Most memorable play in Jets History?

Sarge4Tide

my most memorable play goes back to the 1968 play-off game against the raiders,  the raiders were driving for the go ahead td with very little time left and were inside the jets 20 when stabler threw a backwards pass that fell to the ground and the running back did not pick it up and larry grantham fell on the ball and the jets ran out the clock and went to the super bowl.

One that is not the best or mos important but the catch by Braylon Edwards near the sideline to set up the Folk GW filed goal vs the colts is up there.

On the negative side the roughing penalty vs Barton in the playoff game to let San Diego tie the game.

(These plays just stick out for me in the limited time I've been a Jets fan.)

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

One that is not the best or mos important but the catch by Braylon Edwards near the sideline to set up the Folk GW filed goal vs the colts is up there.

On the negative side the roughing penalty vs Barton in the playoff game to let San Diego tie the game.

(These plays just stick out for me in the limited time I've been a Jets fan.)

Gastineaus roughing the passer is much worse

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Gastineaus roughing the passer is much worse

Yeah so I've heard I was not around back then.  All I know is I don't think I have been that mad at one player in any sport for any one play as I was with Barton.  I was totally enraged at the stupidity.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah so I've heard I was not around back then.  All I know is I don't think I have been that mad at one player in any sport for any one play as I was with Barton.  I was totally enraged at the stupidity.

But they won the game anyway. Thanks to Nate Kaeding

off the top of my head the Braylon catch down the sideline against the colts to set up game winning fg , don't think I've anticipated a single play as much as that one ... Also props to collinsworth who was calling for that exact play right before the snap ... Pretty sad that's it at age 26 -__-

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

2b6af6cbcaf852e45de12fea50fc786a.jpg

Not that this is a play but I was going to say the Namath finger-wag as the most memorable positive "play" in Jets' history.  If we follow the rules of the question fairly though, maybe the Wesley Walker OT TD to beat the Dolphins in the shootout is a realistic choice.  

In terms of worst moment, let me think out loud.  Off the top of my head, these are some possibilities: 

-Butt-fumble (didn't have "meaning" though as I think that was the year we beat NE in the post-season)

-Fake-spike (prob cost us the playoffs)

-Gastineau roughing in 1986 playoffs against Cleveland (almost certainly cost us that game)

I'm usually an 80's or 90's guy.

But the S. Greene run @ San Diego to send us to the afc championship always stood out to me.

I thought they had no chance of winning the game, and doom and glooming, waiting for us to blow it. Then, BAM, he was gone and we were going on.

Not a critical game, but I will never forget the sight of what Kris Jenkins did to that poor schmuck playing Center for the Titans (Chris Myers) back in 2009 and the sound of awe in Phil Simms' voice. 

The moment I read the thread title the first play that came to my mind (and as others have said)... Gastineau's roughing the passer penalty in 1986... nothing else even comes close.  Was absolutely gutted on that play

Archived