Cut Geno

johnnyjet

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I meant his rookie year.   We know we're talking about the 8-8 year, no one changed anything. 

You believe whatever you want.  My bizarro take?  I said he wasn't good, you Fitzsh*ts are so dense you can't even see when someone agrees with you. Doesn't mean the team was talented.  It wasn't, try and find someone in anyone bizarro world who believe that team had talent.  

detroit said that team was "trash" and  I responded that it was far from that. It was at that point that you hopped into that discussion.  8-8 plus 2 or 3 more makes you a wildcard team at least and, now that that pretty much gets us to  "good" in addition to being way beyond "trash".

I honestly don't even think that you or detroit or any of the others that downplay the talent on the 2013 team really even believe your own postsing on that.  I just think it is a convenient argument to make, as with so many others, if the real point of the exercise is to somehow make Geno's 2013 seem less bad than it really was.

10 hours ago, EM31 said:

detroit said that team was "trash" and  I responded that it was far from that. It was at that point that you hopped into that discussion.  8-8 plus 2 or 3 more makes you a wildcard team at least and, now that that pretty much gets us to  "good" in addition to being way beyond "trash".

I honestly don't even think that you or detroit or any of the others that downplay the talent on the 2013 team really even believe your own postsing on that.  I just think it is a convenient argument to make, as with so many others, if the real point of the exercise is to somehow make Geno's 2013 seem less bad than it really was.

Ah, and there's the rub.  You make this about the QB.  That's what I said.  You don't want to admit that the team sucked because you don't want people,telling you that Geno took a shltty team to 8-8. 

As i said.  Fine.  

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Ah, and there's the rub.  You make this about the QB.  That's what I said.  You don't want to admit that the team sucked because you don't want people,telling you that Geno took a shltty team to 8-8

As i said.  Fine.  

Wow, the Fitz hating/Geno loving crowd has really reached embarrassing levels at this point..... Sad...

1 hour ago, BowlesMovement said:

Wow, the Fitz hating/Geno loving crowd has really reached embarrassing levels at this point..... Sad...

One in particular outdid himself last night...started posting Patriots highlights against Fitz from last season.  Yes..on a Jets site, a Jets "fan" posted Pats highlights against the Jets in order to bash the Jets starting QB. 

21 hours ago, EM31 said:

This particular question was about whether or not the Jets team would have been better than 8-8 with a different and better QB performance.  Please stop trying to change the discussion of that question into a "why are you living in the past?".  This is the question at hand.  Nice deflection attempt.

The reason we are having that discussion at all is because Geno supporters like to make two claims both of which are at variance with the facts and rational probability. Firstly that the 2013 team was sh1t (and therefore by implication that Geno was asked to carry a heavy load) AND that Geno was good enough to have an 8-8 season his rookie year (presumably giving Geno credit for carrying that heavy load across the finish line to an 8-8 record).

Both arguments are clearly incorrect.

37th

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/quarterback-rating-by-total-and-components/2013/

33rd

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000304038/article/quarterback-index-yearend-rankings

All I said and all I have said it that the 2013 team was not even close to being as bad as Geno supporters like to claim and that the 8-8 record despite league-worst QB play should pretty much be end-of-discussion on that topic.  It is like starting 100 meter race ten meters behind everyone else, finishing in mid-pack and then saying that an equal start would not have affected the result in any way.

Are you trying to make the case that a difference in quality of play at the most important position on the team from bottom of the NFL QB-play up to say middle of the pack QB-play would not result in any change the W-L record of the team?  Is that what you are saying here?  Given the intellectual pretzels that have been twisted by Geno supporters it would not come as a surprise.

If citing the record is being a "one-sided talker" then by all means stick to the folks on the one side of this discussion who are comfortable making stuff up, like say for example that the 2013 team was trash and had no talent.

Geno was brutally bad and that impacted the team.  Almost certainly it impacted that team significantly.

So, when Geno Smith was ranked 37th, do you know who was #1? Nick Foles. You know who's 3rd on that list? Josh McCown. Ah, yeah, let me say that again....JOSH MCCOWN!  Outside of the ridiculousness of Foles being the best QB and McCown being the 3rd best, where's Nick Foles and Josh McCown today? 

This ^^^^ is why reaching back for rookie stats (especially these type of Frankenstein stats) and making it seem like "being the league worst" as a rookie means you can never progress as a 4th year player is just stupid, especially when the guy who was #1 on that same list is a bench warmer today and the guy who's 3rd on that list will most likely be replaced by RG3 in Cleveland. Furthermore, saying that Geno was the worst QB in the league by using stats that at the same time would even suggest that Josh McCown was the 3rd best QB in the league is a set of stats you should have immediately ignored. BUT, since it meets your narrative of Geno being the worst QB in the league then its okay for Josh McCown to be the 3rd best QB in the league as well. lol. You're ridiculous. 

I dont even have to look at the rest. 

4 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

Read what I said.  

i said that's what he doesn't want to hear or read.  

On July 9, 2016 at 10:36 AM, Villain The Foe said:

A rookie QB coming in and being arguably the worst QB in the league during his rookie season? Okay. 

Do you have actual stats (not articles of peoples opinion) that support Geno being the worst QB during his rookie season? 

Also, what does Geno's alleged rookie status have to do with today? Why do you live in the Geno past but not the Fitzpatrick past? You're nothing but a one-sided talker, and I'd rather be a pea brain to a one-sided talker than a one-sided talker. 

Also, I noticed this thread is on the 1st page....a thread that you constantly right in as well. lol. 

Right off the top of my head Vinny was worse. On every level. 

In year one and year two. 

John Elway was worse.  

On July 8, 2016 at 2:15 PM, Jet Nut said:

You're kidding right?  

I love the way you think this through.  We were 8-8 and you hate Geno, therefore the team was good. No one agrees with you but who cares.  You're always right and no one can think differently, they're just ridiculous.  

Ive got ridiculous views?  Only you and Stevie Wonder believe this line of shlt.  Only difference is Stevie doesn't constantly use mindless logic to discredit Geno as a way of pumping up Fitz.  Go back to your ridiculous statements like Geno was the all time worst QB or any of thing you can come up with to keep him from getting a chance.  

2014, was more than a decent squad.  Don't call anyone ridiculous.  

Actually he was the worse starting QB in 2013 AND 2014.

7 hours ago, AFJF said:

One in particular outdid himself last night...started posting Patriots highlights against Fitz from last season.  Yes..on a Jets site, a Jets "fan" posted Pats highlights against the Jets in order to bash the Jets starting QB. 

That was actually to show you proof of Fitzpatricks flaws yet you still cant see the truth. 

I posted the Buffalo game lowlights of the wobbly weak pass thrown to Thomkins as well. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

That was actually to show you proof of Fitzpatricks flaws yet you still cant see the truth. 

I posted the Buffalo game lowlights of the wobbly weak pass thrown to Thomkins as well. 

Yeah, Fitzpatrick has that flaw that prevents him from following through on a throw when a D-lineman or linebacker hammers down on his throwing arm.  Groundbreaking stuff right there.

Keep it up Tx.

8 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Yeah, Fitzpatrick has that flaw that prevents him from following through on a throw when a D-lineman or linebacker hammers down on his throwing arm.  Groundbreaking stuff right there.

Keep it up Tx.

Dont forget the 3 INTS in the last 3 possessions of the 2015 season in a winnable game, 

22 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Dont forget the 3 INTS in the last 3 possessions of the 2015 season in a winnable game, 

Hey, at least you don't have to worry about any of that with Brady to root for.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Hey, at least you don't have to worry about any of that with Brady to root for.

Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL possibly the best to ever play the game as an avid sports fan who appreciates great athletes its just not my team he plays for I'm a Jets fan who doesn't pacify the truth or make excuses for failure, you should try it sometime. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL possibly the best to ever play the game as an avid sports fan who appreciates great athletes its just not my team he plays for I'm a Jets fan who doesn't pacify the truth or make excuses for failure, you should try it sometime. 

Sure thing, Tx.

36 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Dude, dont you ever say this sh*t again on this forum! 

**** Tom Brady! 

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Id rather his wife

55fdab8bee536.jpg

Man, he didnt even marry the hottest Brazilian model, that would be Adriana Lima. Besides, the typical supermodels are too damn skinny for my taste. If I deal with a model she has to be plus-size, aka normal size. 

Ms. Ashley Graham would work for sure. 

additionelle_734001_1_1.jpg

Ashley-Graham-in-Black-Dress--07-662x995

Untitsddsleddddxddd.jpg

14 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Man, he didnt even marry the hottest Brazilian model, that would be Adriana Lima. Besides, the typical supermodels are too damn skinny for my taste. If I deal with a model she has to be plus-size, aka normal size. 

Untitsddsleddddxddd.jpg

Eh, that's pushing it.  Borderline getting stuck in airline coach seats.  

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Thats a solid measurement for a quality size behind! lol. Though I do understand that not everything is for everybody. More for me I'd suppose! lol

So not only are you a fathead, you're into fat chicks too.  Makes sense now. ?

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Untitsddsleddddxddd.jpg

OMG, Villan, WTF?? I am losing all respect for you brother!

Archived