Decker & Marshall are back

Maxman

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Decker's little protest seems much more of a sham, as it became known that he and Fitzpatrick share the same agent.

Agreed, It was a sham but it was an unprecedented one.  Is this what the league can expect going forward?  Now players don't just hold out, their teammates, friends and/or people that share an agent are going to begin holding out on each others behalf?

When decker's up for a contract renewal is Ftiz going to be obligated to hold out then too? (just an example, I know we won't want Fitz by then)

It just opens up a huge can of worms...for an 11 year journeyman!

20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It just opens up a huge can of worms...for an 11 year journeyman!

Agreed...  when the season started, NO ONE was excited that FITZ was our QB.  Im still not.  Would I like him for 1 more year at say 6 to 8 mil??? YES.  But he is not our future.

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Agreed...  when the season started, NO ONE was excited that FITZ was our QB.  Im still not.  Would I like him for 1 more year at say 6 to 8 mil??? YES.  But he is not our future.

when hackenberg is starting next season, this whole little hissy fit that decker pulled will see that much stupider.  

WR's will love any Qb that gets them the ball and helps them win games.  Marshall is a great example, he loves all our QB's they love Ftiz now becasue of what he did last year (good thing our WR are not as obtuse as a half dozen posters on here).  If fitz leaves and Geno plays great they will all love Geno, if Geno falls on his ass and the jets have a bad year the ringing endorsements will stop pretty quickly.

I have no issue with these vets missing voluntary work outs, some others that are bubble vets should not miss them (part of Kerleys down fall last year I think).

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Well let's see.  Like that Mangold was protesting also?  Who missed camp not because of Fitz, as was originally reported, but because of the birth of his child the day before?  

Because Marshall, of anyone checked, was on vacation with his family?  Pictures posted on the Internet?

Leaves only Decker.  Three down to possibly 1.  Not really an effective protest when you don't tell anyone it's a protest though.  Not really loyalty, having another mans and whatever other nonsense you romanticize while you're guessing. 

Nevermind why would anyone protest that that we know he received a 12mil+ offer?  He wasn't being ignored.  No reason to protest now.  

From your mouth to gods ears. You DO know everything.

9 hours ago, Mainejet said:

I haven't lost any respect for these guys. What they did is called LOYALTY. It's having another mans back. I'm glad they did their protest. I'm also glad they cut it short because the team needs them. They'll be going through the motions with Geno, but they won't care about him. They want Fitz back and that is clear.

lol I love when I read stuff like this-if we assume they did protest -Loyalty is not what it was-they were NOT loyal to 99.9% of their other team mates for NOT showing up and they were not Loyal to the organization that pays their salary-if there was in fact a protest it was actually extremely DISLOYAL to 99.9% of the team

In the end it was a matter of missing a few days of voluntary OTAs.  Stuff like this happens all the time, it's just a matter of what type of drama can be made out of it in the media, because there's nothing to talk about in the football world right now.  Nobody is going to remember any of this crap even happened once there's something real going on.

20 minutes ago, kmnj said:

lol I love when I read stuff like this-if we assume they did protest -Loyalty is not what it was-they were NOT loyal to 99.9% of their other team mates for NOT showing up and they were not Loyal to the organization that pays their salary-if there was in fact a protest it was actually extremely DISLOYAL to 99.9% of the team

Yeah sure. It must be you that has all that great knowledge even more so than our resident know-it-all Jet Nut. The media claims it but you know they are full of sh*t and from here on out I should come to you to get all my Jets news.

59 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

From your mouth to gods ears. You DO know everything.

Nice, wish I did.  This one makes too much sense if you ignore what some pinhead, shltstirring media fool sold everyone

Now Decker according to PFT is saying he didn't not show up because of the Jets not signing Fitz. He said it was a planned family vacation and he had informed the coaching staff on it. The article kind of alluded to reporters often connecting the dots. In other words if Decker is good personal friends with Fitz and he's a no show the first day of OTAs it means he did it to support Fitz. Decker says that wasn't it. Another example of this connecting the dots by so-called reporters could be the rumor (unsubstantiated) that "sources" said Fitz was after Osweiler money. The connection being that they both have the same agent. Like this proves anything. 

3 hours ago, bergenjets said:

Any quotes from Marshall or Decker about the missed days? Was this protest real or was it imagined by our local writers?

I had a feeling that was going to happen. We have a pack of losers covering this team.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Now Decker according to PFT is saying he didn't not show up because of the Jets not signing Fitz. He said it was a planned family vacation and he had informed the coaching staff on it. The article kind of alluded to reporters often connecting the dots. In other words if Decker is good personal friends with Fitz and he's a no show the first day of OTAs it means he did it to support Fitz. Decker says that wasn't it. Another example of this connecting the dots by so-called reporters could be the rumor (unsubstantiated) that "sources" said Fitz was after Osweiler money. The connection being that they both have the same agent. Like this proves anything. 

5 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

when hackenberg is starting next season, this whole little hissy fit that decker pulled will see that much stupider.  

You think they will start Hack just to make Decker's stats suffer?

That will learn him.  lol...

36 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You think they will start Hack just to make Decker's stats suffer?

That will learn him.  lol...

I know you are kidding but Decker's #s weren't that much better in 2015 and decker was rarely healthy in 2014.

8 hours ago, bergenjets said:

I had a feeling that was going to happen. We have a pack of losers covering this team.

It started with a tweet from Brian Costello that he got it from a "source" on the Jets. He then wrote an article also. Then that ****wit jackass Mehta started connecting dots. Then it is was everywhere.

Brian Costello. GTFOH you a$$hole.

Archived