Sign in to follow this  
courtnj18

Jets not interested in one-year, $12 million for Fitzpatrick

so let me get this straight.  fitz rejects a multiple year contract where he's guaranteed 12M year 1, but welcomes a 1 year deal for 12M.  the jets do not want a 1 yr deal b/c of how it impacts the cap; if fitz takes the multiple year deal, it's better for the jets cap situation this season.

what i read into this is, the jets want fitz around next season to help hackenberg (with fitz as the backup), while fitz does not want to be a backup next season and therefore would prefer the 1 year deal.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, faba said:

It is pretty clear the Jets do not see him as a starting QB for multiple years- he thinks he is- there is your stalemate. Who waivers first

yep, that's basically what i said above.  fitz's problem is that soooo many teams have drafted qbs high in recent years, teams that have traditionally had qb problems.  so now teams like the rams, jags, raiders, vikings, texans and even the jets, they have qbs of the future.  fitz had 1 good year and he thinks the league's perception of him has changed but it hasn't.    

Just now, bowlesichick said:

FITZTRAGIC can only thank himself for this mess.......he lost the Buffalo game. He has no leverage.....he has no argument....he left everything he had out there last year and 

it wasn't enough.......it wasn't enough.

both buffalo games.  

1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

What have they changed?  The know Fitzpatricks value and are not going to bid against themselves.   The ball is in Fitz court if he wants to play for the Jets this season. 

two main things mccags does differently than idzik and tanny:

1) real scouting

2) sets a value for players and doesn't pay more or get bullied by agents.

i think this whole fitz thing is interesting.  mccags and bowles want fitz back.  fitz's teammates want him back, with geno the possible lone exception.  but they only want him back on their terms.  if fitz doesn't agree to them, then geno is the starter.  it's not that the jets are bidding against themselves.  it's all based on the value mccags sets for players.  

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company