Start Geno

drdetroit

Smith's problems are not limited to poor reads of the opposing D.  He lacks situational awareness, to a woeful extent.  He does not know how to use the pocket.  Early success running it diminished (look at the stats) as opposing DC's scouted his tendencies.  He is not a team leader, either, and very much to the contrary.  His teammates and the CS have limited confidence in him, at best.  AND he has shown no real sign of improvement over time (perhaps most damning of all).

There are in other words a number of problems with him, any of which standing alone would make him a bad candidate to ever succeed in the league.  Taken together, they make it just too unlikely as a matter of laying odds that he will ever succeed.  Therefore it makes no sense to apportion any part of the team's time or future on him.  The Jets are about more than providing proof beyond any doubt that he will not succeed.  They have to look at real world prospects, and imo the CS has already done so and is ready to move on.

I don't really think there is much more to say about Smith than that, cause he just ain't worth it.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brandon Marshall is "proud" of Geno Smith. "He's doing a great job"

Originally posted on Sportress of Blogitude 
By Jason Rowan  |  Last updated 6/1/16
GettyImages-496910612.jpg 
Geno Smith of the New York Jets looks on from the sideline during the game against the Buffalo Bills on November 12, 2015 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Elsa/Getty Images

Brandon Marshall praised Geno Smith following Wednesday’s OTA session, saying the presumptive New York Jets quarterback — at least at this point — is exhibiting significant growth on the practice field, specifically during a two-minute drill.

“There was a sense of poise, comfort, and it was pretty good to watch him kind of manage the situation,” Marshall said, via NJ.com’s Darryl Slater. “That’s the process for all players. You’ve got to give guys time. Every guy is different. He seems to be growing, and that’s a good thing for all of us. He’s doing a great job. I’m just happy for the kid. I’m proud of him.

“Going through two-minute [on Wednesday], before we even went out on the field, standing in front of the offense, and [Smith] going through the hand signals, it was like a sense of comfort and confidence. And that’s what you want out of all your players. That stood out to me today.”

With no end in sight for the contentious contract negotiations between the New York Jets and free agent quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, Marshall’s effusive praise of Smith’s development has to be viewed as encouraging, especially given how Marshall and fellow wideout Eric Decker allegedly were no shows at three Jets practices last week to protest Fitzpatrick’s continued absence.

Marshall previously stated he believed the Jets would be “okay” without Fitzpatrick, so perhaps it’s no surprise he’s pulling for Smith, especially given Marshall and Smith became fast friends after the wide receiver was traded to the Jets, even becoming roommates last offseason.

All told, it appears Smith — who has assumed the starting quarterback position in all five of the Jets’ OTA sessions this offseason — is taking advantage of the opportunity, just as Fitzpatrick seized control of the starting quarterback position after Smith suffered a broken jaw during an altercation with a former teammate ahead of last season.

And Marshall couldn’t be happier for the 25-year-old signal-caller, not to mention the Jets.

“I was really excited not only for us, but also him, because he’s been through a lot. Some of it he did to himself,” he said. “But that’s part of the process, man. You just go through things, and whether good or bad, it’s all part of growth.”

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

What exactly did your guy win last year that Geno or any other QB couldnt win?

Other than the most games of his entire career.  Which was good for what?  Watching playoff games on TV.  But youre right, we need him.  

"other than his career best, let's throw that out"

10 games is what he won.  For all the people predicting Fitz can't win a title, did you predict he'd win 10 games last year? 

It's like the "fact" That Fitz is a bum is accepted but Geno Smith and his 30 "sh*t-the-bed" starts still has hope? 

8 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Smith's problems are not limited to poor reads of the opposing D.  He lacks situational awareness, to a woeful extent.  He does not know how to use the pocket.  Early success running it diminished (look at the stats) as opposing DC's scouted his tendencies.  He is not a team leader, either, and very much to the contrary.  His teammates and the CS have limited confidence in him, at best.  AND he has shown no real sign of improvement over time (perhaps most damning of all).

There are in other words a number of problems with him, any of which standing alone would make him a bad candidate to ever succeed in the league.  Taken together, they make it just too unlikely as a matter of laying odds that he will ever succeed.  Therefore it makes no sense to apportion any part of the team's time or future on him.  The Jets are about more than providing proof beyond any doubt that he will not succeed.  They have to look at real world prospects, and imo the CS has already done so and is ready to move on.

I don't really think there is much more to say about Smith than that, cause he just ain't worth it.

Situational awareness?

Like being on the 14, down 1 point, first down and 5 minutes left in a game to get into the playoffs?  And instead of protecting the ball at all costs, no matter what dont turn it over while in FG range and throwing a hideous INT when you dont have to?
Thats the kind of situational awareness the cliche meter came up with that your guy missed?  

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

10 games is what he won.  For all the people predicting Fitz can't win a title, did you predict he'd win 10 games last year? 

It's like the "fact" That Fitz is a bum is accepted but Geno Smith and his 30 "sh*t-the-bed" starts still has hope? 

Which last time I checked left them one win short.  One win he had while standing on the 14, 1st down, down 1 before tossing the game and season away instead of protecting the ball and the FG that was there for the taking? 

I get the over the top "hes a bum" bit of nonsense, I never said he was a bum, that makes your point.  

Fitz had talent around him, an easy schedule, everything laid out for him and he swung and missed.  But we're supposed to be afraid to give someone else a shot because Fitz won just enough games to not make the playoffs?

Your argument would have made a hell of a lot more sense if Fitz actually did something he's never done.  Made the playoffs

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

To be fair, he asked "what did Fitz win that Geno couldn't win".

Its hard for me to think that Geno, a guy who won 8 games as a rookie couldnt win 10 games with this team last year when a guy like Fitz, who's never won more than 6 games in a decade won 10 last season. 

Yeah, many of us think that Fitz cant win a title, because you have to get to the playoffs first. Sure, many of us didnt predict a 10 win season. We also didnt predict the easiest schedule ever, Tom Coughlin throwing a game away and Slater deferring the ball in overtime. <<<<No one would have seen that coming either. 

We still watched other teams play in the playoffs, we still watched that 4th quarter in week 17 etc, etc. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick didnt do anything that Geno Smith is incapable of doing. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

To be fair, he asked "what did Fitz win that Geno couldn't win".

Its hard for me to think that Geno, a guy who won 8 games as a rookie couldnt win 10 games with this team last year when a guy like Fitz, who's never won more than 6 games in a decade won 10 last season. 

Yeah, many of us think that Fitz cant win a title, because you have to get to the playoffs first. Sure, many of us didnt predict a 10 win season. We also didnt predict the easiest schedule ever, Tom Coughlin throwing a game away and Slater deferring the ball in overtime. <<<<No one would have seen that coming either. 

We still watched other teams play in the playoffs, we still watched that 4th quarter in week 17 etc, etc. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick didnt do anything that Geno Smith is incapable of doing. 

the only thing I will disagree w/ is Coughlin throwing it away.  Eli threw that game away w/ the INT then his horrendous decision not to take the sack on possession before we scored the tying TD instead he threw it away saving us valuable time.

ans BB called the toss, NE was not trying to win for whatever reason.  it was very odd, at the end of the 1st half they sat on the ball w/ 2 mins to play- when do they ever do that? and yet we still barely beat them thanks to Fitz.

46 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

the only thing I will disagree w/ is Coughlin throwing it away.  Eli threw that game away w/ the INT then his horrendous decision not to take the sack on possession before we scored the tying TD instead he threw it away saving us valuable time.

ans BB called the toss, NE was not trying to win for whatever reason.  it was very odd, at the end of the 1st half they sat on the ball w/ 2 mins to play- when do they ever do that? and yet we still barely beat them thanks to Fitz.

I see your point. However, I believe that in a situation where you can take a field goal in order to force a team to score 2 td's in order to win a game in which the opponent's couldn't score for the majority of the game...you take it. Instead he put unnecessary pressure on his quarterback against a top 5 defense in desperation-mode while at the same time putting pressure on your 31st ranked defense to hold a lead in case your qb doesn't convert. It was a bad coaching call.

49 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

we're supposed to be afraid to give someone else a shot because Fitz won just enough games to not make the playoffs? 

it's not "someone else" it's Geno Smith. 

The man who had not 1 but 2 safeties in his final college game. 

The man who skipped the Senior Bowl, because he was too good for it. 

The man who threw a hissy fit and threatened to leave NYC after the entire league passed on him in rd 1. 

The man who defaulted into the job via Sanchez injury and had his own butt fumble.

The man who couldn't tell what time it was and went to the movies instead of a team meeting. 

The man who was punched in the face over $600. 

This is not "someone else" like it's just random. It's Geno Friggin Smith. The worst starting QB in the NFL, by far. 

You want to bash Fitz for not winning 11 games when in any other year 10 is more than enough to get to the playoffs? Ok sure fine. But what about Geno Smith. He gets the free pass of "someone else"

mark my words if the Jets start this player they might not win a game before the bye. How much cap space is that worth>? 

50 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

First off there's a huge gap between 8 and 10. Geno's never won 10, despite these hypothetical machinations.

Maybe Fitz got better and the lumps he's learned along the way, through 5 teams, made him a better player.

Maybe Geno Smith will be decent when he gets to his 6th NFL team.  

Just now, bitonti said:

First off there's a huge gap between 8 and 10. Geno's never won 10, despite these hypothetical machinations.

Maybe Fitz got better and the lumps he's learned along the way, through 5 teams, made him a better player.

Geno won 8 games with a bad offense around him.  The gap between 8 and 10 wins is not as big as you are making it out to be.  

With the 2 big bodies on the outside now and a couple of years learning, I'd say he would definitely have a shot at 10 wins.

Fitzpatrick on the other hand is only getting older.  You are talking about a harvard guy learning?  He knew everything 10 years ago but he still makes mistakes.  His athleticism and arm strength are only going to get worse from here on out.  

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Fitz threw the 2nd most interceptable passes last year . He may have gotten better but he got extremely lucky . And When u needed him most 3 interceptions back to back to back . I don't get hype I would take him back but I'm not crazy to think he is anything more than a solid Jag.

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The man who threw a hissy fit and threatened to leave NYC after the entire league passed on him in rd 1. 

The man who defaulted into the job via Sanchez injury and had his own butt fumble.

The man who couldn't tell what time it was and went to the movies instead of a team meeting. 

This is not "someone else" like it's just random. It's Geno Friggin Smith. The worst starting QB in the NFL, by far. 

You want to bash Fitz for not winning 11 games when in any other year 10 is more than enough to get to the playoffs? Ok sure fine. But what about Geno Smith. He gets the free pass of "someone else"

mark my words if the Jets start this player they might not win a game before the bye. How much cap space is that worth>? 

It's all a matter of perception.  Take for example your post.  I see that and count six times you called Geno "the man"!

Subconsciously, you're really a Geno supporter.

23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Since you like to use the word "maybe", I think I'll do the same. There's a huge gap between 8 and 10 wins. Well isn't there an even bigger gap between 6 and 10 wins? Wouldn't you make the assumption that "maybe" the player who won 8 games his first year as a professional would have a better chance of producing than the player who took 11 seasons to produce a season of more than 6 wins? 

Let's talk about hypothetical machinations. 99% of Fitzpatrick supporters weren't Fitzpatrick supporters this exact time last year. 99% of that 99% didn't expect Fitzpatrick to win 10 games themselves. 

Suddenly these guys realize how good of a team Macc put together and suddenly the games are based on this one guy? Here's the truth on the matter. Most of you Fitzpatrick supporters aren't actually Fitzpatrick supporters, you're anti Geno Smith. That's the real. This is why we laugh at this Fitzpatrick nonsense because we know what it really is. No fanbase in their right mind would advocate giving a guy 15 million dollars a year when he's produced a decade's worth of 6 win seasons and one 10 win season with no playoff appearance. 

Listening to this dull-mindedness only confirms that this is more about Geno than it is about Fitzpatrick. And this franchise usually moved in such a fashion, which is why they've yet to develop a quarterback along with the fact this franchise historically has been a failure. 

27 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick has been in the NFL for 11 years and he's been with 6 different teams there must be a reason other than mediocre journeyman who chokes in the big game (biggest game he plays in is to almost make the playoffs as he's never actually been in the playoffs). 

Hes demanding money he's not nowhere near worth. 

11 year career and your basing Geno's on such a short time frame. 

How could Geno achieve success with the worst OC in the league

How could Geno excel with Clyde Gates and David Nelson 

Lets not also forget the easy schedule we played in 2015 vs the ones Geno had to play 

1 hour ago, Joe Jets fan said:

How is it I am wrong??

Things have yet to get better for New York Jets third-year quarterback Geno Smith. He holds a career passer rating of 71.5 and posted a QBR of 35.4 in 2014, which was second-worst in the league ahead of only Blake Bortles. Going into 2015, his third season as a pro, Smith's stock may have plummeted more than ever.

For the second-straight season, Smith was voted the league's worst quarterback, according to a poll of NFL insiders and coaches done by ESPN. He ranked 32nd behind fellow AFC East quarterback Matt Cassel, who may not even be the starter come regular season. 

It's never a title you want to hold, but someone has to do it, and Smith has held it for two-straight years. 

"Geno is a 5, and that is it," one coach told ESPN. "He cannot process fast enough. He is not a natural guy, sliding in the pocket and knowing when to run it. He has some legs to run, but no, he is trying to prove he is a pocket passer. Let's do something at the position before we start limiting ourselves for image."

Not exactly what you want to hear said about your quarterback, but let's face it -- it's the truth. Smith hasn't shown enough in two years to solidify his spot as a starting quarterback in this league, and he may never do so. If there is a time for Smith to elevate his game and prove his worth, it's in 2015. 

He's surrounded by arguably the most talent in his professional career with guys like Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, and Jace Amaro on offense. Marshall should be be a good safety net for Smith as a big-body receiver on the outside and a serious red-zone threat.

This season could be make-or-break for Smith with Bryce Petty waiting in the wings and Ryan Fitzpatrick fighting for the starting job. It doesn't have to be pretty or spectacular, but Smith has to get the job done if he wants to make a living in the NFL.

I stated Geno was voted the Worst QB in the NFL two years in a row, was told I was ignorant for saying at and I proved I was right. 

What am I missing with you people.

You are wrong. There is no such poll in existence with that result, and certainly not the one you're referencing even if there was, and it's clear you either didn't read it or didn't understand it.

You're also cherry-picking one of the poll's two comments, because the other one quite clearly based the rating/ranking on how he was handled rather than his own ability or potential (such as it is); it read as though it was being in defense of him even while giving him a low ranking (but said why the ranking was low). It is being willfully and transparently dishonest to selectively edit out the part you don't like. 

Here were the other 2 quotes from those polled - from another who ranked him lowly - that stated why:

"When I watch Geno play, where are the base plays?" one of these coaches said. "To make the quarterback successful, you do not run more exotic schemes. Geno has run an offense that is trying to win with scheme. I see a guy who has talent, but he has not been coached like a quarterback. I think you have to give him a 3 based on that."

The other offensive coach said the 2014 Jets "ran every play in the history of football" at the expense of those base plays a young quarterback needs to rely upon in a pinch. Both coaches used the word "incomplete" when describing Smith.

The chief reason you are wrong is the poll asked some people - some 35 coaches and some NFL insiders, not all coaches, and there's no evidence they asked even one NFL head coach - to rank the starting QBs, not all the QBs. If you want to contend that he ranked #32, then it's ahead of where those same people ranked Ryan Fitzpatrick, since Fitz wasn't in the top 31 ahead of him in the very poll you reference.

He still blew, but your summary of what a wholly unscientific poll showed is quite simply wrong.

38 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This statement above proves my point outright about This Fitzpatrick support having sh*t to do with Ryan Fitzpatrick. I don't know what I want more, Geno to start and have an opportunity to prove the doubters wrong or watch the Jets cave in and offer Fitzpatrick what he seeks only for him to be who he's always been on his way to another season without the playoffs. 

I have a feeling that Macc will not be signing Fitzpatrick.

58 minutes ago, bitonti said:

So youve given us reasons why based on some stupid reasoning like the draft that he cant play football.  Which might be as dumb a reason as there is.

And all youve done is list reasons to agree with my post.  We can lose with Geno just as easily as we lost with your savior.  The one who apparently did everything better than Geno to win all of 2 more games with a ton more talent, better coaching and an easy schedule.

I dont want to keep hearing about how 10 is usually enough.  Going into week 17 we all knew 10 wasnt getting us into the playoffs.  It was right there.  On the 14.  Mr Perfect, the Anti-Geno made the ultimate mistake.

Unlike if it were Geno you and every other fan boy continue to make excuses and swear up and down that it might have been worse with Geno.  Dont get it, it was bad enough with your guy, dont tell people the alternative cant get it done.  

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You are wrong. There is no such poll in existence with that result, and certainly not the one you're referencing even if there was, and it's clear you either didn't read it or didn't understand it.

You're also cherry-picking one of the poll's two comments, because the other one quite clearly based the rating/ranking on how he was handled rather than his own ability or potential (such as it is); it read as though it was being in defense of him even while giving him a low ranking (but said why the ranking was low). It is being willfully and transparently dishonest to selectively edit out the part you don't like. 

Here were the other 2 quotes from those polled - from another who ranked him lowly - that stated why:

"When I watch Geno play, where are the base plays?" one of these coaches said. "To make the quarterback successful, you do not run more exotic schemes. Geno has run an offense that is trying to win with scheme. I see a guy who has talent, but he has not been coached like a quarterback. I think you have to give him a 3 based on that."

The other offensive coach said the 2014 Jets "ran every play in the history of football" at the expense of those base plays a young quarterback needs to rely upon in a pinch. Both coaches used the word "incomplete" when describing Smith.

The chief reason you are wrong is the poll asked some people - some 35 coaches and some NFL insiders, not all coaches, and there's no evidence they asked even one NFL head coach - to rank the starting QBs, not all the QBs. If you want to contend that he ranked #32, then it's ahead of where those same people ranked Ryan Fitzpatrick, since Fitz wasn't in the top 31 ahead of him in the very poll you reference.

He still blew, but your summary of what a wholly unscientific poll showed is quite simply wrong.

You are trying to spin an article in a way it was not intended.     It was researched and written to rank the starting QB's for 2013 and 2014.   It used coaches and ESPN insiders because ESPN did the story.   Well they voted Geno the worst starting QB in the NFL two years in a row.  

I don't know why Fitz was not rated, and I don't care.  It's not a pro Fitz statement.   It's just the truth about Geno.   

Well of course it's not scientific, its asking people in the know what they thought.  They, as a hole, thought Geno suckEd. Some that were asked thought there was reasons he sucked but as a hole he was judged the worst.   

Its whole, not hole.  :wacko:

And yes, some had a lot different view: 

Smith is currently penciled in, and he's the more interesting study as a young player with some talent...two of the higher-profile offensive coaches in the league accounted for two of the three highest votes for Smith.

2 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Fitz threw the 2nd most interceptable passes last year . He may have gotten better but he got extremely lucky . And When u needed him most 3 interceptions back to back to back . I don't get hype I would take him back but I'm not crazy to think he is anything more than a solid Jag.

Do you think he gives us the best chance for the most 2016 wins out of the usual suspects?

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

It's all a matter of perception.  Take for example your post.  I see that and count six times you called Geno "the man"!

Subconsciously, you're really a Geno supporter.

Geno's history is bad behavior & poor performances ... Nice effort trying to hide from that with attempt at humor though

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Yep. Pretty sure that was the game Rex told Geno to force it to Harvin.

Harvin wasn't on the team in November of 2013 when he went 8 of 23 for 103 yards with 0 TDs and 3 INTs.  He also took 4 sacks.  I guess he could have compiled more yards if he weren't benched for the immortal Matt Simms who threw for 60 and a TD in 1 quarter.  ******* Rex sabotaging Geno again!

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Harvin wasn't on the team in November of 2013 when he went 8 of 23 for 103 yards with 0 TDs and 3 INTs.  He also took 4 sacks.  I guess he could have compiled more yards if he weren't benched for the immortal Matt Simms who threw for 60 and a TD in 1 quarter.  ******* Rex sabotaging Geno again!

Ah yes, the Dave and Busters game.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Week-11-Jets-vs-Bills-highlights/3b2c5628-6138-4c7b-8ad2-e46077a9ea0f

Holy crap at that last interception. I must have turned that off at that point.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The nitpicking of Fitzpatrick looks quite comical when you go back and watch the Sanchez and Geno games. And I dont  think Fitz is very good.

I don't think he is very good ether, but just wow watching some of Geno's games. Lol

i only want Fitz back because it ends Geno and he will be a good mentor to Hack.  Which is all that matters, developing Hack.  

Just now, Joe Jets fan said:

I don't think he is very good ether, but just wow watching some of Geno's games. Lol

i only want Fitz back because it ends Geno and he will be a good mentor to Hack.  Which is all that matters, developing Hack.  

I mean I think folks are forgetting how bad it got in some of the Geno games. Like half of his starts were total non competitive efforts. There were games with multiple turnovers that gave the opponent possession at the Jets 10 yard line and in. Pick 6's on screen passes for christs sakes...Fitz is at best average, but we dont look like the Popke led Armadillos either.

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The nitpicking of Fitzpatrick looks quite comical when you go back and watch the Sanchez and Geno games. And I dont  think Fitz is very good.

All most Jets fans want is a QB that gives them a fighting chance on Sunday. Fitz does that, Geno doesn't. It's really that simple. It would get real ugly quickly for a veteran team like this to open with Geno the first 5-6 weeks and wind up 1-5 or 2-4 and then have to turn to one of the other young guys who aren't ready yet. It's a recipe for disaster. 

21 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

All most Jets fans want is a QB that gives them a fighting chance on Sunday. Fitz does that, Geno doesn't. It's really that simple. It would get real ugly quickly for a veteran team like this to open with Geno the first 5-6 weeks and wind up 1-5 or 2-4 and then have to turn to one of the other young guys who aren't ready yet. It's a recipe for disaster. 

Instead Carl we win a few games hoot and holler a few games for an overpaid journeyman QB who will put this team in cap hell and stop us from signing one of the best DL men in the league not make the playoffs and get a sh*tty draft pick again. Sign me up :rolleyes:

39 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I don't want a fighting chance.  I want the jets to kick ass.  We all, including you, have never seen Geno with Gailey, BM, Decker, and Forte.  Geno was a 22 and 23 year old who never should've been a starter, and of course let's not forget how sh1tty the team was those two years.  I am excited to see Geno with this team, and coaching staff.

But, I'm afraid you'll get what you want...Fitz will be back, and we'll have a fighting chance.  yay.

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Instead Carl we win a few games hoot and holler a few games for an overpaid journeyman QB who will put this team in cap hell and stop us from signing one of the best DL men in the league not make the playoffs and get a sh*tty draft pick again. Sign me up :rolleyes:

He won't put the team in cap hell. The Jets have enough money to sign Wilk. They have for a long time. They are choosing not to. You spew the same incorrect rhetoric all the time. Don't you get tired of making yourself look foolish? Do better. 

1 minute ago, YankeeJet22 said:

I don't want a fighting chance.  I want the jets to kick ass.  We all, including you, have never seen Geno with Gailey, BM, Decker, and Forte.  Geno was a 22 and 23 year old who never should've been a starter, and of course let's not forget how sh1tty the team was those two years.  I am excited to see Geno with this team, and coaching staff.

But, I'm afraid you'll get what you want...Fitz will be back, and we'll have a fighting chance.  yay.

You're either a good quarterback or you're a bad quarterback. Geno Smith is bad. No offensive coordinator or wide receiver is going to change the way he prepares or plays. He's inaccurate when he throws the ball and more often than not it's not even the right decision. I've seen enough of Geno. I don't need to see act four to know how this movie ends. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He won't put the team in cap hell. The Jets have enough money to sign Wilk. They have for a long time. They are choosing not to. You spew the same incorrect rhetoric all the time. Don't you get tired of making yourself look foolish? Do better. 

Where is the money coming from to sigh Fitzpatrick?  Please explain otherwise STOP with your nonsense the Jets dont have the money Fitz demands otherwise he would have been signed long time ago. Will be anxiously awaiting your plan. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You're either a good quarterback or you're a bad quarterback. Geno Smith is bad. No offensive coordinator or wide receiver is going to change the way he prepares or plays. He's inaccurate when he throws the ball and more often than not it's not even the right decision. I've seen enough of Geno. I don't need to see act four to know how this movie ends. 

Fitzpatrick is very inaccurate with a weak arm his only positive is he doesn't make dumb decisions with the ball. Geno was thrown into the fire under Rex. 

Archived