Cut Geno

johnnyjet

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Who would have won that job last year we don't know. Fitz was coming off of a broken leg he injured in Dec. You're saying it was definitely Geno, how do you know.  When Geno returned and then Fitz was injured Geno was not named the starting Qb by Bowles. Coaches decision. I'm not a Fitz lover I like the guy. Because he's a tough cat, plays hard, is smart and ran the offense well, gets along with teammates, etc.. It was our best run offense in years. He's not a franchise Qb or your prototypical starting Qb with the big time arm etc. But he gets the job done and is a improved player. 

Nice answer, Fitz was losing but who knows.  Stop with e broken leg, he was signed to be the backup.  Was told he was the backup.  His OC called him the backup.  That Geno wasn't put in after no camp, no preseason and the Jets were playing OK is meaningless as to who was penciled in as the starter.  

You are a complete and utter Fitz lover, You can't imagine a scenario where he isn't the starting QB here in 2016 at top dollar. 

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Nice answer, Fitz was losing but who knows.  Stop with e broken leg, he was signed to be the backup.  Was told he was the backup.  His OC called him the backup.  That Geno wasn't put in after no camp, no preseason and the Jets were playing OK is meaningless as to who was penciled in as the starter.  

You are a complete and utter Fitz lover, You can't imagine a scenario where he isn't the starting QB here in 2016 at top dollar. 

You're building a football fantasy about Geno winning the job in 2015. And then he makes the Pro Bowl etc. And we win the SB with Geno Smith. Of course no bad dreams allowed in this fantasy league like the 2013 and 2014 seasons. Only good things. 

27 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You're building a football fantasy about Geno winning the job in 2015. And then he makes the Pro Bowl etc. And we win the SB with Geno Smith. Of course no bad dreams allowed in this fantasy league like the 2013 and 2014 seasons. Only good things. 

It will actually be in geno's best interest to let fitz start the brutal 1st half of season. If fitz can do decent good for him he earned to stay in rest of the way. If he tanks, if we lose a bunch of those games Bowles won't hesitate to see what geno has. Especially if fitz is on a one yr deal. If geno does decent they may decide to bring geno back next in 17 for a competition With hackenberg. It would be ironic if geno is in the same position with the jets next season as fitz is now.. 

6 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Again I'll ask, what has Geno shown? 

With what he had to work with ( poor offense and bad OC) in first two years he didn't show much. Other than he can throw a deep ball that fitz never could even with a nurf ball.. Only idiots would give up on a qb after his 1st 2 years. What has fitz shown without galley ? Without best WR duo in the league ? Nothing over 10 years.. Denver did not have great qb play last yr. but it didn't matter who was in there, the strong supporting cast Carried them. Much like Marshall /decker and galley worked around fitz' obvious physical limitations.. 

32 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Good passes except for one thing. The receiver had to jump up to make the reception. On some the balls were low.  I thought that was a no-no. It has to be right to the receiver on the numbers or it's considered a bail out. Those were "almost incompletions." Nice try but no cigar. :D

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Good passes except for one thing. The receiver had to jump up to make the reception. On some the balls were low.  I thought that was a no-no. It has to be right to the receiver on the numbers or it's considered a bail out. Those were "almost incompletions." Nice try but no cigar. :D

22 and 23 year old QB.  give him a little slack,  bro.

31 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Good passes except for one thing. The receiver had to jump up to make the reception. On some the balls were low.  I thought that was a no-no. It has to be right to the reciever on the numbers or it's considered a bail out. Those were "almost incompletions." Nice try but no cigar. :D

So I think it's safe to assume Brandon Marshall broke the NFL record with most bailouts in one season last yr ?

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

What has Fitzpatrick shown he's been in the NFL 11 years 6 different teams he has never made the playoffs and he choked when we needed him the most. Enough said 

yet you have said it 4,000 times already

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm building a fantasy?  Lol, that's perfect coming from you.  Remind me again how you're going to teach me about collusion to cut salaries.  In football, lol.  Fantasy. 

Somehow you're the one who takes a fact, Geno was the starter when he was injured, and claim I said he makes the bro bowl.  We win a SB.  And you had to remind us he didn't play well before.  But you're not here to defend Fitz.  You don't love him.  

Once again, it gets annoying, this all started because I said I'd like to see him given a chance head to head with Fitz and your panties are now twisted.  

You should look in the mirror.  

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm building a fantasy?  Lol, that's perfect coming from you.  Remind me again how you're going to teach me about collusion to cut salaries.  In football, lol.  Fantasy. 

Somehow you're the one who takes a fact, Geno was the starter when he was injured, and claim I said he makes the bro bowl.  We win a SB.  And you had to remind us he didn't play well before.  But you're not here to defend Fitz.  You don't love him.  

Once again, it gets annoying, this all started because I said I'd like to see him given a chance head to head with Fitz and your panties are now twisted.  

You should look in the mirror.  

He wasn't the starter even before he got punched in the jaw. More fantasy football. Hey, he's next man up and if he ends up playing I'm rooting for him 100% just the way I did whenever he's played. And I'm not afraid of the big bad schedule with or without Fitz. We can win all of those games. 

30 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He wasn't the starter even before he got punched in the jaw. More fantasy football. Hey, he's next man up and if he ends up playing I'm rooting for him 100% just the way I did whenever he's played. And I'm not afraid of the big bad schedule with or without Fitz. We can win all of those games. 

Who was then Mickey Mouse ? Lol.. 

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

He was the starter, sorry

14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Deckers never looked as good as he did in the season ended vs the Dolphins.  As did others.  Guess that didnt couldn't.  Only Fitz has those amazing powers. <_<

Lol, yeah people tend to forget. Geno looked like Montana in that game and no, Decker didn't turn his off-target throws into completions. He was being double covered most of the game with Harvin out. Geno made some big time throws  

Decker was double covered almost the entire 2014 as the Jets had no other WRs to speak of all the way towards the last month of the year when Harvin started picking up the offense. In 2015, Decker was always the #2, not just for the last month. But somehow that's supposed to go against Geno. Only the SOJFs. They see some light flashing on them and they think it's the light at the end of the tunnel when in fact it's some guy called Fitz that's just checking in to see if his paycheck is ready or not. 

13 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Fitz won the job last year and is the preferred Qb for 2016 by the coaching staff. In 2015 there was going to be a Qb competition and Geno as incumbent starter but not a successful one probably had a heads up but not by very much to get the job. But Fitz was recovering from an injury he had with the Texans and then Geno got socked in the jaw. So the competition never really materialized. With most teams there aren't Qb competitions or controversies. They commit to a Qb early. You might not agree but most fans think Fitz won the job, played well and should be the incumbent starter. He should get paid like one, too. 

Lololololollllllllloooooooollloool

12 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

When Fitznutz bring up 2013-2014 n compare it to 2015, I get a good giggle out of it. I mean it's just that dumb cuz Geno clearly played like the worst starter n yet Fitz couldn't beat him. Oh yeah the amputated leg. How did he manage to shed off those defenders in 7 on 7s? Yet, he started every preseason game less than a wk after Geno got hurt. 

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

Lol, yeah people tend to forget. Geno looked like Montana in that game and no, Decker didn't turn his off-target throws into completions. He was being double covered most of the game with Harvin out. Geno made some big time throws  

Decker was double covered almost the entire 2014 as the Jets had no other WRs to speak of all the way towards the last month of the year when Harvin started picking up the offense. In 2015, Decker was always the #2, not just for the last month. But somehow that's supposed to go against Geno. Only the SOJFs. They see some light flashing on them and they think it's the light at the end of the tunnel when in fact it's some guy called Fitz that's just checking in to see if his paycheck is ready or not. 

Exactly.  Geno had huge struggles in between his games like the dolphin game, we all know that, but to say he never, ever had a game where he made his WRs is stupid.  

There's a certain joy some get in killing their own players.  To the point of refusing to acknowledge the truth

Every year we hear how good Geno is in camp, I have hopes for Petty but if they are going to cut someone based on performance this year it will probably be Petty. I am not a fan of Smith at all and think these young guys need time, but if we do sign Fitz I think Geno would be a more capable backup than Petty at this point. Now will that change come pre-season and into this year? Maybe I hope Petty picks it up because to me Geno just dosent have it mentally. 

The only year I remember hearing that geno had looked good in practice was last year...he may have gotten a bit rusty by the time we actually saw him play due to him nursing the broken jaw. I would give him another chance it beats overpaying a qb who no one else wants on their roster

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Nope, didnt come close to saying that.

You have a real hard comprehending what is pretty simple and clear.

You missed the entire post and then took out a complaint that calling Geno the distraction when Fitz has been a major distraction a lame excuse.  You roll that around and call it a brick wall.  Whatever makes you feel good.  Pretty much cant dispute a single thing I responded with.  Go back to your Geno sucks talk. Its deep

A contract dispute requires at least two parties, depending on how many potential parties there are.  so you err in asserting it is all on Fitzpatrick.  In any event it is not Fitz's play that is in dispute when it comes to the current situation.  Now that I think about it, when it comes to people who know football, Smith's play is not in dispute, either - he sucks.

That about covers it.

44 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

A contract dispute requires at least two parties, depending on how many potential parties there are.  so you err in asserting it is all on Fitzpatrick.  In any event it is not Fitz's play that is in dispute when it comes to the current situation.  Now that I think about it, when it comes to people who know football, Smith's play is not in dispute, either - he sucks.

That about covers it.

Two parties aren't needed for a dispute.  One makes a reasonable offer and the other wants drastically more that's on the party who's asking for the sky.  Jets offer of 12 mil is more than I think Fitz is worth but so be it.  Can't see where the Jets need to drastically change their offer.  Fitz is overrating his worth

On June 5, 2016 at 9:04 AM, FTL Jet Fan said:

Every year we hear how good Geno is in camp, I have hopes for Petty but if they are going to cut someone based on performance this year it will probably be Petty. I am not a fan of Smith at all and think these young guys need time, but if we do sign Fitz I think Geno would be a more capable backup than Petty at this point. Now will that change come pre-season and into this year? Maybe I hope Petty picks it up because to me Geno just dosent have it mentally. 

They said that once, last year and IK ended that. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Two parties aren't needed for a dispute.  One makes a reasonable offer and the other wants drastically more that's on the party who's asking for the sky.  Jets offer of 12 mil is more than I think Fitz is worth but so be it.  Can't see where the Jets need to drastically change their offer.  Fitz is overrating his worth

You have very limited self knowledge, or perhaps you do not think much before you hit the submit button.  It is not a given that the FO's offer is "reasonable", in large part because we do not know exactly what is the hold up in the negotiations.  I for one am not willing to assume it is ALL on Fitzpatrick, none on the Jets.  I am not surprised you being in the tank for Smith that you are all too ready to assume it is all on Fitz. 

In any event you miss the point that the controversy here is mostly about what is needed to reach an agreement, not whether the FO and CS prefer to play Fitz over your loser hero.  There is no dispute about that.  Sorry.

1 hour ago, Big Blocker said:

You have very limited self knowledge, or perhaps you do not think much before you hit the submit button.  It is not a given that the FO's offer is "reasonable", in large part because we do not know exactly what is the hold up in the negotiations.  I for one am not willing to assume it is ALL on Fitzpatrick, none on the Jets.  I am not surprised you being in the tank for Smith that you are all too ready to assume it is all on Fitz. 

In any event you miss the point that the controversy here is mostly about what is needed to reach an agreement, not whether the FO and CS prefer to play Fitz over your loser hero.  There is no dispute about that.  Sorry.

Do me a favor, don't tell me or anyone else that they have limited self knowledge or didn't think when they say they believe something is reasonable.  Only a total idiot thinks someone's opinion, which the use of reasonable implies can ever be wrong.  Sorry your panties are twisted because I don't agree that 12 mil isn't reasonable for a journeyman, middle of the pack 33 year old QB who's never reached the postseason. 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Do me a favor, don't tell me or anyone else that they have limited self knowledge or didn't think when they say they believe something is reasonable.  Only a total idiot thinks someone's opinion, which the use of reasonable implies can ever be wrong.  Sorry your panties are twisted because I don't agree that 12 mil isn't reasonable for a journeyman, middle of the pack 33 year old QB who's never reached the postseason. 

LOL you take this very personally.  But you are right, you have your opinion. Too bad you think it is the same as a fact.  You did not say "IN MY OPINION" the Jets have made a reasonable offer, the basis upon which you allege that all here are "distracted" about Fitz's situation entirely due to his fault in not accepting that offer. 

Having read your posts and seen how inadequate your responses are, it is clear you have nothing to add here other than rehashing the same tired and ill conceived pro Smith agenda.  That being the case, have a nice day.

2 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

LOL you take this very personally.  But you are right, you have your opinion. Too bad you think it is the same as a fact.  You did not say "IN MY OPINION"  

Smith's play is not in dispute, either - he sucks.

Practice what you teach son. You didn't say " in my opinion " in "your opinion" of smith. Sorry if you are not a kid, but you sure act like one..

19 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

LOL you take this very personally.  But you are right, you have your opinion. Too bad you think it is the same as a fact.  You did not say "IN MY OPINION" the Jets have made a reasonable offer, the basis upon which you allege that all here are "distracted" about Fitz's situation entirely due to his fault in not accepting that offer. 

Having read your posts and seen how inadequate your responses are, it is clear you have nothing to add here other than rehashing the same tired and ill conceived pro Smith agenda.  That being the case, have a nice day.

No, saying you believe something is reasonable is an opinion.  I never said its a fact.  You think it's wrong, fine.  Leave it at that. 

Why is it that if I bring nothing to the table you one keep responding and two you can't dispute anything other than a number I find reasonable.  A real annoying trait.  Because one more time for another who's comprehension needs work, all I've ever said is I'd like to see Geno with this team and CS get a shot, a head to for the job.  You find that a pro Geno agenda, then you're totally clueless.  Especially when you revert to your same old Geno sucks line.  Your anti Geno/pro Fitz agenda.  Move on already, you sound like a child

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Practice what you teach son. You didn't say " in my opinion " in "your opinion" of smith. Sorry if you are not a kid, but you sure act like one..

Objectively speaking, Smith's stats ranked near the bottom two years running.  Those are facts.

And I couldn't care less how I sound to a Smith Fan, as long as you don't agree with what I say.  Because I do not want to agree with Smith Fans.  Then I would sound like I really don't know what I am talking about.

In any event, you don't have to be any particular age to come to the conclusion that Smith sucks.  Just have to know the game and arrive at a logical deduction. By contrast Smith Fans rely on hope and rose colored glasses. 

14 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Objectively speaking, Smith's stats ranked near the bottom two years running.  Those are facts.

And I couldn't care less how I sound to a Smith Fan, as long as you don't agree with what I say.  Because I do not want to agree with Smith Fans.  Then I would sound like I really don't know what I am talking about.

In any event, you don't have to be any particular age to come to the conclusion that Smith sucks.  Just have to know the game and arrive at a logical deduction. By contrast Smith Fans rely on hope and rose colored glasses. 

there is nothing objective about your misinformed opinion.  

Archived