Jets not interested in one-year, $12 million for Fitzpatrick

courtnj18

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is like hooking up with three chicks at the bar.  One is a 200lb beast but her two friends are cute, so you go along with it.

They take you back to their place.  The words "orgy" and "foursome" are being used.

Once things heat up, the two cute chicks leave the room and you're left with the Rob Ryan lookalike.  Not cool!

1st year @12mil = the fat chick

2nd and 3rd years @6mil = the two cute chicks

No one bones the fat chick w/o the cute ones.

You couldn't get laid in a women's prison with a handful of pardons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

To me it makes no sense so it's probably true. 

The reason it makes sense is the hit to cap space this year with a 1-year,  $12M deal. The 3-year $24M deal avoids the hit this year, even if he is paid $12M this year.

Just now, jfmckenna said:

You couldn't get laid in a women's prison with a handful of pardons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well duh.  Haven't you watched Orange is the New Black?  They're all carpet munchers.

20 minutes ago, Jet Fan RI said:

The reason it makes sense is the hit to cap space this year with a 1-year,  $12M deal. The 3-year $24M deal avoids the hit this year, even if he is paid $12M this year.

Then do a Revis-NEP kind of deal and then cut Fitz next year. 

3 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Based on the offer, I don't know that it is obvious.  I'd say it's obvious they want him to at least compete for the job this year though.  But at 8mil per on average for 3 seasons, it's not quite as bad if he ends up not starting and just being the vet backup through what could be a challenging three years of getting one of Geno/Hack/Petty to be a true starter.

@12mil for one year, you're basically handing him the starting gig for one year and left with having to decide whether to re-sign either him or Geno again next season.  No benefit to the Jets at all.

hey mike, this is your boss talking.  you had a great year last year, well, for a mike135 type year that is.  you are borderline good, so we are prepared to offer you low end money for a poster of your status, but that's just for a year.  then we are locking you in for 2 years at jowilly money.  Now because of the new CBA you can't hold out and I will have your rights and I will decide your future.

whats that, you want to do a 1 year deal and bet on yourself ?

whats in it for me mike ?

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

hey mike, this is your boss talking.  you had a great year last year, well, for a mike135 type year that is.  you are borderline good, so we are prepared to offer you low end money for a poster of your status, but that's just for a year.  then we are locking you in for 2 years at jowilly money.  Now because of the new CBA you can't hold out and I will have your rights and I will decide your future.

Ha, creative and we'll done!  But I'd definitely take @joewilly12 money.  That's gotta be like 20mil per.

What I'd do though?  Initially I'd say "screw you" and go check my inbox for offers from other forums.  

...  checking ...

...  still checking ...

hmmmmmm... no offers...  :-k

"Hey Boss, yeah, man that deal sounds great.  Sign me up!"

3 hours ago, Larz said:

That's why the 1 year deal makes sense. He's not going to start then lock in for backup.money

You mean exactly like he already did with Houston? He signed a multi-year deal with them at backup money (half the backup money he's turning down now). It was the same placeholder-starter role, except for far less money. The Texans wanted him to be the stopgap instead of Schaub (I think it came down to Fitz or Sanchez for them, and Fitz was cheaper). That was 2 years $7.5M with $4M guaranteed.

Now that the Jets offer far more than that per year, including quadruple the guaranteed money despite Fitz being 2 years closer to retirement, it's unacceptable and no one would ever do such a thing.

16 minutes ago, Larz said:

10 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Ha, creative and we'll done!  But I'd definitely take @joewilly12 money.  That's gotta be like 20mil per.

What I'd do though?  Initially I'd say "screw you" and go check my inbox for offers from other forums.  

...  checking ...

...  still checking ...

hmmmmmm... no offers...  :-k

"Hey Boss, yeah, man that deal sounds great.  Sign me up!"

However in an ideal world the continuation would go like...

Boss:  "Sorry mike, ya took too long.  @Villain The Foe has been kickin' @ss.  We'll still take ya back, but at @Rangers9 money (5mil per) to backup Villain."

Me:  "$hit."

I fire my agent.  Then check my inbox for other forum offers as a backup poster.  Couple offers for 3 to 4mil.  ](*,)

Me:  "Hey Boss, OK I'll take it.  Thrilled to be on board!"

24 minutes ago, Larz said:

Lolololololol

34 minutes ago, Larz said:

jowilly money? 

5 hours ago, bowlesichick said:

FITZTRAGIC can only thank himself for this mess.......he lost the Buffalo game. He has no leverage.....he has no argument....he left everything he had out there last year and 

it wasn't enough.......it wasn't enough.

winning that game would have made him several million dollars more.  he blew it.

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I think Brady is making a lot more than 14. And guys like Flacco and Brees are getting 20 plus. Average starter money is about 16 and we're about guys like Dalton. These are multi-year deals that sometimes exceed 100 mil. So one year for 12 doesn't commit you to a player or kill your cap. I mean Mo doesn't want the franchise tag and won't sign it and it's 16 mil. He wants more years and guaranteed money because in the NFL you can get cut and then you get nothing. Plus if you get injured you get nothing after that one year. With the multi year deal you get the value of the entire contract. So Fitz is giving up a lot and taking a chance by taking a one year contract. I think the Jets owe him more consideration because he got lower backup money last year and started every game. By the way the cap has gone up every year and that's to better compensate the players via higher salaries. 

Using an average of starting money is not the proper way since there are only 2 tiers. The top 21 QBs all make between 16 and 22 mil per year. The lowest 2 being Dalton, and Palmer.

there is one QB making 12 mil and that is the extremely stupid deal made by the Rams for Nick Foles who is not even going to start.

The next 11 QBs make between 4.5 and 7.5 mil. All of them starters. The highest being Andrew Luck

Where do you put Fitz? In the top tier, or the the lower tier? If he's in the lower tier then 8 mil is a very good offer. 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Yeah 24 million dollars + incentives for playing QB with a great OC, great weapons and a great defense. Got to feel for a guy like that. Maybe we could have an after school special, or start a telethon. 

For a guy that has played for 5 crappy teams and been cut almost every year this has got to be his dream job.

He did try out the open market and discovered there is none.

He needs to accept that, count his blessings, start working towards earning those incentives, and start changing the narrative of his career. 

42 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Using an average of starting money is not the proper way since there are only 2 tiers. The top 21 QBs all make between 16 and 22 mil per year. The lowest 2 being Dalton, and Palmer.

there is one QB making 12 mil and that is the extremely stupid deal made by the Rams for Nick Foles who is not even going to start.

The next 11 QBs make between 4.5 and 7.5 mil. All of them starters. The highest being Andrew Luck

Where do you put Fitz? In the top tier, or the the lower tier? If he's in the lower tier then 8 mil is a very good offer. 

Those starters like Winston and Mariota are all on rookie contracts. 

47 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

if we are going to use a tier system, than its 3 tiers, not 2

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

However in an ideal world the continuation would go like...

Boss:  "Sorry mike, ya took too long.  @Villain The Foe has been kickin' @ss.  We'll still take ya back, but at @Rangers9 money (5mil per) to backup Villain."

Me:  "$hit."

I fire my agent.  Then check my inbox for other forum offers as a backup poster.  Couple offers for 3 to 4mil.  ](*,)

Me:  "Hey Boss, OK I'll take it.  Thrilled to be on board!"

In an even perfect world I'll make sure to pull an Eric Decker and not show up to "poster OTA's" as a way of expressing solidarity. :lamo:

3 minutes ago, ylekram said:

if we are going to use a tier system, than its 3 tiers, not 2

which tiers 16-22 or 4.5 to 7 ?

There is a gap of over 100% between number 21 and 23. Where is the other gap? 

You think Foles should have his own tier when he isn't even a starter?

Just now, NYs Stepchild said:

which tiers 16-22 or 4.5 to 7 ?

There is a gap of over 100% between number 21 and 23. Where is the other gap? 

You think Foles should have his own tier when he isn't even a starter?

plenty of starting qb's on their rookie deals. that is a totally different tier

2 minutes ago, ylekram said:

plenty of starting qb's on their rookie deals. that is a totally different tier

Well all the backups are getting around 4 mil except for the one people keep mentioning in Chase Daniels. 

The franchise vets are getting 16 mil

That makes 8 million exactly twice the price of a backup, and half the price of a franchise guy. 

Sounds like the perfect spot for Fitz to me. 

4 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:
1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Now that's what I expect from a Fitz a supporter.  Learn that week 17?

Me?...  Never Give Up!

if I were you,i would take that never give up attitude to mac and tell him how you feel. you might make a difference. your efforts are being wasted here

1 minute ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Well all the backups are getting around 4 mil except for the one people keep mentioning in Chase Daniels. 

The franchise vets are getting 16 mil

That makes 8 million exactly twice the price of a backup, and half the price of a franchise guy. 

Sounds like the perfect spot for Fitz to me. 

sure $8 is in the neighborhood. so is $12m. I would like to sign players as cheap as possible. so if fitz signs a 1 year deal @ 8m, great. if he signs at 12m, I wont shed a tear. the 3 year deal the jets offered fitz was a dog dick contract

2 minutes ago, ylekram said:

if I were you,i would take that never give up attitude to mac and tell him how you feel. you might make a difference. your efforts are being wasted here

Lol, hey the poll told us a lot.  Besides that was a 6min video.  You replied in like 3.  No way ya watched it.  Ya should.  May help you break out of settling for mediocrity.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Lol, hey the poll told us a lot.  Besides that was a 6min video.  You replied in like 3.  No way ya watched it.  Ya should.  May help you break out of settling for mediocrity.

it told me the same thing I already knew. that every 3rd person you meet in life is a moron

Archived