Geno Smith trained with Beckham Jr,Landry and Brown

joewilly12

While Fitzpatrick did nothing Geno Smith trained with some of the best WRs in the NFL 

We know Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. bunked at Drake's house this offseason while working out in California. 

But the star pass catcher's training was bicoastal, it turns out. And a player from the other side of the city/state/parking lot was prominently involved. 

Miami Dolphins wideout Jarvis Landry, Beckham's best friend and college teammate at LSU, told South Florida reporters on Wednesday that he, Beckham and Pittsburgh Steelers wideout Antonio Brown trained together in Miami, according to The Miami Herald.

The quarterback throwing the three Pro Bowlers passes? None other than the Jetsplaceholder for Ryan Fitzpatrick/current starter, Geno Smith

Those participating in the workout group - Vikings cornerback Xavier Rhodes was also part of it - all had Miami ties, according to The Herald. Smith is a Miami native, as are Brown and Rhodes. Landry plays in Miami. And Beckham's a man of the world. So it all makes sense.

Landry made it sound like Brown was leading the charge in the workouts. "A lot of it feels like it's made up by AB [Brown], but it's some good stuff in there," Landry said, according to ESPN.com. "A lot of footwork drills. We get some one-on-one in there against corners like Xavier Rhodes and guys like that. It's really just getting a feel for playing outside receiver."

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he did this a couple of years ago as well, not sure about OBJ and Landry, but with Brown.  I'm not as interested in the WRs he's working against, but the corners.  I wish he could learn from them, see the play develop from their point of view so he can better himself.  Otherwise, it doesn't help much because Decker/Marshall aren't guys like OBJ/Landry, so I'm not sure how it translates for Geno.  

43 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

How many threads are you going to start?

How many threads that you post in are you going to complain about? Anyone force you to open Geno threads and post in them? 

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How many threads that you post in are you going to complain about? Anyone force you to open Geno threads and post in them? 

LOL Jet Nut I couldn't see his comment he's on ignore like a few others here it makes the place so much better :D

You've chosen to ignore content by Joe Jets fan.

Once again, the kid is working at his craft and trying to better himself , but because it's Geno many here blow it off.

An again these are the same fans who continue to post how he's done nothing to improve his game.

I wonder what the reaction would be if you changed Geno to Fitz in the same post.

Would it be something like this.

Good to know that Fitz is working with some of the best WR's in the league to stay sharp and keep improving.

10 minutes ago, fltflo said:

Once again, the kid is working at his craft and trying to better himself , but because it's Geno many here blow it off.

An again these are the same fans who continue to post how he's done nothing to improve his game.

I wonder what the reaction would be if you changed Geno to Fitz in the same post.

Good to know that Fitz is working with some of the best WR's in the league to stay sharp and keep improving.

It's always going to be like that with some of these fans. Maybe they need to go climb a mountain, then jump off. 

11 minutes ago, fltflo said:

Exactly the Geno Smith hate is a crime here like him or not I would hope he does well as our QB. 

2 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Odell is the best young wide receiver since Randy Moss.

Most people could care less if he is an a$$hole, he is still the best.

Right you are Beckham Jr is far from a hunk of sh*t goes to show mindset of those who hate Geno.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Right you are Beckham Jr is far from a hunk of sh*t goes to show mindset of those who hate Geno.

It seems like these guys will hate on anything Geno related. If geno starts next year and throws 20+ TD'S, and less than 10 interceptions along with 4000+ yards and a passer rating of 90+, they will still find a fault in it, it's truly sad.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:
While Fitzpatrick did nothing Geno Smith trained with some of the best WRs in the NFL 

We know Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. bunked at Drake's house this offseason while working out in California. 

But the star pass catcher's training was bicoastal, it turns out. And a player from the other side of the city/state/parking lot was prominently involved. 

Miami Dolphins wideout Jarvis Landry, Beckham's best friend and college teammate at LSU, told South Florida reporters on Wednesday that he, Beckham and Pittsburgh Steelers wideout Antonio Brown trained together in Miami, according to The Miami Herald.

The quarterback throwing the three Pro Bowlers passes? None other than the Jetsplaceholder for Ryan Fitzpatrick/current starter, Geno Smith

Those participating in the workout group - Vikings cornerback Xavier Rhodes was also part of it - all had Miami ties, according to The Herald. Smith is a Miami native, as are Brown and Rhodes. Landry plays in Miami. And Beckham's a man of the world. So it all makes sense.

Landry made it sound like Brown was leading the charge in the workouts. "A lot of it feels like it's made up by AB [Brown], but it's some good stuff in there," Landry said, according to ESPN.com. "A lot of footwork drills. We get some one-on-one in there against corners like Xavier Rhodes and guys like that. It's really just getting a feel for playing outside receiver."

Why are you starting a thread about Fitz' placeholder and Beckham's practice thrower? I thought they usually had the coach's son do that

Where is the link to the article about Fitz doing nothing? 

1 minute ago, Colgateman said:

It seems like these guys will hate on anything Geno related. If geno starts next year and throws 20+ TD'S, and less than 10 interceptions along with 4000+ yards and a passer rating of 90+, they will still find a fault in it, it's truly sad.

Yes they will like I say the night we win the Super Bowl there will guys here bitching about something, 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Kudos to Geno Smith regardless of the situation here he's done more than his part to make the best of it. 

I hope he finally gets the chance he deserves here. 

Finally?

He's been the starter 2 of the last 3 years. LOL

Keep posting...

pVcEKrQ.gif

3 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Why are you starting a thread about Fitz' placeholder and Beckham's practice thrower? I thought they usually had the coach's son do that

Where is the link to the article about Fitz doing nothing? 

Wheres the link to Fitz doing anything to improve his game? 

10 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Odell is the best young wide receiver since Randy Moss.

Most people could care less if he is an a$$hole, he is still the best.

He's only been playing a couple of years. How is he helping Geno? He's a great receiver but really, how does that help? When Geno was practicing with Marshall I gave him credit. I don't think it matters who you throw to if it's not your team mates. Who's plays are they running? The giants, dolphins, or the steelers? 

Just now, NYs Stepchild said:

He's only been playing a couple of years. How is he helping Geno? He's a great receiver but really, how does that help? When Geno was practicing with Marshall I gave him credit. I don't think it matters who you throw to if it's not your team mates. Who's plays are they running? The giants, dolphins, or the steelers? 

Practicing throwing, timing patterns practicing with elite WRs, 

Ever hear the saying play up with better players not with equal or less talented players it will make you better. 

Guess not.

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Practicing throwing, timing patterns practicing with elite WRs, 

Ever hear the saying play up with better players not with equal or less talented players it will make you better. 

Guess not.

Nice try. You play against better players to make yourself better.  

If that were true Giants, and Steelers fans would be really worried that Geno would ruin their guys. 

Working on timing with receivers from other teams that run different offenses is not going to help anymore than throwing to anyone else. 

4 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Nice try. You play against better players to make yourself better.  

If that were true Giants, and Steelers fans would be really worried that Geno would ruin their guys. 

Working on timing with receivers from other teams that run different offenses is not going to help anymore than throwing to anyone else. 

Ok you're right I guess he should be home playing with his Rubik's cube. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok you're right I guess he should be home playing with his Rubik's cube. 

Maybe Greg Salas and David Nelson are free.  Some of these freaking fans.....for crissakes

To be fair, he has been practicing with our guys now. With Fitz sitting out Geno is also getting plenty of time with Marshall and Decker as well. Also the way it's looking right now, he will be getting all the starting reps in mini camp as well.

16 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Wait, this entire league full of players know one another and during the offseason many (from different teams) work out together. Last year Geno trained with the coach that trained Brady for years. I guess that means nothing to you because he didn't train with the Jets QB coach? This is essentially what you're saying. If it didn't matter these guys wouldn't do it. They're the best in the world getting ready for the next season. None of these athletes are going to do something that they feel doesn't help them. Get over yourself. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Wait, this entire league full of players know one another and during the offseason many (from different teams) work out together. Last year Geno trained with the coach that trained Brady for years. I guess that means nothing to you because he didn't train with the Jets QB coach? This is essentially what you're saying. If it didn't matter these guys wouldn't do it. They're the best in the world getting ready for the next season. None of these athletes are going to do something that they feel doesn't help them. Get over yourself. 

Training with a great coach makes sense. Training against great players makes sense. Training with pro bowl receivers is very nice but making a big deal out of it like talent will rub off is not. Beckham is not a real role model for him. Antonio may be. 

Sorry but the guy lost 13 of his last 16 games all of which I was emotionally invested in. If I don't like him that is the only reason why. I'd rather not see him play again because I don't like losing, and I really don't like watching the other team laughing at us. 

1 hour ago, fltflo said:

Guess they're just trying to balance out the board.  Nothing like reading the Geno haters whining that there are too many pro Geno threads.  Because, as I've also been told, if you think Geno can improve, you have proved that you're not intelligent.  

16 games where he believes Geno lost 13.  On his own.  The team should have or would have won how many if Fitz or whoever was playing QB on that mess of a team.

Archived