreement.  If he waits too long and Geno has been going through mini camp and possibly some of training camp as the starter then it might be hard for Fitz to come in and try to claim the starting role back after missing that time if Geno has been putting in the work.  

I think Fitz will eventually cave soon because there is no market for him and obviously the Jets believe in Geno or else the Jets would've put a better offer on the table already.  Why risk the chance of the Jets eventually pulling the offer is he takes too long?  

3 hours ago, BallinPB said:

Give it up.  The most important game of the season and he had his worst game of the season.  He threw 3 picks and posted a 42.7 rating.  Both his worst of the season.  If you don't believe he is the prime reason we lost that game then get your head checked.  Despite what you say about Revis and the Jets defense, the opposing team only scored 22 points.  You have to as an offense be able to put up more points than that.  

No, Fitz was probably the main reason why we lost the Buffalo game. But it definitely a TEAM effort. Way too many dropped passes, poor execution on plays, penalties, failure on the part the coaching staff, no in game defensive adjustments....There was actually a LOT of factors that led to us losing that game. But, yes, Fitz was probably the largest part.

the one year where the cheater is actually suspended for 4 games and jets fans want to start Geno Smith, to save money. 

Hey i don't know if anyone told you guys but the point of NFL football is to win games, not save money. 

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the one year where the cheater is actually suspended for 4 games and jets fans want to start Geno Smith, to save money. 

Hey i don't know if anyone told you guys but the point of NFL football is to win games, not save money. 

Do we think we should sign D-Rob and have him start at NT?

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Nope. No. Pretty sure I'm right here.

28 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

They all went Harvin. Straight forced to show off Rex new toy

• 3rd and 8 at NYJ 12

(8:47 - 1st) (Shotgun) G.Smith pass deep left intended for P.Harvin INTERCEPTED by S.Gilmore at NYJ 46. S.Gilmore pushed ob at NYJ 33 for 13 yards (P.Harvin). PENALTY on BUF-N.Bradham, Taunting, 15 yards, enforced at NYJ 33

• 3rd and 9 at NYJ 21

(6:19 - 1st) (Shotgun) G.Smith pass deep left intended for J.Cumberland INTERCEPTED by P.Brown at 50. P.Brown to 50 for no gain (J.Cumberland)

• 2nd and 10 at NYJ 1

(4:49 - 1st) (Shotgun) G.Smith pass deep left intended for E.Decker INTERCEPTED by A.Williams at NYJ 27. A.Williams to NYJ 1 for 26 yards (G.Smith). FUMBLES (G.Smith), ball out of bounds at NYJ 1. The Replay Official challenged the fumble ruling, and the play was Upheld. The ruling on the field stands

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=400554298

22 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Now this just proves how nuts you people are.   

You and all the nuts that want the WORST QB in the NFL to start are just going to have to live with the Fact that the NYJ do not agree with you.   They are going to sign Fitz and he is going to be the starter.

Now go live with that.

That post goes to show how ignorant you are.  Geno isn't even close to being the worst Qb in the NFL.  

On May 31, 2016 at 0:29 PM, Jet Nut said:

And which WRs are protesting?  First it was Mangold and 2 WRs.  Oops, Mangolds out because of his kid.  Down to 2 WRs.  Oops, Marshall is on vacation.  His wife has been posting pics for weeks.  Down to Decker.  Have we heard one word from Decker claiming he's protesting Fitz not accepting his offer? 

Yhe one that's been on the table since March?

lol, someone protest for my 12 mi offer.  How stupid is this bit of fiction

It's nonsense.  Ofcourse Decker and Marshall are going to support Fitz they aren't going to throw him under the bus

52 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

No, Fitz was probably the main reason why we lost the Buffalo game. But it definitely a TEAM effort. Way too many dropped passes, poor execution on plays, penalties, failure on the part the coaching staff, no in game defensive adjustments....There was actually a LOT of factors that led to us losing that game. But, yes, Fitz was probably the largest part.

You say no but go on to reiterate why Fitz was the main reason we lost the Buffalo game.  I know the defense wasn't great but to allow 22 points and then blame them for the loss is bullsh*t.   Especially seeing as the average pts/gm in the NFL last year was 23pts/gm.  Defense did it's job for the most part.  

7 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

Do you think you will see those same posts if Geno starts?

Possibly no. I'm fine with using him as cannon fodder to get the first bunch of games out of the way, then go with either of the other two if they're suitable for live action, even if they're not literally 100.00% ready.

50 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

That post goes to show how ignorant you are.  Geno isn't even close to being the worst Qb in the NFL.  

Two years in a row he was voted, by the coaches, as the WORST QB in the NFL.  Shows how ignorant you are..

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/geno-smith-voted-worst-qb-in-nfl-for-second-straight-year-072115

20 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Two years in a row he was voted, by the coaches, as the WORST QB in the NFL.  Shows how ignorant you are..

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/geno-smith-voted-worst-qb-in-nfl-for-second-straight-year-072115

They were all just scared of him.  Trying to prevent what now seems inevitable.

In 2016, Geno and his weaponzzz unleash an @ss whoopin' on the league!

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

They were all just scared of him.  Trying the prevent what now seems inevitable.

In 2016, Geno and his weaponzzz unleash an @ss whoopin' on the league!

lol  I bet

just waiting for #drdetroit to admit how wrong he is...

53 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Who gives a shlt, in 2015 he was voted the worst off of his 2014 season.  

Now please tell us all where it says he cant ever change that.  

Because to do so is pretty friggen arrogant. And pure BS by someone pretending to know

Wheres your crystal ball?  Do you also see dead people?

What else you got?  Another, you cant wait for them to cut him post?  You've been predicting he would be released for months on end.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

What exactly did your guy win last year that Geno or any other QB couldnt win?

Other than the most games of his entire career.  Which was good for what?  Watching playoff games on TV.  But youre right, we need him.  

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who gives a shlt, in 2015 he was voted the worst.  

Because to do so is pretty friggen arrogant. And pure BS.

What else you got?  Another, you cant wait for them to cut him post?  You've been predicting he would be released for months on end.

Also, where did Fitz place on the list?  

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/2015-nfl-qb-tier-rankings/story?id=32652348

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Fitz isnt good enough to even be part to the discussion about the list apparently, lol

To be fair to Fitz, it was a poll about starters.  Of which Fitz is not.

He'd probably place pretty high on a poll of backups though.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

To be fair to Fitz, it was a poll about starters.  Of which Fitz is not.

He'd probably place pretty high on a poll of backups though.

Well he was the starting QB in Houston during the 2014 season, he was a starter should have been on the list 

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Wrong. You just read headlines and not the actual articles, I take it?

How is it I am wrong??

Things have yet to get better for New York Jets third-year quarterback Geno Smith. He holds a career passer rating of 71.5 and posted a QBR of 35.4 in 2014, which was second-worst in the league ahead of only Blake Bortles. Going into 2015, his third season as a pro, Smith's stock may have plummeted more than ever.

For the second-straight season, Smith was voted the league's worst quarterback, according to a poll of NFL insiders and coaches done by ESPN. He ranked 32nd behind fellow AFC East quarterback Matt Cassel, who may not even be the starter come regular season. 

It's never a title you want to hold, but someone has to do it, and Smith has held it for two-straight years. 

"Geno is a 5, and that is it," one coach told ESPN. "He cannot process fast enough. He is not a natural guy, sliding in the pocket and knowing when to run it. He has some legs to run, but no, he is trying to prove he is a pocket passer. Let's do something at the position before we start limiting ourselves for image."

Not exactly what you want to hear said about your quarterback, but let's face it -- it's the truth. Smith hasn't shown enough in two years to solidify his spot as a starting quarterback in this league, and he may never do so. If there is a time for Smith to elevate his game and prove his worth, it's in 2015. 

He's surrounded by arguably the most talent in his professional career with guys like Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, and Jace Amaro on offense. Marshall should be be a good safety net for Smith as a big-body receiver on the outside and a serious red-zone threat.

This season could be make-or-break for Smith with Bryce Petty waiting in the wings and Ryan Fitzpatrick fighting for the starting job. It doesn't have to be pretty or spectacular, but Smith has to get the job done if he wants to make a living in the NFL.

I stated Geno was voted the Worst QB in the NFL two years in a row, was told I was ignorant for saying at and I proved I was right. 

What am I missing with you people.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Who gives a shlt, in 2015 he was voted the worst off of his 2014 season.  

Because to do so is pretty friggen arrogant. And pure BS by someone pretending to know

again, I was proving something I said was right, not stating He could not change.

My opinion is that he can not because he is not smart enough, but that is a separate discussion.

7 hours ago, BallinPB said:

Not cherry picking.  It's a win and you're in game.  That was the only game where it was win and you're in.  That's not called cherry picking.  Have a nice day.

Yeah, great day away from the Smith Fans, but to be clear I was referring to the FACT that the pressure was on for all the last five games or so, and not just the last one.

Either you didn't know that (in which case, what can I say?) or you were cherry picking.

3 hours ago, Mainejet said:

I of course do not say that Fitzpatrick had no role, and as Qb his role is always going to be examined in wins and losses.  But in addition to your points there was also no running game - what does that do to a Qb's options?  And speaking of options, who other than the starting wideouts were dependable enough to be targeted in critical situations?  RR not only knew that but had the secondary to make it work.

Point being that Fitzpatrick had a bad game, but so did the whole team. 

4 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

I of course do not say that Fitzpatrick had no role, and as Qb his role is always going to be examined in wins and losses.  But in addition to your points there was also no running game - what does that do to a Qb's options?  And speaking of options, who other than the starting wideouts were dependable enough to be targeted in critical situations?  RR not only knew that but had the secondary to make it work.

Point being that Fitzpatrick had a bad game, but so did the whole team. 

what happened after that long run by ivory that set us up first and 10 around the Buf 20?  tell me about the great run game of Buffalo that afternoon?

Fitz had a terrible game as did most of the team and coaches but Fitz couldn't afford a terrible game.  If he played well that day and we lost he'd be signed today closer to the amount he wants but he showed the playoff stage was too big for him and it cost him millions of dollars and a long term deal.

10 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Yeah, great day away from the Smith Fans, but to be clear I was referring to the FACT that the pressure was on for all the last five games or so, and not just the last one.

Either you didn't know that (in which case, what can I say?) or you were cherry picking.

That is simply not true, we could have lost any of the 5 games during that win streak and still been in it.  the first game with true playoff type pressure was week 17 and he was awful.

by the ay, he wasn't good most of the 5 game win streak and we only beat one good team in that span and NE wasn't NE when we beat them and we still nearly blew it.

Archived