Big Reason Fitz is Still Unsigned - Hackenberg

JetBlue

Macc sees this kid taking over the reigns next season or at worst 2018.  There is no reason to overpay for Fitz when it obvious he is not taking this team anywhere this year and mostly would be a back up next year.

"Yeah but we are win now team".  This is the biggest crock of sh*t and I get so tired of hearing it.  This team is NOT winning a Superbowl and that is the only WIN we should be concerned about.   We are building a nice young core while being to stay competitive with enough quality vets who will be passing the torch over the next few seasons.   

In Hackenberg, we have a bona fide "franchise quarterback" in training.   Anyone who is evaluating him based on what he is doing in OTAs is clueless.   I am so sick of reading about Fitzpatrick and his mediocre ass.  If he signs fine; if not I am fine with Geno for one season and then let the Hackenberg era begin (assuming he wins the job, which I think he will.)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

"Yeah but we are win now team".  This is the biggest crock of sh*t and I get so tired of hearing it.  This team is NOT winning a Superbowl  

How exactly do you know that to be sure? Because you believe it? 

The other side of the coin is that the best player in the division is suspended for 4 games, this might be the team's best chance for years. 

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The other side of the coin is that the best player in the division is suspended for 4 games, this might be the team's best chance for years. 

Yep because I believe it.  I also think Macc believes it as well.  Of course anything is possible, hey maybe Geno leads the team to the Superbowl :-).  I bet some folks on the forum would rather blow their brains out then have that happen lol. 

one more...this one: F Fitz who the hell does he think he is. Its crazy he is not being offered anything from any other team but he decides to take advantage of us. I pray to the baby jesus that a glennon deal pops up out of nowhere

8 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

one more...this one: F Fitz who the hell does he think he is. Its crazy he is not being offered anything from any other team but he decides to take advantage of us. I pray to the baby jesus that a glennon deal pops up out of nowhere

Glennon is going to be a FA after this season, nobody will trade for him. 

17 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Macc sees this kid taking over the reigns next season or at worst 2018.  There is no reason to overpay for Fitz when it obvious he is not taking this team anywhere this year and mostly would be a back up next year.

"Yeah but we are win now team".  This is the biggest crock of sh*t and I get so tired of hearing it.  This team is NOT winning a Superbowl and that is the only WIN we should be concerned about.   We are building a nice young core while being to stay competitive with enough quality vets who will be passing the torch over the next few seasons.   

In Hackenberg, we have a bona fide "franchise quarterback" in training.   Anyone who is evaluating him based on what he is doing in OTAs is clueless.   I am so sick of reading about Fitzpatrick and his mediocre ass.  If he signs fine; if not I am fine with Geno for one season and then let the Hackenberg era begin (assuming he wins the job, which I think he will.)

we can't be a win now team w/ Fitz.

11 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Yep because I believe it.  I also think Macc believes it as well.  Of course anything is possible, hey maybe Geno leads the team to the Superbowl :-).  I bet some folks on the forum would rather blow their brains out then have that happen lol. 

So guys like Revis, Mangold, Marshall, Decker, Forte, they should just give up. They won't win the Super Bowl this year. Why even bother playing the games?  

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He knows the same way you know that Geno can't do as well as Fitz and keep saying it over and over again.  Because you believe it.

Funny how personal beliefs only count when theyre yours. 

The best chance we had to make the playoffs in years was last year.  

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

So guys like Revis, Mangold, Marshall, Decker, Forte, they should just give up. They won't win the Super Bowl this year. Why even bother playing the games?  

You seriously believe that every player wakes up and thinks they can win each season when we all know that's not true? 

You also believe that players play sports to win championships only?  You don't get that it's a job, one that pays them huge money?  That if they didn't play football Revis, Mangold, Marshall, Decker, Forte combined wouldn't make in a lifetime what they make in a year.  

Thats a pretty good reason to play.  

25 minutes ago, bitonti said:

And Richardson will also be suspended for X number of games so that probably doesn't help our chances.  

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You seriously believe that every player wakes up and thinks they can win each season when we all know that's not true? 

You also believe that players play sports to win championships only?   

Yes and yes. The money isn't enough, especially after you've earned a ton of it, like these vets. They all go into the season believing they can win it all. If they didn't believe they could beat the odds, they wouldn't be NFL players. 

31 minutes ago, bitonti said:

There's been no word on Sheldon's possible suspension yet.

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He knows the same way you know that Geno can't do as well as Fitz and keep saying it over and over again.  Because you believe it.

Funny how personal beliefs only count when theyre yours. 

The best chance we had to make the playoffs in years was last year.  

Fitz won 10 games last year. Geno has never won more games than he's lost in a season. I don't know if the Jets can win a title but I will take 10 wins every year, no questions asked. Sooner or later they could get on a hot playoff run. Why not this year, with Brady suspended? The AFC East is wide open. 

8 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

And Richardson will also be suspended for X number of games so that probably doesn't help our chances.  

besides the possibility he could avoid suspension (it was all traffic misdemeanors, no jail time, no felonies), the jets have Williams and Mo. There are two other possible impact players. The Jets don't have that sort of depth at QB, at least not this year.  

You don't base major off season moves just because you think your 2nd rounder is going to be handed the team in two years.  They want Fitzpatrick 100% for sue becasue they are going try and have a young guy start sooner than later.  You want to give a guy like Hackenburg his best chance to be good?  You have him sit and watch a vet Qb who the team likes and who is a team leader.

18 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

And we believed geno was the franchise qb.. There aren't too many franchise qbs taken out of the 1st round past these few yrs not named Russell Martin 

And he's a solid catcher on top of that.

38 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

How many more anti Fitz threads can there be???

12 million. That is what the Jets have offered for a one year deal. I hope Fitz takes it just to get this crap over with. I could NOT stand another season of Geno Smith under any circumstances. He sucks and the Jets would be lucky to win five games with him under center. Inaccurate, immature and a turnover machine that lacks the confidence of the rest of the team. Sign Fitz now and get it over with.

28 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yes and yes. The money isn't enough, especially after you've earned a ton of it, like these vets. They all go into the season believing they can win it all. If they didn't believe they could beat the odds, they wouldn't be NFL players. 

You are completely wrong.  

Theyre in it to win but to make money is at least as high on the list.  

28 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Fitz won 10 games last year. Geno has never won more games than he's lost in a season. I don't know if the Jets can win a title but I will take 10 wins every year, no questions asked. Sooner or later they could get on a hot playoff run. Why not this year, with Brady suspended? The AFC East is wide open. 

That's nice if you can pencil in 10 wins a year under Fitz. Except he's done that once in 11 years.  That was with a good team playing a weak schedule, cream puff defenses.  Odds are he doesn't win 10 this year.  Geno manages to win more games as a rookie, with a team devoid of offensive talent as Fitz did in 10 of his 11 seasons.  It's not like Fitz played lights out to carry us to 10 wins.  Why can we at least come in at that same number?  I get Brady is out 4 games but who cares, 2nd place with a playoff spot was there for the taking and we missed.  Don't have to win the division.  

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

LOL @ you thinking they think they have a shot.  They aint stupid. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

This is why I can't really judge any of those guys being vocal about Fitz. This roster is going to undertake some major changes after this season and some down seasons are on the horizon. The Jets competing for anything is a long shot but for the guys you mentioned it's probably their last. The probabilities are still sh*t, but they take a bump up with Fitz at the helm and I guess that's worth something through their eyes.

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is why I can't really judge any of those guys being vocal about Fitz. This roster is going to undertake some major changes after this season and some down seasons are on the horizon. The Jets competing for anything is a long shot but for the guys you mentioned it's probably their last. The probabilities are still sh*t, but they take a bump up with Fitz at the helm and I guess that's worth something through their eyes.

i think they're competing every year.  this year, bowles/mccags would prefer to do it with fitz.  next season, they probably want hack to be the guy.  as vets retire, they will acquire some via FA and hopefully the draft picks develop.  every year is different.  for all we know in 2 years, milliner could be the #1 cb on the team and they're building the secondary around him.  you just never know.

The Jets for sure have a 'shot' if Fitz is the QB this year.  You make the playoffs in this league you get hot and you can be a winner, the friggin Giants should have taught us this much.  If we had a real good QB we would have a better shot but this team still does have talent elsewhere to make noise.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Where are all the angry masses of people correcting you that Fitz didn't win 10 games last year; that those were team wins?

Archived