Would you...

Jets1Fan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Monmouth University has more talent than our 2012-2014 teams did.  Agree with ya there.

He'd win here because the team would allow him to.  Again, look what happened last year with Fitz.  A guy who going into 2015 would have probably been ranked the 40th to 50th best QB in the league.

Rivers now would probably still fall in most top 15s.

Speaking of Monmouth University keep an eye on Neal Sterling drafted by the Jaguars hear they might be moving him to TE the kid was a beast at Monmouth

Without a doubt I'd make that trade.

franchise QBs -even 2-3 year rentals- are where it's at!!!!

its just a pipe dream. I love Rivers the QB, but his 19 kids and Counting Christian lifestyle not a great fit for NY. In all likelihood, his wife would hate NY. If the family stayed where they are, with all their bible-thumpin' friends, and he came here to bring home the bacon, maybe it could work. 

Stop making me think of stoopid impossibilities, please!!

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Speaking of Monmouth University keep an eye on Neal Sterling drafted by the Jaguars hear they might be moving him to TE the kid was a beast at Monmouth

I've lived on Monmouth County 90% of my life and have never seen a game.  Don't follow college ball.  But always good to hear a good local story.  Thanks, I'll keep an eye out.

Agreed.  Though many "experts" would still have him ranked top 15.  Way better than anything we have by a mile.

Rivers with Marshall, Decker and Forte out of the backfield would be scary.

Thank god the Jets are loaded at TE, as that's who Rivers loves to go to in clutch situations.

Just now, PatsFanTX said:

Thank god the Jets are loaded at TE as that's who Rivers loves to go to in clutch situations.

I hate you for this.  But I really did laugh at the sarcasm.

Thank god the Jets are loaded at TE as that's who Rivers loves to go to in clutch situations.

Hey, I think Amaro is gonna be good.

With that said though, Gates and Rivers are joined at the hip.  I'm assuming Gates comes along with the deal.  Old as dirt, slow and injury prone, but the dude still catches TDs.

28 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I think it would take more than Mo and a 2nd rounder honestly.

That said I wouldn't do it. Rivers is an upgrade but he seems like he will always through a big INT. Good fantasy football QB though. :)

Plus he throws the ball like he's flinging poo off his hand.

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

A real SB contender before injury?  Sign me up for that!

the injury was nothing more than an excuse, he sabotaged our season.  he wasn't good most of that season outside of a 3-4 game stretch and he never wanted to be here.  he ruined what could have been a SB season.

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

the injury was nothing more than an excuse, he sabotaged our season.  he wasn't good most of that season outside of a 3-4 game stretch and he never wanted to be here.  he ruined what could have been a SB season.

While I agree that the Jets were not his preferred teams, he had one of the best stretches (especially weeks 7 thru11) of his career prior to his shoulder injury. Look at his numbers prior to the Denver game:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FavrBr00/gamelog/2008/

Hey, I think Amaro is gonna be good.

With that said though, Gates and Rivers are joined at the hip.  I'm assuming Gates comes along with the deal.  Old as dirt, slow and injury prone, but the dude still catches TDs.

Amaro is softer than the Poppin Fresh Doughboy, can't block worth a lick and has terrible hands.

Do you seriously think this guy is going to be good?

3 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Amaro is softer than the Poppin Fresh Doughboy, can't block worth a lick and has terrible hands.

Do you seriously think this guy is going to be good?

"Terrible hands"?

Stats: Had 1,352 receiving yards last year, setting a FBS record for tight ends. Also caught 106 passes, making him the first tight end in Big 12 history to have 100 receptions in a season, and he was just short of the FBS record of 111. Had six 100-yard receiving games, including one in a Holiday Bowl victory against Arizona State.

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

"Terrible hands"?

Stats: Had 1,352 receiving yards last year, setting a FBS record for tight ends. Also caught 106 passes, making him the first tight end in Big 12 history to have 100 receptions in a season, and he was just short of the FBS record of 111. Had six 100-yard receiving games, including one in a Holiday Bowl victory against Arizona State.

You need to ignore him - he's nothing but a troll.

9 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

While I agree that the Jets were not his preferred teams, he had one of the best stretches (especially weeks 7 thru11) of his career prior to his shoulder injury. Look at his numbers prior to the Denver game:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FavrBr00/gamelog/2008/

he was very good for a few games but most of that season he was not, he was outdueled by some of the worst QBs in the league that year and when it mattered most he disappeared.  Favre is another overrated guy, he was exciting but a mess in big games.

"Terrible hands"?

Ummmm, he's an NFL player now, that college crap means nothing whatsoever.

How has he performed as a Jets TE?

Ummmm, he's an NFL player now, that college crap means nothing whatsoever.

How has he performed as a Jets TE?

You don't lose your hands when you jump to the NFL.  Amaro has great hands.

Trouble adjusting his rookie year, not a top blocker (known coming out of college), and injuries... make those arguments if ya like.  But to say he has "terrible hands" kills the argument immediately.

I don't think you can do this because then you won't have a chance to evaluate Geno before he is a free agent. This is Geno's walk year, so we really need to make sure he sucks before we let him walk. If you get Rivers, Geno will be on the bench again and will not have had a fair evaluation.

1 minute ago, BowlesMovement said:

I don't think you can do this because then you won't have a chance to evaluate Geno before he is a free agent. This is Geno's walk year, so we really need to make sure he sucks before we let him walk. If you get Rivers, Geno will be on the bench again and will not have had a fair evaluation.

Wait... the assumption here being Rivers would start over Geno?

In that case, hells no!

Sorry I thought this was to bring in Rivers as Geno's backup.  My bad.

You don't lose your hands when you jump to the NFL.  Amaro has great hands.

Trouble adjusting his rookie year, not a top blocker (known coming out of college), and injuries... make those arguments if ya like.  But to say he has "terrible hands" kills the argument immediately.

My comment was based on how he has performed in the NFL.

How many easy dropsies has he had?

You have your opinion, I have mine. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Isn't that what message boards are all about?

11 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

the rep thing is dumb max just toss it

No way!  Another popular forum has 7 different rep options.  We need to expand it to like 10 options.

May be time for a poll on rep expansion.

Hypothetically, if the chargers for whatever reason decided they would do this, 

I would pack Wilks bags for him. I wouldn't even have to think about it. I can't believe some people are actually saying no to this. 

3 hours ago, Jets1Fan said:

Trade Mo and a 2nd Round Draft Pick for Phillip Rivers.

I feel like if we had a franchise QB with this team, we could make a very deep run, possibly towards a SB. Have I been drinking too much?? lol

Since we are not going to sign Mo long term anyway , why not ???

13 minutes ago, jett said:

Hypothetically, if the chargers for whatever reason decided they would do this, 

I would pack Wilks bags for him. I wouldn't even have to think about it. I can't believe some people are actually saying no to this. 

Thank you.  I would drive Mo to the airport after you are done packing his bags.

I feel like if we had a franchise QB with this team, we could make a very deep run, possibly towards a SB. Have I been drinking too much?? lol

Yes I'd do it. Mostly because of his contract which would be 4 years at around 10.5 mil per year. Mo is gone next year anyway. 

no

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

My comment was based on how he has performed in the NFL.

How many easy dropsies has he had?

You have your opinion, I have mine. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Isn't that what message boards are all about?

he had a 71% catch rate. I think we could live with that. 

Is it more important to get open all the time and be in position to catch a ball but drop a few or is it better to catch all the balls thrown to you but never be open like Cumberland? 

5 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Yes I'd do it. Mostly because of his contract which would be 4 years at around 10.5 mil per year. Mo is gone next year anyway. 

Wait, Rivers would cost 10.5 and some say no.  Yet believe Fitz is worth over 8?  Some even believe over 12.

This QB issue is cause epic proportions of stupidity.

I drink a lot. You need ******* rehab. 

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Rivers never made his ultra talented Charger teams contenders. 

he hasn't done it w/ less than what we currently have, those Charger teams his first 5-7 years were SB teams that never made it b/c of the QB.  I am not a Rivers fan.

I can see that you're not a Rivers fan, which is why trying to explain the obvious would be a bit futile. All you'll say is "but....". Phillip Rivers is a top 15 quarterback and has been in MVP talks atleast twice the past 5 seasons. Im not a fan of Tom Brady, it doesnt change the fact that he's Tom Brady. 

Archived