Cut Geno

johnnyjet

On 6/11/2016 at 6:44 PM, PatsFanTX said:

Again, you need to worry about staying out of the AFCE basement this year, not how the Pats will easily win the division once again.

Your schtick is so old and tired. 

PR37 is more original and funny than you, albeit unintentionally. 

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/9/2016 at 8:46 PM, JetBlue said:

Jet Black and I remember u :-)

I'm the guy who coined the name The Greenhouse for Matt-still a pretty good name if I do say so myself. Lefty Larry Westside Johnny, The Hermanator, Senior, Jimmy Jet, Bob, Stokes, Big Al, Thor, Caifornia Jet and a whole slew of guys with their state names like VA Jet. That was right after the Championship game against Denver

On 6/10/2016 at 9:17 PM, PatsFanTX said:

When did the NFL change that dumb rule?

Teams should only play division opponents twice a year.

That changed when the league expanded to eight 4-team divisions. Before that,  each conference had three divisions,  two with 5 teams and one with 4 teams.  The two 5th place teams from the previous season played each other twice.

7 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

I'm the guy who coined the name The Greenhouse for Matt-still a pretty good name if I do say so myself. Lefty Larry Westside Johnny, The Hermanator, Senior, Jimmy Jet, Bob, Stokes, Big Al, Thor, Caifornia Jet and a whole slew of guys with their state names like VA Jet. That was right after the Championship game against Denver

I remember all those guys plus Tinstar too.  We used to have some great debates and heated conversations.  I hope those guys are doing well. 

On 6/13/2016 at 4:26 PM, GenoTime said:

Come on, Geno Smith is an incredible athlete, you think he has time to post on a stupid Jets message board?

Hey, if you have time to go to the movies during team meetings, surely you can squeeze in the odd minute here and there to post on JN.

Geno shouldn't be cut and imo should be the starter if Fitz doesn't sign even if we sign or trade for a vet like McCown. But he's not best available player at the Qb position for the Jets. And that's what teams are supposed to do esp at the Qb position. Go with the player who can win you the most games. You don't switch Qbs and go from a 10-6 starter to a 4-12 starter. You can make all of the excuses for winning you want but those are the facts. And believe me Brandon Marshall isn't going to win you six extra games and chances are he's not going to work as well with Geno as he did with Fitz. The relationship of the star receivers to the Qb is essential to success. That's why all season long these guys were in constant communications with each other. Fitz would text a new play to Marshall at 3 in the morning. The players want us to build on our success not go backwards.

3 hours ago, drdetroit said:

The crazy thing is the jets have had waaaayyyyy worse qb's starting over the years.  I don't know what it is about Geno that the people who know everything are so angry about.  

No, no. He's one of the worst QBs the NFL has ever seen over his first 3 NFL seasons. There are so few who were worse over that span. Like Ryan Fitzpatrick lol.

3 hours ago, drdetroit said:

The crazy thing is the jets have had waaaayyyyy worse qb's starting over the years.  I don't know what it is about Geno that the people who know everything are so angry about.  

Hmmmm....

Personally:

I'd take Fitz (2015) over Geno

I'd take Sanchez (2009-2012) over Geno

I'd take Favre (2008) over Geno

I'd take Pennington (2002-2007) over Geno

I'd take Vinny Testaverde (1998-2001) over Geno

I'd take a Post-Super Bowl Neil O'Donnell (1996-1997) over Geno, although hindsight showed that was a horrid pickup.

Glen Foley (also 1996)......he's rather Geno like.  Call that one a tossup.

I'd take a late-era Boomer Esiason (1993-1995) over Geno.

Browning Nagle (1992).....Super Bust.  Maybe Geno is a bit better than he was, but has already got a ton more opportunity.  

I'd take Ken O'Brian (1984-1991) over Geno.

I'd take Richard Todd (1976-1983) over Geno.

Joe Namath (1965-1975) over Geno, of course.

Not sure who you're seeing who got a same-level opportunity as Geno (two full year, shoulda-been-three-if-no-jaw-break, going into #3 now as starter) who you'd NOT take over Geno.

if you're talking one-off or short term fill-in backup guys (Frank Reich, Mick Vick, Pat Ryan, Ray Lucas, etc) sure, but thats not really apples to apples.  

To each their own I guess.  (P.S. Gotta love the Predictable Race Card playing, pathetic and dishonest as usual).

On June 12, 2016 at 5:38 PM, GenoTime said:

If Geno starts, Jets win the division by thanksgiving. If Fitzcrapstinks starts, sadly 5 wins is probably accurate

Don't you belong on Finheaven.com or some pathetic other Dolphins website. Why waste your time and interrupt people tying to discuss their team issues.  Do you have that much a serious mental health problem when you go on another teams board and make childish immature comments does it makes you feel better? Its called delusional behavior. Just like thinking the  Dolphins are going to win the Super Bowl every year like the rest of your goofy dolphins fans .You just look stupid and you do nothing to bother Jets fans who are resilient enough to have to deal with their own team, if you think you're going to make us upset by being a troll you're sadly mistaken and that's why you have to be some soft ass dolphin fan. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2016 at 4:28 PM, GenoTime said:

Who the hell is @bowlesmovement? my guess is your a Ryan Fitzcrapstick lover and can't handle that its Geno Smith's time to shine?

Time to shine as in a post football career involving a shine box?

On 6/16/2016 at 5:50 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

No, no. He's one of the worst QBs the NFL has ever seen over his first 3 NFL seasons. There are so few who were worse over that span. Like Ryan Fitzpatrick lol.

So another 6-7 years of horrible and he might be able to put together a season of mediocrity in that case.  Why waste the investment of the first three years?

I bet the Bills are pissed that they gave up on Fitz way too soon.

32 minutes ago, EM31 said:

So another 6-7 years of horrible and he might be able to put together a season of mediocrity in that case.  Why waste the investment of the first three years?

I missed the part where I suggested starting Geno Smith for an additional 6-7 years. Or even more than 6-7 games, assuming he still looks no better, before handing the job off to another. If he shows he's still not a regular starter, but wouldn't be so terrible for a stretch in case of an injury to a starter, I'm fine with bringing him back cheap to back up Petty/Hackenberg. If someone else is somehow willing to fork over $3-4M/yr for him after the season, that's already too expensive to match, based on what we have seen so far. Regardless, you forgot to call me a Geno Lover :).

Clearly we aren't winning a SB with Fitzpatrick. Not now, not next year, not ever. I just don't value him the same as others, who want to rob from next year, when we may have a better chance with some development from Petty/Hackenberg (or from acquiring another). When shelling out that kind of money, the player should either be a guy you truly believe will help us win it all right now, should be a serious building block for the future, or will provide on-field help in the development of another (e.g. good veteran starters on offense, around a young QB, to make his adjustment easier). None of that will make a bad QB into a good one, but an easier transition can certainly help, in the same way teams don't throw every rookie onto the field immediately, readiness be damned. If Fitz was closer to the $5M/yr range, then fine. He clearly wants more than double that amount, so it's not fine.

Archived