Cut Geno

johnnyjet

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

there is nothing objective about your misinformed opinion.  

Why is it misinformed?

Its is true that Geno sucked in 2013 and 2014.  That's can not be argued.

What all Geno fans argue is why he sucked  They have a ton of excuses but no facts.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Joe Jets fan said:

Why is it misinformed?

What all Geno fans argue is why he sucked  They have a ton of excuses but no facts.

he is just going by stats from one full season when a)he wasn't ready to play and was forced to play and b)we had very little talent around him.  The fact is he may suck for his entire career but to base it off what we have seen so far and declare he has no chance is just silly.  I would love to read what he thought about a young Ryan Fitzpatrick or the million other QBs that struggled early only to turn it around.  Again, Geno may always suck but I think it's silly to give up on any player in the brief amount of time he has actually played.

9 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Why is it misinformed?

So it's not a fact that he was a green rookie in 2013?

its also not a fact that he was a 2nd year player in 2014?

its not a fact that he had no talent around him both seasons?

that the CS was made up of morons?  

Its not a fact that 99.9% of all QBs struggle their first few seasons?

These aren't facts?  

16 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he is just going by stats from one full season when a)he wasn't ready to play and was forced to play and b)we had very little talent around him.  The fact is he may suck for his entire career but to base it off what we have seen so far and declare he has no chance is just silly.  I would love to read what he thought about a young Ryan Fitzpatrick or the million other QBs that struggled early only to turn it around.  Again, Geno may always suck but I think it's silly to give up on any player in the brief amount of time he has actually played.

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So it's not a fact that he was a green rookie in 2013?

its also not a fact that he was a 2nd year player in 2014?

its not a fact that he had no talent around him both seasons?

that the CS was made up of morons?  

Its not a fact that 99.9% of all QBs struggle their first few seasons?

These aren't facts?  

again, look, just excuses.   

No one can argue that he sucked.  

I pointed out that Big Blocker was told he had a misinformed opinion when he stated that Geno sucked his first two year.  It is not misinformed, it is a fact.   you all just wanted to make excuses why.

I am not arguing the excuses, I am stating the fact.

8 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

I pointed out that Big Blocker was told he had a misinformed opinion when he stated that Geno sucked his first two year.  It is not misinformed, it is a fact.   you all just wanted to make excuses why.

It is misinformed b/c he(or she) is just looking at #s w/o context.  Again, what were you guys thinking about Fitz after 29 starts?

Fitz threw 34 Tds and 34 INTs, Geno 27 & 35.  Fitz's record was 8-20-1, Geno's is 11-18.  Players can get better especially w/ the immense talent we have on offense around the QB.

1 hour ago, Big Blocker said:

Objectively speaking, Smith's stats ranked near the bottom two years running.  Those are facts.

And I couldn't care less how I sound to a Smith Fan, as long as you don't agree with what I say.  Because I do not want to agree with Smith Fans.  Then I would sound like I really don't know what I am talking about.

In any event, you don't have to be any particular age to come to the conclusion that Smith sucks.  Just have to know the game and arrive at a logical deduction. By contrast Smith Fans rely on hope and rose colored glasses. 

You assume wrong buddy..But making poor assessments seems to be your M.O. on this board.

I'm not a "smith fan. " I simply choose to defend the guy from idiots who are judging a once top rated prospect after just playing his 1st 2 years in the NFL with a poor offense, bad coaching. Two years he should have been sitting and learning.. 

you are a "fitzfanboy" who Insults any1 who knocks on your boy. He has bounced around this league so much over his 10-11 yr career for a reason. Chan gailey, Marshall is the only reason why he didn't suck last yr. It should be a stat when a WR saves a qb from a pick, Marshall would have broken the record last yr.

Geno can easily match fitz with those 2 also along with another year in school.. We can also use the $ we would waste on fitz to get the Mo deal done. 

I was in favor of bringing fitz back but he is acting like a major bitch thinking he deserves far more than his actual worth. Fitz/geno sounds a lot better than geno/petty.. A decent backup is important, fitz has known that his whole career 

41 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You assume wrong buddy..But making poor assessments seems to be your M.O. on this board.

I'm not a "smith fan. " I simply choose to defend the guy from idiots who are judging a once top rated prospect after just playing his 1st 2 years in the NFL with a poor offense, bad coaching. Two years he should have been sitting and learning.. 

you are a "fitzfanboy" who Insults any1 who knocks on your boy. He has bounced around this league so much over his 10-11 yr career for a reason. Chan gailey, Marshall is the only reason why he didn't suck last yr. It should be a stat when a WR saves a qb from a pick, Marshall would have broken the record last yr.

Geno can easily match fitz with those 2 also along with another year in school.. We can also use the $ we would waste on fitz to get the Mo deal done. 

I was in favor of bringing fitz back but he is acting like a major bitch thinking he deserves far more than his actual worth. Fitz/geno sounds a lot better than geno/petty.. A decent backup is important, fitz has known that his whole career 

wrong again.  I am not a Fitz fan except that I know he is better than Smith.  Is that what a fitzfanboy is?  If so, that includes everyone who follows the subject and knows the game.

And I think you come awfully close to a personal attack in your post.  Ftr I am far more intelligent than you.

48 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

It is misinformed b/c he(or she) is just looking at #s w/o context.  Again, what were you guys thinking about Fitz after 29 starts?

Fitz threw 34 Tds and 34 INTs, Geno 27 & 35.  Fitz's record was 8-20-1, Geno's is 11-18.  Players can get better especially w/ the immense talent we have on offense around the QB.

why do you always deflect from points people make?  

He was looking at more then numbers, he watched the games.  

Leave Fitz out of it as its not what we are talking about.  

The point is, and has been that Geno sucked his first two years.  You can make all the excuses why, and all the comparisons to other QBs you want.  You can not deflect or argue that Geno Smith sucked as a QB his first two years in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Whether it is theoretically possible that Smith might benefit from further play is not the metric here, imo.  Starting with the FACT that he sucked in his first two years, is it possible me might improve in year four?  Of course it is possible.  But is there a good reason to think he will enough, and likely enough that the Jets should turn the team over to him yet again?

No.

Smith quite simply has too many things wrong with his game to make him LIKELY enough to improve enough to deserve having the team turned over to him yet again.  It is a question of playing the odds.  The too many things include poor reads of the opposing pass defense, not feeling the pocket well enough both in terms of avoiding sacks and understanding how much time he has to throw, too often having poor situational awareness of where he is on the field, and declining effectiveness running the ball.  Add in the truly awful plays he is too capable of, and his obvious difficulties with teammates (I have never heard of a putative starting Qb on a team getting literally knocked out by a teammate and especially off such a self inflicted wound as owing the player money and making light of it), and last but not least not being supported by the CS and FO in comparison to this Qb who his rabid fans think is so awful.

The metric of how Fitzpatrick did before is irrelevant since we know how well he did last year and in fact the year before.

So, do the Jets have a good reason to turn the team over to Smith?

No.

3 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

wrong again.  I am not a Fitz fan except that I know he is better than Smith.  Is that what a fitzfanboy is?  If so, that includes everyone who follows the subject and knows the game.

And I think you come awfully close to a personal attack in your post.  Ftr I am far more intelligent than you.

Atleast one person ( you ) believes you're intelligent. That's all that matters Walter :)

9 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

The point is, and has been that Geno sucked his first two years.  You can make all the excuses why, and all the comparisons to other QBs you want.  You can not deflect or argue that Geno Smith sucked as a QB his first two years in the NFL.

he was looking at #s w/o context.  

2 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

It's not an excuse that there is a learning curve.  Or that you need players around you.  It's the way the position works.  

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Atleast one person ( you ) believes you're intelligent. That's all that matters Walter :)

no one is less intelligent(football wise) than big blocker but you probably already figured that out:lol:  oh and he's weirdly into women from the 1920s, strange dude.

2 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

2 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

And ftr I do not respond to junc.  I wish there was an ignore feature on this site.

There is.  Wrong twice

Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 6.08.14 PM.png

2 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

You're pathetic

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

There is.  Wrong twice

Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 6.08.14 PM.png

See that big blocker.. You are a lot like geno in a way. Some youngsters are Arrogant and think they are always right. Yet always seem to be wrong... Once they have been humbled they then can learn and reach their potential. The players believe geno is now humble and no longer arrogant after the sucker punch cost him his job. He has the physical tools only fitz can only dream of. Maybe it is Geno Smith who will finally humble you.. 

1 hour ago, Joe Jets fan said:

and when you have no credible argument left that's what people resort to.

My only argument is, Fitz couldn't beat out Geno last year and no way on Earth he beats him out this year. 

5 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

That's a very big statement for someone claiming that Fitz is better than Geno. You don't have to look far. Just watch the tapes where Fitz didn't have his backup RB, then compare that with games where Geno didn't have the league best WR duo. Yeah, that duo that he never had the luxury n still outplayed Fitz in his last 7 starts. 

16 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Geno is either the most talented or second most talented qb on the roster.  But yeah let's cut

If it's true, and you're probably right, that is a VERY sad state of affairs for this team. He may be the second best QB on this team, but he is NOTHING compared to even the worst starting QB's in the league today. His performances, his attitude, his ignorance is simply too much. He will NEVER guide this team to a SB victory. So what's the point? CUT him and lets find better options. It may take a while, but this team will be much better in the long run.

36 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

If it's true, and you're probably right, that is a VERY sad state of affairs for this team. He may be the second best QB on this team, but he is NOTHING compared to even the worst starting QB's in the league today. His performances, his attitude, his ignorance is simply too much. He will NEVER guide this team to a SB victory. So what's the point? CUT him and lets find better options. It may take a while, but this team will be much better in the long run.

So you're saying Fitz could bring this team to a SB victory.

OK, makes sense

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If Fitz signs, he won't have to beat out Geno. He's the starter. Bowles has already said as much. 

I know. It isn't one of his better judgments. He isn't Brandon Marshall or Revis. He isn't good enough to get a no-challenge automatic starter spot. He should be able to beat out a (so far) career unloved stiff like Geno with ease; if he gets outplayed this summer he shouldn't still automatically get the starting gig.

Bowles did that with Cro last year through his atrocious preseason. The message is if the starter is a teacher's pet he can't be unseated except by injury or extended poor play during the season. A team that hands out starting jobs to meh veterans just because, isn't going to get improved play at the position until that veteran gets injured or has already blown multiple games. 

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

What were your feelings on Mark Sanchez?

Sanchez had talent around him.  Had a really, really good team around him.  Had the number one defense, running game & OL.  Allowed him to win while he played like crap.  

Was given weapons early on, had Keller, Edwards, Holmes along with Kearly.  

Biggest difference, Kearly was Sanchezs 4th option, Genos first.

Both had to deal with mediocre CSs.  Sanchez never developed, never got better, regressed.  Hopefully Geno is improving, we'll see when he plays in games

15 hours ago, nyjunc said:

no one is less intelligent(football wise) than big blocker but you probably already figured that out:lol:  oh and he's weirdly into women from the 1920s, strange dude.

Liar.

And while I am at it, no one here overrates their football knowledge more than you.  You are the worst poster on Jets football I have ever encountered.  And I hope to leave it at that in responding to your uniformly crappy posts. 

Have as nice a day as you are capable of.

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If Fitz signs, he won't have to beat out Geno. He's the starter. Bowles has already said as much. 

Just to start the season, yes. Once he loses 4 or 5 out of the first 6 games, he'll be done as the starting QB in the NFL. 

3 hours ago, j4jets said:

Just to start the season, yes. Once he loses 4 or 5 out of the first 6 games, he'll be done as the starting QB in the NFL. 

a perfect example of how the Smith Fan is a different animal.  Yeah, let's root for THE JETS to lose 4 out of 5.

59 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

a perfect example of how the Smith Fan is a different animal.  Yeah, let's root for THE JETS to lose 4 out of 5.

And when Carl was saying the same thing with Geno as the QB I dont seem to remember the outrage.

Funny how we see and read what we want to see and read.  Its always the other side.  

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Sanchez had talent around him.  Had a really, really good team around him.  Had the number one defense, running game & OL.  Allowed him to win while he played like crap.  

Was given weapons early on, had Keller, Edwards, Holmes along with Kearly.  

Biggest difference, Kearly was Sanchezs 4th option, Genos first.

Both had to deal with mediocre CSs.  Sanchez never developed, never got better, regressed.  Hopefully Geno is improving, we'll see when he plays in games

I'd argue the talent level around Sanchez went downhill vastly over his 4 years. And he had the great un-equalizer Rex I pretend to like offense Ryan.

FYI didn't mean to downvote you , I wanted to quote and hit that by accident.

Archived