Start Geno

drdetroit

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Its time to start Geno, we need to figure out what he is before we let him walk after this year. If he has a good season, we franchise him and make him do it again before locking him up to a very long, very lucrative deal

8 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I'm confused.  New meds?

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

jekyll_hide-783400.jpg

looks like Bowel BowlesMovement has a case of IBS

17 hours ago, Mainejet said:

I will be unhappy no matter who is the QB. I don't like losing seasons and this is sure to be a losing season. What REALLY makes me unhappy is when Jets fans pretend as though the front office is so wonderful when they ALLOW a losing season to occur.

Their primary goal is trying to set this team up for long term success.  Their secondary goal is making the best out of the next season with the veterans available last year & this year.

outside of Paxton Lynch (who at this point Mac still gets the benefit of the doubt from me ... And at this point he values the combo of Darron Lee & Hackenberg over Lynch) what other moves would you have done?

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

I'm confused.  New meds?

Nope, my pops taught me that when people you highly respect keep telling you, you are wrong, that you listen to them, because you probably are wrong. I am done some self reflection and now see the error of my past indigestion.

24 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Nope, my pops taught me that when people you highly respect keep telling you, you are wrong, that you listen to them, because you probably are wrong. I am done some self reflection and now see the error of my past indigestion.

Either evolution or some good sarcasm.

Well done either way!  :cheers:

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

I dont,...I dont even know if I should touch this! lol. However, knowing the Jets luck this sh*t would happen. 

Look, I don't think people should use anal beads or condoms, yet some people do, and some use both at the same time! sometimes you just have to say WTF! 

As Marlon Brandow once said, GIVE GENO THE DAMN BALL!

6 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Look, I don't think people should use anal beads or condoms, yet some people do, and some use both at the same time! sometimes you just have to say WTF! 

As Marlon Brandow once said, GIVE GENO THE DAMN BALL!

Dont knock it til you try it bro. 

Did I say just say that? NEVERMIND! :huh:

45 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

This franchise CANNOT let Geno be the third on that list for this franchise! Give the man his chance and he will reward you all!

Awesome, you've learned well young padawan.

However as much as I understand Belichick is great at what he does, I'm glad he left.  Getting Ws is important, but not at the cost of integrity.

This whole Pat dynasty will be viewed as the worst time in NFL history.

21 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Awesome, you've learned well young padawan.

However as much as I understand Belichick is great at what he does, I'm glad he left.  Getting Ws is important, but not at the cost of integrity.

This whole Pat dynasty will be viewed as the worst time in NFL history.

While I desperately want Geno to go away I agree with you for a change Mike about Belichick. Glad he left and good riddance to bad rubbish. 

1 hour ago, BowlesMovement said:

This franchise CANNOT let Geno be the third on that list for this franchise! Give the man his chance and he will reward you all!

We already let the 3rd get away with Rex Ryan starting "Bills Nation. The 4th is Tanny who just paid the next AFCE HOF QB in his namesake Tannyhill. 

Don't forget the Shoddy guy we let get away, and the Sanchise. 

1 minute ago, jett said:

I WANT GENO GONE JUST SO THESE DAMN THREADS STOP. 

I wish there was no such thing as volcanos, they frighten me, but instead of being afraid, I like to get naked and put Pepto Bismol in my mouth and spit it out, and let it run down me like a volcano. Then the fear is gone. Don't be afraid of Geno

19 minutes ago, jett said:

I WANT GENO GONE JUST SO THESE DAMN THREADS STOP. 

If Fitz was gone, the threads would end too.  Plus we'd save 12mil in cap space.  Win - Win.

Edit:  Fitz already is gone.  So he just has to stay gone. 

2 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

As Marlon Brandow once said, GIVE GENO THE DAMN ANAL BEADS!

Fixed

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 11:40 PM, Jetsplayer21 said:

The same idiots who say Geno sucks are the same dummies who laughed at the idea of Ryan Fitzpatrick being anything decent when we traded for him last year.. Fitz and geno are nearly the same.. One can actually improve.. One played with horrible recievers with bad Oline in his early yrs.. The other had solid Oline play from one of the top 1-2 receiving duo in nfl . With a actually smart OC for once.. Not to mention a much better D last yr.. That is a forgotten difference maker.. 

The same idiots who say Geno sucks are the same dummies who laughed at the idea of Ryan Fitzpatrick being anything decent when we traded for him last year..

True.

Fitz and geno are nearly the same

Not even close. Fitz just came off a career year. Contact me when Geno comes close to a career year unless you're talking about not getting punched in the face.

One can actually improve

One DID improve. It was Fitz last season. Normal logic guides you to go with the guy that had the best year playing with the current players you have on your team. Get it?

One played with horrible recievers with bad Oline in his early yrs

So I guess Eric Decker is a horrible receiver? I think not. Meanwhile, he's never built chemistry with any receiver including Eric Decker.

The other had solid Oline play from one of the top 1-2 receiving duo in nfl

Geno never had OLine play? Better go back and look at the official statistics.

Not to mention a much better D last yr

The Jets were ranked sixth in overall defense in 2014. They were ranked fourth overall in 2015. Much better? I think not.

14 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

32 NFL teams so far no takers.....says something 

2 hours ago, Mainejet said:

The same idiots who say Geno sucks are the same dummies who laughed at the idea of Ryan Fitzpatrick being anything decent when we traded for him last year..

True.

Fitz and geno are nearly the same

Not even close. Fitz just came off a career year. Contact me when Geno comes close to a career year unless you're talking about not getting punched in the face.

One can actually improve

One DID improve. It was Fitz last season. Normal logic guides you to go with the guy that had the best year playing with the current players you have on your team. Get it?

One played with horrible recievers with bad Oline in his early yrs

So I guess Eric Decker is a horrible receiver? I think not. Meanwhile, he's never built chemistry with any receiver including Eric Decker.

The other had solid Oline play from one of the top 1-2 receiving duo in nfl

Not to mention a much better D last yr

The Jets were ranked sixth in overall defense in 2014. They were ranked fourth overall in 2015. Much better? I think not.

Lol. Maine geno was thrown to the wolves after Sanchez went down pre-season. He was suppose to sit and learn. Remember he wasn't coming from a pro offense in college? Remember this is the nfl, most rookies don't hit their prime until atleast 4th yr.. Hence maybe it took Fitzpatrick what 10? After being a carreer journeyman who always sh*tt the bed in big spots. I.E. - buf game 4 picks, huge picks end in 4th.. Geno only had decker in 14. Without Marshall do you honestly think fitz would have anywhere near a great season ? Or without his favorite OC ? You have to be kidding me.. Without Marshall and galley Fitzpatrick would be lucky to even find a # 2 spot for 2-3 million.. Marshall hurled in I don't know how many would be picks from fitz.. Geno could easily do just as good with a monster like Marshall, and the perhaps best #2 reciever in nfl in decker.. Galley is a great OC. Fitz can't throw deep and is only getting older.. Do you think every team in the NFL doesn't see what fitz is ? His agent is calling around begging for an offer and is getting no takers..

4 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol. Maine geno was thrown to the wolves after Sanchez went down pre-season. He was suppose to sit and learn. Remember he wasn't coming from a pro offense in college? Remember this is the nfl, most rookies don't hit their prime until atleast 4th yr.. Hence maybe it took Fitzpatrick what 10? After being a carreer journeyman who always sh*tt the bed in big spots. I.E. - buf game 4 picks, huge picks end in 4th.. Geno only had decker in 14. Without Marshall do you honestly think fitz would have anywhere near a great season ? Or without his favorite OC ? You have to be kidding me.. Without Marshall and galley Fitzpatrick would be lucky to even find a # 2 spot for 2-3 million.. Marshall hurled in I don't know how many would be picks from fitz.. Geno could easily do just as good with a monster like Marshall, and the perhaps best #2 reciever in nfl in decker.. Galley is a great OC. Fitz can't throw deep and is only getting older.. Do you think every team in the NFL doesn't see what fitz is ? His agent is calling around begging for an offer and is getting no takers..

Geno did get screwed by the coaching staff by being thrown to the wolves when he was not ready ... Whether that is the root cause of his deer in the headlights response to pocket pressure or not I don't know ... But I do know that is his response & that he will be a significant drop in 2016 results.

7 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Sure, Fitz came off a career year 11 years into his mediocre career which didnt consist of a playoff appearance or even an alternate probowl selection. I'll most definitely contact you if Geno comes close to being a middle of the pack QB for a season. 

I love how people talk about logic! Yet the Executive of the year is willing to move forward without that guy. It seems like the guy in charge is willing to take a risk of not moving on with a guy who had a "career year". Also, you say "career year" like Fitz career was an already impressive one. His career year made him a middle of the pack QB, and it took arguably the best offensive talent the Jets have fielded the past 30 years in order to do it. I cant take the "normal logic" of a guy seriously on a subject where he states that "Geno Smith would be nothing more than a drug dealer". That statement shows your level of logic, which is normal to you, but rather telling to most. 

Nope, Eric Decker isnt a horrible receiver, but I can tell you 2 things that he wasnt though. 1. He's not a #1 receiver, which is what he played his first season. 2. He was injured the entire season. Yet with that, Decker was 38 yards away from a 1,000 yard season...which could have been more if he was actually on the field and not dealing with his Hamstring. 

No need to look at the official stats, how about looking at the official games. How about looking at 2013 Vlad Ducasse who was benched that season for a rookie Brian Winters who didnt do much better. Willie Colon was a below average RG given his lack of consistency. 2013 was the year that everyone noticed the obvious drop in performance from D'Brick. Mangold was not only our best Olineman, but he was the only Olineman that was consistent. Austin Howard's best season for us was in 2013 and he was average at best. I could show you GIF after GIF of free rushers already in Geno's face before he even completes his drop back. But of course you knew this since you watched the games right? 

Your "check the official stats" comment is just as bad as saying "So I guess Eric Decker is a horrible receiver", like Decker playing out of position with no other respectable WR on the field somehow kept him from being double teamed when he actually was on the field. 

This is a perfect example of your "normal logic". The Jets defense in 2014 ranked 24th in the league, giving up 25.1 points per game. The Jets defense in 2015 ranked 9th giving up just 19 points per game. Much better you ask? Yeah, 14 spots and an entire touchdown better as a matter of fact. One is a top 10 defense (2015) the other is a bottom 10 defense (2014). And you dont even need stats here, watching both seasons you can tell which defense is obviously better. Use your eyes instead of trying to hate on Geno so much.

To further Drive home this point, the 2013 Jets defense (Geno's rookie season) was ranked 20th in the NFL (tied with buffalo) giving up 24.2 points per game. 

So, Geno Smith never had a defense that ranked below 20th to start off his career. Fitzpatrick gets a top 10 defense and your logic forces you to ask the question "Much better???". 

You're getting so incredibly beside yourself that Fitzpatrick won 10 games when the defense was ranked 9th best in the league, allowing just 19 points per game on average, While finally having a legit #1 receiver since Keyshawn Johnson (1999), a #2 WR since Jerricho Cotchery (2007) and a 1,000 yard rusher since Thomas Jones (2009). 

Meanwhile Geno as a rookie won 8 games with a 20th ranked defense that on average allowed 24 points per game and if im correct the only probowler on that team was Nick Mangold. Speaking of Probowlers, Fitz had a probowl WR on his team in Marshall. The last time the Jets had a probowler at an offensive skill-set position was Richie Anderson in 2000. The last time the Jets had a Probowl WR was Keyshawn Johnson in 1999. You probably couldnt tell me off the top of your head Geno's top 2 receivers in his rookie season....because they didnt do much. 

You need to go have a seat somewhere. 

5 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Maine geno was thrown to the wolves after Sanchez went down pre-season. He was suppose to sit and learn

DUMB. After Sanchez giving up a record amount of turnovers in 2012, any common sense thinking person KNEW Sanchez would be in a straight up QB competition with Geno Smith.

Remember he wasn't coming from a pro offense in college?

After 3 seasons people are still using that excuse? For 3 seasons now Geno Smith has not only SUCKED as a QB, but he's shown to be a f*ckin' punk.

Remember this is the nfl, most rookies don't hit their prime until atleast 4th yr

NOT true. You could say the 4th year is a make or break year for any other player, but at QB 3 seasons is the normal limit.

Hence maybe it took Fitzpatrick what 10?

YES. It took him 10 seasons to have a respectable season. BUT he also managed to hang around so he could have that respectable season. Lets see if Geno Smith can hang around for 10 seasons. I seriously doubt it. Hell, lets see if Geno can have a respectable season, one with good numbers and Geno doesn't get his jaw broken for being a f*ckin' douchebag.

After being a carreer journeyman who always sh*tt the bed in big spots. I.E. - buf game 4 picks, huge picks end in 4th

All of this is true, but at least FITZ got us into position to get into the playoffs. Come see me when Geno can get a team into the playoffs. The guy sucks.

Geno only had decker in 14

That's all he deserved. LOOK at his numbers. They are horrid. Not to mention he's never built chemistry with ANY WR the Jets have had including a very accommodating and easy to work with Eric Decker.

Without Marshall do you honestly think fitz would have anywhere near a great season ?

NO. Last season was a team effort all the way. But not only did Fitz build good chemistry with Marshall, he also built very good chemistry with Eric Decker and Bilal Powell. Geno has NEVER even had so much as good working relationship with anyone. All he's known for is being a terrible QB and guy that likes to assault old men.

Or without his favorite OC ?

We could quite possibly see that in 2016.

Without Marshall and galley Fitzpatrick would be lucky to even find a # 2 spot for 2-3 million..

The point is, he DID have a good season. When has Geno ever had a good season? He is what is best for the NYJ in 2016. That's what normal logic brings you to.

Marshall hurled in I don't know how many would be picks from fitz

Yes he did. Marshall beasted all of 2015. He had GREAT numbers hauling in otherwise errant passes. He also did the same for Jay Cutler and Chad Henne.

Geno could easily do just as good with a monster like Marshall, and the perhaps best #2 reciever in nfl in decker..

NONSENSE. Geno would need a brain first. You've seen what many posters on this site have claimed? Geno has a golden arm and a 10 cent brain? It's true. On top of that, Geno has done NOTHING to be deserving of another chance. NOTHING. His numbers stink, he's a terrible teammate, locker room cancer, etc.

Galley is a great OC

Gailey is a great OC because players like Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, and Bilal Powell were able to soak up his tutelage and make the most of it on the field. Gailey is ONLY as good as the players he has on the field.

Fitz can't throw deep and is only getting older..

TRUE. But he's still the best and ONLY option for the NYJ in 2016. Geno SUCKS, remember?

Do you think every team in the NFL doesn't see what fitz is ?

Well, I guess he's made six suckers in 11 seasons now, so he must be doing something right? Geno will NEVER last that long in the NFL.

His agent is calling around begging for an offer and is getting no takers..

TRUE. That's why Fitz will inevitably have to sign with the Jets. But he'll only sign for one season and come hell or high water Fitz will be a free agent next season unless the Jets raise their offer to him.

Archived