Cut Geno

johnnyjet

Just now, SoFlaJets said:

You know that both Decker and Marshall are spittin' bricks knowing that their personal production is going into the toilet with that idiot at QB. You know what it will be like Crush, is another one of those years when the team get decimated by mysterious injury after injury, like what happened during the last Herm Edwards like head coach we had-which is right now, pretty much where I rate this guy. It's too bad that we Jets fans have to be stuck with a petrie dish owner who has to have the league help him get coaches and GMs because he garners ZERO respect from the football community.

Decker and Marshall are 2 good quality WRs who made Fitzpatrick add in Geno's arm strength this season they may have better years.......

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SoFlaJets said:

You know that both Decker and Marshall are spittin' bricks knowing that their personal production is going into the toilet with that idiot at QB. You know what it will be like Crush, is another one of those years when the team get decimated by mysterious injury after injury, like what happened during the last Herm Edwards like head coach we had-which is right now, pretty much where I rate this guy. It's too bad that we Jets fans have to be stuck with a petrie dish owner who has to have the league help him get coaches and GMs because he garners ZERO respect from the football community.

Their personal production is going down anyway, even if Fitz returns (which he will).

42 minutes ago, bergenjets said:

Let's cut the most experienced QB (with a team friendly salary) on the roster and leave us with two guys that have never taken a snap in a real game. That's the road to greatness.

Petty has taken many snaps in "real NFL games" on Madden. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Decker and Marshall are 2 good quality WRs who made Fitzpatrick add in Geno's arm strength this season they may have better years.......

arm strength means Zero when you have a wind up throwing motion & very little cognitive ability. 

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Their personal production is going down anyway, even if Fitz returns (which he will).

That could actually mean something good is happening; like say Jace Amaro turns into an real NFL hybrid/TE and snares say 50 balls and the other kid Devon Smith does about the same and Matt Forte who has almost 500 receptions and two seasons ago caught 104 balls gets his average of 65 catches and Bilal Powell if you spread his 2015 receptions over 16 games instead of 11 also is a 65 catches a year RB-not to mention one of my new favorite Jets Quincy Enunwa who is built a lot like another Jet WR who switched over to TE; Richard Caster, who played at the same weight as Enuwa but was 3 inches taller. His numbers could improve if he is given a set position

25 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

That could actually mean something good is happening; like say Jace Amaro turns into an real NFL hybrid/TE and snares say 50 balls and the other kid Devon Smith does about the same and Matt Forte who has almost 500 receptions and two seasons ago caught 104 balls gets his average of 65 catches and Bilal Powell if you spread his 2015 receptions over 16 games instead of 11 also is a 65 catches a year RB-not to mention one of my new favorite Jets Quincy Enunwa who is built a lot like another Jet WR who switched over to TE; Richard Caster, who played at the same weight as Enuwa but was 3 inches taller. His numbers could improve if he is given a set position

I mean even absent that. Equal team to last year would have worse numbers this year. He's simply not going to face the same weak opponents. D.Smith will never do anything with Fitz. Forte wouldn't be stealing passes from them; on the contrary, he would be helping to extend drives that could/should lead to more opportunities on offense. You can't spread one person's production over 16 games the next year while changing others on offense and completely 180-ing the schedule from league's easiest one to a brutal one. None of that has anything to do with Geno Smith. 

16 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Petrie dish owner?  Obviously swabbed with a Q-Tip.   I think to a point you are right but I also think both Brandon and Eric just like Fitz more.  The three aging Amigo's trying to ride into the sunset together.  Sorta like that movie "wild hogs". I do think Geno is generally unlikeable but not sure how it's Macs fault.  I actually applaud Woody for having the league to help him get coaches.  He was obviously terrible at it.  Gonna give the regime another year after this before I make my opinion, but I 100% understand years, because as a Jet fan it's easy to see were it comes from. 

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I mean even absent that. Equal team to last year would have worse numbers this year. He's simply not going to face the same weak opponents. Smith will never do anything with Fitz. Forte wouldn't be stealing passes from them; on the contrary, he would be helping to extend drives that could/should lead to more opportunities on offense. You can't spread one person's production over 16 games the next year while changing others on offense and completely 180-ing the schedule from league's easiest one to a brutal one. None of that has anything to do with Geno Smith. 

Geno Smith is my 2016 New York Jets nightmare scenario I will be trying really hard to find myself a gig to be working on Sunday afternoons

50 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

yea but Tinstar it's been what 17-18 years that we've been together on these Jets message boards, from The Rivals to The Greenhouse, to Insiders and JN and all it ever IS is two steps up 3 steps back-when do we get to watch the Jets take 5 steps forward again? I mean we're coming up on a half a century of the SOS

I remember the Greenhouse.... who would have thought back then that we would STILL be waiting to get back the Super bowl.

15 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Geno Smith is my 2016 New York Jets nightmare scenario I will be trying really hard to find myself a gig to be working on Sunday afternoons

lol

So you draw the line at 36 years of wasted Sundays? 37 is just too many to ask of any man. Cruel, in fact; worthy of a serious class action lawsuit.

My advice to you, my friend, is to at least find gigs against the ridiculous defenses we play against, no matter who is QB. There might be an unexpected decent outing in there once, no matter which one is starting, but mostly you won't feel like rubbing yourself all over with Awesome Sunday Cream.

Come on SoFloJets, Fitz is a Harvard man, so he can't be an idiot.

18 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

lol

So you draw the line at 36 years of wasted Sundays? 37 is just too many to ask of any man. Cruel, in fact, worthy of a serious class action lawsuit.

My advice to you, my friend, is to at least find gigs against the ridiculous defenses we play against, no matter who is QB. There might be an unexpected decent outing in there once, no matter which one is starting, but mostly you won't feel like rubbing yourself all over with Awesome Sunday Cream.

I dunno if it's fair to to lump in all 36 years together. Pre-Woody sucked but there's just been a pathetic culture change since he took over this franchise. It's a gutless pattern of hanging onto one sh*tty quarterback after another for way too long. The fact that we're on the precipice of handing Geno Smith the job for a fourth year is a kind **** to the umpteenth degree. Especially after what happened last year and given the experience they had with handing the last yokel the job one year after another.

15 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

lol

So you draw the line at 36 years of wasted Sundays? 37 is just too many to ask of any man. Cruel, in fact; worthy of a serious class action lawsuit.

I'll tell you SE, the older you get, the less important these silly games being played by kids seem to mean to you, That's why we don't see a lot of the old timers on here anymore. Senior, Craig, Southern Jet, Bob, NJ, BP. Like for me, I will never again ever fly up to Jersey for a game nor will I even ever again drive to that stinkhole in the dumps to watch the Jets and Fins. Hell, I even turned down free tickets for me and my gal to Springsteen's last show doing the River down in Lauderdale, tickets bought for me as a tip from a couple of 'fans' of mine.  

4 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Cut Geno? Bowles said on Wednesday night that Geno was performing much better in practice than the young and inexperienced QBs currently on the roster.  You don't just give roster spots and starting jobs, you earn them! Cutting Geno is ridiculous at this point.

Yes it is. I don't want to see him as the starter, but he gives the team a pretty decent backup. Much better and more experienced than Petty and Hack. I read they are struggling with footwork and accuracy, even against air. Cutting Geno is simply dumb.

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I dunno if it's fair to to lump in all 36 years together. Pre-Woody sucked but there's just been a pathetic culture change since he took over this franchise. It's a gutless pattern of hanging onto one sh*tty quarterback after another for way too long. The fact that we're on the precipice of handing Geno Smith the job for a fourth year is a kind **** to the umpteenth degree. Especially after what happened last year and given the experience they had with handing the last yokel the job one year after another.

I wasn't counting how many years. I was just guessing that 36 of them were bad.

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I guess in FitzNation anyway we can.

Is it that you feel your positions have not been well enough aired or that there are still people out there who can be persuaded?

Yeah, let's judge this young kid based on how he did throwing to Clyde Gates and David Nelson.

I am deeply saddened by the Fitz situation, but the more it drags on, the more I see the fairness of his deal. It's generous (enough) in his first year, and retains him as a well-paid backup. He's 34!!! He's a journeyman who broke our hearts last year.

"Cut Geno" makes no sense right now. He's the one leading camp. He's young, athletic, has a better arm, and has a year under Gailey and Fitz and now way more weapons than he's ever had in green and white.

Classic Jets move would be to cave, overpay Fitz, and have him sh*t the bed in crunch time once again.

Also? We have an absolutely, positively unwindable schedule this year. The season is over before it begins, I hate to say. Look at that schedule! Beyond brutal. 

We should be thinking 2017 and beyond.

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I remember the Greenhouse.... who would have thought back then that we would STILL be waiting to get back the Super bowl.

what was your screename back then JetBlue? Jet Blue? You'll NEVER guess what mine was...

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

Is it that you feel your positions have not been well enough aired or that there are still people out there who can be persuaded?

Not trying to persuade anyone everyone has a difference opinions thats what makes this place so great. 

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Geno went 8-8 with much worse roster than Fitzpatrick had in 2015 he also played a much tougher schedule his primary WRs were Gates and Nelson and his OC MM 

Enough said if you dont get it you never will. 

And had the worst QB rating in the league going 8-8. Shows you he had zippo in those '8' wins.

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I agree . There is no reason for Geno to be on this team right now. But he is. And given the situation the Jets have cornered themselves into, they're now stuck with him.

An off season re-do:

1) Play hard ball with Fitz and his demands

2) Actually sign one (or two!) of the dozen of QBs the Jets had come in for a visit

3) Cut Geno.

Move on from Fitz. Move on from Geno. Develop a draft pick.  It doesn't give us better QB play in 2016, but it definitely saves us this off season BS (and potential cluster**** of a mistake if they raise their offer to Fitz by even a penny), and frees us of a guy who the Jets locker room and front office don't seem at all interested in getting behind. 

Heres what I dont get, what the eff did you Geno supportes see in him when he played.  he is horrible.  I mean did you watch the oakland game when he came in for Fitz.  he is just a stupid QB. He has no field sense.  He just doesnt get it.  running down the sideline the moron gets blasted out of bounds instead of stepping out.  his arm strength is all he has.  HE IS NOT A STARTING NFL QB.  With the brutal schedule the Jets will be lucky to win 4 games if hes the starter  Hes not a leader, hes not a field general, he has no command of the offense and most importantly he does not have the support or respect of his teamates.  keep rooting for this loser, he will never be a sucess in the NFL. I rather watch Petty, or Hack.

16 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Heres what I dont get, what the eff did you Geno supportes see in him when he played.  he is horrible.  I mean did you watch the oakland game when he came in for Fitz.  he is just a stupid QB. He has no field sense.  He just doesnt get it.  running down the sideline the moron gets blasted out of bounds instead of stepping out.  his arm strength is all he has.  HE IS NOT A STARTING NFL QB.  With the brutal schedule the Jets will be lucky to win 4 games if hes the starter  Hes not a leader, hes not a field general, he has no command of the offense and most importantly he does not have the support or respect of his teamates.  keep rooting for this loser, he will never be a sucess in the NFL. I rather watch Petty, or Hack.

NEITHER IS RYAN FITZPATRICK 32 NFL TEAMS JUST SAID NO!!!!!

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

3000 passing yards with the 3 stooges at WR positions

Where did Fitzpatrick get us with his Jets passing records

3000 yards in today's NFL is mediocre- worst QB rating go Geno go

15 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Cut Geno? Bowles said on Wednesday night that Geno was performing much better in practice than the young and inexperienced QBs currently on the roster.  You don't just give roster spots and starting jobs, you earn them! Cutting Geno is ridiculous at this point.

Exactly.  Geno isn't making a lot of money cutting him serves no purpose.

If Fitz is back it looks like Geno will beat out everyone else for the backup spot at least. So cutting him just isn't going to happen.

Archived